Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: How do I have the USDA pull someone's license? [Re: ] #1210685
01/01/12 03:27 AM
01/01/12 03:27 AM

C
ContessaC
Unregistered
ContessaC
Unregistered
C

OH! I have received several gifts from "Santa's Gliding Elves" and though I want to thank everyone who opened their hearts to our family...

It has come to my attention via another forum that I should clear up a few matters - so I want to take a moment to do that.

#1 - I am not ASKING ANYONE to open their wallets on our behalf. I have a good job and in time will be able to provide Nemo/Dori with anything they need.

#2 - Please do not send cash if you do choose to "help out" any and all cash received will be returned. Cards with nice words are always welcome or you can feel free to email Keith directly at KeithContessa@yahoo.com

#3 - Nemo has already been neutered. It has come to my attention that good souls here have been raffling to get a vet fund together for Nemo and Dori. I have not EVER asked or endorsed this - actually I just found out about this tonight.

#4 - I also want to make sure that all people on this board are aware - all information presented in this thread was given to me by Keith and Julie (hubby's ex) I have not verified it with my own eyes! Hence why I previously asked if anyone lived near the area to check it out with their own eyes - Regarding when the Petstore was shutdown or what the charges were. I live over 3 hours away from Keith.

When I began this thread it was merely to get some information and "how to" ...which I believe is the purpose of this forum...not to mention get Keith some positive feedback so that he knows he "did good" and people (not just me) were proud of his actions and give him positive reinforcements. Unfortunately there has been a lot of negative talk regarding my intentions.

I do have pictures of the nasty conditions of the pet store and of the handicapped Nemo and will be posting shortly. Dori, still isn't really coming out of the pouch. But when she does I'm sure Keith with snap off a few pictures.

If ANYONE has questions and/or concerns regarding my motives or just needs things cleared up...please have the decency to call or email me. I am a great many things not all of them pleasant and peaches and cream....but a liar is not among them. Please contact me off list at 352-835-1729 and Contessacrystal@gmail.com

Thank you for letting me rant.

Current Research, Studies & Resources
Re: How do I have the USDA pull someone's license? [Re: ] #1211632
01/03/12 01:43 PM
01/03/12 01:43 PM
Lutz Florida
CandyOtte Offline
Serious Glideritis
CandyOtte  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Lutz Florida
OK folks - I went on a little road trip Tuesday afternoon to check out Mr. WeeBee's Pet World. Two addresses came up on google. The first address Trouble Creek Road does not appear to have had a pet store there in some time. The other location on State Road 54 is open however.

OH MY GOD! The place was awful. I do not gag easily but this place definitely mad me feel sick.

First I see what appears to be a momma rabbit and 5 or 6 babies IN A 30 GALLON AQUARIUM, two additional aquariums had rabbits and full grown guinea pigs.

A very friendly black lab followed me around while I walked through the building.

There were prarie dogs - one in each of two small cages.

A large 3 ft Iguana was OUT SIDE (visible through a large window) sharing the enclosure with several full grown ducks, chickens and several white doves.

The place is open air - I do not think there is AC but I did feel some heat blowing from a vent - near the GLIDER CAGES

Yep - This guy is breeding gliders in the store. The cages were up on a top shelf above some fish tanks. There were 5 or 6 cages each with a tent type pouch and a large hamster wheel. Those cages were about 30 wide and about 18 inches high. There were also two larger flight cages with the same set up. One pair of gliders was out of their pouch - she apparently has 2 joeys in pouch. The guy fed them some apples and said they are usually in larger cages but in the winter he has to move the reptiles into the area he usually houses the gliders so the gliders have to go in the smaller cages (there was a barn like area out back that might be the space he was referring to.)

I did not hang around long. The cages were nasty. The two gliders I say had brown bellies and the male's tail looked as if it had been injured but not recently. It was just about half the length it should have been. The cages were also next to each other with less than 2 inches between them.

If this is where Crystal's son got the gliders I am sure they could have been injured either by the hamster wheels or from being grabbed by other gliders in adjacent cages.

