Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Out for blood - PART ONE [Re: ] #1136773
06/28/11 12:10 AM
06/28/11 12:10 AM
Spartanburg, SC, USA
Abbey Offline
Glider Explorer
Abbey  Offline
Glider Explorer

Spartanburg, SC, USA
Well my most precious moment happened today. Ofi and Mai grabbed my hand when I slid it in the pouch beside them, and they kissed and hugged it. They actually moved my hand under them and slept in it for two whole hours!!!!! cloud9 My eyes teared up. I could not believe that these are the gliders that crabbed at my every move just a short time ago. It was the most amazing moment. My heart has bubbled over with joy at this progress mlove

Amanda

Proud mommy of:
Abbey and Lady--Blonde Cocker Spaniels
&
Ophelia (Ofi) :grey: Mairead (Mai) :grey: Yoda :grey:
Nymphadora (Nym) :wfb: Chewee :grey:
Madam Rosmerta (Rose) :grey:
Re: Out for blood - PART ONE [Re: ] #1136916
06/28/11 04:10 AM
06/28/11 04:10 AM
South Africa
G
Gizmogirl Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Gizmogirl  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
G

South Africa
That is wonderful Abbey! clap So very fulfilling!

Casper & Liezl
:grey:Gizzy, Boesman, Muchu, Kiamon, Sky & Boog:grey:
A glider's eyes have the power to speak a great language

RIP Sugar 2009 & Kaida 2013
Re: Out for blood - PART ONE [Re: ] #1136962
06/28/11 09:21 AM
06/28/11 09:21 AM

T
Tricia
Unregistered
Tricia
Unregistered
T

Congrats Kathy! You're doing great with them!! And I'm sure Mojo will remember you helped him!

And Abbey - That's wonderful news!

Thanks to the support and ideas on this thread, my Bella is trusting me more and more. I don't get nipped very often anymore (it's been a couple days) and it's definitely a warning, not a bite. And almost every day she will chatter when she hears me get home until she is safely tucked in my bra for cuddle time. We're moving forward again! smile smile And Mia is just blooming! She loves the 'human tree' game these days. Last week when she woke up, she stuck her little head out of my shirt and just chilled out with me, watching everything going on (and with a 4yo little boy...it's a lot!) for about half an hour before she got antsy and wanted to go play and run around.

LOVING THESE LITTLE ONES!

Re: Out for blood - PART ONE [Re: ] #1137403
06/29/11 12:24 AM
06/29/11 12:24 AM
Spartanburg, SC, USA
Abbey Offline
Glider Explorer
Abbey  Offline
Glider Explorer

Spartanburg, SC, USA
That is awesome Tricia smile It is amazing how much joy the little things they do bring. bonding with my sweet little rescues has helped me majorly with impatience(I'm one of those that wants everything to happen immediately). The rewards of slowing down and letting them guide me is beyond measure. You definitely learn to appreciate the little accomplishments along the way, even if Bourbon has to remind me of what those are. agree

Amanda

Proud mommy of:
&
Re: Out for blood - PART ONE [Re: ] #1137804
06/29/11 04:46 PM
06/29/11 04:46 PM

M
meganelizabeth
Unregistered
meganelizabeth
Unregistered
M

Hehehe, I am so proud of everyone on here!! You all are doing so awesome

The omg moments are just so wonderful, I can never get enough of them lol, I so love hearing everyones progress and I'm glad we are going through this process as a group (makes me feel like I have friends and support out there in this process and that is a very good feeling!) I am also glad that the conversation is providing people with useful ideas to try with their babis, that is definiely great! Keep up the good work guys, you are all doing so awesome I'm just so excited for all of us smile

Re: Out for blood - PART ONE [Re: ] #1139814
07/04/11 08:01 AM
07/04/11 08:01 AM
Albany NY
upsoon Offline
Joey Member
upsoon  Offline
Joey Member

Albany NY
Hi everyone sorry I haven't posted but I have been sick all week, just getting back on my feet. Before I got sick I took your advise meganelizabeth and just put my hand in the bottom of the cage with a yoggie in it and just sat there, after a while Mojo came over and jump right in my hand and sat there and enjoyed his yoggie LOL I had to immediately text Bourbon it was 6:30 in the morning I haven't made any head way with putting my hand on them when they are in their pouch due to being sick.I have the next two days off so that is what I will be working on. I did notice this morning that Chloe was not hanging up in the corner of the cage but was running around and also came over to see what my hand and arm was.So that alone was exciting and here is the big news!!!! While they were in the pouch I gave them both a yoggie and was able to reach in with my finger and pet each of them on the head a few times each!!!!! Can wait to tell Bourbon that jump jump Everyone have a Happy and safe 4th of July

