Travel cage for chewers
by cuttlefish. 02/18/21 07:50 PM
2021 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/18/21 07:10 PM
Cage accessories
by CChipman. 02/16/21 07:26 AM
Our first babies
by CChipman. 02/15/21 09:14 AM
Freedom Wheel floor stand for Stealth Wheel?
by Ladymagyver. 02/14/21 12:24 PM
Are these humidifiers safe?
by cookielover. 02/13/21 11:19 AM
Feeling frustrated
by Ladymagyver. 02/10/21 12:28 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
A Welcome Message

On behalf of the Owners, Administrators, and Moderators, welcome to the GliderCENTRAL Home Page. We have been serving the glider community for about nine years now with more than 275,000 posts for the purpose of sharing glider information while providing a family type of atmosphere. Both veteran and new members are welcome. Our main mission is to help Sugar Gliders and their owners with illness questions or general glider care. We are a PG rated board and do not approve of flaming or bashing. This board will not be involved in name calling, gossip or drama. If you have any problems or questions, please contact one of our Moderators, Administrators or the Owner.

We would like to thank everyone for making GliderCENTRAL what it is and we are glad to have you all.
Have fun, and we will strive to give all the help we can for you.

02/13/21 02:20 AM Our first babies
Hi everyone. We are planning on getting our first sugar gliders. Before jumping in, I am trying to research everything. I have read articles, watched videos, and talked with another owner. I have so many questions still. The more I learn, the more I want to know. There is so much I formation out there, and I'm finding some of it very interesting, and some of it contradictory. I can't wait! But I want to be certain to be prepared first.
3 166 Read More
01/24/21 06:03 AM Aggressive Glider
Hello,

A little back story here. Our daughter was given one female glider in a very small cage by a teacher whom couldn't have it where she was moving. Our daughter had the female glider for a little over a year. Then she told me that her hamster died because she went 2 weeks without feeding it (she does not live with us as this would not have happened here).

So I ended up taking her sugar glider and making it me own. I had the female for about a year. I got a male sugar glider companion for her. The male is insanely aggressive though. He will bite and not let go. This in turn makes him get handled less as it hurts like hell, my blood gets everywhere and I am really worried I will hurt him trying to get him to let go. His attitude has also had an impact on the female which was bonded and super friendly. So I have separated them and put them in a different cages as I dont want his bad attitude affecting the female more than it has but I really hate separating them too as it isnt a great solution for either glider. I put him in a bonding pouch for at least 3 hours a day, the first hour he spends just crabbing out in there.

My question is, when gliders are this aggressive, does it tend to pass? Is there anything I can do to improve the situation that does not involve my hand being anywhere near him? Am I better off rehoming him to somebody more equipped and experienced to handle him? I am at a total loss of what to do. Blowing makes him bite harder and does not make him back off. If he is blown on he lunges at you. Normally I would suspect abuse from former owner but I got him as a baby and I know the people I got him from well, they are not abusive.

I appreciate any advice I can get here.
3 332 Read More
01/14/21 08:42 PM Hi it's been along time, I like to to come back
Hi everyone, it's been a long time since I been on here. I am looking to adopt or rescue some gliders again into my life. Now that my family is more grown kids are way older and myself is grown more as well. I am ready to find some lovely sugar babies. Just remember I am dyslexic so might not always spell right.😊 how has life been for the glider world?
22 899 Read More
12/25/20 08:41 PM hi everyone
hello .. i'm new here
thanks for accept me
5 478 Read More
12/20/20 07:15 PM Glider Showing Signs of Passing - Options for Cage Mate
Hello, I currently have 2 sugar gliders, Charlie (9, fixed male) & Delta (11, female). I got them ~3 years ago from TPG and they were previously a breeding pair who were then retired from reproducing after about half of their lifespans. Unfortunately, Delta has been showing signs that her time is coming; she’s been making abnormal noises that seem to be discomfort. The vet says it’s possible her kidneys are failing, and because she is slightly dehydrated, blood work would be risky to tell exactly what is going on. Being that Delta is 11 and showing these signs, it’s possible she might not make a year, leaving Charlie all alone at 9 years old. I would really like some input on what the best option is for Charlie once she passes scene as I do not want to take on new gliders at this time.

