Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1079008
02/28/11 11:01 PM
02/28/11 11:01 PM
NC, USA
xoerikae Offline
Glider Slave
xoerikae  Offline
Glider Slave

NC, USA
Then again - this will sound off, but still - I would rather Virgil make a couple extra dollars and those poor bebbies get something better then pellets.
I'm happy that she's testing it to this length. As far as I know, no one else has yet. She started selling right about the same time the other diets did - BUT she wants to continue and do FURTHER trials PAST what the diets we feed now have done.

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: hwh4ev] #1079014
02/28/11 11:13 PM
02/28/11 11:13 PM
WA
Dee Offline
Joey Member
Dee  Offline
Joey Member

WA
Originally Posted By: hwh4ev
i would of tried this diet but for one very important
reason i will not touch it.
bht and bha are both carcinogenic and the state of ca has it listed as a carcinogenic. these preservatives cause cancer folks, you want to feed this to your pets?
both bha and bht are being taken out of our foods because
of the cancer risk.

if another safe preservative could be used i and many others
would prob. try it.

i will stick with the suncoast diet.

regards,
nancy in detroit

I am not sure if you guys are aware of this....What the 5% labelling loophole says

If the amount of an ingredient in a food is less than 5% of the food (such as 4.5 per cent sunflower oil added to soymilk), a food additive (such as antioxidant TBHQ, 319) in that ingredient does not have to be included in the ingredients list on the label unless the food additive is performing a technological function in the final food. Who decides is the additive is performing a technological function? The food manufacturers. What if consumption of the unlisted food additive can affect consumers? Too bad.

I have also found that if a manufacture of the food items and such has ingredients shipped them to include in the total production of kibble pellet whatever. The said shipped ingredient may have it in there but the new manufacturer does not have to claim it.

Also when I was concerned about this myself I was informed the FDA actually does not over see animal food.

Last edited by Dee; 02/28/11 11:19 PM.

Dee

Wife for 17 years
Mom to two awesome boys two pitbull mixes Allie & Bailey
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1079019
02/28/11 11:25 PM
02/28/11 11:25 PM
Florida
T
Teresa56 Offline
Glider Lover
Teresa56  Offline
Glider Lover
T

Florida
Is there any other glider diet out there that is on the "recommended diet" list that has any kind of studies behind them? When you add baby food, apple juice, yogurt, chicken etc to make a diet do you care where the chicken was raised and under what conditions? Do we assume that if baby food is good for babies it is good for gliders too? Where are the studies to support any of these diets are any better or any worse than the HPW Plus or HPW Complete? Has anyone ever asked where the powder that is imported from Australia is manufactured or who funded the studies behind it? It is hard for me as a new glider owner to understand all this drama over 2 new products hitting the market. Like anything else, you buy it or you don't. If I want to feed it to my gliders it is no different than the decision I make to let my cats and gliders together via tent time. They are my animals and they are my responsibility so the decisions I make are not for you to judge.Be happy someone is trying to do some good and took the first step towards getting a product made here in America.My babies love the HPW Plus and I am happy to support Peggy and her products.

Mom to JayP
Owned by 2 :kitty:

Slave to 2 colonies
Colony #1= Trio
Skeeter :grey: and MissHarmony :wfb: and Miss Sanora :wfb:

Colony # 2 pair
Flora :rtmo: and her huney Freddy :grey:

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1079020
02/28/11 11:27 PM
02/28/11 11:27 PM
Kansas City, MO
Laurens_Babies Offline
Glider Addict
Laurens_Babies  Offline
Glider Addict

Kansas City, MO
Actually it does Dee, it over see's animal food and livestock feed. It doesn't HAVE to by a rule of anyone who manufactures animal food but yes it does over see it and I personally would like to know what guarantee's are given to insure that this is safe?

~Lauren

Lauren's Animal Kingdom
*Website is down temporarily should be back up by November!*
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Dee] #1079034
03/01/11 12:16 AM
03/01/11 12:16 AM
Missouri
tammyangel Offline
Glider Slave
tammyangel  Offline
Glider Slave

Missouri
Also when I was concerned about this myself I was informed the FDA actually does not over see animal food.

