Nail trimming UGH!
by Feather. 07/05/21 01:34 PM
The Passing of a Member
by Feather. 07/02/21 07:56 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
A Welcome Message

On behalf of the Owners, Administrators, and Moderators, welcome to the GliderCENTRAL Home Page. We have been serving the glider community for about nine years now with more than 275,000 posts for the purpose of sharing glider information while providing a family type of atmosphere. Both veteran and new members are welcome. Our main mission is to help Sugar Gliders and their owners with illness questions or general glider care. We are a PG rated board and do not approve of flaming or bashing. This board will not be involved in name calling, gossip or drama. If you have any problems or questions, please contact one of our Moderators, Administrators or the Owner.

We would like to thank everyone for making GliderCENTRAL what it is and we are glad to have you all.
Have fun, and we will strive to give all the help we can for you.

07/02/21 11:56 PM The Passing of a Member
It is so sad we must post the passing of another GliderCENTRAL member, Josefine Vodenik, known as Josefine on the board. She cared deeply for her very spoiled gliders. Here is what her husband posted.

Josefine Vodenik, age 68 of Perry, passed away on Thursday, July 1, 2021, at the Dallas County Hospital in Perry, IA. Visitation will be held on Monday, July 5, 2021, from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. with a Celebration of Life Memories at 5:30 p.m. at the Carris Family Funeral Home & Cremation Care in Perry. In lieu of flowers, memorials will be given to the Raccoon River Pet Rescue in Perry and may be left at the Carris Family Funeral Home & Cremation Care.
Please no flowers, those who knew her well, knew she didn't want cut flowers, because she felt someone killed them to give them to her.
0 216 Read More
06/29/21 07:31 PM newbie but not
Hi all,
From Rutland VT.
I have a lovely lil mosaic with babies in pouch..... her name is Fern
I also have a lil man that is a BB who at times can be a cranky boy.
Today while he was in his bonding pouch he fought all morning to unzip his pouch. LOL he would try and try and then crab over and over because he could not do it. He must have annoyed Fern because she crabbed at him and gave him a swat
2 358 Read More
06/15/21 01:11 PM So to be a Parent

Hello everyone, I am about to be a new parent to 2 gliders, I have been reading a lot studying a lot, and still got no definitive answers so I found this place maybe you can lay to rest some of my concerns or worries.

My first concern is that I read and heard they like to pee on everything is this true I mean if I have them out playing on the sofa and whatnot will they pee on my furniture, and rugs and so forth?

What about my morning walks I have heard it is OK to take my gliders on walks with me either in a pouch or sitting on my shoulders, do I have to think about some sort of leash as I am afraid they might run away while on walk and out and about?

Thanks\I am sure as I learn from them I will have more questions
Abdulah
4 478 Read More
05/02/21 04:21 AM Hi I’m New!
Hi sugar glider community!

I’m new here!
I’ve had my sugar glider for about 3 months his name is Pikachu & there is something reddish pink coming out of his cloaca, I read online it his penis but I just want to make sure, I have pics also but can’t attach them because they are larger than what can be uploaded (488KB) , I’m worried & I just want to know that the red thing protruding out is normal,

Thank u!
3 658 Read More
04/15/21 12:48 AM First Time Owner

Hello everyone I am a first time sugar glider owner and I am documenting my journey and experience on TikTok, I wont post my username yet because I haven't read the site guidelines but I would LOVE to hear about any advice you guys have for a first time owner or any experiences you have to share!
3 604 Read More
03/06/21 05:18 AM Hi
Hello everyone. I have been reading posts on this site for 5 years, and finally thought I'd join. I am hoping to be able to get a sugar glider pair, but I have had many problems so far. I have been researching sugar gliders diligently since I was 9 and saw one at a fair, but my mom being a responsible person required me to do some research. I am so glad she did because if she hadn't I would have become one of those people with pushover parents who got me a pet that soon died or had to be given away. About a year ago I had an opportunity to get a sugar glider. Her previous owners had obviously bought her on an impulse and were now getting rid of her. As soon as I saw her I knew I needed to get her away from these people who had killed her 3 companions out of neglect. They obviously had done no research and tried to convince me that gliders were special because they never got sick and didn't need to visit the vet. I bought her immediately since I had been doing research for a very long time. I took her to the vet as soon as possible and got some medicine and care, but the stress of moving and taking medicine combined with her already fragile condition caused her to become very sick. We had to put her down after only two weeks with her, but I am still glad I was able to have her for a any time at all. We bonded very quickly and after about a week she was comfortable sitting in my hand for a short while and taking treats from my hand. It has been a year since I lost her and I would still like to get a pair of sugar gliders, but I am not sure I want to rescue as I was originally intending since I am not sure if I could take losing another animal any sooner. I just wanted to share my story and maybe get some advice on how to move on and be able to get some sugar gliders. Thank you.
2 650 Read More
GliderCENTRAL's Features

• Forums- The forums are the heart of GliderCENTRAL (GC). Here you will find discussion on just about every thing about sugar gliders.
  • Links- The links database is comprehensive collection of links that will provide you hours of reading. The links can be added by anyone and reviews can be left and read on existing ones. Included in the Links Database, you will find the Vets List and Breeder List
  • Sounds- Hear some of sounds that gliders make. We have audio formats for both Windows Media player and Real Audio.
  • Glider Names- Almost two thousand names are here. These names were submitted by our members over the years so we have a great collection.

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (minkasmom), 71 guests, and 315 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
DawnE, cookie, Flo96, Mello, raccooncity
7260 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,263
Posts158,637
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,260
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
A/C Broken
by cookielover. 07/27/21 06:57 PM
WSSR has rescues available.
by Feather. 07/24/21 11:33 PM
A Little Bit of Tucker!!!
by Feather. 07/11/21 12:17 AM
Gliders suddenly fighting?
by Mello. 07/06/21 05:17 AM
Nail trimming UGH!
by Ladymagyver. 07/05/21 08:31 AM
The Passing of a Member
by Feather. 07/02/21 07:56 PM
Cat Scratch/Bite! Help
by Shalena. 07/02/21 12:22 AM
still around all 10 of us
by mechnut450. 03/15/21 09:01 AM
reminder the SGGA2021 coming up
by mechnut450. 02/19/21 09:31 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
821,383 TEXAS
653,640 OHIO
460,903 OKLAHOMA
409,640 UTAH
302,304 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2021