GliderCENTRAL

Gliders of the Round Table 7

Posted By: Hutch

Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 04/03/18 05:59 PM

3rd of April in the year 2018.

We of the Round Table have filled yet another journal full of our mischief, mayhem, & barking, & those worries, hope, & joys of your hairless, bumbling, two-legged slave. As we embark on this next entry into our well-documented lives, we will be sure to leave no yoggie untasted or pine-nut left behind. As we prepare for an uncertain future in the new land of tek-hiss, supposedly the realm of our birth, we have some trepidations. Though not well remembered, after all, it was a long three years ago now, we recall the noises, jumbling, & confusion of our journey as joeys. No mealies, we were hardly gliding first class, just a slice of orange to last us the tiny things the whole of the journey.

If whomever reading this is just now picking up our collective memoirs in the middle of our best years, to them I would recommend you go back to where it all began.

Otherwise, we will pick up where be left off in book 6 , & together we shall see what our future brings.

- Merlin, Scribe of the Round Table

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 04/03/18 06:09 PM

Okay, no real news. I left my fuzzbutts mostly alone this weekend to give them a break after the torture I inflicted upon Arthur for the last ten days. Such an evil hoo-man-tree-slave.

I have noticed they've been bickering in the pouch a lot lately. Maybe it's a sign I need to radically change-up their cage again. I hope that's all it is.

Arthur is still gasping/hissing loudly first things. I'm concerned that it means the medication hasn't cleared it up yet, but he seems to -go- easier. What is y'alls experience, should I give it the rest of the week & see, or it this a sign he probably needs to stay on the drugs (D.A.R.E. messages notwithstanding).
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 04/03/18 07:49 PM

Dot and Fiona we're both treated for a UTI 2 years ago. They went back to vet for a follow up, and got the all clear.

Dot hissed for about 2-3 weeks after. Once in awhile she still hisses.

I did feed them yogurt after meds were finished to help get bacteria back in their bowels. And cooked pumkin to help with softer stools.

I did that after Dot's puking incident too.
Posted By: Feather

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 04/03/18 11:03 PM

Hello Hutch, you need to check this out: Muhwahahahahaha

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 04/04/18 05:37 PM

:funny:

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 04/12/18 07:32 PM

Note to self: When a glider mistakes your finger for the yoggie you're holding, it may not break skim... but it will leave a bruise.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 04/12/18 09:50 PM

Hutch a couple years ago I had to put a glider into an ejacket because of an amputated tail.

He didn't break the skin, but he bit every finger I had. Finally got the slippery little buggar trussed up.

I told his owner not to take it off as she had cut the tip of her finger off with a rotary cutter.

The next day I couldn't figure out why my finger tips hurt so bad, I looked at them and they were all purple. I wish he would have broke the skin, they probably wouldn't have hurt as bad.
Posted By: alicat

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 04/13/18 02:51 AM

I have had my girls a week not and have managed to not get bitten. I suppose it is a matter of time, but I am not looking forward to it (nobody does, I am sure). I could definitely see the yoggie/finger confusion happening with one of mine. She is a yoggie fanatic!

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 04/19/18 07:05 PM

You know, both Gwynevere & Morgana can be trusted to examine my fingers & hand when I run out of treats to prove I'm not hiding another bit of yummy goodness.

Merlin... well, it's 50/50 if he'll believe his nose, or try to see if somehow my hand will magically produces another if he chomps hard enoigh.

Arthur use to be like Merlin, maybe a little better... but ever since he round of meds, he's much more likely to assume I -must- have something under my skin that produces those yums if he just digs deep enough. Jerk-glider.
Posted By: Terry

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 04/20/18 05:43 PM

Skadoosh was the only one I could truly trust with my fingers in the pouch. I didn't do it much, still don't. When I do though, I use hand in fist.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 04/21/18 08:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Terry
Skadoosh was the only one I could truly trust with my fingers in the pouch. I didn't do it much, still don't. When I do though, I use hand in fist.
Oh, I can trust them more in the pouch, they prefer curling up around my fingers & going back to sleep. After giving them a goodnight treat though, I must be wairy of the boys.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 04/22/18 11:54 AM

I always start out with a fist. Dot doesn't appreciate intrusions. But after a minute or two, I relax and one crawls under and one on top. Then they groom me and nap. I can feel when they rake their teeth over my skin. And Fiona can fit my pinky finger in her mouth sideways. I will "sht" her and she stops. It was a ritual there for awhile. Like, "Ok mom, are you paying attention?"

