Sugar Glider Community Calendar

Please click here to see larger view
Articles
More coming soon!!
Today's Birthdays
mommawannabe, RizzyRealz
Member Spotlight
None yet
Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Pre Made TPG Food
by SugarGliderSuppe. 09/11/26 02:34 AM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution #797490
06/22/09 06:40 PM
06/22/09 06:40 PM

A
astronoc
Unregistered
astronoc
Unregistered
A



I wanted to share one of my cleaning tricks in case anyone wants to try it out. I use Hibiclense (it can be picked up from Walgreens for about $10) and mix that with water in a spray bottle.

One bottle will last you a while since you can make a couple of batches off it. Some vets use it to wipe down rooms in between patients, etc. It's pretty much the pink liquid if you have seen it before.

Hibiclense is also known as Chlorhexedine Gluconate solution 4.0% w/v. It is an antiseptic/antimicrobial cleanser that is used as a surgical hand scrub, skin wound and geneal skin cleanser. Not only can you use this little liquid in case something happens to you or your suggies (wounds, etc) but it works nicely to disinfect the cage. It doesnt have a strong smell and I find that my gliders do not go nuts scent marking after cage cleaning ( I have 3 boys). It can also be used to clean animal laundry but you have to follow bottle directions because using this with chlorine will actually stain the materials.

Also, I use this in between cage cleanings to wipe down their cage!

Let me know if anyone else does this and if you try it, how it works for you!! Just wanted to pass this on....

Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: ] #797496
06/22/09 06:49 PM
06/22/09 06:49 PM
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,204
Sedona, AZ
ozzi Offline
Glider Addict
ozzi  Offline
Glider Addict

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,204
Sedona, AZ
I never used it but I will be waiting to see the replies to your info. Thanks for sharing!
Pat


Pat
You have not lived until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.....Unknown

Rest in Peace our little sweet friends that have crossed over the "Rainbow Bridge".
I miss you gangel Boo-Boo, Lucy, BJ, and Fivel
Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: ] #797516
06/22/09 07:52 PM
06/22/09 07:52 PM
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 652
Dallas, TX
sandbat Offline
Glider Guardian
sandbat  Offline
Glider Guardian

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 652
Dallas, TX
This is awesome! I'm going to pick some of this stuff up. Thanks for the tip!

Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: sandbat] #797554
06/22/09 09:55 PM
06/22/09 09:55 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 6,576
Kilgore, Texas
Cora Offline
Serious Glideritis
Cora  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 6,576
Kilgore, Texas
walgreens tomorrow......thanks for the tip!


USDA Licensed Breeder
903-808-1142

http://www.freewebs.com/angelfish_37/index.htm
Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: Cora] #797567
06/22/09 10:38 PM
06/22/09 10:38 PM
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5,997
Upstate, SC
SariYappa Offline
Serious Glideritis
SariYappa  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5,997
Upstate, SC
I will be getting some, and I'll post when I use it! Thanks hug2


*Whatever I said, I said it with a Smile*

wave Sari

:grey:Sugar:grey:Nibbles:grey:Destiny

Rapid Runner *Sold Out!

Suggie Smart Mart *Home of The Hippie Pouch & Suggie Chandelier
Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: SariYappa] #797571
06/22/09 10:43 PM
06/22/09 10:43 PM

M
missyskandi
Unregistered
missyskandi
Unregistered
M



I used to work at a place that did hair transplants, and we had all the "pre-operative" people use it for a few days before their procedure, and all "post-operative" people use it for a week or so afterwards... it is some non-allergenic, sanitary stuff! I will be watching for results from everyone!

Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: ] #797579
06/22/09 11:04 PM
06/22/09 11:04 PM

S
sheila82
Unregistered
sheila82
Unregistered
S



sounds cool.. I have a Walgreens about 2 miles from me. I will have to check it out. Thanks for the info. I will give it a whirl.

Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: ] #797583
06/22/09 11:15 PM
06/22/09 11:15 PM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 7,297
Quincy, IL
glidrz5 Offline
Serious Glideritis
glidrz5  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 7,297
Quincy, IL
My vet has me use a chlorahexadine rinse to clean my gliders teeth. I got it from the vets tho rather than Walgreens.