Kathy
Mom to Chloe and Mojo
Re: Out for blood - PART ONE [Re: ] #1139819
07/04/11 09:03 AM
07/04/11 09:03 AM

D
dolphinlover3015
Unregistered
dolphinlover3015
Unregistered
D

AWW! My heart just melted a bit reading that mlove so sweet! Congrats

Re: Out for blood - PART ONE [Re: ] #1139911
07/04/11 02:30 PM
07/04/11 02:30 PM

M
meganelizabeth
Unregistered
meganelizabeth
Unregistered
M

Oh yay!!! I'm so so happy for you that is fantastic progress you are doing so awesome! I am so glad to hear of your amazing moments, omg moments rejust so antastic, I'm so proud of you for taking their cues and letting them getused to you, that is definitely how the magic happns!!

Re: Out for blood - PART ONE [Re: ] #1142035
07/08/11 02:32 PM
07/08/11 02:32 PM
Albany NY
upsoon Offline
Joey Member
upsoon  Offline
Joey Member

Albany NY
Hi well right now I am at a stand still They DO not like me putting my hand down on them when they are in the pouch. I think I am startling them out of a sound sleep and scaring them as I can feel them lunging at my hand and they have a panic crab so I have stop doing that As long as they have a yoggie in pouch I am able to put my finger in and pet them a few times, of course they try to pull away,but there is no crabbing . When they are up in the cage and I put my hand in there ( I have tried both ways palm up and palm down) Mojo will sometimes jump in my hand and eat his yoggie and sometimes he takes the yoggie and runs, he has on two occasions climb up my arm to my elbow but then has jumped off. Chloe will come over and sniff lick and then she wants to nipped on my arm, she will sometimes put her little hand on my finger and take the yoggie but I haven't been able to get her to sit in my hand. Some times they will let me pet them while they are eating there treats and sometimes not. So I'm not sure where to go from here dunno

Kathy
Mom to Chloe and Mojo
Re: Out for blood - PART ONE [Re: ] #1142285
07/08/11 11:11 PM
07/08/11 11:11 PM

M
meganelizabeth
Unregistered
meganelizabeth
Unregistered
M

You just keep doing what you are doing hun, you should listen to what you are saying, you are able to pet them and feed them treats right now, that's a pretty good improvement. I know its still with difficulty that you are doing all this but its much better than when you started and you've got to remember that. Its gonna take a lotof time and work o reach that ultimate relationship but you will. For now just be the treat god, I recommend if you aren't having any serious biting problems that you start feeding live meal worms when they come to your hand, I know this will sound gross and unpleasant but it helps soooooo much! This will make you the treat fairy and your gliders will want to come to you more, I also recommend using a phrase for this so they orient a sttement with treats, bourbon taught me "look what mommy has" and it works great for us! If you are already feeding live worms but not by hand, the bst thing I have to say is man up and get ur hands involved lol. It was very hard for me to talk myself into doing it because I'm terrified of bugs but as soon as live worms started coming from mommies hands kodah literally fell in love with me, it was actually when I started using worms that we started the crabbing challenge because his crabbing disapeared. Other than treat bribing just keep working on what you are doing, they will come around, and as far as fear of you goes try and break that by making urself part of their environment. I know yu are very very busy but whenever you have a chance, and I mean every single time, put your arm up to your elbow in the cage and just lay it there, I know they re still running from you but the more often and longer you do this the more they will get used to you. Just keep workin hun you are doing great!

Re: Out for blood - PART ONE [Re: ] #1142407
07/09/11 02:22 AM
07/09/11 02:22 AM

S
Sumsum
Unregistered
Sumsum
Unregistered
S

I just want to thank you all for chronicling this! I plan on getting gliders sometime this summer, and reading what you all have done to build relationships based on trust and absence of fear has been truly enlightening. Please continue to share your experiences and outcomes with me/us!

Re: Out for blood - PART ONE [Re: ] #1142479
07/09/11 10:11 AM
07/09/11 10:11 AM

M
meganelizabeth
Unregistered
meganelizabeth
Unregistered
M

Sumsum I absolutely agree with what you had to say, I think this thread has been soooo helpful to so many owners new and old and I truly hope this thread continues strong because it has been truly fantastic!

