Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What makes it worth it?What reward is there? #1275979
07/21/12 12:18 AM
07/21/12 12:18 AM
US
Tagerlilly18 Offline OP
Joey Member
Tagerlilly18  Offline OP
Joey Member

US
what makes all the hard work worth it all in the end? What reward is there that makes it all worth it?

Proud owner of
- Gizmo :grey:
Re: What makes it worth it?What reward is there? [Re: Tagerlilly18] #1275980
07/21/12 12:21 AM
07/21/12 12:21 AM
Artie, WV
Angellica Offline
Glider Lover
Angellica  Offline
Glider Lover

Artie, WV
You mean your gliders being bonded to you?

Angellica :DD
9 wonderful suggies
Meeka,Ivory :wfb: Dazzle, Dervish :bb: Larten,Athena :wfb: Domino :leu: Hodge, Lyla :bb:
Min Pin: Rebel
Cat: Blazer
Pig: Charlotte Webb. <3
Re: What makes it worth it?What reward is there? [Re: Tagerlilly18] #1275983
07/21/12 12:28 AM
07/21/12 12:28 AM
US
Tagerlilly18 Offline OP
Joey Member
Tagerlilly18  Offline OP
Joey Member

US
haha yeah

Proud owner of
Re: What makes it worth it?What reward is there? [Re: Tagerlilly18] #1275984
07/21/12 12:32 AM
07/21/12 12:32 AM
Artie, WV
Angellica Offline
Glider Lover
Angellica  Offline
Glider Lover

Artie, WV
I love the fact I can hold and love on my Gliders without them attacking me, lol. It feels good to know they love you too. When I sit and talk to mine they move their head like they disagree or agree, it's so cute :DD

Angellica :DD
9 wonderful suggies
Meeka,Ivory :wfb: Dazzle, Dervish :bb: Larten,Athena :wfb: Domino :leu: Hodge, Lyla :bb:
Min Pin: Rebel
Cat: Blazer
Pig: Charlotte Webb. <3
Re: What makes it worth it?What reward is there? [Re: Angellica] #1275989
07/21/12 01:52 AM
07/21/12 01:52 AM
Pensacola, fl
Gizmo121 Offline
Glider Lover
Gizmo121  Offline
Glider Lover

Pensacola, fl
Originally Posted By: Angellica
I love the fact I can hold and love on my Gliders without them attacking me, lol. It feels good to know they love you too. When I sit and talk to mine they move their head like they disagree or agree, it's so cute :DD

:agreed:

proud owner of
two dogs
one cat
one bearded dragon
:grey: gizmo and :grey: piper
and one beta fish (:
Re: What makes it worth it?What reward is there? [Re: Tagerlilly18] #1275995
07/21/12 05:46 AM
07/21/12 05:46 AM
New Jersey
JillMarie Offline
Serious Glideritis
JillMarie  Offline
Serious Glideritis

New Jersey
Originally Posted By: Tagerlilly18
what makes all the hard work worth it all in the end? What reward is there that makes it all worth it?

hmmmmmm, first of all for ME, I dont consider it "work"

my reward, well, thats a tough one as there are so many. My reward is a small person the size of my hand yet she has chosen to trust me. That feels good smile I also know that while I have robbed them of a life living free in the tops of trees, I also give them a full life, as best I can anyway. I try to go by the old adage "do unto others..." and I feel this is no different for the furred people God has put into my life.

I truly love my gliders as family, to the definition of love: "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."

so this is how I treat them, whether I will get a reward or not, but you do get one, not only in their behavior, but also inside knowing you have done the right thing.

:grey: Bosom Buddy Creations:grey:
^website link wink

Remember that God Loves You!
Re: What makes it worth it?What reward is there? [Re: Tagerlilly18] #1276000
07/21/12 07:04 AM
07/21/12 07:04 AM
Panama City, FL
mmatt Offline
Glider Slave
mmatt  Offline
Glider Slave

Panama City, FL
For me, I didn't know what I was getting into. I bought 2 gliders from (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets and brought them home. Max was a gem, only bit me twice and then became my baby boy...would run around on me and let me love on him. And then there was Ruby...she was a crabby biter that just did not trust me at all. I was an idiot and went way too fast with her and she did not respond well...continued to crab and bite me. I worked with Ruby for a year and that first time she licked my face was all worth the time I had spent. She doesn't do it often but when she snuggles with me I am in heaven. It's not work, it's love and trust.

