Sugar Glider Community Calendar

Please click here to see larger view
Articles
More coming soon!!
Today's Birthdays
Bdj1973, desertmommy, Varekai
Member Spotlight
None yet
Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Pre Made TPG Food
by SugarGliderSuppe. 09/11/26 02:34 AM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys #576403
06/25/08 12:05 AM
06/25/08 12:05 AM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 14,788
Cleveland, Ohio
sugarglidersuz Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarglidersuz  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 14,788
Cleveland, Ohio
As some of you already know, I was on vacation last week and had a friend come to the house to Glider-sit. Fortunately, all went well with no problems while we were gone and we got home early on Saturday morning.
Yesterday, Carina's joeys came out of pouch and seemed to be doing well. The female was a good 12.9 grams and the male was 13.2 grams. However, apparently Carina had become stressed from my being out of town worried This evening, after getting home late from a bike ride, I was making dinner when I heard an odd hissing sound coming from Coobah & Carina's cage. I immediately went over to investigate and discovered both joeys alone in their nesting pouch and cold to the touch. Right away, I took them out and weighed them. The female was down to 12.4 grams and the male was down to 11.6 grams cry He was very dehydrated and couldn't hold himself up on his little legs frown The female's cry was a bit lustier, but he was the one making the odd hissing cry (a sign of a very weak joey). Since discovering them at 9:30 p.m., I have managed to get the little male to drink Pedialyte every half hour. The female still had a milk spot on her belly, so I've only fed her Pedialyte every hour. The male is in my bra keeping warm and the female is back with her parents but has just started crying again... I'm going to go get her and feed her again.
Please keep them in your prayers. Hopefully Carina will get over her snit and will take both joeys back within the next couple of days, but I may be in for a long-haul of handraising joeys again dunno


Suz Enyedy
:bb: Carina & Coobah
Allira & Gizmo :grey:
:grey: Picasso, Trinity Joy & Luna
:rbridge: DaisyMae; Darwin; Mareki; Mambo; Pika; Cricky; Reggie & Bobo, Pepe & Bittah


Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: sugarglidersuz] #576404
06/25/08 12:07 AM
06/25/08 12:07 AM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 11,015
MA
pappy1264 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 11,015
MA
Suz, I'll be 'up' with you tonight and sending loads of prayers. Please keep us posted.


Timmy, Gidget(RIP), Bandit, Petey(RIP), Phoebe, Jake (RIP) Piper(RIP), Pru(RIP), Paige, Cole, Molly(RIP), Oliver, Wyatt, Roo(RIP), Romeo, Pennie, Mandy(RIP), Madison, Garth, Kikipoo, Stasia, Bella, Petunia(RIP), Helen, Sydney, Kizzy and Sweet Pea's mom,
Mary
Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: sugarglidersuz] #576405
06/25/08 12:07 AM
06/25/08 12:07 AM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,945
Miami, Fl
reeny Offline
Glider Slave
reeny  Offline
Glider Slave

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,945
Miami, Fl
Hope all goes well with the joeys. Keeping you and them in my prayers.


Reeny
&
"The Flower Patch Gang"

Blossom & Buttercup
Bella & Bug
Mona & Poppy
Hannah & Lucas
Petunia & Payton
Petals
Fiona & Fiorello
Lili & Tulip & Krinkles

www.moonovermiamigliders.com




Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: reeny] #576406
06/25/08 12:12 AM
06/25/08 12:12 AM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 5,725
Upstate NY
glidergrl1513 Offline
Serious Glideritis
glidergrl1513  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 5,725
Upstate NY
hug2 Sending prayers!

Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: reeny] #576407
06/25/08 12:13 AM
06/25/08 12:13 AM

M
MagicMan
Unregistered
MagicMan
Unregistered
M



Suz, Im so sorry! I will definitely pray for you and the little ones! They are in great hands!

Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: glidergrl1513] #576410
06/25/08 12:16 AM
06/25/08 12:16 AM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 21,060
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 21,060
Kansas
hug2 Suz, I am so sorry to hear this news!!! If you need a shoulder to lean on please don't hesitate to call!!!!
Tell that little Carina to behave herself!!! shakehead
Sending tons of hugs and prayers.

Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: LSardou] #576413
06/25/08 12:21 AM
06/25/08 12:21 AM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 14,788
Cleveland, Ohio
sugarglidersuz Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarglidersuz  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 14,788
Cleveland, Ohio
I just fed both of them again. The male took 0.35 cc's! dance The female took 0.25 cc's laugh They're both tucked in my bra keeping warm again until the next feeding heart


Suz Enyedy
:bb: Carina & Coobah
Allira & Gizmo :grey:
:grey: Picasso, Trinity Joy & Luna
:rbridge: DaisyMae; Darwin; Mareki; Mambo; Pika; Cricky; Reggie & Bobo, Pepe & Bittah


Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: sugarglidersuz] #576420
06/25/08 12:35 AM
06/25/08 12:35 AM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,008
Greeley, CO
Usha77 Offline
Glider Addict
Usha77  Offline
Glider Addict

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,008
Greeley, CO
hug2 and prayers for you and the wee ones! I hope Mom decides she can take them back soon!