Re: Out for blood - PART ONE [Re: ] #1143678
07/11/11 10:32 PM
07/11/11 10:32 PM

N
NaeJ
Unregistered
NaeJ
Unregistered
N

I haven't posted in a while... been working and went to MI to visit my parents for a week. I didn't take the monkeys because I thought it would be better for them if they stayed at home. I had a neighbor feed them every day while I was gone and she did it while they were asleep.

I got home yesterday evening and assumed they'd be upset with me for being gone all week. They weren't. They were almost as glad to see me as I was to see them (though I'm sure the mealies helped haha). I was exhausted from the trip so I didn't spend a whole lot of time with them, but I did spend about 20 minutes or so and pet them and talked to them and told them how much I loved them. No bites (but they were pretty busy getting the mealies out of the bowl I put them in).

Tonight I went down there to feed them in shorts and a tank top (my sweatshirt that I leave with them was still down in their room). I had left the cage open last night and tonight they were already awake so they were jumping all over me when I walked in before I had a chance to put the sweatshirt on. I was certain that Wesson would take that opportunity to take a few chunks out of me, but much to my surprise, he didn't! Also, my husband had been rubbing my feet and legs with grape-scented lotion (yes, I'm spoiled) and I thought that would bother them, but it didn't seem to faze them a bit.

The most exciting thing, though, was I gave Wesson a yoggie and he hung on the outside of the cage eating it. I stood there and kissed him all over his back and his head and pet him and told him how handsome he was and how much I love him and he LET ME!! He just sat there calmly eating his yoggie and I got to give him about a zillion kisses! I also noticed later that like babies, Wesson explores with his mouth. I was wearing "their" sweatshirt that they are quite familiar with by now and he was looking at the drawstrings for the hood. I watched him and saw him bite at them a little bit and then lick at them. He has seen (and tasted) them before and he bit at the first one and then the second. He wasn't attacking, nor did it appear that he was biting very hard. I think it was just his way of tasting and exploring (correct me if I'm wrong, you guys). He did bite my hand gently tonight ("gently" being the operative word here) but not aggressively and not hard enough to draw blood. Chloe was already on that hand licking it and grooming it as was Smith so Wesson probably just wanted to see what all the fuss was about. (He evidently didn't think it was worth the fuss because he immediately lost interest and jumped back to the cage where I had put out some fresh monkey biscuits for them to munch on).

Anyway, I was just so excited about the kisses and love I was able to give Wesson tonight that I just wanted to tell everyone! :-)

Re: Out for blood - PART ONE [Re: ] #1143710
07/12/11 12:08 AM
07/12/11 12:08 AM
Spartanburg, SC, USA
Abbey Offline
Glider Explorer
Abbey  Offline
Glider Explorer

Spartanburg, SC, USA
jump mlove jump OMG I am so excited for you! That is awesome news!! Yes they do explore with their mouths but even the tiny tastes should be discouraged cause that can lead to bigger bites. That is such wonderful news NaeJ. I am so happy for you. (And jealous cause my babies won't let me kiss them yet) smile

Amanda

Proud mommy of:
&
Re: Out for blood - PART ONE [Re: ] #1143756
07/12/11 01:04 AM
07/12/11 01:04 AM
usa
T
tournesoul Offline
Glider Guardian
tournesoul  Offline
Glider Guardian
T

usa
YIPPEEEEE!!!! SUCH good news!! I was a little worried for you, I will admit, but it sounds like it was just about a perfect homecoming!! thumb
So happy for you Lonnea!!! I will have to fill you in on our goings on! Crazy boys!!

Re: Out for blood - PART ONE [Re: ] #1143841
07/12/11 06:54 AM
07/12/11 06:54 AM

L
LiJie
Unregistered
LiJie
Unregistered
L

I absolutely LOVED your thread! Thank you so much for sharing this with all of us. And your updates are amazing. I am so excited and happy for you, especially after your latest update! And yes, I notice that my fuzzbutts explore with their mouth, often times a gentle nibble is not a bite, just curious exploration. I am very happy for you, thank you for showing that with love and patience, progress, albeit slow, is a guarantee. Looking forward to hearing more!

Re: Out for blood - PART ONE [Re: ] #1144013
07/12/11 04:51 PM
07/12/11 04:51 PM
Washington D.C. Metro Area
DCMuffin Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
DCMuffin  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Washington D.C. Metro Area

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 401 guests, and 61 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,620 TEXAS
679,097 OHIO
487,206 OKLAHOMA
432,206 UTAH
321,722 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024