Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: ] #200343
01/13/07 07:08 PM
01/13/07 07:08 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I get the feeling it's much "lumpier" than BML. And I believe Tyler said that you let it thaw so you can stir in your fruit/veggie selection for the night. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: ] #200366
01/13/07 07:57 PM
01/13/07 07:57 PM
Houston, Texas
gliderboy4life Offline
Glider Guardian
gliderboy4life  Offline
Glider Guardian

Houston, Texas
Priscilla has just recently started using Tofu, My guys absolutley love it!!!!!!
I put the cubes in the microwave and thaw them out or if in a hurry cook for like 45 sec.
I have never used/seen BML so i cant help you there on the consistency. They actually don't care if it isn't thawed all the way.

Monster,cereal and buscuits are just an option. I actually on use them when I can get them. The monkey buscuits are cool because they just carry them around and slowly eat them. Some nights my guys will eat the cereal but only sometimes. Vary rarely do they finish it all.

Tyler Cleckley
www.GliderBoyGliders.com
Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: gliderboy4life] #200371
01/13/07 08:11 PM
01/13/07 08:11 PM
Central Connecticut
BCChins Offline
Glider Addict
BCChins  Offline
Glider Addict

Central Connecticut
I like the sounds of this diet and was very shy to use it as it seemed more complex then it really is. One question I have is if my glider does not like eggs can I just use chicken nightly? Of course I would try the egg but to date he will not eat eggs no way no how!

Thank you
This is a very good thread and looks to be a good diet.

Have a Good Day
Brenda &
Mr. Magoo

Friendly Reminder please have an e-collar ready before you need it......
Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: BCChins] #200372
01/13/07 08:14 PM
01/13/07 08:14 PM
Houston, Texas
gliderboy4life Offline
Glider Guardian
gliderboy4life  Offline
Glider Guardian

Houston, Texas
BCChins, if you try the eggs I think he will eat them. After i scamble the eggs I put them in the chopper and chop them up real fine. My gliders eat anything as long as they are mixed with the mixture. If he doesn't like that you still have the basic, chicken, and tofu.

Tyler Cleckley
www.GliderBoyGliders.com
Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: gliderboy4life] #200380
01/13/07 08:33 PM
01/13/07 08:33 PM
Central Connecticut
BCChins Offline
Glider Addict
BCChins  Offline
Glider Addict

Central Connecticut
Tyler Thank you for replying so fast! I certainly will try the egg and was thinking if it tastes as good as you are all making it sound then he just might like them. I was just reading the ing. on Priscilla's web page and it states on the vitamins that it helps boost the immune system and helps in any healing they may need due to illness and rehabilitating gliders. Has anyone noticed this in their gliders?

Thank you again

Have a Good Day
Brenda &
Mr. Magoo

Friendly Reminder please have an e-collar ready before you need it......
Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: BCChins] #200385
01/13/07 08:50 PM
01/13/07 08:50 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted By: BCChins
Tyler Thank you for replying so fast! I certainly will try the egg and was thinking if it tastes as good as you are all making it sound then he just might like them. I was just reading the ing. on Priscilla's web page and it states on the vitamins that it helps boost the immune system and helps in any healing they may need due to illness and rehabilitating gliders. Has anyone noticed this in their gliders?

Thank you again

It seems to me her supplement is alot like Dawnna' life-line. Very similar ingridents which is why I'm wanting to try it. I'd love to make Dawnna's diet, but finding all that stuff has been quite dificult for me.
This seems much simpler.

Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: BCChins] #200391
01/13/07 09:10 PM
01/13/07 09:10 PM
Orlando/Kissimmee Florida
A
agilitygliders Offline
Glider Slave
agilitygliders  Offline
Glider Slave
A

I buy a large amount of the vitamins at one time becuase I retail them through Pricsilla. I only use 1/8 per pair. I think that 1/2 t would be way to much vitamin on two tablespoons per pair, which is the amount that whould be given.

I break of a piece of the mix thaw it in the microwave and than serve two heaping tablespoons per pair of gliders. I also serve their monkey biscuits with their food. They almost always eat them all. I use the Zupreem brand not the Mazuri. I use to use the cereal but they would hardly ever eat it. Its just for a boost of protein for breeding gliders.

I only use the Chicken and Egg mixtures at this time. Priscilla has used Tofu for years but I prefer not to feed it. My gliders get so much variety from the added fruits and veggies they eat it all no matter which mix it is.