Brenda
970-616-2872
mlove
Gliders: Eugene, Sandy, Seri; Bobbi, Spice; Star, Squiddi; Pearl, Pip; Petrie; Jimny, Pinocchio; Anna & Elsa
Dogs: Nacho & Dory
RIP my glider angels: Nynaeve, Poppy, Lan, Toffee, Zoey, Tika & Tas

mlove

www.sugargroup.org






Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: Usha77] #576450
06/25/08 02:14 AM
06/25/08 02:14 AM

A
AmyLynn
Unregistered
AmyLynn
Unregistered
A



I hope she takes them back. The joeys are in great hands. Sending prayers for the little ones.

Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: sugarglidersuz] #576455
06/25/08 02:25 AM
06/25/08 02:25 AM

S
Soh
Unregistered
Soh
Unregistered
S



Oh no! Well, at least they couldn't be in any better hands until hopefully their mama stops sulking. Sending good thoughts! hug2

Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: ] #576456
06/25/08 02:25 AM
06/25/08 02:25 AM

A
aronoiiel
Unregistered
aronoiiel
Unregistered
A



hug2 I'm sorry to hear about those poor little ones I do hope she takes them back. They are in such wonderful hands though lots of prayers headed your way.

Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: ] #576463
06/25/08 03:51 AM
06/25/08 03:51 AM
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,645
Ohio
Guerita135 Offline
Glider Addict
Guerita135  Offline
Glider Addict

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,645
Ohio
Oh no! I hope that everything is going well with them. Please keep us posted!


~Nicole~

Proudly enslaved by lots of silly suggies, 3 crazy kitties, a huffy hedgie, and a pretty puppy! grin
Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: Guerita135] #576464
06/25/08 05:04 AM
06/25/08 05:04 AM
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 538
Norfolk, VA
morbidelf Offline
Glider Lover
morbidelf  Offline
Glider Lover

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 538
Norfolk, VA
oh Suz! and i had to read this after my prayer group left shakehead well i will do double time till the next one. shoot me an email if you need someone to talk too!


Jessi
owned 6 suggies: Thor & Sophie, Sora & Riku, Kairi & Malachai
3 cats: Toboe, Data, and Maleficent


:rbridge: I'll love you forever Doyle ?/?/05-9/7/10, Nicodemus (rat) 11/6/10-6/25/11, Akasha (cat) 7/15/08-10/23/11
Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: morbidelf] #576467
06/25/08 06:26 AM
06/25/08 06:26 AM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 14,788
Cleveland, Ohio
sugarglidersuz Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarglidersuz  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 14,788
Cleveland, Ohio
Thanks, everyone, for your support. The joeys made it through the night. I tried putting them in the incubator, but they just cried and cried, so I ended up napping with them in my bra between feedings. Not a very restful night, all things considered, but SO worth it heart They are both still slightly dehydrated this morning, but their weights are slightly up at 12.2 g for the male and 12.8 g for the female laugh
I just tried putting them back with Coobah and Carina. Carina immediately started cleaning the little boy (she didn't want anything to do with him last night) and the little girl started rooting for her mama's pouch right away! clap I'm going to sit right here near their cage for a while and make sure they don't cry too much (one of them is crying a bit right now - probably the boy from the sounds of it frown ) Keep those prayers coming!
And THANKS!!! hug2 hug2 hug2


Suz Enyedy
:bb: Carina & Coobah
Allira & Gizmo :grey:
:grey: Picasso, Trinity Joy & Luna
:rbridge: DaisyMae; Darwin; Mareki; Mambo; Pika; Cricky; Reggie & Bobo, Pepe & Bittah


Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: sugarglidersuz] #576473
06/25/08 07:06 AM
06/25/08 07:06 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,360
Ft. Pierce, FL
thefotokat Offline
Glider Slave
thefotokat  Offline
Glider Slave

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,360
Ft. Pierce, FL
Suz, I'm keeping prayers coming that she resumes her momma duties, but I know you're going to be on pins and needles over this for the next few weeks. We're all here for you.

Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: thefotokat] #576477
06/25/08 07:12 AM
06/25/08 07:12 AM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 14,788
Cleveland, Ohio
sugarglidersuz Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarglidersuz  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 14,788
Cleveland, Ohio
The little girl is nursing from her mama heart dance This is great news! I'm so excited!!!
The little boy was being held by Coobah, but I think he's still too weak to nurse, so I'll continue to handfeed him for now worried


Suz Enyedy
:bb: Carina & Coobah
Allira & Gizmo :grey:
:grey: Picasso, Trinity Joy & Luna
:rbridge: DaisyMae; Darwin; Mareki; Mambo; Pika; Cricky; Reggie & Bobo, Pepe & Bittah


Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: sugarglidersuz] #576480
06/25/08 07:17 AM
06/25/08 07:17 AM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 11,015
MA
pappy1264 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 11,015
MA
Wonderful news (on the little girl. Come on little man, follow your sister!!)


Timmy, Gidget(RIP), Bandit, Petey(RIP), Phoebe, Jake (RIP) Piper(RIP), Pru(RIP), Paige, Cole, Molly(RIP), Oliver, Wyatt, Roo(RIP), Romeo, Pennie, Mandy(RIP), Madison, Garth, Kikipoo, Stasia, Bella, Petunia(RIP), Helen, Sydney, Kizzy and Sweet Pea's mom,
Mary
Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: pappy1264] #576482
06/25/08 07:31 AM
06/25/08 07:31 AM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 5,725
Upstate NY
glidergrl1513 Offline
Serious Glideritis
glidergrl1513  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 5,725
Upstate NY
Oh, good! I hope this all works out. smile

Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: glidergrl1513] #576483
06/25/08 07:33 AM
06/25/08 07:33 AM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 14,788
Cleveland, Ohio
sugarglidersuz Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarglidersuz  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 14,788
Cleveland, Ohio
I just got him to drink 0.3 cc's of Joey Formula! It was a battle, but I wasn't going to let him quit drinking until he drank it all roflmao Back to dozing in my bra heart


Suz Enyedy
:bb: Carina & Coobah
Allira & Gizmo :grey:
:grey: Picasso, Trinity Joy & Luna
:rbridge: DaisyMae; Darwin; Mareki; Mambo; Pika; Cricky; Reggie & Bobo, Pepe & Bittah


Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: sugarglidersuz] #576487
06/25/08 07:52 AM
06/25/08 07:52 AM

F
FaesMomma
Unregistered
FaesMomma
Unregistered
F



hug2 Praying that momma takes those babies back....little Carina you better behave yourself and not give Suz anymore trouble shakehead Take care of those youngins like you should!! tant

Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: sugarglidersuz] #576488
06/25/08 07:52 AM
06/25/08 07:52 AM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,470
Tucson, AZ
hipbchik Offline
Glider Slave
hipbchik  Offline
Glider Slave

Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,470
Tucson, AZ
Thankfully the little girl was taken back, hopefully the boy will be soon! I've heard amazing stories about you & this goes to prove they are true!!

Curious...since I've never been in this situation...what would make Carina take back one but not the other? Low milk production maybe?


peace~carolyn



"Your mind is the birthplace of ingenuity and then you need your heart as the Mediator..." ~Lil C
Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: hipbchik] #576490
06/25/08 07:55 AM
06/25/08 07:55 AM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 14,788
Cleveland, Ohio
sugarglidersuz Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarglidersuz  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 14,788
Cleveland, Ohio
Originally Posted By: hipbchik
Curious...since I've never been in this situation...what would make Carina take back one but not the other? Low milk production maybe?
Actually, I believe it's because the male is not strong enough to attempt to nurse yet. I still have to basically force-feed him each feeding because he doesn't have a lot of strength yet. I'm hoping that as he becomes more hydrated he'll regain his strength and be able to nurse again heart


Suz Enyedy
:bb: Carina & Coobah
Allira & Gizmo :grey:
:grey: Picasso, Trinity Joy & Luna
:rbridge: DaisyMae; Darwin; Mareki; Mambo; Pika; Cricky; Reggie & Bobo, Pepe & Bittah


Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: sugarglidersuz] #576497
06/25/08 08:34 AM
06/25/08 08:34 AM
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 2,511
Texas
Jackie_Chans_Mom Offline
Glider Addict
Jackie_Chans_Mom  Offline
Glider Addict

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 2,511
Texas
AWWWW - Suz. I know that those joeys are in the best of hands. Bless you for all you do for the babies~ I imagine the next 8 weeks will be a roller-coaster ride with this family! They like to keep you on your toes, it seems.

You are amazing and I believe that in no time Corina will again feel confident with Mom nearby and begin caring for the little ones. She just wants you to know that she will share her babies with ya!

Prayers coming your way.


~~ Val B ~~ 806-803-0318
Daily giving the abused, unloved, unwanted and neglected SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN

PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR SUGAR GROUP SURVEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: Jackie_Chans_Mom] #576502
06/25/08 08:41 AM
06/25/08 08:41 AM

P
penniedad
Unregistered
penniedad
Unregistered
P



god bless you for all the help you give, BIG BIG prayers to you and your babies, hug hug
there in the best hands !!

Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: ] #576539
06/25/08 10:32 AM
06/25/08 10:32 AM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,906
Texas
morksmom Offline
Glider Slave
morksmom  Offline
Glider Slave

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,906
Texas
hug2 Hang in there Suz.

Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: morksmom] #576555
06/25/08 10:53 AM
06/25/08 10:53 AM
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,264
Northeast U.S.
angelic4296 Offline
Glider Addict
angelic4296  Offline
Glider Addict

Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,264
Northeast U.S.
Thanks goodness the little girl seems to be going in a positive direction....as for you, little man, get your stength back and get to feeding with mama! Hugs, Suz, you're doing a great job!


Jess

2 spoiled gliders, Gizzy (6/05) and Ruthie (?/05) <3

Please consider rescuing first!

Please remember to complete your surveys at http://www.sugargroup.org/ - help better the lives of gliders everywhere smile
Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: angelic4296] #576573
06/25/08 11:20 AM
06/25/08 11:20 AM
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 49
Minnesota
M
Mellen Offline
Out of Pouch
Mellen  Offline
Out of Pouch
M

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 49
Minnesota
They couldn't be in better hands! I'm happy for the little girl that she's back with mom and dad.

Just wondering, do you put the little guy back with them periodically so they don't forget about him?

I sure hope he gets back his strength soon so the family can be all together again!

Hugs to all of you,
Mary


~Mary~

:glider: The Sisters: Kiki & Kira
:glider: The Young Couple: Louie & Jenga
Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: Mellen] #576610
06/25/08 12:20 PM
06/25/08 12:20 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 14,788
Cleveland, Ohio
sugarglidersuz Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarglidersuz  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 14,788
Cleveland, Ohio
Mary, I have been putting him in with his parents periodically. Although they initially clean him up, because he's weak right now, they then just leave him alone frown I'm hoping that he will gain enough strength to go back with them, but right now he's still very weak cry

Here are a couple of videos I got of the joeys during the middle of the night. This first one is of the female. You can see that she is trying to climb on my hand even though her cry is more of a hiss...
Female Joey Crying

As compared to this one of the little boy. You can see how weak he is - not using his hind legs at all, rolled onto his side and a very weak cry cry
Male Joey Crying


Suz Enyedy
:bb: Carina & Coobah
Allira & Gizmo :grey:
:grey: Picasso, Trinity Joy & Luna
:rbridge: DaisyMae; Darwin; Mareki; Mambo; Pika; Cricky; Reggie & Bobo, Pepe & Bittah


Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: sugarglidersuz] #576660
06/25/08 01:40 PM
06/25/08 01:40 PM

S
Soh
Unregistered
Soh
Unregistered
S



They're so cute! hug2

Thank you for the videos. It's very useful and helpful to get to see joeys in different levels of health/strength in action, so I'll know what sort of signs to look for if we ever get any more babies over here. I'm sure I'm not the only one grateful for that. laugh

Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: ] #576673
06/25/08 02:01 PM
06/25/08 02:01 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 13,748
Vincennes, IN, USA
suggiemom1980 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
suggiemom1980  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 13,748
Vincennes, IN, USA
Normally, I would have been devastated to see the video of the little boy with his weakened state and his rooting for a mama that isn't there, but knowing he is your hands, I am thrilled to meet him and his sister. They are in the best of hands!


Connie

812-890-9734, 24/7 Emergencies/Joey issues

SmallWorldSuggies

"The greater the challenge, the sweeter the reward"

"Glide free :rbridge: Silly "Ozball" Ozzie. You left us 11/21/12..way too soon. You're forever loved, remembered, missed."
Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: suggiemom1980] #576703
06/25/08 02:42 PM
06/25/08 02:42 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 14,788
Cleveland, Ohio
sugarglidersuz Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarglidersuz  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 14,788
Cleveland, Ohio
Sadly, every feeding is a struggle with the little guy frown I keep hoping that the next feeding will go better, but they're just not shakehead I hope he perks up soon worried


Suz Enyedy
:bb: Carina & Coobah
Allira & Gizmo :grey:
:grey: Picasso, Trinity Joy & Luna
:rbridge: DaisyMae; Darwin; Mareki; Mambo; Pika; Cricky; Reggie & Bobo, Pepe & Bittah


Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: sugarglidersuz] #576710
06/25/08 02:49 PM
06/25/08 02:49 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 5,725
Upstate NY
glidergrl1513 Offline
Serious Glideritis
glidergrl1513  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 5,725
Upstate NY
hug2 This little boy will stay in my thoughts and prayers. I sure hope he gets stronger soon!

Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: sugarglidersuz] #576729
06/25/08 03:06 PM
06/25/08 03:06 PM

B
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
B



Hey Suz... I'm hand feeding 2 babies now also... Need some late night chat?.. call me.. we can sync up our feeding schedule!

Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: ] #576848
06/25/08 05:37 PM
06/25/08 05:37 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 14,788
Cleveland, Ohio
sugarglidersuz Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarglidersuz  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 14,788
Cleveland, Ohio
cry Sadly, at 5:18 p.m. today, the little boy passed over the Rainbow Bridge cry I was fearful of this all day and suspected it would happen by this evening. Unfortunately, I was right cry
His sister continues to hold her own and is still being cared for by Coobah and Carina. I can only hope and pray that they will continue to care for her heart
Thanks for all of your prayers and encouraging words. They have meant a lot to me hug2 hug2 hug2

Moving this over to Rainbow Memorials now... cry


Suz Enyedy
:bb: Carina & Coobah
Allira & Gizmo :grey:
:grey: Picasso, Trinity Joy & Luna
:rbridge: DaisyMae; Darwin; Mareki; Mambo; Pika; Cricky; Reggie & Bobo, Pepe & Bittah


Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: sugarglidersuz] #576852
06/25/08 05:49 PM
06/25/08 05:49 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 2,501
Parsons, Kansas
dranger1108 Offline
Glider Addict
dranger1108  Offline
Glider Addict

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 2,501
Parsons, Kansas

sorry for the loss of your little boy



:grey: Michelle's Sugar Glider Babies & Toys :wfb:
USDA licensed breeder
http://www.freewebs.com/michellesugarbabytoys/index.htm
Neat glider themed products!
:glider: http://www.zazzle.com/dranger1108/products :glider:
Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: dranger1108] #576856
06/25/08 05:56 PM
06/25/08 05:56 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 5,725
Upstate NY
glidergrl1513 Offline
Serious Glideritis
glidergrl1513  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 5,725
Upstate NY
hug2 I'm so sorry Suz. upset

Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: glidergrl1513] #576857
06/25/08 05:57 PM
06/25/08 05:57 PM

C
chrailee
Unregistered
chrailee
Unregistered
C



i am sorry suz

Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: dranger1108] #576860
06/25/08 05:59 PM
06/25/08 05:59 PM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 21,060
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 21,060
Kansas
cry cry I'm so sorry Suz hug2 hug2 Keeping you and the other little one in my prayers. Even though your time here was short, the love that was given will live forever in your heart. God Speed Sweet little one. gangel

Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: LSardou] #576866
06/25/08 06:09 PM
06/25/08 06:09 PM

S
SandSmammas
Unregistered
SandSmammas
Unregistered
S



cry cry cry
You are truly a great person Suz! To think, you are helping me with my "crisis" and still had one of your own to work on! I am so sorry and am sending prayers for you little girl your way! hug2 hug2

Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: ] #576873
06/25/08 06:20 PM
06/25/08 06:20 PM

S
Soh
Unregistered
Soh
Unregistered
S



I'm so sorry he didn't make it. frown I hope his sister has better luck. hug2

Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: ] #576922
06/25/08 07:28 PM
06/25/08 07:28 PM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 19,742
in my happy place
S
sugarlope Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarlope  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
S

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 19,742
in my happy place
I am so sorry Suz, he couldn't have had a better chance than what you gave him and I know he felt love every moment. hug2


~Gretchen

If we never loved, then maybe we would never feel pain. Love anyway. It's worth it.
Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: sugarlope] #576936
06/25/08 07:44 PM
06/25/08 07:44 PM

M
MangoGlider
Unregistered
MangoGlider
Unregistered
M



I'm so sorry i was hoping he would make it, i hope the parents take good care of their little girl.

Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: sugarlope] #576937
06/25/08 07:45 PM
06/25/08 07:45 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,360
Ft. Pierce, FL
thefotokat Offline
Glider Slave
thefotokat  Offline
Glider Slave

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,360
Ft. Pierce, FL
I'm so sorry, Suz. You gave him all the love any glider could hope for. I'll keep prayers coming for his sister to keep growing stronger.

Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: sugarglidersuz] #576944
06/25/08 08:13 PM
06/25/08 08:13 PM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 11,015
MA
pappy1264 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 11,015
MA
Suz, I am so very sorry. Sometimes it is beyond our control, but know you gave him so much love and did all you could. God bless and Godspeed.


Timmy, Gidget(RIP), Bandit, Petey(RIP), Phoebe, Jake (RIP) Piper(RIP), Pru(RIP), Paige, Cole, Molly(RIP), Oliver, Wyatt, Roo(RIP), Romeo, Pennie, Mandy(RIP), Madison, Garth, Kikipoo, Stasia, Bella, Petunia(RIP), Helen, Sydney, Kizzy and Sweet Pea's mom,
Mary
Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: pappy1264] #576951
06/25/08 08:25 PM
06/25/08 08:25 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,008
Greeley, CO
Usha77 Offline
Glider Addict
Usha77  Offline
Glider Addict

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,008
Greeley, CO
hug2 I am so sorry, Suz.


