Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Update on Cages and Recall - PART TWO [Re: Gizmogirl] #1121033
05/29/11 10:46 PM
05/29/11 10:46 PM
Spring, Texas
Trigger Offline
Glider Addict
Trigger  Offline
Glider Addict

Spring, Texas
Aimee to my knowledge Pocket Pets has sent emails to all their customers that they have contact info for. They started this by the day I posted the original info regarding the recall here on GC.
I am certain Peggy is in bed by now but I will ask her first thing tommorow to address this.

I do know that most PP customers I have heard from did receive the email although some weren't real happy with things happening, they were made aware and offered replacement cages and in some cases even gliders as sad as it is.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»MO MONEY!»-(¯`v´¯)-»
kids Chance, Dylan, John, & Kayla
Skittles, Snupi, Snuki, Lucy, Shanu, Caspian, Ivy, Kalysta, Kaliya, Santee, Cheyenne, Apache, Comanche, Twirpy, Meribelle, Santeria, Shyamalan, Sebastian, Zoey, Naira & Katsu
www.jensfuzzyfriends.com
Re: Update on Cages and Recall - PART TWO [Re: Gizmogirl] #1121066
05/29/11 11:25 PM
05/29/11 11:25 PM
North Little Rock, AR
Rocky_D Offline
In Pouch
Rocky_D  Offline
In Pouch

North Little Rock, AR
Without knowing that we lost Taz, the email from Martins said to remove the gliders from the cage if they become ill. We have not returned an email to them yet, we are really upset with the situation and the chance we unknowingly took when we put Rocky back in the Martins cage.

Bob n Glenda

:grey: Rocky D

:rbridge: Taz
Re: Update on Cages and Recall - PART TWO [Re: Gizmogirl] #1121158
05/30/11 04:54 AM
05/30/11 04:54 AM
Spring, Texas
Trigger Offline
Glider Addict
Trigger  Offline
Glider Addict

Spring, Texas
OK, so then Martin's is starting to send out a warning to their customers. That is wonderful news.
I know it's still very frustrating for all the owners with sick babies and those who have lost their babies but that makes 2 companies getting the word out so maybe soon we will get all the problem cages out of use.

Skittles, Snupi, Snuki, Lucy, Shanu, Caspian, Ivy, Kalysta, Kaliya, Santee, Cheyenne, Apache, Comanche, Twirpy, Meribelle, Santeria, Shyamalan, Sebastian, Zoey, Naira & Katsu
www.jensfuzzyfriends.com
Re: Update on Cages and Recall - PART TWO [Re: Trigger] #1121167
05/30/11 08:25 AM
05/30/11 08:25 AM
Washington D.C. Metro Area
DCMuffin Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
DCMuffin  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Originally Posted By: Trigger
Aimee to my knowledge Pocket Pets has sent emails to all their customers that they have contact info for. They started this by the day I posted the original info regarding the recall here on GC.
I am certain Peggy is in bed by now but I will ask her first thing tommorow to address this.

I do know that most PP customers I have heard from did receive the email although some weren't real happy with things happening, they were made aware and offered replacement cages and in some cases even gliders as sad as it is.

Thanks, Jennifer...I know that (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets keeps those records so I was hoping this was the case instead of them just waiting for people to make contact with them to let them know their gliders were sick or gone. frown Now, if we could get Martin's to be this proactive - I'll be a happy camper.

Re: Update on Cages and Recall - PART TWO [Re: Trigger] #1121168
05/30/11 08:26 AM
05/30/11 08:26 AM
DCMuffin Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
DCMuffin  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Originally Posted By: Rocky_D
Without knowing that we lost Taz, the email from Martins said to remove the gliders from the cage if they become ill. We have not returned an email to them yet, we are really upset with the situation and the chance we unknowingly took when we put Rocky back in the Martins cage.
OK, so then Martin's is starting to send out a warning to their customers. That is wonderful news.
I know it's still very frustrating for all the owners with sick babies and those who have lost their babies but that makes 2 companies getting the word out so maybe soon we will get all the problem cages out of use.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that Martin's is proactively sending out emails to everyone. I know that Diana will turn around and return an email and yes, they are telling people in those emails, to take gliders out of the cages...but I don't think they've actually sent anything out on their own dunno

Re: Update on Cages and Recall - PART TWO [Re: Gizmogirl] #1121183
05/30/11 09:48 AM
05/30/11 09:48 AM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
Quote:
Does anyone know what tests are being run? Being in the profession that I am in, I have analytical testing run all the time. The time frame of these results are a bit odd, but that could all depend on the analytes being tested for. Some take quite a while and others are fairly quick. Or, is it that the results are in, but the findings and conclusions have not been determined yet?