Chris
Illusion, Malcom, Isabell, Annabelle, Zach, Isis, Aly & Indy
AND Miss Emmy & Miss Chloe kitties

:rbridge: My Angels: You are always in my heart.

You've flown to the rainbow
and wait there for me
Someday I will join you
together to be


Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: glidrz5] #797588
06/22/09 11:35 PM
06/22/09 11:35 PM

A
astronoc
Unregistered
astronoc
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted By: glidrz5
My vet has me use a chlorahexadine rinse to clean my gliders teeth. I got it from the vets tho rather than Walgreens.


OOOO good point! The dental formula will have a lower percentage of the ingredient since there is the potential of swallowing during use. The dog and cat percentage is typically 0.12% of chloraheaxidine (vs. the 4% in this particular bottle) since its internal and there is a chance of swallowing. I am guessing suggies would need a different sort of dental rinse mix which is why your particular formula would have to be made at your vet smile

This stuff bubbles up at a higher percentage so it definately wouldnt be a good idea to use as a dental rinse. In fact, the bottle tells you not to use it in the eyes, ears and mouths. Permanent eye injury can occur and deafness can occur if used in the ears. And in the mouth, well... thats cnosidered internal and this product is for external use only.

Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: ] #797624
06/23/09 02:43 AM
06/23/09 02:43 AM
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 652
Dallas, TX
sandbat Offline
Glider Guardian
sandbat  Offline
Glider Guardian

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 652
Dallas, TX
Hey, does it look anything like this? laugh

http://www.exoticnutrition.com/en746.html

Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: sandbat] #797627
06/23/09 02:45 AM
06/23/09 02:45 AM

A
astronoc
Unregistered
astronoc
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted By: sandbat
Hey, does it look anything like this? laugh

http://www.exoticnutrition.com/en746.html


LOL. The liquid can be around that color depending on how much of it you use. I would love to get my hands on that ingredient lists tounge

Edit: I looked around and even magnified some of the pictures but couldnt get a clear shot of the ingredients. If anyone has this particular product on hand, please be kind and post those smile

Last edited by astronoc; 06/23/09 02:51 AM.
Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: ] #797628
06/23/09 02:54 AM
06/23/09 02:54 AM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,748
New Jersey
JillMarie Offline
Serious Glideritis
JillMarie  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,748
New Jersey
perhaps I didnt read this thread correctly...is the product being recommended here the same one that was stated to cause permanent eye damage? sorry I have one of those migraines that make you dizzy so perhaps my brain isnt functioning right now....LOL...ooooh that one hurt frown dont laugh so loud!
if so I wouldnt feel happy using it.


:grey: Bosom Buddy Creations:grey:
^website link wink

Remember that God Loves You!
Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: JillMarie] #797632
06/23/09 03:08 AM
06/23/09 03:08 AM

A
astronoc
Unregistered
astronoc
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted By: JillMarie
perhaps I didnt read this thread correctly...is the product being recommended here the same one that was stated to cause permanent eye damage? sorry I have one of those migraines that make you dizzy so perhaps my brain isnt functioning right now....LOL...ooooh that one hurt frown dont laugh so loud!
if so I wouldnt feel happy using it.


Depending on the percentage, it becomes safe for internal use. This particular one is at 4% and should not be used without watering it down. You only want to use a couple of ml and then fill the rest of the bottle with water. That should lower the percentage. Thats why I originally mentioned that you could get a couple of batches out of one bottle. Other than that, I dont know what spraying this liquid into the glider's eye would cause and I wont be trying it smile

When I clean my cages, I start off by putting it in the shower and running hot water on them. Then I spray the liquid on it and just let it sit for about ten minutes. Then I do another spraying and rinse with hot water again. The only time I wipe the cage is afterwards to dry it up.

Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: ] #797636
06/23/09 03:19 AM
06/23/09 03:19 AM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,748
New Jersey
JillMarie Offline
Serious Glideritis
JillMarie  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,748
New Jersey
thanks....now what are you doing to help my head? LOL


:grey: Bosom Buddy Creations:grey:
^website link wink

Remember that God Loves You!
Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: JillMarie] #797637
06/23/09 03:21 AM
06/23/09 03:21 AM

A
astronoc
Unregistered
astronoc
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted By: JillMarie
thanks....now what are you doing to help my head? LOL


Maybe those Kix will help!

Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: ] #797720
06/23/09 11:16 AM
06/23/09 11:16 AM
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5,997
Upstate, SC
SariYappa Offline
Serious Glideritis
SariYappa  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5,997
Upstate, SC
JillMarie, get some sleep! wink

astronoc... So, you don't even "scrub" the cage? It works that well? I am liking this more and more as I read. smile
I don't know how I will be using it yet, because my cage does not fit in a tub, nor can I get it outside easily. (it's about 7 feet, by 5 feet, by 4!) I do, however, use my wagner steam cleaner on it, so I'm thinking spray it, leave it for a few minutes, and then steam clean. Hmmmm... I'll be watching for other reviews...

Thanks again!
(and I won't be spraying it in my gliders eyes either!) tounge

Now, about that dental rinse, HOW do you do that? (I realize you have a different product)... do you actually brush your gliders teeth?? I know it's off topic, but this is very interesting...


*Whatever I said, I said it with a Smile*

wave Sari

:grey:Sugar:grey:Nibbles:grey:Destiny

Rapid Runner *Sold Out!

Suggie Smart Mart *Home of The Hippie Pouch & Suggie Chandelier
Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: SariYappa] #797739
06/23/09 12:05 PM
06/23/09 12:05 PM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 7,297
Quincy, IL
glidrz5 Offline
Serious Glideritis
glidrz5  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 7,297
Quincy, IL
Yes, I do brush my kids teeth with the chlorahexadine rinse that my vet gives me. I'll dip a Q-Tip in the solution and gently brush their incisors front and back to remove any food particals that might be caught there. I will also put it in a syringe and squirt it into their mouth in the area that needs cleaned and let them shake it out....I call it gargling for gliders LOL.


Chris
Illusion, Malcom, Isabell, Annabelle, Zach, Isis, Aly & Indy
AND Miss Emmy & Miss Chloe kitties

:rbridge: My Angels: You are always in my heart.

You've flown to the rainbow
and wait there for me
Someday I will join you
together to be


Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: SariYappa] #797862
06/23/09 04:13 PM
06/23/09 04:13 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,748
New Jersey
JillMarie Offline
Serious Glideritis
JillMarie  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,748
New Jersey
sleep? what's that?
LOL

dental cleaning

neat idea!


:grey: Bosom Buddy Creations:grey:
^website link wink

Remember that God Loves You!
Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: glidrz5] #798294
06/24/09 12:45 PM
06/24/09 12:45 PM
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5,997
Upstate, SC
SariYappa Offline
Serious Glideritis
SariYappa  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5,997
Upstate, SC
Originally Posted By: glidrz5
Yes, I do brush my kids teeth with the chlorahexadine rinse that my vet gives me. I'll dip a Q-Tip in the solution and gently brush their incisors front and back to remove any food particals that might be caught there. I will also put it in a syringe and squirt it into their mouth in the area that needs cleaned and let them shake it out....I call it gargling for gliders LOL.

Do you know the percentages, and if this is the same thing? I wonder if we can further dilute it, and it be safe for the teeth? Don't worry, I wouldn't try it unless I knew it was correct! thumb

This is very cool though. When you hear about dental problems w/ gliders, you don't EVER want to have those!

Thanks everyone for sharing!! tounge


*Whatever I said, I said it with a Smile*

wave Sari

:grey:Sugar:grey:Nibbles:grey:Destiny

Rapid Runner *Sold Out!