I've pondered this decision ever since I got the gliders because there are so many different situations, and there doesn't seem to be a “perfect” option. I've thought of a few options and would like some input or other ideas of what I might do when the time comes. Everything is super situational so I am trying to have a plan for any scenario:

1. One option is to have found a home found for him so that he is able to be bonded asap. However, with the uncertainty of how he will react after losing his mate, especially since he is older as well, I would need to decipher how he is acting/feeling during that time to see if he is up for bonding, or if the stress of a new environment and new sugar gliders would send him over the edge.

2. Make him comfortable until he passes. Considering he’d be losing his mate of his whole life, it’s possible the grieving would send him over the edge. I’d just want to make him comfortable until his time comes

3. Put him down. I don't want to put him down immediately, but if it comes to it, and his quality of life is depleting fast (option 2), I’ll likely put him down to avoid any unnecessary suffering ie. starving himself, dehydration, depression, self-mutilation...

4. Technically finding a home for both of them now before Charlie is alone is an option as well. However, with Delta's condition I don't think sending her to a new, stressful place along with her specific care & medication would be the best scenario.

I don’t exactly know what the "right" option is. Please let me know if you guys have any other ideas, or can help me decide/discuss whether a home transfer would be too stressful for him or not. Thank you!
3 570 Read More
12/04/20 04:15 PM Hello
Alma here. have had sugar gliders for 3 weeks now. nervous I will fail. glad I found this place. great information available here. I have four girls, Congo cage, a few toys and a tube bed?.. Still learning what they need and will use. I make the BML diet and do fresh and frozen fruits and veggies plus Glider complete. and usually either applesauce or yogurt aprox. 1 tsp. nightly. I am retired so have time to spend with them. hoping they get friendlier at some point.. I make a lot of necessities like the tube bed and my bonding pouch to save money. so far seem to work well for me.
6 615 Read More
GliderCENTRAL's Features

• Forums- The forums are the heart of GliderCENTRAL (GC). Here you will find discussion on just about every thing about sugar gliders.
  • Links- The links database is comprehensive collection of links that will provide you hours of reading. The links can be added by anyone and reviews can be left and read on existing ones. Included in the Links Database, you will find the Vets List and Breeder List
  • Sounds- Hear some of sounds that gliders make. We have audio formats for both Windows Media player and Real Audio.
  • Glider Names- Almost two thousand names are here. These names were submitted by our members over the years so we have a great collection.

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Feather), 39 guests, and 372 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
cengland911, SouthernBelle, CChipman, Pecher1234, AZDrea
7206 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,193
Posts158,246
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,206
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
reminder the SGGA2021 coming up
by mechnut450. 02/19/21 08:31 PM
Travel cage for chewers
by cuttlefish. 02/18/21 07:50 PM
Been a longtime and I'm ready
by tammyangel. 02/18/21 12:43 PM
Cage accessories
by CChipman. 02/15/21 09:35 AM
Swollen Cloaca
by cookielover. 02/15/21 12:00 AM
Freedom Wheel floor stand for Stealth Wheel?
by mariad3. 02/13/21 04:28 PM
Our first babies
by CChipman. 02/12/21 09:20 PM
Are these humidifiers safe?
by cookielover. 02/09/21 05:50 PM
Hey Dawn!!!!!
by Feather. 02/07/21 12:33 AM
Feeling frustrated
by Hydrus. 02/04/21 08:33 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
814,363 TEXAS
647,894 OHIO
454,370 OKLAHOMA
403,255 UTAH
296,999 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2021