There are a slew of tests being done right now. For the most part, the things that they are testing for is not coming back with any answers. It could *possibly* be a spray that is used on the wire, be it organic or chemical, however, unless you know the exact thing you are testing for you may never find it. They are running through every possible thing that comes to mind. Every time I see someone post a new *thought* believe me, it gets sent over and if it IS truly a thing that needs to be looked at and tested for, it is. But folks need to remember, we may never know what it is.

Quote:
At least with the galvanized wire, possible uti's can be treated and the risk is known.

Teresa, ANYTHING including the pvc coated, powder coated, epoxy coated cages or even your play tent can cause a glider to get a UTI. That is not the fear with galvanized. Zinc toxicity is the fear with that. As gliders will chew or bite the cages (they do have scent glands in their mouths as well) and if any amount of zinc in ingested, you will have a huge, possible fatal, bad outcome.

Quote:
I just spoke this evening with a woman who lives nearby. Approximately one month ago, she purchased a glider from (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets. A couple of weeks ago, her glider began having tremors, she wouldn't eat and had become lethargic and dehydrated. Her vet thought it was a calcium deficiency, as we have seen in the past. She knew nothing about the cage issues going on.

Aimee, please tell this person to send or call (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets. Letters were indeed sent out to all their customers that they have on file that has a high chance of being affected by this. There are some that have not gotten emails do to a glitch in their email program. But if she contacts them, they will deal with it. If she has an issue getting them to respond, let me know.

As for Martins Cages.... Well, lets just say I am beyond disappointed. There are a few folks here in this post that know that I talked to Diana personally from Martins last week. For a while they thought it was limited to just the *majestic cages* and they had only sold 19 of those since January. When I told her it was not just the Majestic cages and asked for the amount of cages in total they sold for sugar gliders the amount was 70!! That is a lot of gliders in Martins cages that have NOT been notified.

Diana and I talked for quite some time. By the end of the conversation she had told me that she would send me over a write up stating that yes they would replace or refund all of the cages that were affected ONCE they knew they were dealing with safe wire again. Made sense that she would not want to send out bad wire to replace bad wire. She also stated they may do away with the PVC coated wire altogether and just go with a powder coated wire. Bottom line is I NEVER received that email she promised me.

As they have it written right now, I have to say is a very smart business move. They are saying to folks that IF the wire is tested and it comes back proving that the wire was indeed the cause of problems they will issue a refund or replace the cage. They KNOW that the chance of that *proof* may never be discovered. And what really throw a monkey wrench into the whole thing, is we did find out that Martins and (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets do use two DIFFERENT cage manufacturing plants. However, both are in the same state as each other.

Also, as to date, Martins has NOT come forward with the group that is currently working on this and offered to help with the cost of testing on the wire. So now that we know that Martins does not even get their wire from the same place, testing had to start up on that wire as well. And I would just like to say that testing HAS started on that wire (and yes, it is (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets funding that testing) because the cause is wanting to be found on what is doing this and to try to prevent it from happening again. I have to say I do understand that Martins is just a Mom and Pop shop and they probably cant afford as much as (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets, however, they can at least be more proactive in my eyes.

It angers me when someone promises me something and doesnt follow through. The couple people I talked to right after I talked to Diana can tell you, I was very happy in thinking that Martins WAS going to do the right thing, just to find out differently.

She tried to tell me that they had just heard about the first case of it a couple weeks ago....I said no, I would disagree with you there, as I and Dr.Tristan were helping the first person affected in Feb and that person called you. She then named that first person by her FIRST name and said ******?? I said yes.... and she said they got the wire sample from her and they did refund her money because the cage wire DID smell really bad.... and that was the end of the issue for them until recently.... WHY did they not contact the manufacturing plant and say hey, why does this wire smell like this???