Actually the FDA does over see animal food coming into the usa. I know this from having wombaroo shipped into the usa. It is actually over seen by both countries the originating one and the one recieving it.

Having Faith and Hope that some day soon.That all the world will come to see that all of gods babies deserve love and affection.

gangel My little three precious angels :rbridge:

http://suggieshack.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=login

Mom to some really spoiled little ones.

:rtmo:
:leu:
:grey:

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1079035
03/01/11 12:18 AM
03/01/11 12:18 AM
roseville, mi
H
hwh4ev Offline
Glider Addict
hwh4ev  Offline
Glider Addict
H

roseville, mi
i do care where the chickens and all the food my family and
animals eat. the preservatives and the chemicals that are in our foods for babies up to adults has caused an increase in all kinds of diseases in our young children that used to
be adult problems.

so i do care abt. the bht and the bha in this new diet.
so what if it is minuscle so are our gliders.

i say once again can a healthier additive like lecithin be
used? since it is still being studied maybe they can tweak
it a little more.

regards,
organic-nancy in detroit
p.s. the fda? they are a joke.

Last edited by hwh4ev; 03/01/11 12:19 AM.

regards,
nancy in roseville (formerly in detroit)
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1079042
03/01/11 12:29 AM
03/01/11 12:29 AM
WA
Dee Offline
Joey Member
Dee  Offline
Joey Member

WA
Just FYI this is off the FDA site:

Pet food, including dry and canned food and pet treats, is considered to be animal feed. Like other animal feed, FDA regulates pet food and establishes standards for labeling.

Pet food labeling is regulated at two levels: federal and state. The federal regulations, enforced by FDA’s Center for Veterinary Medicine, establish standards that apply to all animal feeds:

proper identification of the product
net quantity statement
manufacturer’s address
proper listing of ingredients
Some states also enforce their own labeling regulations. Many of these follow the model pet food regulations of the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO), a non-government advisory body with representative regulatory officials from all the states. These model regulations are more specific than federal regulations, covering aspects of labeling such as product name, nutritional adequacy statement, feeding directions, and calorie statements.

FDA carries out its animal feed regulatory responsibilities in cooperation with state and local partners, and works together with AAFCO on uniform feed ingredient definitions and proper labeling.

Dee

Wife for 17 years
Mom to two awesome boys two pitbull mixes Allie & Bailey
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1079045
03/01/11 12:36 AM
03/01/11 12:36 AM
Missouri
tammyangel Offline
Glider Slave
tammyangel  Offline
Glider Slave

Missouri
http://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/Products/AnimalFoodFeeds/PetFood/UCM2006475

This is the fda site on animal food and feeds. They do regulate all things animal and human.

The FDA’s regulation of pet food is similar to that for other animal foods. The Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA) requires that all animal foods, like human foods, be safe to eat, produced under sanitary conditions, contain no harmful substances, and be truthfully labeled. In addition, canned pet foods must be processed in conformance with the low acid canned food regulations to ensure the pet food is free of viable microorganisms, see Title 21 Code of Federal Regulations, Part 113 (21 CFR 113).

Having Faith and Hope that some day soon.That all the world will come to see that all of gods babies deserve love and affection.

gangel My little three precious angels :rbridge:

http://suggieshack.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=login

Mom to some really spoiled little ones.

:rtmo:
:leu:
:grey:

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1079046
03/01/11 12:37 AM
03/01/11 12:37 AM

N
NGS
Unregistered
NGS
Unregistered
N

Dog and Cat food company's are required by law now to put the chemicals they use on the labels. That law was passed last year or the year before. BHA also know as Butylated Hydroxyanisole, BHT also known as Butylated Hydroxytoluene and Ethoxyquin are used in Cheaper dog and cat food company's. Holistic dog and cat food company's do not use any of these chemicals in their food.

You can do a search online about these chemicals. Just type in What are BHA, BHT, and Ethoxyquin? You can also call places to get more info and make a decision for yourself weather you are comfortable with these chemicals.