Suggie Smart Mart *Home of The Hippie Pouch & Suggie Chandelier
Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: SariYappa] #798350
06/24/09 03:25 PM
06/24/09 03:25 PM

A
astronoc
Unregistered
astronoc
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted By: SariYappa
Originally Posted By: glidrz5
Yes, I do brush my kids teeth with the chlorahexadine rinse that my vet gives me. I'll dip a Q-Tip in the solution and gently brush their incisors front and back to remove any food particals that might be caught there. I will also put it in a syringe and squirt it into their mouth in the area that needs cleaned and let them shake it out....I call it gargling for gliders LOL.

Do you know the percentages, and if this is the same thing? I wonder if we can further dilute it, and it be safe for the teeth? Don't worry, I wouldn't try it unless I knew it was correct! thumb

This is very cool though. When you hear about dental problems w/ gliders, you don't EVER want to have those!

Thanks everyone for sharing!! tounge


I can tell you it should be no more than 0.12% since that is what is done with the cats/dogs. Maybe glidrz5 can call her vet and ask smile I'm guessing it should be somewhere around 0.06% which is pretty low.

Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: ] #798491
06/24/09 08:44 PM
06/24/09 08:44 PM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 7,297
Quincy, IL
glidrz5 Offline
Serious Glideritis
glidrz5  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 7,297
Quincy, IL
No need to call the vet, I can just check the bottle LOL It says
Dentahex Oral Rinse
Chlorhexidine 0.12% with Zinc
Oral hygiene Rinse for dogs and cats


Chris
Illusion, Malcom, Isabell, Annabelle, Zach, Isis, Aly & Indy
AND Miss Emmy & Miss Chloe kitties

:rbridge: My Angels: You are always in my heart.

You've flown to the rainbow
and wait there for me
Someday I will join you
together to be


Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: glidrz5] #798496
06/24/09 08:48 PM
06/24/09 08:48 PM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,782
Texas
MelindaKay Offline
Glider Slave
MelindaKay  Offline
Glider Slave

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,782
Texas
I picked up a bottle today. I was looking for a gallon jug or something because I thought I'd never find it - lol..

What size spray bottle do you use and want % do you mix 1/2 stuff 1/2 water??

I'm doing a deep clean of the glider room this week-end and going to use it from top to bottom smile


Melinda Powders


**************************************
POWDERED SUGAR GLIDERS

email: melindakay@powderedsugargliders.com
Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: MelindaKay] #798512
06/24/09 09:15 PM
06/24/09 09:15 PM

A
astronoc
Unregistered
astronoc
Unregistered
A



Its only an 8Fl oz. bottle. You only need a couple of mLs. In a 32 oz bottle, I will put in about 1 tablespoons of the stuff and fill the rest with water.

If you do a search for the product on a search engine, you will come across their website and read some more. Its more marketing but there is info there and you can see what it looks like.

Last edited by astronoc; 06/24/09 09:37 PM.
Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: ] #798516
06/24/09 09:29 PM
06/24/09 09:29 PM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,782
Texas
MelindaKay Offline
Glider Slave
MelindaKay  Offline
Glider Slave

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,782
Texas
Thanks!! I found it by the proxide and alcohol finally. I'm going to try it out this week-end smile


Melinda Powders


**************************************
POWDERED SUGAR GLIDERS

email: melindakay@powderedsugargliders.com
Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: MelindaKay] #799406
06/26/09 09:56 PM
06/26/09 09:56 PM
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 652
Dallas, TX
sandbat Offline
Glider Guardian
sandbat  Offline
Glider Guardian

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 652
Dallas, TX
I used it straight from the bottle to wipe the poles down, and then wiped them down with a wet rag (with water.) Will it be okay, or do I need to wash the poles more? I hadn't seen this thread since last week, and I don't want to make the rept unsafe for them. D:

Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: sandbat] #799433
06/26/09 10:57 PM
06/26/09 10:57 PM

B
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
B



I would imagine that using the Hibiclense would even make cleaning BETWEEN cleanings easier. That is some slick stuff! Our hospital uses it as a pre-surgery soap. When I had my gallbladder taken out last year I had to wash head-to-toe with it and lemme tell ya... I was SLICK! LOL It takes off everything! And your hair will totally stand on end! Then after you dry off, even your favorite lotion won't stick to you for a couple of days. I think that is why it is so uselful as an antimicrobial, it breaks up anything that wants to layer or stick to you. I will have to start using that for cages too. Great thinking!

Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: ] #799441
06/26/09 11:10 PM
06/26/09 11:10 PM
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 652
Dallas, TX
sandbat Offline
Glider Guardian
sandbat  Offline
Glider Guardian

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 652
Dallas, TX

There's a similar product that I spotted at Central Market, that says it's "safe to use around animals, even birds."

Bi-O-Kleen's Bac-Out.

The bottle at the store had a lime-verbena scent. I like it, but I don't want to use anything on their rept that might smell like food.

Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: sandbat] #799522
06/27/09 03:38 AM
06/27/09 03:38 AM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 7,297
Quincy, IL
glidrz5 Offline
Serious Glideritis
glidrz5  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 7,297
Quincy, IL
Hmmmmmm, I wonder if you could add it to the laundry when washing reptariums........


Chris
Illusion, Malcom, Isabell, Annabelle, Zach, Isis, Aly & Indy
AND Miss Emmy & Miss Chloe kitties

:rbridge: My Angels: You are always in my heart.

You've flown to the rainbow
and wait there for me
Someday I will join you
together to be


Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: glidrz5] #799665
06/27/09 06:15 PM
06/27/09 06:15 PM

A
astronoc
Unregistered
astronoc
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted By: glidrz5
Hmmmmmm, I wonder if you could add it to the laundry when washing reptariums........


Yes but please dont use chlorine as that stains material! Please, please, please read the product before using. My only intention when giving this tip was for proper use and I would hate to see it incorrectly used!

Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: ] #799674
06/27/09 06:38 PM
06/27/09 06:38 PM
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 652
Dallas, TX
sandbat Offline
Glider Guardian
sandbat  Offline
Glider Guardian

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 652
Dallas, TX
Originally Posted By: astronoc
Originally Posted By: glidrz5
Hmmmmmm, I wonder if you could add it to the laundry when washing reptariums........


Yes but please dont use chlorine as that stains material! Please, please, please read the product before using. My only intention when giving this tip was for proper use and I would hate to see it incorrectly used!


I used this when I laundered my rept screen last night, but I added only a little, ran it, and then ran it again to make sure it was all washed out. I didn't use anything else with it. So far so good, and the screen smelled really nice after it came out.

Last edited by sandbat; 06/27/09 06:39 PM.
Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: sandbat] #799928
06/28/09 02:03 PM
06/28/09 02:03 PM
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5,997
Upstate, SC
SariYappa Offline
Serious Glideritis
SariYappa  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5,997
Upstate, SC
I took my suggie mansion, and hibiblense, and a tarp, and I'm doing a cleaning bonanza!

The tarp is layed out in the middle of the living room, the cage was pulled over the tarp, I stripped the cage, sprayed it down completely, inside & out. I am now waiting the 10 minutes, then I guess I'll spray it down w/ clean water, and wipe it dry. I'll let you know how it turns out! I can't wait!!

(my cage is about 7 feet tall by 5 feet long by 3.5 feet wide, so I couldn't do it in the tub, or outside!)

I would take pics, but my camera is laying on the kitchen table in pieces, because I broke it, and hubby is trying to fix it! frown


*Whatever I said, I said it with a Smile*

wave Sari

:grey:Sugar:grey:Nibbles:grey:Destiny

Rapid Runner *Sold Out!

Suggie Smart Mart *Home of The Hippie Pouch & Suggie Chandelier
Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: SariYappa] #799929
06/28/09 02:06 PM
06/28/09 02:06 PM

A
astronoc
Unregistered
astronoc
Unregistered
A



Good luck. sounds like some real work for you to clean your cage!

Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: SariYappa] #799937
06/28/09 02:31 PM
06/28/09 02:31 PM
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 409
Navarre, Florida
happygypsymoth Offline
Glider Lover
happygypsymoth  Offline
Glider Lover

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 409
Navarre, Florida
Originally Posted By: SariYappa
(my cage is about 7 feet tall by 5 feet long by 3.5 feet wide, so I couldn't do it in the tub, or outside!)