I checked the USDA breeder search site and found nothing for the store name, address or even any breeders listed in New Port Richey. The guy said he has "Been in the business for 28 years" when I commented that he seemed to have a lot of different types of animals. He has two corporate names but both addresses are shown for both names - Mr. WeeBee's Pets and Mr. WeeBee's Pet World. His two Florida Corporations were dissolved by the state in 2010 for failure to file the annual report with the Florida Division of Corportions.

I got home too late on Tuesday but I did call Florida Fish and Wildlife to report the conditions of the animals this morning. They said they would send someone to check out the pet store. They did take my phone number but I do not know if they will let me know when they have inspected the store or if they take any action. Hopefully some changes will be made.

This is the worst pet store I have ever seen. I am not sure it is doing much in the way of selling anything. It almost looked more like a road side zoo than a store. There were very few pet supplies for sale, mostly reptile stuff.

In short - this store has not been shut down but certainly needs to be.

Candy Otte
& the Glider Kids
Sassy, Corky, Mehitabel & Missy
Wacco, Yacco, & Dot
Mindy, Kanobles, Elmo, & Chipper

http://www.gliderkids-diet.com

CandyOtte@aol.com
Re: How do I have the USDA pull someone's license? [Re: ] #1211638
01/03/12 01:53 PM
01/03/12 01:53 PM
Dutchess County, NY
Biscuit Offline
Glider Guardian
Biscuit  Offline
Glider Guardian

Dutchess County, NY
I have no idea how things work in Florida, but I would hope that if this guy doesn't have a license, then they would be able to shut him down, right?

~ Laurie ~
Mother to

:wfb: Topanga, :grey: Biscuit, Toby, :leu: Thor & :plat: Akiah [Kiah]

www.lauriessugglettes.weebly.com

gangel My Lost Loves, Rascal, March 30, 2012, Bugaboo, Sept 7, 2012 & Momma, Feb 27, 2013

Re: How do I have the USDA pull someone's license? [Re: ] #1211669
01/03/12 03:06 PM
01/03/12 03:06 PM
Lutz Florida
CandyOtte Offline
Serious Glideritis
CandyOtte  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Lutz Florida
sorry duplicate post

Last edited by CandyOtte; 01/03/12 03:07 PM.

Candy Otte
& the Glider Kids
Wacco, Yacco, & Dot

CandyOtte@aol.com
Re: How do I have the USDA pull someone's license? [Re: ] #1211682
01/03/12 03:40 PM
01/03/12 03:40 PM
80 acres of paradise in KS
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Quote:
A large 3 ft Iguana was OUT SIDE (visible through a large window) sharing the enclosure with several full grown ducks, chickens and several white doves.

While I have not seen the enclosure or the pet store and I'm not doubting it is as nasty as you say and I am NOT defending at all...but I do have to comment about the iguana.

I have a 4+ foot iguana and during warm weather, he LOVES to be outside. Sharing the enclosure (if done properly) with the ducks, chickens and doves should not be a problem. Iguanas are herbivores and 3 foot is to big for one of these types of birds to harm it. Iguanas are, or can be, VERY fast moving.

Candy, good job on scoping out the situation. I sure hope they do find a way to help those animals.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: How do I have the USDA pull someone's license? [Re: ] #1211689
01/03/12 04:02 PM
01/03/12 04:02 PM
Lutz Florida
CandyOtte Offline
Serious Glideritis
CandyOtte  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Lutz Florida
Dancing - even if compatible with the ducks, chickens and the other birds, there were entirely too many animals in the space - The rooster even was standing on the Iguana's back at one point.

I hope the Florid Fish & Wildlife inspector does let me know that they have done an inspection but I am not sure they will.

Candy Otte
& the Glider Kids
Wacco, Yacco, & Dot

CandyOtte@aol.com
Re: How do I have the USDA pull someone's license? [Re: ] #1211695
01/03/12 04:33 PM
01/03/12 04:33 PM
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Candy, like I said, IF done properly. Having a Roo on it's back was probably pretty stressful for the iguana.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: How do I have the USDA pull someone's license? [Re: Dancing] #1211882
01/03/12 11:27 PM
01/03/12 11:27 PM
Finally in the Mountains!
sitkasmom Offline
Glider Addict
sitkasmom  Offline
Glider Addict

I found something on myspace for this store when I binged it...