Brenda
970-616-2872
mlove
Gliders: Eugene, Sandy, Seri; Bobbi, Spice; Star, Squiddi; Pearl, Pip; Petrie; Jimny, Pinocchio; Anna & Elsa
Dogs: Nacho & Dory
RIP my glider angels: Nynaeve, Poppy, Lan, Toffee, Zoey, Tika & Tas

mlove

www.sugargroup.org






Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: Usha77] #576969
06/25/08 09:10 PM
06/25/08 09:10 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 14,788
Cleveland, Ohio
sugarglidersuz Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarglidersuz  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 14,788
Cleveland, Ohio
Thanks everyone hug2 My husband and I buried him under the Weeping Willow tree very close to Pika & Cricky's graves (he's one of their many grandson's - Coobah was their youngest son) heart I know that they are taking care of him at the Rainbow Bridge now heart

His sister is continuing to do well although she has some dry skin under her neck worried I'm applying some Aquaphor ointment to the area in hopes that it will speed healing of the dryness. Tonight she's up to 13.0 grams and she's sleeping in my bra right now with a full tummy of her mother's milk clap


Suz Enyedy
:bb: Carina & Coobah
Allira & Gizmo :grey:
:grey: Picasso, Trinity Joy & Luna
:rbridge: DaisyMae; Darwin; Mareki; Mambo; Pika; Cricky; Reggie & Bobo, Pepe & Bittah


Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: sugarglidersuz] #576992
06/25/08 09:33 PM
06/25/08 09:33 PM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 11,015
MA
pappy1264 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 11,015
MA
Awww, they will take god care of him.

Sending prayers the little girl continues to thrive.


Timmy, Gidget(RIP), Bandit, Petey(RIP), Phoebe, Jake (RIP) Piper(RIP), Pru(RIP), Paige, Cole, Molly(RIP), Oliver, Wyatt, Roo(RIP), Romeo, Pennie, Mandy(RIP), Madison, Garth, Kikipoo, Stasia, Bella, Petunia(RIP), Helen, Sydney, Kizzy and Sweet Pea's mom,
Mary
Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: ] #577005
06/25/08 09:55 PM
06/25/08 09:55 PM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,113
Michigan
S
sugeebaby Offline
Glider Slave
sugeebaby  Offline
Glider Slave
S

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,113
Michigan
I am so sorry Suz. I will continue to pray that the little girl will survive and be strong.


Karen
President of The Glider Initiative
:bb: The Glider Crue :grey:

The Pampered Glider

The Glider Initiative
Have you educated someone today?


Re: Need Prayers for Rejected Joeys [Re: sugeebaby] #577152
06/26/08 01:56 AM
06/26/08 01:56 AM

F
FaesMomma
Unregistered
FaesMomma
Unregistered
F



Awww I'm so sorry the little boy didn't make it hug2 Will continue to pray for the little girl

Both Joeys Have Passed Over Now... [Re: ] #577185
06/26/08 05:47 AM
06/26/08 05:47 AM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 14,788
Cleveland, Ohio
sugarglidersuz Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarglidersuz  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 14,788
Cleveland, Ohio
Despite all my efforts, the little girl passed over the Rainbow Bridge at about 4:30 this morning cry Once Coobah & Carina awakened last evening, they started leaving her alone again. So, back to hand feeding her and keeping her in my bra at 9 o'clock last night. At about 2 a.m. I was up to feed her and tried to put her back with her parents. I suspected she was nearing the end when Coobah grabbed her by the tail and started to nip at her face blush I took her back away from them, gave her another feeding and tucked her back in my bra. Sadly, she just didn't make it cry

Thanks again to everyone for your prayers, concern and comforting thoughts/sentiments. They mean so very much to me hug2


Suz Enyedy
:bb: Carina & Coobah
Allira & Gizmo :grey:
:grey: Picasso, Trinity Joy & Luna
:rbridge: DaisyMae; Darwin; Mareki; Mambo; Pika; Cricky; Reggie & Bobo, Pepe & Bittah


Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: Both Joeys Have Passed Over Now... [Re: sugarglidersuz] #577195
06/26/08 07:59 AM
06/26/08 07:59 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,089
Central Connecticut
BCChins Offline
Glider Addict
BCChins  Offline
Glider Addict

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,089
Central Connecticut
I am very sorry Suz. hug2


Have a Good Day
Brenda &
Mr. Magoo

Friendly Reminder please have an e-collar ready before you need it......
Re: Both Joeys Have Passed Over Now... [Re: sugarglidersuz] #577199
06/26/08 08:11 AM
06/26/08 08:11 AM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 11,015
MA
pappy1264 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 11,015
MA
Awwww, Suz, I am so very sorry they didn't make it. Maybe there was something you couldn't see, but mom and dad knew. I know it doesn't really make it hurt less, but know you did all you could. Godspeed little angel. Now you and your brother can snuggle again.