Anyway, fingers can be pointed all day long but it isnt going to change the way things are right now as far as testing is going. So, as I find things out, I am trying to get the word out there (Trigger, thanks for helping me do that). Right now, I hate to say, we are pretty much waiting for even more tests to go on...

Until it is found out, IF it is found out, I am just recommending everyone to get Powder Coated or Epoxy Coated cages and to leave the PVC coating alone.

Peggy
Critter Love
Critter Love� Diet Center

If you want to know what a person is like, watch how he treats others.

You'll never know what the outcome is if you don't step up and try.

Re: Update on Cages and Recall - PART TWO [Re: Gizmogirl] #1121193
05/30/11 10:24 AM
05/30/11 10:24 AM
North Central Ohio
GliderNursery Offline
Tech Admn
GliderNursery  Offline
Tech Admn

North Central Ohio
Quote:
as to date, Martins has NOT come forward with the group that is currently working on this and offered to help with the cost of testing on the wire.

Again, I feel this is why the MANUFACTURERS should be notified. It's not Martins responsibility to conduct these tests, nor pay for them. I know its not PPPs responsibility either, but thankfully they are doing something!

How contact is made to their clients is another issue. Customer service is vital to every business. But, lets look at this from their perspective. If a laboratory cannot find anything wrong with this wire with testing that has been done to date, why would Martin's contact all of their customers and warn them? There's no proof yet. Just a thought.

It has now been stated that (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets and Martins purchased their wire from 2 different manufacturers. If there are only two, then all the wire is affected?

Shelly

Don't sacrifice quality information for convenient information.

Glider Nursery

Sugar Glider Foundation

Re: Update on Cages and Recall - PART TWO [Re: Srlb] #1121196
05/30/11 10:47 AM
05/30/11 10:47 AM
DCMuffin Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
DCMuffin  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Originally Posted By: Srlb
Quote:
I just spoke this evening with a woman who lives nearby. Approximately one month ago, she purchased a glider from (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets. A couple of weeks ago, her glider began having tremors, she wouldn't eat and had become lethargic and dehydrated. Her vet thought it was a calcium deficiency, as we have seen in the past. She knew nothing about the cage issues going on.

Aimee, please tell this person to send or call PPP. Letters were indeed sent out to all their customers that they have on file that has a high chance of being affected by this. There are some that have not gotten emails do to a glitch in their email program. But if she contacts them, they will deal with it. If she has an issue getting them to respond, let me know.

I did tell her to call (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets, Peggy...and she was going to do so immediately. I also spoke with her at length about getting her remaining glider OUT of that cage, along with alternatives. I offered to help in that respect in any way I could. I really do believe she'll do something as quickly as possible as it was apparent she cares very much for her little boy and is distraught at watching her other glider suffer and eventually die. frown

Re: Update on Cages and Recall - PART TWO [Re: Gizmogirl] #1121214
05/30/11 11:25 AM
05/30/11 11:25 AM
80 acres of paradise in KS
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Peggy, I am aware of the issues with zink. I was just trying to make a point. Sorry you missed it. (I do not have my gliders in galvanized cages nor do I intend to put them in one). It is called irony.

I do want to say again, I'm surprised but I am impressed (for once) with PP and all they are doing to help figure out this wire mess and the steps they are taking to try to make things right for the gliders and owners effected by this.

Another question.

Has Custom Cage Works/Steve Larkin (Tropical Attitude Pets or whatever they are calling themselves now) aware of this and are they taking any steps forward with this? They use the same type of cages and sell a very large number of gliders at home shows too. Lots of people from them never make it on the boards either.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: Update on Cages and Recall - PART TWO [Re: Gizmogirl] #1121224
05/30/11 12:00 PM
05/30/11 12:00 PM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
Quote:
It has now been stated that (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets and Martins purchased their wire from 2 different manufacturers. If there are only two, then all the wire is affected?

This now makes three manufacturing companies being used Shelley. Nobody in this situation was even aware of the company that Martins uses.

Quote:
But, lets look at this from their perspective. If a laboratory cannot find anything wrong with this wire with testing that has been done to date, why would Martin's contact all of their customers and warn them? There's no proof yet. Just a thought.