I didnt know if I could post it here, so instead I'll tell you how I found it.

bing, search words Weebee's Pet, should be the top one...

$200 for a "hand fed" baby sugar glider.

"Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy."

Two Boys
Sitka,
Pudge

Monkeys:
Nanuk, Dayz & Elfie
MudBug & Tista
Teemo & Rune (Cyndra gangel )
Lils, Razz & Nut

Re: How do I have the USDA pull someone's license? [Re: ] #1212165
01/04/12 07:58 PM
01/04/12 07:58 PM

C
ContessaC
Unregistered
ContessaC
Unregistered
C

As I've stated on previous forums and on this thread a few times...all the information given to me was given to me by Julie (Keith's bio-mom) she even read to me the email she sent in regarding the pet store. Phil - I think is the pet store owner.

I looked up the address on line and at the time only 1 came up. The Trouble Creek address and phone number. I called the phone number it was disconnected so I assumed the information given to me was correct as well.

I am sorry for passing on mis-communication on my part. If anyone who has sent Keith gifts for Nemo and Dori and with this new information in light would like said gift returned...I understand 100% and will be happy to make a trip to the post office. No hurt feelings. I understand complete how important trust is...especially online where we rarely get to SEE one another face to face.

Please PM me privately.

Thank you.

Re: How do I have the USDA pull someone's license? [Re: ] #1212169
01/04/12 08:41 PM
01/04/12 08:41 PM
sitkasmom Offline
Glider Addict
sitkasmom  Offline
Glider Addict

I don't doubt what happened at all.... I believe in you and Keith and the wonderful thing Keith did. Animal laws are too lax in this country.

It could be that the store was closed down to remove the "sick/unsellable animals" the owner was fined and once everything was back to "code of snuff" he was allowed to open back up. The owner could also have had more than one store and one point and still be using the old address... He could have also changed is company name just a little and began business again frown I see it in the title business all the time...

"Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy."

Two Boys
Sitka,
Pudge

Monkeys:
Nanuk, Dayz & Elfie
MudBug & Tista
Lils, Razz & Nut

Re: How do I have the USDA pull someone's license? [Re: ] #1212257
01/04/12 11:27 PM
01/04/12 11:27 PM

C
ContessaC
Unregistered
ContessaC
Unregistered
C

@Sitkasmom - Thanks Hun I really appreciate your faith and trust. smile

Re: How do I have the USDA pull someone's license? [Re: ] #1213924
01/08/12 05:25 PM
01/08/12 05:25 PM

C
ContessaC
Unregistered
ContessaC
Unregistered
C

hey guys after talking to the biomom (julie)

Here are some of the pictures she sent me of 2 cages from the pet store...Keith took them with his cell phone so sorry for the poor quality.

Re: How do I have the USDA pull someone's license? [Re: ] #1213931
01/08/12 05:49 PM
01/08/12 05:49 PM
Wv,USA
AmandaSnyder Offline
Glider Guardian
AmandaSnyder  Offline
Glider Guardian

Wv,USA
there so small

Amanda Lynn Snyder
Mommy & Slave To:
3 young human boys(Caleb,Cayden,Cameron)
4 :grey: Ma & Pa/ Adam & Eve

1 :rtmo: Oreo 1 :lue: Almond :wfb: Joy
1 German Shepard JaJa
Most of all Very Happy Hubby!
RIP Twix i miss u!!!
Re: How do I have the USDA pull someone's license? [Re: AmandaSnyder] #1213938
01/08/12 06:21 PM
01/08/12 06:21 PM
sitkasmom Offline
Glider Addict
sitkasmom  Offline
Glider Addict

Do they have a bigger cage now?

Do you have any pics of them?