Timmy, Gidget(RIP), Bandit, Petey(RIP), Phoebe, Jake (RIP) Piper(RIP), Pru(RIP), Paige, Cole, Molly(RIP), Oliver, Wyatt, Roo(RIP), Romeo, Pennie, Mandy(RIP), Madison, Garth, Kikipoo, Stasia, Bella, Petunia(RIP), Helen, Sydney, Kizzy and Sweet Pea's mom,
Mary
Re: Both Joeys Have Passed Over Now... [Re: pappy1264] #577206
06/26/08 08:30 AM
06/26/08 08:30 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,884
Wyoming
tbull Offline
Glider Addict
tbull  Offline
Glider Addict

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,884
Wyoming
So sorry for your loss. cry hug2 Now they can be together forever. hug2


T~
www.lovegliders.com

** Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for
you are crunchy and taste good with catsup **

*Proud to forever be a Boo-Boo and BJ Fan!*

Re: Both Joeys Have Passed Over Now... [Re: tbull] #577227
06/26/08 09:32 AM
06/26/08 09:32 AM

S
Soh
Unregistered
Soh
Unregistered
S



I'm so sad to hear this, I was really hoping she would be all right. hug2

Re: Both Joeys Have Passed Over Now... [Re: tbull] #577235
06/26/08 09:49 AM
06/26/08 09:49 AM

S
SandSmammas
Unregistered
SandSmammas
Unregistered
S



I am so sorry Suz. You are in my prayers! hug2

Re: Both Joeys Have Passed Over Now... [Re: ] #577248
06/26/08 10:03 AM
06/26/08 10:03 AM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,008
Greeley, CO
Usha77 Offline
Glider Addict
Usha77  Offline
Glider Addict

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,008
Greeley, CO
hug2 hug2 hug2 hug2 I am so sorry. frown


Brenda
970-616-2872
mlove
Gliders: Eugene, Sandy, Seri; Bobbi, Spice; Star, Squiddi; Pearl, Pip; Petrie; Jimny, Pinocchio; Anna & Elsa
Dogs: Nacho & Dory
RIP my glider angels: Nynaeve, Poppy, Lan, Toffee, Zoey, Tika & Tas

mlove

www.sugargroup.org






Re: Both Joeys Have Passed Over Now... [Re: ] #577249
06/26/08 10:04 AM
06/26/08 10:04 AM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,945
Miami, Fl
reeny Offline
Glider Slave
reeny  Offline
Glider Slave

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,945
Miami, Fl
I am so sorry Suz!


Reeny
&
"The Flower Patch Gang"

Blossom & Buttercup
Bella & Bug
Mona & Poppy
Hannah & Lucas
Petunia & Payton
Petals
Fiona & Fiorello
Lili & Tulip & Krinkles

www.moonovermiamigliders.com




Re: Both Joeys Have Passed Over Now... [Re: reeny] #577254
06/26/08 10:11 AM
06/26/08 10:11 AM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 21,060
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 21,060
Kansas
cry My heart is breaking for you Suz. Sending you many hugs and prayers. hug2 Godspeed sweet little baby girl. gangel

Re: Both Joeys Have Passed Over Now... [Re: LSardou] #577266
06/26/08 10:31 AM
06/26/08 10:31 AM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 5,725
Upstate NY
glidergrl1513 Offline
Serious Glideritis
glidergrl1513  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 5,725
Upstate NY
upset I'm so sorry Suz. hug2 They were in the best possible hands.

Re: Both Joeys Have Passed Over Now... [Re: glidergrl1513] #577271
06/26/08 10:43 AM
06/26/08 10:43 AM

B
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
B



Aww Suz... I am so sorry...

Re: Both Joeys Have Passed Over Now... [Re: ] #577308
06/26/08 12:36 PM
06/26/08 12:36 PM
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 43,322
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 43,322
LittleRock, AR USA
Suz, I am so sorry. No one could have done more for these two little ones.


Your Sugar Glider Resource Center
Sugar Glider Help


Re: Both Joeys Have Passed Over Now... [Re: ] #577328
06/26/08 01:24 PM
06/26/08 01:24 PM

V
Vickirs
Unregistered
Vickirs
Unregistered
V



So sorry to hear that Suz.... My thoughts are with you.