The same reason (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets did. To NOT take the chance that it COULD be the cages since that is the ONLY commonality so far associated with all the gliders that have been affected. Better to be safe than sorry in this instance, especially since MANY glider owners had either purchased a cage from Martins or ordered wire through them and built their own.

Aimee, let me know if there is anything I can do to help. You know I am just a phone call away.

Quote:
Has Custom Cage Works/Steve Larkin (Tropical Attitude Pets or whatever they are calling themselves now) aware of this and are they taking any steps forward with this? They use the same type of cages and sell a very large number of gliders at home shows too. Lots of people from them never make it on the boards either.

Teresa, as to date there have been no reported cases from customers of theirs. We do believe it has something to do with the area that the wire was purchased from. It definitely seems to be a thing located at the NorthEast region, with a handful in other areas. Those not along the NorthEast area are those who purchased cages/wire from Martins. At *this time* there is no reason to believe that the above are included in this. Lets pray that it stays that way and doesnt become a larger mess.

I can not answer one way or the other if they have been contacted about it though.

Peggy
Critter Love

Re: Update on Cages and Recall - PART TWO [Re: Srlb] #1121225
05/30/11 12:04 PM
05/30/11 12:04 PM
DCMuffin Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
DCMuffin  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Aimee, let me know if there is anything I can do to help. You know I am just a phone call away.

I do know. smile Absolutely...I'll let you know.

Quote:

This now makes three manufacturing companies being used Shelley. Nobody in this situation was even aware of the company that Martins uses.

Quote:
But, lets look at this from their perspective. If a laboratory cannot find anything wrong with this wire with testing that has been done to date, why would Martin's contact all of their customers and warn them? There's no proof yet. Just a thought.

The same reason (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets did. To NOT take the chance that it COULD be the cages since that is the ONLY commonality so far associated with all the gliders that have been affected. Better to be safe than sorry in this instance, especially since MANY glider owners had either purchased a cage from Martins or ordered wire through them and built their own.

Quote:

Teresa, as to date there have been no reported cases from customers of theirs.

I will say that Tropical Attitude was NOT at the Pet Expo this year, as they normally are, which means that at least in our little neck of the woods, they wouldn't have sold any of the bad cages. dunno

Re: Update on Cages and Recall - PART TWO [Re: Gizmogirl] #1121228
05/30/11 12:07 PM
05/30/11 12:07 PM
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

With Steve Larkin selling in the KC area, I get calls from his "victims" often and I just hope that the cages don't become yet another problem for the gliders he is selling.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

Re: Update on Cages and Recall - PART TWO [Re: DCMuffin] #1121270
05/30/11 01:34 PM
05/30/11 01:34 PM
North Little Rock, AR
Rocky_D Offline
In Pouch
Rocky_D  Offline
In Pouch

North Little Rock, AR
Mine was not a 'proactive' email but, a response to my 'out of stock' inquiry.

Originally Posted By: DCMuffin
Originally Posted By: Rocky_D

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that Martin's is proactively sending out emails to everyone. I know that Diana will turn around and return an email and yes, they are telling people in those emails, to take gliders out of the cages...but I don't think they've actually sent anything out on their own dunno

Bob n Glenda

:grey: Rocky D

:rbridge: Taz
Re: Update on Cages and Recall - PART TWO [Re: Gizmogirl] #1121278
05/30/11 01:52 PM
05/30/11 01:52 PM
Spring, Texas
Trigger Offline
Glider Addict
Trigger  Offline
Glider Addict

Spring, Texas
Well that really stinks, I wish they would try to at least let their customers know of a possible problem because I know they have got to have many that are not on the boards and aren't going to find out.

Babies lives will be lost when a simple email could get them help in time.
I am going to leave my opinion there because if I said what I really think about it I would certainly get a "vacation"

www.jensfuzzyfriends.com
Re: Update on Cages and Recall - PART TWO [Re: Gizmogirl] #1121280
05/30/11 01:53 PM
05/30/11 01:53 PM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
Originally Posted By: GliderNursery
If nobody is willing to name the manufacturer and/or contact the distributors, how are they to ever do anything or issue any recalls?