Mary
Mom to Max :grey: , Cynder :wfb: ,Polar :rtmo: ,Toby :grey: and my 5 barkers...Cinnamon, Piper, Sandy and Charley
Re: What makes it worth it?What reward is there? [Re: mmatt] #1276079
07/21/12 04:01 PM
07/21/12 04:01 PM
Finally in the Mountains!
sitkasmom Offline
Glider Addict
sitkasmom  Offline
Glider Addict

Finally in the Mountains!
I don't describe taking in animals as work. Its adding a member to the family. To me, it is a great honor to have an animal choose to be with you and depend on you.

Learning how each other views things without being able to talk is probably the biggest challenge to overcome. After enough time you learn how to communicate with each other in your own way. They need to learn how to communicate with us as much as we need to learn from them.

The first time my animals seek me out for comfort is the best feeling ever..

"Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy."

Two Boys
Sitka,
Pudge

Monkeys:
Nanuk, Dayz & Elfie
MudBug & Tista
Teemo & Rune (Cyndra gangel )
Lils, Razz & Nut

Re: What makes it worth it?What reward is there? [Re: Tagerlilly18] #1276159
07/21/12 11:58 PM
07/21/12 11:58 PM
Saint Louis MO
xSwtxSugaX Offline
Glider Addict
xSwtxSugaX  Offline
Glider Addict

Saint Louis MO
My Glider Button was the hardest of my gliders to bond with. She was scared, timid, crabby and pouch protective. I took my time with her and she started to slowly come around.

One night as I was laying in bed watching tv, I heard her bark like I have never heard before. I sat up to see her dangling in the air with each hand stuck on two different pouches. She was twisting and barking and just freaking out! I ran to her cage and freed her! Ever since that night when I open the cage, she jumps right out and onto me, sits on my shoulder and chills. She freaks out when other people reach in her pouch, but if its me... not a peep, just a lot of kisses!

Earning a gliders trust is alot of work. Earning anyones trust can be hardwork. You have to prove something to them, that sometimes takes time. In the end, you form a connection, a special bond! Earning there trust, only makes the relationships that much more special!

"The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals"

*Stitch* :grey: *Button* :wfb: *Charlie* :leu:

Cats: Rista and Cali

~*Stacie*~
Re: What makes it worth it?What reward is there? [Re: Tagerlilly18] #1276173
07/22/12 12:36 AM
07/22/12 12:36 AM
Vincennes, IN, USA
suggiemom1980 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
suggiemom1980  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Vincennes, IN, USA
When they can't wait their turn for tent time with you, when they're scared and run to you and down your shirt, when they give you kisses, when they groom you, when a glider who has bitten you ever day for 18 months, suddenly decides to trust you, when they nyitch for you as you walk into the room, when they cling to you in their sleep, when they snuggle in your bra for the first time, when they look at you and you can see the love in your eyes and know, they love you as much as you love them, when you feel lost without your suggies with you when you go somewhere you just can't take them, when you wake up every couple of hours and before gong to the bathroom, you have to check on your babies.....I could go on and on, but I think it would be never ending.

Connie

812-890-9734, 24/7 Emergencies/Joey issues

SmallWorldSuggies

"The greater the challenge, the sweeter the reward"

"Glide free :rbridge: Silly "Ozball" Ozzie. You left us 11/21/12..way too soon. You're forever loved, remembered, missed."
Re: What makes it worth it?What reward is there? [Re: Tagerlilly18] #1276174
07/22/12 12:39 AM
07/22/12 12:39 AM
Big Sandy TN
Sherri Offline
Glider Addict
Sherri  Offline
Glider Addict

Big Sandy TN
I know I cannot live my life with out them when I can't sleep with out glider noise.

I have to have glider noise to fall asleep!