I'm curious to find out how you like it. I've been outdoor spray washing since my steamer broke. I have a new steamer now, and am wondering how the two would work together.

Also your cage size brings me to thinking about the new cages I am making: I want them as big as possible, but I also want them to be able to slide through doors quickly in an emergency. (I have a friend whose Suggies went through a house fire, so I am thinking about that now.)


Our pack of 14:
2 Humans,5 Chihuahuas,7 Suggies(the Suggies definately rule!)
RIP Grace 12/12/12 Harmony 1/17/13 Turbo & Everest 2014
Forever Gliding High, together!

Save a Kid! Close the Lid!
And Check your Pouches Daily!
Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: happygypsymoth] #799965
06/28/09 03:31 PM
06/28/09 03:31 PM
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5,997
Upstate, SC
SariYappa Offline
Serious Glideritis
SariYappa  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5,997
Upstate, SC
Originally Posted By: happygypsymoth
Originally Posted By: SariYappa
(my cage is about 7 feet tall by 5 feet long by 3.5 feet wide, so I couldn't do it in the tub, or outside!)


I'm curious to find out how you like it. I've been outdoor spray washing since my steamer broke. I have a new steamer now, and am wondering how the two would work together.

I have the wagner 905 steamer and I LOVE it. But this time I did without, it's a true test, since the steamer is so wonderful, I didn't want to skew the results!

Also your cage size brings me to thinking about the new cages I am making: I want them as big as possible, but I also want them to be able to slide through doors quickly in an emergency. (I have a friend whose Suggies went through a house fire, so I am thinking about that now.)

I was thinking about the same thing this morning, when my fire alarm went off for no reason! (that's another story)... but quite frankly, if the cage is in a house w/ a fire, I would probably not want to re-use it. So, I was thinking I would just take the pouch they are sleeping in, and run!! (in other emergencies, I can take the floor out, and "fold it" so it fits throught the door though!)


*Whatever I said, I said it with a Smile*

wave Sari

:grey:Sugar:grey:Nibbles:grey:Destiny

Rapid Runner *Sold Out!

Suggie Smart Mart *Home of The Hippie Pouch & Suggie Chandelier
Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: SariYappa] #800335
06/29/09 12:26 PM
06/29/09 12:26 PM
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 409
Navarre, Florida
happygypsymoth Offline
Glider Lover
happygypsymoth  Offline
Glider Lover

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 409
Navarre, Florida
Well, for me, some of my cages with multiples, I can't depend on everyone being in pouches in an emergency. So I think I will make sure my new cages can slide out the doors easily.

Back to the original subject: How did the cleaning go?


Our pack of 14:
2 Humans,5 Chihuahuas,7 Suggies(the Suggies definately rule!)
RIP Grace 12/12/12 Harmony 1/17/13 Turbo & Everest 2014
Forever Gliding High, together!

Save a Kid! Close the Lid!
And Check your Pouches Daily!
Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: happygypsymoth] #800762
06/30/09 11:38 AM
06/30/09 11:38 AM
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 409
Navarre, Florida
happygypsymoth Offline
Glider Lover
happygypsymoth  Offline
Glider Lover

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 409
Navarre, Florida
How did the cleaning go?


Our pack of 14:
2 Humans,5 Chihuahuas,7 Suggies(the Suggies definately rule!)
RIP Grace 12/12/12 Harmony 1/17/13 Turbo & Everest 2014
Forever Gliding High, together!

Save a Kid! Close the Lid!
And Check your Pouches Daily!
Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: happygypsymoth] #800865
06/30/09 03:48 PM
06/30/09 03:48 PM
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,579
Sherman, Texas
MizValorie Offline
Glider Addict
MizValorie  Offline
Glider Addict

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,579
Sherman, Texas
I use this stuff when I have abscesses. It works wonders. I also use it after I play with my suggies so I don't get infections and it helps heal all those little bumps.