Originally Posted By: Dancing
I also think it is just nuts (not my first choice for words) that at this point, it is being kept as hush hush as it still is.

How many gliders are going to die before we are allowed to go to the manufacturer?

Alden
"Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored." Alice Walker

Mom to Valhalla; 6 cats; 1 macaw; 2 hedgehogs;
and very many great gliders!

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Kyrie, nothing will ever fill the hole you left in my heart.
Re: Update on Cages and Recall - PART TWO [Re: Gizmogirl] #1121288
05/30/11 02:10 PM
05/30/11 02:10 PM
san antonio tx
valerie Offline
Joey Member
valerie  Offline
Joey Member

san antonio tx
i think we need solid proof before we can go to them so there is less chance of a cover up....that being said i am one of the people who lost a glider and i sure hope we can get he proof and nail them

Re: Update on Cages and Recall - PART TWO [Re: valerie] #1121410
05/30/11 09:24 PM
05/30/11 09:24 PM
North Central Ohio
GliderNursery Offline
Tech Admn
GliderNursery  Offline
Tech Admn

North Central Ohio
Originally Posted By: ValkyrieMome
If nobody is willing to name the manufacturer and/or contact the distributors, how are they to ever do anything or issue any recalls?

Originally Posted By: Dancing
I also think it is just nuts (not my first choice for words) that at this point, it is being kept as hush hush as it still is.

How many gliders are going to die before we are allowed to go to the manufacturer?

Originally Posted By: valerie
i think we need solid proof before we can go to them so there is less chance of a cover up....that being said i am one of the people who lost a glider and i sure hope we can get he proof and nail them

And continue letting gliders get sick and die in the meantime??

If they want to cover anything up, they will regardless. Not telling them is allowing the alleged bad material to continue going into the market. Nothing we do is going to stop a potential cover-up. Not every company is dishonest, they may be just as appalled as we are that their product may be causing these issues and destroy what is left in stock, if any. So, might as well contact them so the bad stuff stops being sold now. As of right now, I can still go to my supplier and order the wire! And...I don't even know if they have the "good or bad" stuff.

So, what good are we doing the gliders by sitting by and not saying anything to them? shakehead

Shelly

Glider Nursery

Sugar Glider Foundation

Re: Update on Cages and Recall - PART TWO [Re: GliderNursery] #1121414
05/30/11 09:36 PM
05/30/11 09:36 PM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
You know, just because WE dont know who the manufacturing companies are and just because WE were asked not to go to them and start in on them, because lets face it that is what this community does when names and contacts are posted, does not mean the Manufacturing Companies in *question* have not been contacted by those who are in charge of the testing.

WE were asked not to go running to them and screaming at them without proof.... that is all.... it wasnt said they were not going to be contacted at all, so isnt all of that just speculation on our part?

We, as a whole, have to remember, just because *we* dont know *every detail* to things that take place, doesnt mean it is being done wrong.

Lets just leave it to those who are doing it and we will act on things as we get information accordingly.

Peggy
Critter Love

Re: Update on Cages and Recall - PART TWO [Re: Gizmogirl] #1121421
05/30/11 09:58 PM
05/30/11 09:58 PM
North Central Ohio
GliderNursery Offline
Tech Admn
GliderNursery  Offline
Tech Admn

North Central Ohio
Speculation like that wouldn't occur if WE had been notified that those conducting the tests were/are in contact with the manufacturers in question. If that was ever said, then I'll apologize now, but I didn't see it.

You are right, they don't need all of us contacting them at all. That wouldn't do any good either, and not what I meant about them being notified.

All I've seen is speculation that its the wire and no one wants to mention or say anything to the MFG due to fear of a cover up and the wire being re-introduced into the market in the future.

Are those that are in charge of the testing in contact with the manufacturers?