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 04/25/18 04:23 PM

It's interesting, I think Arthur has been having bad dreams or something. He'll start barking franticly while in the pouch & won't response to me calling out to them. Even my mother, who's heard them barking over the phone before, remarked he sounded different the other night.

I took the whole pouch out (since they're shouldn't have waken for a couple more hours) & started petting him. Normally, that would settle him down, but it took a while before he quieted. I kept petting him (despite Gwyn's very obvious jeliousy) until they were all asleep again, then left my hand in there over Arthur.

After another 20min, maybe, he felt him 'jump' then the frantic barking began anew. This happened a couple more times that night & since, though not every night. (So far, so good tonight.) I'm hoping this is just temporary.

On an unrealted note, dual eye infections are not fun for the human-tree-slave.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 04/25/18 11:06 PM

I hope you get better soon Hutch!

Don't know what to say about Arthur.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 04/29/18 10:06 PM

Thanks Kimberly, I'm doing better now. Meds!!

Arthur is on my *ahem* turd list again. He seems to be intentionally going after my finger tips when I hand out good night treats. They each usually get one or two, but that doesn't seem good enough anymore.

I use to think it was was an accident or feeding frenzy that he'd get me. It was clear tonight that it was his aim, I believe to express his displeasure at the rationing of the goods. Merlin is starting to pick up the habit.

I guess they'll be getting a few nights off from the routine, because I will not put up with this.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 04/29/18 11:15 PM

Fiona gets this look before I get a nip... Maybe it's an additude stance... I will with hold her treat by turning my fingers up and away from her. Then she gets this pout look on her face. I also say say "shhht. No." And I talk to her till she takes it nice. It's a fast snatch but she doesn't nip so much anymore. You may have issue with 3 other mouths ready to take what's between your fingers. I also alternate who gets their treat first.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 04/30/18 12:55 AM

Ollie's been the perfect gentleman taking his treats very carefully from my fingers so far.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 04/30/18 05:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Ladymagyver
Fiona gets this look before I get a nip... Maybe it's an additude stance... I will with hold her treat by turning my fingers up and away from her. Then she gets this pout look on her face. I also say say "shhht. No." And I talk to her till she takes it nice. It's a fast snatch but she doesn't nip so much anymore. You may have issue with 3 other mouths ready to take what's between your fingers. I also alternate who gets their treat first.

This is after he's recieved his treat & my fingers are empty... which he well knows (as this wasn't a problem until recently). I've done on all the sounds, too, (& the occational loud "OW!" when he's manage to get me good. In other circumstances I can usually watch him & move or tssk when he's about to go for it, but as you descibed, I'm also trying to watch the other three mouths who just received their bed-time treat. Four fuzzy bodies all clinging or climbing on my hand is a bit awkward.

As I'm thinking about it, I have been hearing a lot more bickering lately. I wonder if they're related... I've been thinking it's the extended daylight hours (roughly 0630 to 2000 right now). I hope that's all it is & all this will stop *sigh*

Arthur is still on my turd list, whatever the reason.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 05/05/18 08:21 PM

My trouble-some fur-children are getting far too smart for MY good.

Apparently I didn't fully close the lower door when I put their dinner in for the night. Did they take advatage of this & scurry away into parts well hidden as I would expect? Nope. A chorus of barking from at least two of them rises to fill the house & drown out the movie I'm watching. When I go over to look, the door is flung open & I'm ambushed by flying furry forms.

Treats & a ride around the house are my penance before they allow me to return them to the cage. Guess that'll teach me to improperly securing their home.

My bad.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 05/05/18 09:40 PM

:elaugh:

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 05/06/18 12:50 PM

Yep, mine did that two nights ago! Lol!
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 05/06/18 01:35 PM

It's apparent you don't have any dummy gliders in your house. Just too funny. Wonder what their next trick will be :rofl2:

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 05/07/18 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By: KarenE
Wonder what their next trick will be :rofl2:

There are somethings I'm almost afraid to learn.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 05/08/18 02:23 PM

I hear that crazy

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 05/09/18 06:23 AM

Alright, after considering all options, I'd like to take up one of you on the offer to glider-sit while I change duty stations.