It is true that these chemicals are used in people food too. I read labels all the time due to this and the fact that I have a daughter with food allergies. Most of all my label knowledge came from my daughters food problems. I had to spend countless hours researching food for her and what she could eat that would not hurt her. Labels is one thing I know. The first 3 to 5 ingredients listed is what the product is mostly made up of. I am not starting anything here just wanting to clarify that the better dog and cat food company's do not use these chemicals because they too know how bad they can be. Just like with people food, that is why we have organic company's out there now, cause no one wants to eat the bad if they can help it.

(I have already spoken with Peggy and know that she is on top of this, and I am still a fan of hers smile )

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1079049
03/01/11 12:40 AM
03/01/11 12:40 AM
Kansas City, MO
Laurens_Babies Offline
Glider Addict
Laurens_Babies  Offline
Glider Addict

Kansas City, MO
I really didn't care so much about "fda" as I did just having some answer on what insures that this food is safe?

~Lauren

Lauren's Animal Kingdom
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1079055
03/01/11 12:48 AM
03/01/11 12:48 AM
Long Island, NY
gliderdad79 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
gliderdad79  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Long Island, NY
As I said earlier, if this winds up being the best diet for gliders I am all for it. I am not taking any personal issues against anyone here. I applaud Peggy for putting the work in for diet research that many have not, including myself.

*If* Virgil (and I star the if so people can see I am saying if and not that he is) is the backer and this is the best diet I would suck it up. There are many things produced in this world by orgs that we don't like and we accept it. It's up to the individual to choose what the will or will not spend their money on.

I can only say that *IF* he is, I feel it would be the best move to come forward and be up font now about it, cause if not it could blow up down the road leaving a bad taste in peoples mouths and many may feel used and that things weren't honest and up front.

Enough about that though, and thats all I have to say about that.

I don't read or go to other boards so I have not seen all the answers, but it seems that the pitch being given about this diet is that it's been research and data has been collected, yet it hasn't been made public. 99% of our current diets have had no true scientific studies done, so we had no data and moved to such diets in hope that we were doing whats best for our gliders.

If I was being told that there is research and data for a diet I would darn sure want to see that data and research up font before I switched since there is some data. Yes the data is not a tell all since it's as of now has only been a short term study (meaning it only has a years worth of data) and as the years progress more will be added to the data.

Now earlier I said 99% of our current diet options don't have and scientific studies done. The other 1% would be the BML diet. Since I have come into the glider community I have seen it asked more times than I can remember for the scientific research and data to be produced, but I have yet to see it. I have only seen Dr. Bruce Ross's charts. So Teresa56, the BML is the only one that has been said to have any type of study to it but I am not the one to answer the results. (edited to say Sun Coast may have data I forget)

I hope all ingredients will be listed, not just whats required by law I can only hope that Peggy a member of the community and glider lover would release all ingredients so it's public knowledge and not just whats required by law. If I was gona put my full faith into this diet I would want to know everything thats in it.

Yes, we don't always know every single thing that goes into our day to day stuff, but that's because those companies are only worried about making $ and could really care less about us. But if we knew all of whats been used it can help ease the minds and questions many may have. Yes certain chemicals and stuff is brushed off because it would take loads of exposure before anything can happen, but thats in humans not animals who weigh in grams.

Again, I am not bashing anyone nor the diet I applaud Peggy for what she has already done and hope that this may start to bridge the gap of the unknowns we have for our gliders diets.

Last edited by gliderdad79; 03/01/11 01:00 AM.

Eddie

In the Tropics somewhere between the port of indecision and southeast of disorder!

"Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people."

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching!
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1079064
03/01/11 01:00 AM
03/01/11 01:00 AM
Kansas City, MO
Laurens_Babies Offline
Glider Addict
Laurens_Babies  Offline
Glider Addict

Kansas City, MO
I agree Eddie fully.. If this ends up being the cats meow GREAT!!! But I think I have a right in knowing whats in the cats meow? Currently I'm feeding a glider that I know every vitamin by measurement in whats going into my gliders. I do the same research with my cats and puppy.