Last edited by Sherri; 07/22/12 12:40 AM.

sherri

Forever home to a wide variety of animals, domestic, farm and exotic.
My passion is my little suggie sweethearts! 731-441-9814

http://www.newbysglidernook.com/index.html
Re: What makes it worth it?What reward is there? [Re: suggiemom1980] #1276182
07/22/12 01:19 AM
07/22/12 01:19 AM
US
Tagerlilly18 Offline OP
Joey Member
Tagerlilly18  Offline OP
Joey Member

US
wow thank you so much. This is like exactly what i was looking for =)

Proud owner of
Re: What makes it worth it?What reward is there? [Re: Tagerlilly18] #1276187
07/22/12 05:30 AM
07/22/12 05:30 AM
Martinsburg, WV
myliljadagirl Offline
Glider Guardian
myliljadagirl  Offline
Glider Guardian

Martinsburg, WV
The rewards are endless...and although sometimes at first something appears ” hopeless” it is worth it! I agree with other...it is not ”work” but can it be hard...or exhausting...or painful...OF COURSE. But arnt all relationships? That is what we are trying to build...and we have a bit of a disadvantage we are 50x larger...don't speak their language, and their natural instincts tell them they should be fearful of us. We have to prove to them...we are worthy...NOT the other way around.
So once you have done that...
It is, when they jump on the side of the cage when you walk into the room...and then follow you to the other side of the cage because you haven't gotten them out fast enough...it is when they want to be with no one but you...it its when they are fast asleep...and you can do anything you want with them and they do not wake up...because you are their safe zone. It is when a glider that lived his life in pure fear...every second...of every day...and resorted to lunging and bitting for the first 8 months you owned him...now wants your company, and is starting to bark for you to come into the room. (yup...talking about Preston) it is when you forget what life was like BG (before Gliders) and giggle because you can't imagine how you lived w/o them. It is when you come home from a hard day at work...and they put their little hands on either side of your chin...and just bathe you with kisses. I honestly could go on...and on...and on! They are worth it...the relationships...are worth it...the un conditional love...is worth it! :thumb2:
And anyone that says they are not...are not worthy of them!

Cole-Mum to
8 Gliders-
Peppermint :leu: & Porsche
Jada, & Orchid :grey:
Benz, :rtmo: Gomer
Preston & Lina :wfb:
:rbridge: Sydney, & Ozzie!
www.Facebook.com/naturalglider
www.Naturalglider.weebly.com

Re: What makes it worth it?What reward is there? [Re: Tagerlilly18] #1276190
07/22/12 07:31 AM
07/22/12 07:31 AM
Central Connecticut
BCChins Offline
Glider Addict
BCChins  Offline
Glider Addict

Central Connecticut
Having a glider go from not trusting anyone as it came to you from a human who never gave it the time/love and care it needs to having that same glider learn though your loving care that you are trustworthy and lick your face because it now knows you are not going to harm them. It may take time and love but it is not work. It will warm your heart and give you the satisfaction of knowing you are accepted and trusted.

Having a glider sleep in your hand holding onto your finger while they sleep and if you try to pull it away the grab tighter really makes it all worth it.

Have a Good Day
Brenda &
Mr. Magoo

Friendly Reminder please have an e-collar ready before you need it......
Re: What makes it worth it?What reward is there? [Re: Tagerlilly18] #1276226
07/22/12 10:38 AM
07/22/12 10:38 AM
New Jersey
etrnalsunshinee Offline
Glider Slave
etrnalsunshinee  Offline
Glider Slave

New Jersey
When my outgoing glider Micah goes out of her way to give me a kiss when I make kissie noises with my lips mlove

Amy

:wfb: Micah
:wfb: Momo
Re: What makes it worth it?What reward is there? [Re: Tagerlilly18] #1276412
07/23/12 01:05 AM
07/23/12 01:05 AM
US
Tagerlilly18 Offline OP
Joey Member
Tagerlilly18  Offline OP
Joey Member

US
Thank you all so much for your responses =) Will every Glider become that trusting and loving of you i know some may take longer than others but in the end when they are really bonded will any glider act like that towards their owner once bonded fully?