I really wanna see the boogers in their new cage, with all their toys and stuff... :hdance:

Two Boys
Sitka,
Pudge

Monkeys:
Nanuk, Dayz & Elfie
MudBug & Tista
Lils, Razz & Nut

Re: How do I have the USDA pull someone's license? [Re: ] #1214430
01/09/12 06:58 PM
01/09/12 06:58 PM
roseville, mi
H
hwh4ev Offline
Glider Addict
hwh4ev  Offline
Glider Addict
H

roseville, mi
crystal, you should be proud of you stepson. he is setting a good example for other young and older people that dont
want to get involved.

it is very distressful that some people would question
your motives, a good thing done is just that good. i am
sorry you had to go through that.

there is always somebody around to stir up trouble, forget
abt. them.

also, it is nice that supplies were sent to help out with
these poor babies. that was very sweet and my hats off to
these glider lovers.

still hoping they can shut that terrible pet store down and
for good.

take care,
nancy in detroit

regards,
nancy in roseville (formerly in detroit)
Re: How do I have the USDA pull someone's license? [Re: ] #1214467
01/09/12 08:27 PM
01/09/12 08:27 PM
conway south carolina/ us
heidi Offline
Glider Slave
heidi  Offline
Glider Slave

oh my god look how dirty those cages are...keith is an amazing hero...no matter what...he saved the lives and did what he could. store closed or not..he is my suggies hero..yes any pics of nemo and dori yet?????

"promise me you'll always remeber:you're braver than you believe,and stronger than you seem,and smarter than you think" christopher robin to pooh
Re: How do I have the USDA pull someone's license? [Re: ] #1214495
01/09/12 08:56 PM
01/09/12 08:56 PM
Washington D.C. Metro Area
DCMuffin Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
DCMuffin  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Would love to see some pics of his cages now, with the stuff that people have sent.

Re: How do I have the USDA pull someone's license? [Re: ] #1214535
01/09/12 09:45 PM
01/09/12 09:45 PM

C
ContessaC
Unregistered
ContessaC
Unregistered
C

Aimee - A lot of the stuff is in my possession. I am going down to Tampa Bay this up and coming weekend to set up his cage, all the toys.

I was going mail everything down - but the sheer quantity of items people sent was daunting! Just got the cage liners today smile

Re: How do I have the USDA pull someone's license? [Re: sugmama77] #1215205
01/11/12 02:49 PM
01/11/12 02:49 PM
Mabelvale, Arkansas
ColonyMama Offline
Glider Lover
ColonyMama  Offline
Glider Lover

Mabelvale, Arkansas
Originally Posted By: sugmama77
YAY KEITH! What a great son you have there. Those animals have got to be rejoicing that their now in a good place and can get the kind of love they need! Glad they got shut down so your son can see that when you help/stand up for others (being animals or people) positive things will happen, and not always get over looked. If I was closer I would shake this young mans hand, maybe you can for me!

Me too!!!!

Lisa
:leu: Kasper

:grey: Aspen

:leu: Wallaby

:grey: Brauster

:grey: Shilo

two JRT's males Scout and Spencer
4 skin kids Danny-29, JR-20, Amber-16, and Wesley-3
2 grandsons Matthew--4 and Michael--3
Re: How do I have the USDA pull someone's license? [Re: ] #1215784
01/12/12 09:54 PM
01/12/12 09:54 PM
heidi Offline
Glider Slave
heidi  Offline
Glider Slave

yhea!!!im so glad that keith is such an icon now..he desirves to be in all the suggies prayers for being such a great hero..those suggies are sure going to be spoiled and with the krys kritter gift crertificate.he wont have to worrie about anything for a while. i cant wait to see pics. i hope keeps feels the suggie love

"promise me you'll always remeber:you're braver than you believe,and stronger than you seem,and smarter than you think" christopher robin to pooh
Re: How do I have the USDA pull someone's license? [Re: ] #1215863
01/13/12 12:52 AM
01/13/12 12:52 AM
DCMuffin Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
DCMuffin  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Looking forward to pics this weekend. thumb

Re: How do I have the USDA pull someone's license? [Re: DCMuffin] #1215905
01/13/12 09:48 AM
01/13/12 09:48 AM
sitkasmom Offline
Glider Addict
sitkasmom  Offline
Glider Addict

Originally Posted By: DCMuffin
Looking forward to pics this weekend. thumb

Me Toooo!!!