~Lauren

Lauren's Animal Kingdom
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1079120
03/01/11 02:54 AM
03/01/11 02:54 AM
Northeast U.S.
angelic4296 Offline
Glider Addict
angelic4296  Offline
Glider Addict

Northeast U.S.
Again, if you're not satisfied by the number of ingredients being released in the diet, simple, DON'T feed the diet. Stick to whatever diet you're currently feeding and that way you'll be comfortable with it. This is Peggy's product and she is releasing what she feels is neccessary about that product. I for one trust Peggy's ability to have done her research well enough and to have worked with the right people on this that I will be giving the diet a try. However, that's me and what I'm comfortable with. Peggy can release whatever and however much she wants, and those of us who want to try the diet, will. Those of us who don't feel comfortable with the amount of information given, don't have to try the diet. People not being comfortable with not knowing every ingredient don't have to try the diet and can stick with whatever they're presently using.

Jess

2 spoiled gliders, Gizzy (6/05) and Ruthie (?/05) <3

Please consider rescuing first!

Please remember to complete your surveys at http://www.sugargroup.org/ - help better the lives of gliders everywhere smile
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1079127
03/01/11 03:19 AM
03/01/11 03:19 AM
Long Island, NY
gliderdad79 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
gliderdad79  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Long Island, NY
Yes everyone has the choice to either to use or not to use. I don't accept things for being facts or that something is great cause I was only told what is felt as necessary.

Over the years I have seen things being told as fact when in fact it's not. Years ago there was group that did what they were told or what they thought was the right thing cause they didn't ask the questions and every time someone said they heard a new noise from their glider they were immediately told to put the glider in a collar. Most of the time there was no need for the collar from what I was told.

Now I see people say its cruel and such to have one glider cause they been told what someone or a group of people felt was necessary and how things should be, but that is also not always true. People say the bigger the cage the better, why? Cause thats what they been told, but that's not always the case. Ask them why they say that, they will say cause thats what I was told. Each glider reacts differently to the size of cage, how much is in the cage, etc. I have seen were bigger caused just as much stress than smaller.

We have more fictions in the glider world than actual facts, and a lot of that is due to someone or a group of people only telling, showing, or teaching what they feel is necessary and avoiding questions that in many case can be real important.

I for one would never just take a well this is what I feel is necessary for you to know and thats that, otherwise we would all be walking around more brainwashed than we already are.

Eddie

In the Tropics somewhere between the port of indecision and southeast of disorder!

"Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people."

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1079130
03/01/11 04:08 AM
03/01/11 04:08 AM
New Jersey
JillMarie Offline
Serious Glideritis
JillMarie  Offline
Serious Glideritis

New Jersey
Eddie, thumb well said

:grey: Bosom Buddy Creations:grey:
^website link wink

Remember that God Loves You!
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1079133
03/01/11 04:30 AM
03/01/11 04:30 AM

M
Megs
Unregistered
Megs
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted By: meri
it often does matter who funds the research. Studies can be set up in a way to favor a person's interests much like statistics can; plus you have flexibility on what statistics to publish at the end as well.

Ideally this study will be published and peer reviewed. If it is redone by another group with the same results; well; then that gets VERY interesting!

Looking at it, it makes so much more sense to me as to why it matters. I didn't look at it from that aspect. roflmao

Originally Posted By: Bourbon

I hear people screaming that virgil isn't making any changes and diet was one of the issues.. I think peggy should if she hasn't already, approach klunder with a business proposition to feed her diet...so hypothetically, if he feeds peggys diet, isn't that one change everyone was screaming about? what I see is a bunch of people looking for reasons, grabbing straws, as to why not support the diet, advancements, etc.. even pulling in POSSIBLE funders as if it were a wooden spoon, just to stir the pot.

at some point the questions need to be.. what is needed.. i have lots of questions i would like the answers to, but guess what.. it isn't my business. I get the answers I NEED, not always what I want.

This is how I feel. Being as how Peggy and Klunder are closer than we will ever be with him, she has a foot ahead of us in the aspect that she can do just as you said, Bourbon. Approach him with a business offer of sorts. Not only will she benefit financially, but the gliders being sold will be a step closer to the care we all feel they need.

i would of tried this diet but for one very important
reason i will not touch it.
bht and bha are both carcinogenic and the state of ca has it listed as a carcinogenic. these preservatives cause cancer folks, you want to feed this to your pets?
both bha and bht are being taken out of our foods because
of the cancer risk.

if another safe preservative could be used i and many others
would prob. try it.

i will stick with the suncoast diet.

regards,
nancy in detroit

GREAT post Nancy. I agree 100%

Originally Posted By: Laurens_Babies
How long has Peggy tested this out why sell it without naming who's MAKING it, because she wants to do studies first? Well why sell it before the studies are done if its that important.