I never thought about using it on the cages but am definitely going to try tonight or tomorrow night. Thanks for the idea.


Valorie and our 10 fur children

RIP Mary Kate
Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: MizValorie] #801672
07/02/09 12:21 PM
07/02/09 12:21 PM
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,579
Sherman, Texas
MizValorie Offline
Glider Addict
MizValorie  Offline
Glider Addict

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,579
Sherman, Texas
I sprayed my cage down...and wow it does work!! Great idea... I love it now!


Valorie and our 10 fur children

RIP Mary Kate
Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: MizValorie] #801697
07/02/09 01:05 PM
07/02/09 01:05 PM
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5,997
Upstate, SC
SariYappa Offline
Serious Glideritis
SariYappa  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5,997
Upstate, SC
Yep, worked GREAT!! Next time I'll use it in conjunction w/ my steamer, and I don't think it gets ANY better than that!
Thanks for the tip!!

(oh, and I find myself wanting to use it for many other things now too!) thumb


*Whatever I said, I said it with a Smile*

wave Sari

:grey:Sugar:grey:Nibbles:grey:Destiny

Rapid Runner *Sold Out!

Suggie Smart Mart *Home of The Hippie Pouch & Suggie Chandelier
Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: SariYappa] #801698
07/02/09 01:06 PM
07/02/09 01:06 PM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,782
Texas
MelindaKay Offline
Glider Slave
MelindaKay  Offline
Glider Slave

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,782
Texas
I'm going to give it a try this week-end.

OT...Sari...what type steamer do you use?


Melinda Powders


**************************************
POWDERED SUGAR GLIDERS

email: melindakay@powderedsugargliders.com
Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: MelindaKay] #801702
07/02/09 01:13 PM
07/02/09 01:13 PM
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5,997
Upstate, SC
SariYappa Offline
Serious Glideritis
SariYappa  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 5,997
Upstate, SC
The wagner 905, and it is AWESOME! smile


*Whatever I said, I said it with a Smile*

wave Sari

:grey:Sugar:grey:Nibbles:grey:Destiny

Rapid Runner *Sold Out!

Suggie Smart Mart *Home of The Hippie Pouch & Suggie Chandelier
Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: SariYappa] #802423
07/04/09 10:59 PM
07/04/09 10:59 PM
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 652
Dallas, TX
sandbat Offline
Glider Guardian
sandbat  Offline
Glider Guardian

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 652
Dallas, TX
I called the local emergency vet to see what they knew about Hibiclense, and they told me it's "100% safe." They use it on them all the time, and to quote the vet tech I spoke to, "if one of them had to have surgery, we'd put it all over them."

I use it to clean everything of theirs now. I diluted it in a spray bottle with some water, and washed their rept screen in it last week. So far, so good!

Re: Hibiclense - Chlorhexidine Gluconate solution [Re: sandbat] #802591
07/05/09 04:55 PM
07/05/09 04:55 PM
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 20,093
North Central Ohio
GliderNursery Offline
Tech Admn
GliderNursery  Offline
Tech Admn

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 20,093
North Central Ohio
I just found this post. I need to talk to my vet and see what he has to say about using it. I know my son uses it after wrestling practice & matches - keeps the cooties off of him!


Shelly

Don't sacrifice quality information for convenient information.


Glider Nursery

Sugar Glider Foundation


Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page



Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 8,412 guests, and 808 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
koalascemo, xLizzx, SugarGliderSuppe, GliderMaClassic, mberodes
7409 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,425
Posts159,386
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,410
Most Online48,678
Jul 1st, 2026
Last 10 New Topics
Pre Made TPG Food
by SugarGliderSuppe. 09/11/26 02:34 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
1,083,969 TEXAS
836,835 OHIO
644,269 OKLAHOMA
609,918 UTAH
456,588 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox



Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2026
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software
(Release build 20180918)
Page Time: 0.038s Queries: 14 (0.013s) Memory: 3.7925 MB (Peak: 4.2739 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2026-09-29 22:38:35 UTC