If possible, I'd like to sent them out at the end of the month and will need you to hold them until roughly mid-July. I'll happily pay for food, any costs you incur for picking them up (gas, etc.) or anything else that comes up!

If you're still willing, please let me know. Thank you all for your frequent support smile

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 05/09/18 12:22 PM

Yay! Kim and I will flip a coin!!!

So, they will need a cage to stay in too right?

I have a toy party at Kim's to go to on the 26th. So that day is not good for either of us.

Can't wait!

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 05/09/18 12:30 PM

Dawn the 26th is fine I am only 30 minutes from the airport. I have an hq cage to put together.

You will have to use Delta as United is only flying dogs and cats now.

They would fly in to Madison, Wisconsin.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 05/09/18 04:53 PM

Rats! Heads you win Feather!!!!!!

The nearest airport that does safe transport for me is KCI 3.5 hours. Wait... There's Tulsa... 1.5 hours...Delta flies in there... But if it's that weekend, I won't be home...

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 05/09/18 08:15 PM

Thank you Dawn for being willing smile I guess I should've mentioned I could ship a cage too, oops.

You're awesome, Kimberley, I'll PM you!

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 05/10/18 10:47 PM

Any chance you are going to be back in the US by the last weekend in July. It would be great if you could attend your first SGGA!

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 05/16/18 09:00 PM

So, any news on when the group will make it's appearance stateside?

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 05/17/18 12:59 PM

There may be a hiccup in the process of me relocating. I should know more in a couple of days *frustrated grumble*

I'm still hoping to ship them out around the end of the month, assuming I'm still moving.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 05/17/18 10:47 PM

Keep us posted Hutch! I am ready on this end.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 05/26/18 08:48 PM

I've said it before, but tonight is seems worth repeating, even if it is only to remind myself: My four loveable fur-turds are damn cute.

Even the nippy boys & Gwyn who was in 'conquest of the new world' mode...
Even at 0200 when they bark like the building is on fire...
Wouldn't trade 'em for the world smile

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 05/26/18 10:21 PM

They are so sweet aren't they???

Hey I got a couple of things for you I'm dropping off at Kim's I need you to try out...

Two types of OE (open Environment) pouches. I'm testing them now. I hope they will help out in the arid environment you may or may not transfer to.

So I hope your fuzzbutz are traveling soon!!!

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 05/28/18 06:45 PM

Dawn... you're awesome!! I'm hoping with A/C that won't be too critical, but I'm willing to have my gliders QC anything you make! They'd probably have been happier with that here: 31 dC with 60% humidity all week!!! Blah! I'll miss all the fresh bakeries & cafes, but days like today it seems like a fair trade.

My four fuzzy turds have again shown how smart that are able to be when motivated. So...

I'm not my best in the morning. I try to remember to take out thier food tray before heading to base, but really it's 50/50. Lately, I though I've been doing much better, no old tray when I go to put dinner in... even though I don't -remember- taking it out. Hmmm...

Well, I noticed I was getting low on thier dinner trays, so I look in their cage. They've been stashing the trays under & between their wheels then piling toys, blankets, & nesting materials in front of them. I cleaned it up before I thought to take pictures.

Seriously though, hoarding empty food trays - then HIDING them?!?!

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 05/28/18 07:16 PM

You are much too young to have Sometimers agree

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 05/28/18 11:26 PM

:haha: To all the above!!!

They are just making sure that your "Sometimers" doesn't forget to bring a fresh tray!!!! Lol! :roflmao:

That way when you get home, if you look in the cage and don't see a dish you will know they need a fresh dish of food.

Or maybe they are clearing the table for you and hiding the dishes so they don't have to clean them! Lol!

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 05/29/18 06:40 AM

You are much too young to have Sometimers agree

My only defense is that my pre-caffeine brain is running at stall until a caffeine source has been imbibed... sometimes a second.

:haha: To all the above!!!
Or maybe they are clearing the table for you and hiding the dishes so they don't have to clean them! Lol!

