Join Us On Facebook
|
|
|
Weaning question
#1109051
05/04/11 08:09 PM
05/04/11 08:09 PM
|
LilLar
Unregistered
|
LilLar
Unregistered
|
At what age should our joey start eating normal food? Bindi will be 5 weeks oop tomorrow and I haven't caught her nursing as much as we used to when she was younger. Sometimes we could look in the pouch and see her nursing on Kiah but now whenever we look in the pouch they are just snuggled up sleeping together. She appears to be healthy, she is definitely getting bigger, isn't dehydrated or anything. She is even starting to do little jumps from our hands to the cage wall but whenever we offer her some of the treats like fruit or raisins she isn't interested at all in them.
I'm just curious when we should expect to see her out eating with Kiah..I don't want something to happen if she should be eating on her own now and isn't getting the nutrients that she needs.
|
|
|
Re: Weaning question
[Re: ]
#1109097
05/04/11 10:10 PM
05/04/11 10:10 PM
|
Megs
Unregistered
|
Megs
Unregistered
|
Gliders wean themselves, though with what experience with joeys I DO have, they start around 5 weeks to experiment with the parents' food. Between 8-12 weeks they've completely weaned themselves.
If I'm wrong, somebody please correct me.
|
|
|
|
Please click above to see how you can help!!
|
|
|
0 registered members (),
13,675
guests, and 1,436
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
Owner,
Admin
|
|
|
Forums132
Topics10,425
Posts159,386
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,410
| |
Most Online48,678 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
This site was tested and is best
viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox
Download your copy today!!!
|
|
|