An email I got not all too long ago from Peggy stated 'I've made some changes but haven't told the community yet. I've been testing the changes, blood tests often on the gliders, for 2 years.'

Hope that answers your question.

Eddie, I pretty much agree. What I myself prefer to hear is something to the effect of' 'how do you know that?' "Well, other than everybody says it... Here's MY experience." smile

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1079136
03/01/11 04:43 AM
03/01/11 04:43 AM
80 acres of paradise in KS
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

80 acres of paradise in KS
Quote:
proper identification of the product
net quantity statement
manufacturer’s address
proper listing of ingredients

I hope she intends to follow the laws about that and I guess all we would have to do is PAY for some in order to learn where it is manufactured.
Quote:

An email I got not all too long ago from Peggy stated 'I've made some changes but haven't told the community yet. I've been testing the changes, blood tests often on the gliders, for 2 years.'

On another board, Peggy stated she has been feeding this for "several months".

I also would like to say...I hope she will include lot numbers or batch numbers, expiration dates and such. following the Jorn Act that Laura Leigh worked so hard on.

Last edited by Dancing; 03/01/11 04:43 AM.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1079166
03/01/11 10:26 AM
03/01/11 10:26 AM
Kansas
queenduck Offline
Serious Glideritis
queenduck  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Kansas
On my way to class today but had to make a quick stop just to add a few words. LOL

First off, I thought Peggy was banned on GC. Is that over, did I miss something? Knowing Peggy like I do, if banned there is no way she'd make an exception and post when asked to post if she doesn't have the freedom to post all the time. BUT I could be wrong. Maybe she isn't banned any longer and she's not posting on GC because she's sworn off GC, like other swear off anything Virgil does, she is known to get [censored] too and swear off something or someone. That's just how she is. I have not talked to her this week so I have no idea. If she isn't posting here I doubt you'll see her posting here, that's just the way she is.

Secondly, I have been using the new HPW plus for several weeks now in two of my cages, feeding the rest of the original wambaroo HPW.

I can not tell you Iv'e seen miricles in those two cages.
I have not. They eat it like they ate the other stuff, they never leave any left over, their coats look fine, their eyes look fine, their personalities have not changed, the other cages are not jealous. LOL. I have seen no change. Which is perfectly fine for me. However, it has only been a few weeks so I am not assuming their might not be changes, there may with time.

I have but do not use the add water only type. I will use it the next time I travel with gliders. It will be more convient than trying to mix HPW in the room, better than traveling with frozen food for several days and better than feeding a hodge podge of baby foods I find at a convient store smile

It looks and feels like the original powder, except the scent of vanilla. It mixes well.

As for fixing the ratio that she wasn't worried about? Well I wasn't worried about the ratios either. To me, HPW was better than anything else out there (FOR ME) and could be tweeked with the type of veggies I feed, so I chose to continue feeding it despite the ratio. So, when Peggy told me she was working on an American producted product I thought it was a good idea, when she later told me she fixed the ratio my thought was... wow, that was a good idea. Never did I think she was uncomfortable with the previous HPW, just that since she was starting from scratch might as well fix something that people are uncomfortable with and that may improve the overall diet for out gliders.

All that said, I would still use the original HPW powder. I just ordered some from Karen Milas last week. I still think it is a great product.

As for funding? Really? I think it's funny to see a few people alluding that if it was backed by Klunder than the will not support it. Really? Some of these same people were willing to work with him at the SGGA, making suggestions and offers. And many of these people said if he would improve one thing they'd be happy. I'm no Klunder fan, not going to send him a Christmas present this year, but I can say I know for a fact that he has changed several things in the last few months that DOES change the life of his gliders and the gliders he cares for... for the better. If he funded this, if Eddie funded this, If I funded this, if Attix Works funded this... I personally don't care. If they have made a good quality product, and I think they have, that is available in AMERICA, great.