Re: Both Joeys Have Passed Over Now... [Re: ] #577389
06/26/08 03:33 PM
06/26/08 03:33 PM

M
MangoGlider
Unregistered
MangoGlider
Unregistered
M



hug2 hug2 hug2 hug2 im so sorry. she was doing so well, i thought she was going to make it. gangel

Re: Both Joeys Have Passed Over Now... [Re: ] #577391
06/26/08 03:36 PM
06/26/08 03:36 PM

P
partyofsix
Unregistered
partyofsix
Unregistered
P



cry I'm so sorry, Suz. hug2 The boys send their love. hug2 hug2 hug2

Re: Both Joeys Have Passed Over Now... [Re: ] #577394
06/26/08 03:45 PM
06/26/08 03:45 PM

K
KittyKatLPN
Unregistered
KittyKatLPN
Unregistered
K



I'm so sorry to hear of this! My gliders Mei Ling and Leo had two joeys oop and rejected them around day 5 and Kris (Babylovegliders) is hand feeding two of my babies right now. I don't know what I'd do without her and from what I understand she learned alot about the situation from you. So far they are both doing well. I get daily reports from her about them too! I hope you can feel better knowing that you have a part in the success that she is having with them right now!

Re: Both Joeys Have Passed Over Now... [Re: ] #577480
06/26/08 07:15 PM
06/26/08 07:15 PM
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 9,173
Edwardsville, Kansas 66113
Judie Offline
Serious Glideritis
Judie  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 9,173
Edwardsville, Kansas 66113
It saddens me also to read that both babies have passed.

You take care. hug2


Re: Both Joeys Have Passed Over Now... [Re: Judie] #577527
06/26/08 08:58 PM
06/26/08 08:58 PM
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,968
Northeast Indiana
minkasmom Offline
Serious Glideritis
minkasmom  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,968
Northeast Indiana
cry


Minkasmom (Papillon Kisses)
Slave to:
25 gliders,4 cats,
and ONE husband (can't handle two, lol!)
gangel Remembering all my lost loves cry
Re: Both Joeys Have Passed Over Now... [Re: minkasmom] #577996
06/27/08 05:36 PM
06/27/08 05:36 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,526
Columbia, Missouri
kthiessen Offline
Glider Addict
kthiessen  Offline
Glider Addict

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,526
Columbia, Missouri
I'm so sorry. hug2


~ Kathy ~

Re: Both Joeys Have Passed Over Now... [Re: kthiessen] #578524
06/28/08 03:52 PM
06/28/08 03:52 PM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,025
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,025
Wisconsin
Sue,

I am so sorry that you lost both of the joeys. It is so hard to lose the little ones.


Kimberley
Feathers-Sweetie, Mister Peanut & Big Mack
Fur-Guinan, Mr. Spock, T'Mir, Cho, Toothless, Maverick & Maharet :bb: T'Pol, Elizabeth & Curzon :wfb: TY, TJ, Light Fury, Madison & T'Pring :rtmo:
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker, Khayman and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

Re: Both Joeys Have Passed Over Now... [Re: Feather] #578529
06/28/08 04:01 PM
06/28/08 04:01 PM
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,400
Tulsa, OK, USA
S
SweetGliders Offline
Glider Slave
SweetGliders  Offline
Glider Slave
S

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,400
Tulsa, OK, USA
Suz,
I was sadden when I read this. I am so sorry you lost your babies. I know how yo feel I have been there. Just keep in mind those babies know how much they were loved in the short time they were part of your life. Sending huggs and healing prayers your way. hug2 hug2 hug2

Anita heart


Anita heart
www.mysweetgliders.com

Owned by many Gliders & Cats + Wife to a Wonderful & Understanding Husband

Re: Both Joeys Have Passed Over Now... [Re: SweetGliders] #578809
06/28/08 11:45 PM
06/28/08 11:45 PM
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,305
USA
sweetheart26 Offline
Glider Addict
sweetheart26  Offline
Glider Addict

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,305
USA

Im so sorry for your loss, im crying..because its so sad..:(







mom to sugar gliders storm,thunder,lighting,snowball,rosebud,winter,string,summer fall and sweet.



Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page



Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 11,964 guests, and 866 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
koalascemo, xLizzx, SugarGliderSuppe, GliderMaClassic, mberodes
7409 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,425
Posts159,386
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,410
Most Online48,678
Jul 1st, 2026
Last 10 New Topics
Pre Made TPG Food
by SugarGliderSuppe. 09/11/26 02:34 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
1,088,580 TEXAS
840,893 OHIO
647,898 OKLAHOMA
613,425 UTAH
459,683 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox



Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2026
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software
(Release build 20180918)
Page Time: 0.078s Queries: 14 (0.044s) Memory: 4.0350 MB (Peak: 4.7659 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2026-10-05 06:37:56 UTC