Proud owner of
Re: What makes it worth it?What reward is there? [Re: Tagerlilly18] #1276413
07/23/12 01:32 AM
07/23/12 01:32 AM
Martinsburg, WV
myliljadagirl Offline
Glider Guardian
myliljadagirl  Offline
Glider Guardian

Martinsburg, WV
There is no way to be sure with that. Each and every glider is different...their personalities are different...the way ther think...the way they process is different to the next. That also included the way they love. Some Gliders love you after just a few short days...others are much more reserved, and hold back. We even have a glider that although he is a complete different glider them the day we got him...he still just recently started barking for us when he is scared of something. We had never heared him bark for almost 11 months...and we have had him and his wife for over a year...2 months ago he began barking...and I will go in to the glider room...and talk to him...and then he is fine! We can pet him...and can take him out of the cage...but he will only stay on us for a short time. We can not cuddle with him yet...we can not give him kisses...we can not shower him in love like we want to...we have to admire him from afar. I say yet though...because as far as he has come...I can not believe it just stops...and we can not go any farther...it may not be for another 5yrs...but I have faith it will happen!
The important thing is giving into the fact that if you rush things...they will never trust you...and push you backwards. So even though we can not be positive...I feel that every glider/owner has the potential...it is just depending on how long one is willing to wait! :thumb2:

Cole-Mum to
8 Gliders-
Peppermint :leu: & Porsche
Jada, & Orchid :grey:
Benz, :rtmo: Gomer
Preston & Lina :wfb:
:rbridge: Sydney, & Ozzie!
www.Facebook.com/naturalglider
www.Naturalglider.weebly.com

Re: What makes it worth it?What reward is there? [Re: Tagerlilly18] #1276419
07/23/12 03:02 AM
07/23/12 03:02 AM
New Jersey
JillMarie Offline
Serious Glideritis
JillMarie  Offline
Serious Glideritis

New Jersey
Originally Posted By: Tagerlilly18
Thank you all so much for your responses =) Will every Glider become that trusting and loving of you i know some may take longer than others but in the end when they are really bonded will any glider act like that towards their owner once bonded fully?

Just like humans, they will show their love in different ways.

:grey: Bosom Buddy Creations:grey:
^website link wink

Remember that God Loves You!
Re: What makes it worth it?What reward is there? [Re: Tagerlilly18] #1276483
07/23/12 12:06 PM
07/23/12 12:06 PM
80 acres of paradise in KS
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

80 acres of paradise in KS
Gliders, like all animals, recognize another animals mouth.

When a glider trusts you enough to give licky kisses on your lower lip or goes nose to nose with you...that is real trust.

The relationship with gliders is so often called "bonding/bonded" but that only comes after trust building. Before a glider can become bonded, they first have to learn that you are worthy of their trust. (and you learn to trust them too) Once that trust is there, it is an every day thing to keep it. Also, once that trust is there, then the bonds can begin to form.

Each glider is different and their level of bonding varies. But even if you have 4 different trustful and bonded gliders, your relationship will be different with each one. Each glider has his/her own quirk. His/her own likes/dislikes.

But if you look into their eyes and you have an open heart and mind, they can speak to you. They can tell you what they want, what they need, how they feel.

Yes, it absolutely is worth it no matter how long it takes.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: What makes it worth it?What reward is there? [Re: Tagerlilly18] #1276549
07/23/12 03:22 PM
07/23/12 03:22 PM
New Orleans, LA
nolagliders Offline
Joey Member
nolagliders  Offline
Joey Member

New Orleans, LA
I love how mine get all excited when I enter the room. I love how they come to the doors of the cage anxiously awaiting me to open it so they can come out to play with me. I love that they would rather be with/on me and feel that they are most safe with me than run away and hide. I love how if something frightens them they crawl in my shirt or pocket for comfort.

To me EVERY aspect of these creatures makes it worth it. They are so loving and social it amazes me.

:grey: Mia & Mya :grey:
:wfb: Jasper & Toby :wfb:
:wfb: Baby Rose

Re: What makes it worth it?What reward is there? [Re: Tagerlilly18] #1276958
07/25/12 01:12 AM
07/25/12 01:12 AM
Vulcan, MO
Meg_n_Von Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Meg_n_Von  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Vulcan, MO
I wouldn't even know where to start! There are just SO many benefits and rewards - way too many to list... :O)

Megan & LaVaughn

Sugar Exotics

:bb: Kira :grey: Sadie - Neal :wfb: Pip - Violet :rtmo: Logan - Charli - Tyler - Seamus :plat: Chloe - Cas :leu: Boone

RIP David
Your life was short lived, but your memory will last forever.

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 422 guests, and 80 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,580 TEXAS
679,078 OHIO
487,159 OKLAHOMA
432,164 UTAH
321,689 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024