I have never liked the fact that my gliders are used to a diet that I can only get from AU, and that they stopped making it for us (the little people) to buy it, that in the past we have had shortages of it, and what the heck am I going to do if for some reason we in America can no longer get it? I am relieved we now have more options.

That is just my non-professional opinion.

Alicia aka Queenduck, Bentley's Nana

We need role models who are going to break the mold ~ Carly Simon
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1079181
03/01/11 11:29 AM
03/01/11 11:29 AM
Northeast U.S.
angelic4296 Offline
Glider Addict
angelic4296  Offline
Glider Addict

Northeast U.S.
Well said, Alicia smile....as always!

Jess

2 spoiled gliders, Gizzy (6/05) and Ruthie (?/05) <3

Please consider rescuing first!

Please remember to complete your surveys at http://www.sugargroup.org/ - help better the lives of gliders everywhere smile
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: angelic4296] #1079192
03/01/11 12:06 PM
03/01/11 12:06 PM
Big Sandy TN
Sherri Offline
Glider Addict
Sherri  Offline
Glider Addict

Big Sandy TN
clap

sherri

Forever home to a wide variety of animals, domestic, farm and exotic.
My passion is my little suggie sweethearts! 731-441-9814

http://www.newbysglidernook.com/index.html
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: hwh4ev] #1079200
03/01/11 12:45 PM
03/01/11 12:45 PM
Lake Havasu City, AZ
Marsupial_Mayhem Offline
Glider Slave
Marsupial_Mayhem  Offline
Glider Slave

Lake Havasu City, AZ
i do care where the chickens and all the food my family and
animals eat. the preservatives and the chemicals that are in our foods for babies up to adults has caused an increase in all kinds of diseases in our young children that used to
be adult problems.

so i do care abt. the bht and the bha in this new diet.
so what if it is minuscle so are our gliders.

i say once again can a healthier additive like lecithin be
used? since it is still being studied maybe they can tweak
it a little more.

regards,
organic-nancy in detroit
p.s. the fda? they are a joke.
Right. The FDA approves a lot of things that are not good for us (thye are friends of Monsanto), and we just have to know what it is we put in our mouths and the mouths of our gliders. If you don't feel that it's healthy for the animals, do not feed it. If you are worried about it, you have to do the research yourself and not always believe what the FDA tells us.

After the last scare with the Blended, my vet came to my home and found some of my gliders with slight hair loss. One male was worse than the others. It was not enough for me to notice in a short period of time, but he hadn't seen them since November, so it was easier for him to spot. One male had hair loss on his hip a little more which is what I had seen and called on him.

We did the bloodwork later in the week at his office and tests and they came out fine, but it was scary enough for me to go back to the tried and true.

We decided to go back to HPW original since I fed that for over 3 years without an issue. This is what I am comfortable with. I don't think I would change again at this point. It worked before for me, I will stick with it.

Last edited by Marsupial_Mayhem; 03/01/11 12:48 PM.

Danielle G.
USDA Breeder

www.Mylittlesugarglider.com

Slave to Sugar Gliders since 1997

:leu: = Abercrombie

:wfb: = Verbena :rtmo: = Saukura :cream: = Merry Christmas :plat: = Willie Wonka :plat: = Magdalena

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1079272
03/01/11 02:26 PM
03/01/11 02:26 PM
Big Sandy TN
Sherri Offline
Glider Addict
Sherri  Offline
Glider Addict

Big Sandy TN
I work in the food industry for a large fast food chain and I just went and did a quick inventory of the food items that we serve to the public. Not one item says exactly where something is manufactured at. They have manufacturing numbers but not an actual name of where it was made at.

And I have never once had a customer ask me where something was manufactured at. And if they did, all I could tell them was manufacturer #176 or #253 etc..

I dont know where the beans come from to make our chili, nor do I know where the meat comes from that we cook and serve, I dont know where the fries come from and I have no idea where the produce comes from to make our salads.

I know what company it is all distributed by though, but not actually where its manufactured.

sherri

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1079314
03/01/11 03:35 PM
03/01/11 03:35 PM
Florida
LabNGliderMom Offline
Glider Addict
LabNGliderMom  Offline
Glider Addict

Florida
Okay so look:

If Frito-Lay comes out with a new Doritos flavor, how many of you are going to bad-mouth them on the internet for not leaving the "classic" flavor as the only flavor they ever endorsed?