Shelly

Glider Nursery

Sugar Glider Foundation

Re: Update on Cages and Recall - PART TWO [Re: Gizmogirl] #1121478
05/31/11 12:18 AM
05/31/11 12:18 AM

R
RememberingCocoa
Unregistered
RememberingCocoa
Unregistered
R

What really ticks me off about all this is that some of these companies knew that something was up much earlier then they starting releasing emails to get your gliders out.
I personally emailed and spoke with Adam Wayne from PP weeks prior to Cocoa's passing, trying to see if they could help me. I told him my vet said she was going to die and wanted to put her down (which I refused).
He asked me to keep him up to date on things and I did. On may 14th she passed and not even a whole week later I got the crushing email about the wide spread illnesses and cage recall, from him! Stating to remove my glider right away and she would get better.
I understand that was a genaric email sent to many customers and generalized it.
But my point is this, I know [censored] well he could have told me to take her out sooner but he didn't. Just because he didn't want to let he cat out of the bag too soon.
She could have survived this, but instead she suffered and died.
Don't get me wrong, I am thankful they are stepping up to the plate. I have a new cage already and have been promised a new glider asap, along with a $50 credit at their online store (an attempt to compensate for vet bills). But I LOVE and miss Cocoa. I am afraid this new glider will not have as great of a personality and temperament.

Re: Update on Cages and Recall - PART TWO [Re: Gizmogirl] #1121499
05/31/11 12:50 AM
05/31/11 12:50 AM
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Ok, here's a thought...

Why are we leaving it up to PP and Martins to make the decisions about going to the manufacture? I'm betting some basic research would lead to the companies making this wire. Things like this are not impossible to find out. Might take a bit of time however, not impossible.

We haven't even heard here on GC from PP or Martin's other than through their mouth peices, Bourbon and Peggy. I can easily decide not to go through with the purchase I wanted to make...it isn't an urgent need for me and I've been blessed to not have any of my gliders get ill. But I am not comfortable with the way things have and are progressing. And I'm surprised that those most often posting in this thread are comfortable with PP and Martins making the decisions about all this.

620-704-9109

Re: Update on Cages and Recall - PART TWO [Re: Gizmogirl] #1121552
05/31/11 03:11 AM
05/31/11 03:11 AM
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

If the company also supplies to Klubertanz, then the company in question is either Riverdale or Sheppard.

Riverdale Mills Corporation
Tel: 800.762.6374 • Outside USA 508.234.8400 • Fax: 508.234.9593
130 Riverdale Street • P.O. Box 200 • Northbridge, MA 01534
http://www.riverdale.com/

C. E. Shepherd Company
2221 Canada Dry St. Houston, Texas 77023, U.S.A.
Office / Sales: (713) 924-4300 — Fax: (713) 928-2324
http://www.ceshepherd.com

620-704-9109

Re: Update on Cages and Recall - PART TWO [Re: Gizmogirl] #1121615
05/31/11 07:41 AM
05/31/11 07:41 AM
DCMuffin Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
DCMuffin  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

T....I know it's written in here somewhere, but Martin's used another manufacturer, different from the two you mentioned above...which kind of threw a wrench into things. They have apparently not received wire from Riverdale since 2009 and have been using another company instead. That's from my conversation with Diana. Beyond that, they aren't saying much dunno

Re: Update on Cages and Recall - PART TWO [Re: Gizmogirl] #1121617
05/31/11 08:03 AM
05/31/11 08:03 AM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
Quote:
Why are we leaving it up to PP and Martins to make the decisions about going to the manufacture? I'm betting some basic research would lead to the companies making this wire.

First of all, it is NOT (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets and Martins *making decisions*, there are SO MANY folks involved in this and honestly, the ONLY thing (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets has to do with this is he is shelling out the money for the testing.

Quote:
We haven't even heard here on GC from PP or Martin's other than through their mouth peices, Bourbon and Peggy.

Secondly, NO I am NOT being a *mouthpiece* for (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets or Martins I am trying to help the COMMUNITY by getting information out to the ONES AFFECTED by this tragedy.

And last but very much NOT least....

RememberingCocoa, I am so sorry for your loss, but honestly the cause of what was going on wasnt pegged down to the high possibility of the cages at the time you talked with Adam.

Peggy
Critter Love

Re: Update on Cages and Recall - PART TWO [Re: Gizmogirl] #1121645
05/31/11 10:08 AM
05/31/11 10:08 AM
Northeast U.S.
angelic4296 Offline
Glider Addict
angelic4296  Offline
Glider Addict

Northeast U.S.
Wow, I was half an inch away from ordering 16 and 14 gauge wire to build one of Nancy's cages with from Riverdale (I love Nancy's cages and when this is all sorted out, plan to make one still, who knows if I'll use Riverdale or not). Thank you HollyAnger for bringing this information forward, it is MUCH appreciated that it is FINALLY out there....