If you can, can you get a pic of them on the wheel? I love watching the little boogers on their wheels. Its better than TV!!

Two Boys
Sitka,
Pudge

Monkeys:
Nanuk, Dayz & Elfie
MudBug & Tista
Lils, Razz & Nut

Re: How do I have the USDA pull someone's license? [Re: ] #1219943
01/22/12 06:03 PM
01/22/12 06:03 PM
heidi Offline
Glider Slave
heidi  Offline
Glider Slave

any pics yet????

Re: How do I have the USDA pull someone's license? [Re: heidi] #1219945
01/22/12 06:07 PM
01/22/12 06:07 PM
sitkasmom Offline
Glider Addict
sitkasmom  Offline
Glider Addict

Me Three!! Pics Pics Pics!!!

Two Boys
Sitka,
Pudge

Monkeys:
Nanuk, Dayz & Elfie
MudBug & Tista
Lils, Razz & Nut

Re: How do I have the USDA pull someone's license? [Re: ] #1220019
01/22/12 09:48 PM
01/22/12 09:48 PM
DCMuffin Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
DCMuffin  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Yep - still waiting on pics! Anxious to see them enjoying their stuff.

Re: How do I have the USDA pull someone's license? [Re: ] #1221394
01/26/12 11:44 AM
01/26/12 11:44 AM
heidi Offline
Glider Slave
heidi  Offline
Glider Slave

any pics any updates?????????????????????????/

Re: How do I have the USDA pull someone's license? [Re: ] #1221464
01/26/12 01:23 PM
01/26/12 01:23 PM

C
ContessaC
Unregistered
ContessaC
Unregistered
C

I'm sorry guys. My mother recently had a stroke and I've been trying to give her my attention, as well as being mommy to a disabled child. I haven't been getting online as much as I would like...I WILL put up pics this weekend!!!

Re: How do I have the USDA pull someone's license? [Re: ] #1221504
01/26/12 03:06 PM
01/26/12 03:06 PM
sitkasmom Offline
Glider Addict
sitkasmom  Offline
Glider Addict

Does Keith come on here? He should smile That way we can all tell him how proud of him we are, and give him all kinds of advice since you have your hands full? hug2

Do you think he could post some pics? I know they are with him anyways.... and the kids figure out how to post to these faster (I'm a computer illiterate putz :rofl2: )

Two Boys
Sitka,
Pudge

Monkeys:
Nanuk, Dayz & Elfie
MudBug & Tista
Lils, Razz & Nut

Re: How do I have the USDA pull someone's license? [Re: sitkasmom] #1224511
02/03/12 10:00 AM
02/03/12 10:00 AM
sitkasmom Offline
Glider Addict
sitkasmom  Offline
Glider Addict

tap tap tap.... Helllooooo??? Anyone in there? :comppunch:

:rofl2:

Still waiting on the pics of the little fuzzballs smile

How are they doing?

Two Boys
Sitka,
Pudge

Monkeys:
Nanuk, Dayz & Elfie
MudBug & Tista
Lils, Razz & Nut

Re: How do I have the USDA pull someone's license? [Re: ] #1224633
02/03/12 03:19 PM
02/03/12 03:19 PM
Wv,USA
AmandaSnyder Offline
Glider Guardian
AmandaSnyder  Offline
Glider Guardian

Wv,USA
I would love to see pics and im sure the lovely people who sent stuff for these babys to be happy would love pics.

Amanda Lynn Snyder
Mommy & Slave To:
3 young human boys(Caleb,Cayden,Cameron)
4 :grey: Ma & Pa/ Adam & Eve

1 :rtmo: Oreo 1 :lue: Almond :wfb: Joy
1 German Shepard JaJa
Most of all Very Happy Hubby!
RIP Twix i miss u!!!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 371 guests, and 90 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,552 TEXAS
679,069 OHIO
487,140 OKLAHOMA
432,142 UTAH
321,666 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024