How many of you will call them/email them demanding to know where the new chips are manufactured?

How many will talk badly about the company to their friends and swear off Frito-Lay products forever based on the assumption that someone you may never have even met but just "don't like" on principal "may" have funded the research that says the new flavor is good tasting and the ingredients are safe?

Or even call/email the company demanding to know who paid to research & manufacture the new chips because in *your opinion* Frito-Lay could not possibly have done it themselves?

How many will call for others to boycott Frito-Lay products because you don't like that they called them "Cool Ranch Doritos" - after all - "Doritos" are nacho cheese flavored - not "Cool Ranch" flavored, right? So how many of you will demand they change the name of their product "just because you say so"?

Now - how many of you will go "Hey, look - a new Doritos flavor - I'm going to try it!" And you get yourself a free sample bag or buy a small one - and then you decide if you like it or not, and if you do like it, you buy more and tell people it's great and encourage them to try it, too.... but if you dislike it, you just won't buy anymore, maybe give your personal opinion based on experience and only if asked... but you still get your old favorite Doritos flavor and move on with life because demanding Frito-Lay to change their product to suit you is just plain silly to even consider?

'Nuff said about that. wink

Megs - Peggy posted the email she sent to you on LGG in full - it does NOT say "I have worked on this for 2 years" you are incorrect. It says

QUOTE:
"I have been working on improving the HPW for quite some time now and once the testing phase is over I will share with all my new diet layout. I'm sure some will like it and I'm sure others will hate it. And just like I do now I will never tell someone it is something they *have* to feed as I believe folks should have good options and should be able to make decisions on their own as to what is right for them."
UNQUOTE

Eddie - you are correct: everyone has a choice - what they feed, what boards they frequent, where they get their info, what vet they use - it is ALL on an INDIVIDUAL basis - if you don't like something, don't use it - but don't bash it either... that just isn't fair, nice, or mature.

Which leads me to...

Lauren: nothing in life is a guarantee - Winn-Dixie might choose to offer DelMonte as a canned vegetable - I then choose to but DelMonte canned peas at my local Winn-Dixie to serve for dinner - my family eats it and hates it and I never buy it again or my family loves it but isn't in the mood for it and it goes to waste or my family adores it and I make it a lot - it is ALL based on CHOICE. DelMonte chose what kind of veggie - when to harvest it - who to have manufacture and distribute it and who to sell to - the store chose to carry it and how much to have in stock - I chose to buy it, how to prepare it, and to serve it - my family chose whether or not to eat it - and NEVER was ANY of that a GUARANTEE or something ANYONE was FORCED into ANY step of that process. NO ONE *has* to endorse it, like it, or choose to feed it. But isn't it great that in America ALL steps of the process from deciding something needs to be made all the way to offering it to our gliders in a dish is ALL a matter of PERSONAL CHOICE? smile

And with that, I am officially done - sorry about the length folks - I don't post here much anymore, so sometimes, when I do post, it ends up being kind of long tounge

Julie
Hubby: George
Kids: Ayla & Michael
Grandsons: Trysten, Dayton, KJ & Nathyn
The Zoo: Midnight, Severe & Nala - Claude, Pixie, Tippy & Chili - Scout & Soluna, Theo & Deegie

http://hammockhavenpetsplus.com

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1079320
03/01/11 03:49 PM
03/01/11 03:49 PM

M
Megs
Unregistered
Megs
Unregistered
M

In an email she mentioned 2 years of testing a diet, bloodwork and all. I didn't give a direct quote as I didn't pull the email up to give ver batim.

I'll pull it up in a minute.

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1079321
03/01/11 03:54 PM
03/01/11 03:54 PM
Long Island, NY
gliderdad79 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
gliderdad79  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Long Island, NY
Julie, I have stated many times I am not bashing Peggy, the diet or anything else and I hope this may be the answer that bridges the gap so how is that not being mature??

YOU may continue to put your head in the sand and do what you have been told thats your choice, do not sit here and tell people they have to do the same nor tell them they are being immature especially if they are not being immature. You are the last person to be calling anyone immature!