That may be likely, they can see into my kitchen... maybe picking up my habits blush

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 05/29/18 03:46 PM

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 05/29/18 11:57 PM

shakehead

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/04/18 07:22 PM

Alright... due to the nature of the military & the *ahem* that I work for, out of the two solutions they offered me, they went with a third option: I'm now going to llinois.

It pushes my return to US soil back a month, but still coming... & with Feather's aide, my fuzzies will beat me there so they do not need to suffer the trama of the moving process.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/04/18 07:44 PM

Wow... Well at least you won't be in Texas again. Lol! A bit of different scenery at least. Lol!!!

I just left Feather's with my Joey(who is nameless and will be till his ejacket comes off... more on that later). I was hoping to meet the infamous " Round Table" Troup... Oh well...

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/05/18 03:40 PM

Dawn, Illinois is not that far from Missouri depending on how your work schedule goes. You may have an opportunity to meet the Round Table Crew at some point. Hutch may do a bit of sigh seeing after he has a chance to settle in. Much easier to meet 'n greet once state side wink

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/06/18 10:39 AM

Karen, that's true. We'll be like neighbors. Howdy (soon to be maybe) neighbor!

Of course Karen, that makes us neighbors too!

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/06/18 11:29 AM

Scott AFB? Outside of StLouis?

That puts you almost middle between me and Feather. Wow.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/06/18 05:36 PM

Just about 6 hours from me. What a lucky guy to be so close to all these ladies rofl

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/06/18 07:08 PM

Isn't it every man's dream to be surounded by lovely ladies? Maybe I need to send the AF a thank you note. wink

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/06/18 07:10 PM

Scott AFB? Outside of StLouis?
Yep. I'm told it's a nice area from someone who was stationed there; he wants to go back.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/06/18 09:21 PM

smile

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/07/18 12:26 AM

I personally think you should be in Wisconsin, we have Air Force stuff here in Madison and there is the VA hospital......

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/08/18 01:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Feather
I personally think you should be in Wisconsin, we have Air Force stuff here in Madison and there is the VA hospital......

Sounds like someone is getting a little stingy, not mentioning any names...

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/08/18 02:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Terry

Sounds like someone is getting a little stingy, not mentioning any names...

:funny: :roflmao:

Yeah, what Terry said!!!

When we traveled to Wisconsin to pick up Squirt, it was beautiful!!!!

But greater St Louis Area is really nice too. Lots of things to do. Lots of places to go not far from there. I'm not a fan of metro, but your base is far enough away that it isn't an issue. Lots of history around there too.

You will not be bored unless you choose to...
Posted By: billytense aka Lisa11

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/08/18 05:15 AM

I was in St. Louis for a day once two summers ago, I rode the arch of course which was awesome, I had some gooey butter cake thing that was pretty good I had some homemade I've cream that was probably the best I ever had, but hands down the MOST FUN THING EVER. Was a trip to the city museum. I would drive the nine hours again just to visit that place once more.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/08/18 09:25 PM

At 0600 local, a grumpy me dropped four very grumpy fluffballs off with a shipping agent to send them on the way to Feather. In their travel pouch was half an orange (sliced), some yoogies & sunflower seeds, & material they collected for nesting from thier pouch. Also included in the container was a small heater to keep them warm on the plane, a few more treats, the other half of the orange & a back-up heatpad in case of delays, and some week-old hammocks & sleeping pouch so thier 'hotel' stinks like home.

I believe Kimberley should have them by now, or else very soon. I hope they're on their best behavoior &, if not, feel free to withhold treats until they get their act together. It'll be a hard wait before I get to see them again.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/08/18 09:33 PM

Kim's on her way right now. Question. What color is Merlin? He's the one who has sezures, right?

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/08/18 10:38 PM

Ok, I figured it out... It's Merlin

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/09/18 02:57 AM

Please check your mailbox.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/09/18 04:23 AM

I knew this was going too smoothly frown

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/09/18 05:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Hutch
I knew this was going too smoothly frown

It's ok, your gliders are in good hands.