I also make the fruits and veggies in the food proccesor per batch. I make it a smoothie and then add it to the mix. Reason I do this is to reduce gliders picking and choosing and less mess on the walls this way.

I reccomeng using the freeser bag flat pack method rather than using ice cube trays. You can actually measure the appropriate amount of food and if you know one pair eats more you serve them a little extra. Where as the cubes you are limited to the amount in the cubes. Also if you do not smoothie the fruits and veggies you at times get more fruits and veggies in the cube and this diplaces the rest of the mix.

I hope I covered most of it. Let me know if I missed anything.

Billy Rodriguez Jr.

Delfuego Kennels in Sunny Florida
Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: ] #200404
01/13/07 09:38 PM
01/13/07 09:38 PM
MA
pappy1264 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
Ok, I have tried BML (Timmy ate it about the first month, and then the next five months, barely touched it). Switched to PML, which the first few nights, was a major hit, as they cleaned both bowls. But after that, back to not touching the 'mix', just eating the corn and peas and maybe a little of the melon. They get mealies every day (which I found out I was giving too many, but they have always got the same amounts so don't think that has anything to do with the stopping eating the mix, either.) After throwing away the PML every morning, it came time to make another batch. I decided to try the BML again, just in case they get 'bored'. Nope, would not touch it (Gidget never has).

So maybe I should try this? I am confused. Can someone pm me with the link to the diet, so I can see how it 'works'?

Thanks!

Timmy, Gidget(RIP), Bandit, Petey(RIP), Phoebe, Jake (RIP) Piper(RIP), Pru(RIP), Paige, Cole, Molly(RIP), Oliver, Wyatt, Roo(RIP), Romeo, Pennie, Mandy(RIP), Madison, Garth, Kikipoo, Stasia, Bella, Petunia(RIP), Helen, Sydney, Kizzy and Sweet Pea's mom,
Mary
Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: pappy1264] #200412
01/13/07 09:48 PM
01/13/07 09:48 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: ] #200420
01/13/07 10:08 PM
01/13/07 10:08 PM
MA
pappy1264 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
Ok, a couple of questions (and hope they have not been asked already). On the chicken, does it have to be broiled? Also, where do you the the 'cereal' and monkey biscuits? And also, the glider vitamins? And about the mealies, it says 20 mealies per glider, is that for a day or divided over the three days?

Timmy, Gidget(RIP), Bandit, Petey(RIP), Phoebe, Jake (RIP) Piper(RIP), Pru(RIP), Paige, Cole, Molly(RIP), Oliver, Wyatt, Roo(RIP), Romeo, Pennie, Mandy(RIP), Madison, Garth, Kikipoo, Stasia, Bella, Petunia(RIP), Helen, Sydney, Kizzy and Sweet Pea's mom,
Mary
Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: pappy1264] #200424
01/13/07 10:12 PM
01/13/07 10:12 PM
MA
pappy1264 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
Ok found the cereal and monkey biscuits on the site. I have Zookeepers secret, could I use that as the 'staple' in the cage instead of the cereal? My two don't like pellets, and the zookeepers is softer.

Mary
Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: ] #200426
01/13/07 10:13 PM
01/13/07 10:13 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is definately the best thread I have seen on this subject....thank you everyone

Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: ] #200434
01/13/07 10:28 PM
01/13/07 10:28 PM
A
agilitygliders Offline
Glider Slave
agilitygliders  Offline
Glider Slave
A

I would only use the monkey biscuits if you can find the Zupreem those are better. I sell both the vitamins and the biscuits. Let me know if you are interested. I can get come out to you by next weekend. ZKS is ok but only occasionally. I don;t like it because it has a short shelf life. Then my gliders wont eat the stuff.

As for the chicken, I boil mine. We don;t have a broiler on our oven since its the kind that are built into the wall. I have always boiled mine and I dont think it makes a huge difference.

I believe in a harder pellet since it act as a tooth brush so to speak. Glider break into bark to get at the sap. If all we give our gliders are soft baby food consistency diets all we are asking for are tooth problems. The hardness of the biscuits helps the gliders clean their teeth while they eat.

Billy Rodriguez Jr.

Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: agilitygliders] #200449
01/13/07 10:45 PM
01/13/07 10:45 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pricilla sells everything you need on the same site I sent you to - she sell kits that have everything, or the ingredients separately.

Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: ] #200492
01/14/07 12:32 AM
01/14/07 12:32 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i use suncoast diet right now but have noticed that my gliders havent been eating their fruits too much lately and i have always had the concern that they are not getting enough vitamins and calcium... my gliders like zookeepers since its soft and i have tried the monkey biscuits and mine wont touch that....
i have been debating with myself lately to try another diet and after reading this thread and everyones coments i think i will be ordering the vitamins and trying this diet out.... seems like everyone has had a good experience with it and i like the fact thats its pretty flexable...
just wanted you to know i loved this thread i have learned alot today..... thanks guys keep the info coming would love to hear more about this diet

Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: ] #200499
01/14/07 12:42 AM
01/14/07 12:42 AM
A
agilitygliders Offline
Glider Slave
agilitygliders  Offline
Glider Slave
A

I am glad that this diet thread has stayed so consistent and has been able to help so many people with their diet issues.

Keep the questions coming!!!

Billy Rodriguez Jr.

Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: agilitygliders] #200503
01/14/07 12:47 AM
01/14/07 12:47 AM
A
agilitygliders Offline
Glider Slave
agilitygliders  Offline
Glider Slave
A

Also the mealies are 20 per glider on the specified days. Or like me I give my guys 10 each everyday of the giant mealworms.

Billy Rodriguez Jr.

Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: agilitygliders] #200628
01/14/07 10:13 AM
01/14/07 10:13 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have to say ours continue to lick their plates and eat their veggies consistently.....although the cereal is not devoured with the same enthusiasm, it is nibbled daily....also, the monkey biscuit disappears over the course of a couple days but is in a different location every morning (I think they just carry it around for fun.....lol) We are making a new batch today and I can't wait to try the ideas.....I thought I woukld make a batch of basic, split it up for the protein base and then add different combos of the blended fruits and veggies like suggested here..just one question, since PP says 3/4 cups of fruits/veggies to each portion.....is it 1 1/2 cups fruits and veggies TOTAL for the batch...in other words canwe blend 1 1/2 cups and then divide it to the various batches....I hope that makes sense......

Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: agilitygliders] #200631
01/14/07 10:18 AM
01/14/07 10:18 AM
MA
pappy1264 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
Ok, you have sold me! (I was giving mine that many, 10, every day now! I think this diet is more 'up their alley'.) I will contact you off list, Billy. Thank you!

Mary
Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: pappy1264] #200645
01/14/07 10:54 AM
01/14/07 10:54 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a great thread!! I have read the RAVES...Are there any downsides? anyone have the babies stop eating it like you read regarding other diets? How long have you been using it? etc??

thanks for starting this.....I feed Peggy's HPW and my babies LOVE it....but it's great to learn of others.

Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: ] #200648
01/14/07 11:04 AM
01/14/07 11:04 AM
Lecanto Florida
1daddyglider1 Offline
Glider Guardian
1daddyglider1  Offline
Glider Guardian

Lecanto Florida
billy pm me if interested in some info on your giant mealies you may be interested in. i feed the small mealies on occasion.
i can put you in touch with the people that can prove what i tell you about them.

Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: ] #200652
01/14/07 11:07 AM
01/14/07 11:07 AM
A
agilitygliders Offline
Glider Slave
agilitygliders  Offline
Glider Slave
A

I have been on this diet going on two years now. They have never ever stopped eating it. I have seen no negative effects as of yet.

As the the fruits. There is 1 1/2 cups added to each portion. So I smoothie 3/4 of veggies and 3/4 of fruits for each portion then add it in. You are essentially using 3 cups of fruits and veggies per batch.

Try and see if there is a farmers market or discount bulk produce store around your area. We have several and the one by my house is the best. I get a whole cart full for around 30 dollars and that goes a long way.

I get the following fruits and veggies every time but mix it differently for each batch:

Sweet Potatoes, Bok Choy, Bell peppers red and green and orange, green beans, snow peas, carrots, squash, yams.

Apples, asian pears, papaya, strawberries, watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe, mangos, hatian mangos, pineapple, grapes, bannanas, and one batch for the month with avacado. I use it only as a special dinner night.

Also make sure your mealworms are the giant sized mealworms, if you have small mealies you must add more to compensate for size.

Billy Rodriguez Jr.

Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: ] #200654
01/14/07 11:15 AM
01/14/07 11:15 AM
Houston, Texas
gliderboy4life Offline
Glider Guardian
gliderboy4life  Offline
Glider Guardian

Houston, Texas
Don't worry about how much fruits and veggies in each. I add fresh ones each night and don't freeze them in. If it is easier to freeze in then, make various batches rotating the different foods. Don't worry about the amount. Put how much you gliders eat. Like I said earlier it's all in judment and the good part about this diet is that you can bend it many different ways to fit your needs.

Tyler Cleckley
www.GliderBoyGliders.com
Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: agilitygliders] #200656
01/14/07 11:16 AM
01/14/07 11:16 AM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
The only concern I do have with P's diet is that you have to *sprinkle* the vitamins on the food. That has always worried me in different diets. Including the Suncoast. How do you know how much to sprinkle and what if you are sprinkling too much? What if it isnt enough?

I also am very happy with the way this thread has been going. Thank you all for not turning it into a bashing segment, but instead letting it be a learning device as all the threads should be when we are discussing diets.

One more thing I would like to add, just because someone is posting about diets, please dont decide to just start switching diet plans. Making too many diet switches can be just as bad for your suggie as having them on one they wont eat! But I always encourage others to read and learn so you can help to educate later. thumb

Peggy
Critter Love
Critter Love� Diet Center

If you want to know what a person is like, watch how he treats others.

You'll never know what the outcome is if you don't step up and try.

Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: Srlb] #200662
01/14/07 11:26 AM
01/14/07 11:26 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

thanks to everyone.....and I agree with Peggy...I would have no reason to stop feeding HPW...just because...My gliders look beautiful and have sooo much more energy.....This is a great thread .....keep it coming...I wish we could do this with all the diets!

Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: Srlb] #200663
01/14/07 11:28 AM
01/14/07 11:28 AM
A
agilitygliders Offline
Glider Slave
agilitygliders  Offline
Glider Slave
A

I agree with you Peggy. If your glider are eating their present diet perfectly fine, why switch. That means that your gliders are happy.If you start to notice less interest in the food then there is a problem and a switch might be a good thing.

Now Peggy I use 1/8 teaspoon which I sprinkle on to each plate every night per pair. Thats how much I have always used and it has been enough since my gliders areat good weights and do not lose but gain while carrying joeys so there is no ill effects concerning calcium deficits. I have used the same amount for about 2 years and no problems.

I suggest following the diet as is. P has made it easier for us to follow by adding the fruits and veggies to each portion. I highly believe in following those instruction as closely as possible. It is true there is no amount to feed per pair because each pair is different, but they have never been able to finish two heaping table spoons along with mealies everyday and biscuits. They only leave a bit behind and that gives me peace of mind since I know they got their fill.

I used all these techniques when I had 30 gliders I used a whole flat pack per day so I was able to be very flexible as to the variety that they got in their mixes. Now that I have 7 gliders and more plans for a bit larger breeding program concentrated on temperament and color, I will probably be back up to 30 and will continue to use these techniques along with P's help and tips. I pretty much always consult her on any questions I have on this diet. She is the creator along with her highly experienced vet. If any doubts consult her directly I am sure she would not mind at all.

Billy Rodriguez Jr.

Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: agilitygliders] #200692
01/14/07 01:15 PM
01/14/07 01:15 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok, Couple questions. This is from Priscilla's site:

>>Add 3/4 cup various chopped or precut fruits and vegetables to each portion.

So is that 3/4 cups of fruits AND 3/4 cups of veggies or 3/4 cups of both?

Also, what are your gliders prefered method of getting their fruit/veggies? mixed in or seperate?

Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: ] #200694
01/14/07 01:18 PM
01/14/07 01:18 PM
A
agilitygliders Offline
Glider Slave
agilitygliders  Offline
Glider Slave
A

Its 3/4 cups of each so 1 1/2 cups all together. My gliders prefer them mixed in. Always have, as do all of my joeys that are still on this diet.

I smoothie it so that they are less picky and that way they get all of their nutrients.

Billy Rodriguez Jr.

Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: ] #200695
01/14/07 01:20 PM
01/14/07 01:20 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the clarification on the fr/veg amounts...my two little girls love it so much that it is used as licky treat (all over my fingers right now)....Blanche and Stella (OOP DEc 1) turn their noses up at all treats except mealies....now they lick first and mealie later....lol

Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: agilitygliders] #200696
01/14/07 01:21 PM
01/14/07 01:21 PM
MA
pappy1264 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
Ok, another question. If you smoothie the ingrediants, can you give a couple of pieces of fruit/veggies (say one or two) as well? The reason I ask is my two like to hold and eat their food, so I thought maybe they could have the best of both worlds if I could still give them a piece of fruit or a piece of corn as a treat.

Mary
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 379 guests, and 83 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,551 TEXAS
679,068 OHIO
487,134 OKLAHOMA
432,138 UTAH
321,663 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024