I am not and have not bashed the diet or any person(s) involved and have stated it many times now. The only bad question is one that is not asked.

I also feel that this may simplify things so no more mishaps and using wrong vits happen totally throwing off diets.

Last edited by gliderdad79; 03/01/11 04:00 PM.

Eddie

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: LabNGliderMom] #1079322
03/01/11 03:55 PM
03/01/11 03:55 PM
Melbourne Australia
Marz Offline
Glider Guardian
Marz  Offline
Glider Guardian

Melbourne Australia
Originally Posted By: LabNGliderMom
Okay so look:

If Frito-Lay comes out with a new Doritos flavor, how many of you are going to bad-mouth them on the internet for not leaving the "classic" flavor as the only flavor they ever endorsed?

I think the difference here the "classic" is the Wombaroo High Protein Supplement (commonly referred to in the US as the HPW powder) and the "new flavour" is a totally different product by a totally different manufacturer.

The new powder should have been marketed as a new product so it doesn't confuse the masses.As it is now, the new product is riding on the reputation of the Wombaroo brand product.

I have no issues with a new diet powder and even think it's wise having a product that is US made but I don't agree with using the reputation of a scientifically proven product from another company to sell a totally different product. My two cents worth anyway.

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1079325
03/01/11 04:01 PM
03/01/11 04:01 PM

M
Megs
Unregistered
Megs
Unregistered
M

My apologies. I just reread all of the emails.

The two years bit was in regards to the Green Juice.
She stated that she used the green juice for 2 years prior to telling others because she wanted proper testing done.

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1079338
03/01/11 04:23 PM
03/01/11 04:23 PM
Kansas City, MO
Laurens_Babies Offline
Glider Addict
Laurens_Babies  Offline
Glider Addict

Kansas City, MO
This is my take on the situation:

Ok I'm going to compare this situation to another example. Say Alicia /Bourbon/ Peggy/ KarenE etc etc anyone of them come onto this board.. All of them intelligent but non of them nutritionists doctors etc..Come online and say "Hey!! Guess what guys I'm making baby formula now! Its made in the USA and I worked really hard with my knowledge of infant nutrition. I worked with doctors and nutritionist (but I won't tell you their names until my studies are done in a year or more time from the time I start selling it!), I found a company to make it (but I won't tell you their names until my studies are done in a year or more time from the time I start selling it!) They are sending it to (?) in bulk where it is being repackaged by (?) (but I won't tell you their names until my studies are done in a year or more time from the time I start selling it!) shipping it out in FDA approved bags (using comparision to whatever it was approved bags Peggy is using) Anyone who likes this can sell in their stores to anyone who would like to buy it, even though I can't guarentee who's going to be repackaging it then but hey if you don't want it don't buy it. But if you DO like it buy it today get it this week mix it up in your infants bottle and enjoy!!

BTW anyone who bashes my product online is seeking to loose money cause of my product, or they are just plain hateful people who want to start trouble.

Thanks!!!!

** Again I'm not against this diet I just think its still too early to be selling it without further knowledge being given.

~Lauren

Lauren's Animal Kingdom
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1079343
03/01/11 04:36 PM
03/01/11 04:36 PM
Big Sandy TN
Sherri Offline
Glider Addict
Sherri  Offline
Glider Addict

Big Sandy TN
I really don't see the comparison at all between pet food and human food.

I love my gliders just as much as anyone else here but really????.... Trying to compare our glider food to baby formula?

I love you Lauren and I really do respect your opinions and experience with gliders but I do have to disagree with this comparison.

sherri

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1079345
03/01/11 04:39 PM
03/01/11 04:39 PM
NC, USA
xoerikae Offline
Glider Slave
xoerikae  Offline
Glider Slave

NC, USA
plus the fact that what other diet has gone past this point? from what i understand, she revealed this diet after all the tests that all our other diets have done as well. now she's going ABOVE that. PAST the level what we feed now.
if i am incorrect, please let me know.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 155 guests, and 86 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,547 TEXAS
679,062 OHIO
487,124 OKLAHOMA
432,131 UTAH
321,659 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024