And later we can laugh about this!!! smile
Posted By: mechnut450

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/09/18 12:35 PM

Am following Kim on Facebook the dang shipping people never give you all the info and paper work that you need, I hope Kim got them last night or at least let her check on them and offer then more food.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/09/18 01:32 PM

Originally Posted By: mechnut450
Am following Kim on Facebook the dang shipping people never give you all the info and paper work that you need, I hope Kim got them last night or at least let her check on them and offer then more food.

She has to contact a broker to speed up the paperwork this morning... Waiting to hear from her...

She was able to see "The Round Table" crew and turn them loose in the outer crate, do a minimal clean up, and feed them. They were fine last night, and hopefully she will have them home before noon today. Prayers and happy thoughts will be appreciated.

Feather will have a story to tell...

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/09/18 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: mechnut450

So very true. In this case I'm not sure if that was the airlines or just who. Not wanting to point a finger just yet wink

She has to contact a broker to speed up the paperwork this morning... Waiting to hear from her...

Hutch, you definitely sent them to the right person. I have no idea if there is even a broker closer to me than Texas shakehead

She was able to see "The Round Table" crew and turn them loose in the outer crate, do a minimal clean up, and feed them. They were fine last night, and hopefully she will have them home before noon today. Prayers and happy thoughts will be appreciated.

Glad she was able to see them last night and let them get a little time with a friendly human face. Hopefully she either has them now or is very very close. Crossing fingers.

Hutch, we pray your trip here is much much smoother :yes:

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/09/18 07:47 PM

So very true. In this case I'm not sure if that was the airlines or just who. Not wanting to point a finger just yet wink

It sounds like the airline's agent didn't know what he was talking about. Everything learned today seems to confirm what I was told before I shipped them.

Hutch, you definitely sent them to the right person. I have no idea if there is even a broker closer to me than Texas shakehead

I didn't even know there was such a think before the airline was telling Kimberley that she 'needed' one.

Glad she was able to see them last night and let them get a little time with a friendly human face. Hopefully she either has them now or is very very close. Crossing fingers.

They are going to be soooo grumpy...

Hutch, we pray your trip here is much much smoother :yes:

If my outprocessing so far is any indication... it won't be *unhappy face*

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/09/18 07:49 PM

SHE HAS THEM!!!!!

Thank you to all those who helped resolve this, & to everyone else for their wishes & prayers.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/09/18 08:27 PM

Yay!!!

Now I can celebrate! :party2: :jump2: :jump2: :hdance: dance :yes: :rock: :fall: :fall:

'Hubby, I'm trading in my sweet tea for wine!!! Oh, more wine!!!' Cheers Y'all!!!

I'm so glad they are safe!!!!!

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/09/18 09:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Hutch @ Today at 02:49 PM EST
SHE HAS THEM!!!!!

Thank you to all those who helped resolve this, & to everyone else for their wishes & prayers.

I really hope she wasn't at the airport for hours since I first saw her post on fb this morning that she was there ready to do battle with them again.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/09/18 11:28 PM

Wow! I sure did miss a lot!

Oh wel, so glad to read all ended well.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/10/18 09:37 AM

Kim I'm so glad you got home safely with the troop! They had quite an ordeal. So did you!

Hutch, Kim has so many friends in the glider world to reach out to, yet it only took one pencil pusher to cause so much greif and delay. But karma will take care of that.

I really want to document the whole ordeal for future reference here on GC.

Hutch, you did good by choosing Kim over me in order to deal with this situation. Her resources seem to be limitless. I only gave moral support and became a messenger. And I would do it all again. Like everyone else involved, we are so glad it's over and the fuzzbutz are safe and sound.

So here's a :ghug: for everyone, including fuzzbutz.

So, when do you get to leave?

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/10/18 01:02 PM

Now the fun part begins when Hutch gets back on this side of pond. Will they want to be with him or prefer Feather and her spoiling them rotten lol. All joking aside I cant wait for a write up From Kim on this so it make a good read unless she keeps it edited to be polite lol..

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/10/18 04:32 PM

Dawn is right. She and I would probably still be at the airport just in a puddle of tears begging those awful people behind the counter to have mercy on us. I, of course, would play the little ole lady card praying it would work It probably wouldn't since Kim played the "I can't breathe and will die if you don't give me those gliders" card

Now, you get some sleep, and Kim as well. The spoiling will begin. All of us eagerly await your arrival State Side.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/19/18 07:34 PM

Missing fuzzbutts, house is too quiet. It is weird not being barked at in demand of treats at this hour. Few more weeks... soon... soon...