My prayers continue to be with everyone who was affected....

Jess

2 spoiled gliders, Gizzy (6/05) and Ruthie (?/05) <3

Please consider rescuing first!

Please remember to complete your surveys at http://www.sugargroup.org/ - help better the lives of gliders everywhere smile
Re: Update on Cages and Recall - PART TWO [Re: Gizmogirl] #1121705
05/31/11 12:43 PM
05/31/11 12:43 PM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
Quote:
I heard from PP on Saturday morning. The name of the company responsible for the wire is called Riverdale.

Riverdale is not the only company with this wire issue and it has not been *proven* as of to date.

Peggy
Critter Love

Re: Update on Cages and Recall - PART TWO [Re: GliderNursery] #1121716
05/31/11 01:02 PM
05/31/11 01:02 PM
North Central Ohio
GliderNursery Offline
Tech Admn
GliderNursery  Offline
Tech Admn

North Central Ohio
Are those that are in charge of the testing in contact with the manufacturers?

Shelly

Glider Nursery

Sugar Glider Foundation

Re: Update on Cages and Recall - PART TWO [Re: Gizmogirl] #1121750
05/31/11 02:21 PM
05/31/11 02:21 PM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
Holly - for "encouraging news" please take comfort in the fact that gliders begin to improve once they are removed from the affected cages. I pray that you got her out in time. Unfortunately only time will tell. I know that she has already begun to improve.

WE were asked not to go running to them and screaming at them without proof.... that is all.... it wasnt said they were not going to be contacted at all, so isnt all of that just speculation on our part?

Asked by whom? By (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets? The SAME (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets that asked a New England vet to "keep it quiet so as not to start a panic" when sugar gliders were dying, and they KNEW it was the cage? I'm not sure how many other vets were "asked" to "keep it quiet." (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets seems to be pretty keen on "keeping things quiet" except for messages they want to relay through Peggy.

Alden
"Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored." Alice Walker

Mom to Valhalla; 6 cats; 1 macaw; 2 hedgehogs;
and very many great gliders!

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Kyrie, nothing will ever fill the hole you left in my heart.
Re: Update on Cages and Recall - PART TWO [Re: ] #1121752
05/31/11 02:28 PM
05/31/11 02:28 PM
Central Connecticut
BCChins Offline
Glider Addict
BCChins  Offline
Glider Addict

Central Connecticut
Originally Posted By: HollyAnger
My Penelope has been on b12 injections and fluids for for days now. The seizures have stopped but she is very lethargic. Second vet visit tonight. Is this familiar to anyone else that has a survivor? I just want to hear some encouraging newsfrom anyone else. A "replacement"like I was offered is not what I want.

You have a private message flashing envelope at the top of the page.

Have a Good Day
Brenda &
Mr. Magoo

Friendly Reminder please have an e-collar ready before you need it......
Re: Update on Cages and Recall - PART TWO [Re: Gizmogirl] #1121879
05/31/11 05:45 PM
05/31/11 05:45 PM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
I hope this post does not get lost in this thread.

Martin's uses coated wire for other cages that they make, I for one can't believe that other pet owners, such as rats, rabbits, chinchillas...... have not experience the same symptoms that we are seeing in sugar gliders.

If this wire was contaminated by a pesticide, herbicide, chemical fertilizer or other chemical I for one would think that it would also produce neurological issues in other small animals.

Maybe at this time those pet owners haven't put two and two together or maybe they do not have the family network like we sugar gliders slaves have.

JMO

Kimberley
Feathers-Sweetie, Mister Peanut & Big Mack
Fur-Guinan, Mr. Spock, T'Mir, Cho, Toothless, Maverick & Maharet :bb: T'Pol, Elizabeth & Curzon :wfb: TY, TJ, Light Fury, Madison & T'Pring :rtmo:
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker, Khayman and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 155 guests, and 86 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,547 TEXAS
679,062 OHIO
487,124 OKLAHOMA
432,131 UTAH
321,659 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024