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/20/18 12:36 AM

Hutch is going through Sugar withdrawals.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/20/18 12:37 AM

I understand how you feel. ohwell

I was working in the Kansas City area for about 4 days in 5th wheel while hubby was working in Bentonville, AR. He got to work days and drive home every day and I worked overnight. It's weird to stare at an empty cage...

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/21/18 06:58 PM

Hutch is going through Sugar withdrawals.

*twitch* Need... *twitch* gliders... *spaz* yoggies...

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/27/18 05:09 PM

I kept trying to figure out why I had so many frozen veggies still (I had to give my loaner refrigerator/freezer back to base today). I hit me just now: I have four less (tiny) mouths to feed that I didn't think about my last shopping trip. Oops.

Well... maybe tiny stomachs, they have big mouths. Especially at 0200 hrs.

Well... somedays seems like their stomachs are twice the size of their bodies. Especially if I was serving mealworms.

Well... okay, okay, I miss the furballs.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 06/27/18 06:00 PM

Hopefully you will be reunited very soon.
I am sure they are missing you too.

(close enough)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 07/03/18 02:56 AM

Arthur, Gwynevere , Merlin & Morgana here! Does anyone know where our good slave Hutch is?

Granted the hotel he sent us to is nice and we get good meals but it isn't like having our own personal slave. This hotel has a lot of gliders and we just aren't used to sharing a slave.

So if you see our slave tell him we miss him.

Arthur, Gwynevere, Merlin & Morgana

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 07/03/18 12:58 PM

Awww. They miss you Hutch!

So when will you be in country?

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 07/06/18 02:06 PM

"I shall return..." (MacArthur)

... late Tuesday night (Hutch).

Once I arrange living space & my the travel cage is delivered by Mr. Postman, I'll come to retrieve them & serve them like a proper minion again.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 07/10/18 10:58 AM

So Hutch, you are 7 hours ahead of us. Today is your travel day. Hope you can sleep on a plane, and your trip is without many issues...

Have a safe trip!

And welcome home!

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 07/12/18 02:06 AM

It has now been 24hrs since I arrived in what will be my 'home turf' for the next two years (minimum). Signed in to my unit, began in-processing, & looking at houses.

Thanks for the welcome back smile

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 07/12/18 02:50 AM

Welcome State Side :welcome: So glad you are here. Ummm, now where is here crazy

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 07/12/18 11:16 AM

Karen, if I were to guess, He's at his base in Illinois which is SW of St Louis.

Hutch, I'm so glad you made it safely!

Good luck with housing! Have you found a vehicle yet? So you know I'm a gear head at heart, would love to know what you drive. smile

Oh and I'm sure the Round Table is counting down the weeks by now!

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 07/12/18 02:43 PM

Karen, if I were to guess, He's at his base in Illinois which is SW of St Louis.
I knew that. I really did crazy

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 07/13/18 02:27 AM

Or, you know, due east of St Louis... but you're in the ballpark wink

Good luck with housing! Have you found a vehicle yet? So you know I'm a gear head at heart, would love to know what you drive. smile
I have my truck being shipped from Germany. It's a 2002 Chevy 1500 that I'm slowly fixing up. Previous owners put quite a lot of wear & tear on it, but all the mechanical is in great shape, so project truck, hehe.

Oh and I'm sure the Round Table is counting down the weeks by now!
As am I. Found a place, but won't be ready for me to move in for almost two weeks frown Still, I think my crew & I will be happy in it.

I knew that. I really did crazy
:dizzy: We all know you really did wink

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 07/13/18 03:29 AM

Ahhhhhh Good! He is a Chevy man! None of that fix or repair daily stuff for Hutch!

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 07/13/18 11:26 AM

Ahhhhhh Good! He is a Chevy man! None of that fix or repair daily stuff for Hutch!

Hate to tell ya Kimberley, but no, I'm a Ford guy. The Vortec engine GMC uses beats almost any gas-guzzler out there, I admit, but I prefer how Ford builds their frames, electronics, & interiors.

I ended up with the Chevy because it was within my budget with the minimum features I wanted. At least this generation of GMC/Chevy has a lot of aftermarket support smile

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 07/13/18 02:34 PM

Hate to tell ya Kimberley, but no, I'm a Ford guy. The Vortec engine GMC uses beats almost any gas-guzzler out there, I admit, but I prefer how Ford builds their frames, electronics, & interiors.

I ended up with the Chevy because it was within my budget with the minimum features I wanted. At least this generation of GMC/Chevy has a lot of aftermarket support smile

Ford is next second favorite. We live in Chevy/ Dodge country.

My very first pick up was a '73 Ford. When I went back to college in my 30's, it was my auto tech project. In the shop lab, most of they guys worked on the Chevy projects. The best in the class help me work on mine so they would have Ford experience. My instructor hated Fords.

I rebuilt the carburetor, auto trans, brake system, front end I-beam suspension, installed new cab mount bushings, shocks, steering column, ignition system... All while driving it back and forth to school everyday. The transmission I rebuilt was an old core from a salvage yard ($25 plus new parts. Took 2 weeks to rebuild because I had to help the guys with their chevy tranny). Took 2 hours to remove and replace. Drove home that day too!

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 07/13/18 10:10 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! He prefers a swear word!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :willy:

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 07/13/18 11:09 PM

oh a different note will Hutch be going to the SGGA or have his masters back or will Feather have them at the SGGA lol

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 07/14/18 10:46 AM

Yeah Hutch, you are just a hop, skip and a jump from there...

We can't go. We start a new job in Waveland, MS (overnight) the very next day... frown

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 07/14/18 03:11 PM

LOL, you really want him to jump right in with both feet agree He may not know what his weekends will look like. We all know what it is like to make a major move. But, you just never know.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 07/15/18 01:15 PM

KarenE I just wondering if i can sneak one of them home among the horde I have lol (joking) I am hopping to meet a lot of people from forum there this years since it 3 days. I will be the guy limping around with a broom handle that got a crutch end and some leather wrapping on the top. Possibly with Feather handling Kahless since it will be a years since she seen him.

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 07/15/18 03:44 PM

Not the part about the crutch shakehead

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 07/18/18 03:55 AM

:hit: Y'aint gonna 'ave a chance ta swipe my royal balls o'dryer lint, there mech. :nanana:

I'm afraid I won't make SGGA this year, nor will Kimberley bring my fuzzies with her... :thumbd:

Because I'm picking them up this weekend! YAY!! :lshower:

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 07/18/18 04:05 PM

We better see pictures

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 07/19/18 02:04 AM

I was taking a much more detailed look at what will be my new hovel come Friday. I have serious glider-proofing to do! I can almost fit my hand through some of the very large (& old) venting registers. Home Depot bound (tomorrow)! I think some 1/4-inch netting & small zip ties should be good.

I'll need to do another quick survey right after work when I move in to see what else I haven't found yet, so I have time for another hardware store run to fix ASAP.

Ah, the joys of moving...

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 07/22/18 05:22 AM

I have my pretties back with me in our new home. So much happiness.

Made them a slightly diluted CL Complete mix to ensure they’re hydrated after then drive back, his a bunch of toys & treats, & now to bed with me. 11 hrs of driving x.x

Thanks again Kimberly/Feather for being amazing!!

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 07/22/18 05:24 AM

Dawn, thank you so much!! You spoil my furballs as bad as I do smile It’s like they have a fairy godmother granting all their wishes!

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 07/22/18 08:16 PM

Oops! I'm taking you to 100!!! It's probably time for another chapter anyway...

Dawn, thank you so much!! You spoil my furballs as bad as I do smile It’s like they have a fairy godmother granting all their wishes!

You're so welcome! Be careful when using the eagle pouch. I realized after I sent it to kim I didn't reenforce the zipper stop in the open position. Everything is at least double stitched except there. Just be careful. I did figure out how to fix that, after it was in the mail... It's safe on the inside untill the thread is breached. I may have you mail it to me in October for a permanent fix.

I hope the zipper noise is easier on the Gliders stress...

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 7 - 07/22/18 10:33 PM

Dawn is correct, time for a new chapter. Moderators, please lock this thread smile The story will continue Here .
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL