GliderCENTRAL

An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel

Posted By: Jackie_Chans_Mom

An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/03/08 07:58 PM

The Glider Initiative wishes to thank all of you in the community who have supported us and our store thus far.
The TGI board has made the decision to discontinue selling or handling of the Custom Cruiser Wheel. As of October 1, the Custom Cruiser Wheel and all rights to the wheel have been transfered SOLELY to the possession of Bourbon. For those of you who wish to purchase the Custom Cruiser Wheel, you will need to direct your questions and inquiries to Bourbon. TGI will not respond to questions about the wheel or requests to purchase this wheel.

Val Betts
PR/Education Director for TGI
Posted By: pappy1264

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/03/08 08:05 PM

Well, I am waiting on mine, will I still be getting them? I sent the money to TGI.
Posted By: Trigger

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/03/08 11:22 PM

Mary, I would just call Bourbon and make sure yours are in the works.

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/04/08 01:34 AM

I'll call her this weekend, thanks!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/04/08 01:44 AM

Does Bourbon have a web-site?

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/10/08 02:38 AM

Can those of us who have purchased the wheel THROUGH TGI please have a more thorough explination?

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/10/08 03:46 AM

Gina - if you have purchased and not received a wheel, please contact me. At this time, TGI has no record of any outstanding orders. I will be happy to take care of this for you if we are in error.

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/10/08 12:24 PM

No Val, I received my wheel and have been using it - that is my concern.

I may be late in the game, but it has come to my attention that TGI discontinued the wheel because the safety was in question. Since I was never notified, I have to assume that none of the other people who bought this wheel from TGI were ever notified either.

Normally, I might think that this was merely a rumor, however, when the prototype was unveiled at the SGGA, I spoke to Karen myself. She was extremely proud of this wheel and told me how she had personally asked Bourbon to make it for TGI. TGI has gone above and beyond to make sure everyone knew that this was TGI's wheel NOT Bourbon's wheel, and now the project has been dumped like a red-headed step child (no offense to red-headed step children) with absolutely NO explination except to say that it has been discontinued. This makes me think that there is a major problem with the wheel and that everything I have heard is true.

Given the type of organization that TGI is, and that it's ultimate goal is the safety and well-being of all gliders, I would sincerely hope that if there were ANY POSSIBLE REMOTE risk, NO MATTER HOW SMALL, they would do the responsible thing and make a public service announcement so that the people who entrusted their gliders health and well-being to them could make the decision themselves about whether or not to continue using the wheel.

I have removed my Custom Cruiser wheel from my cage until I hear back from TGI regarding this matter. NO suggie's life is worth losing a little face - TGI will earn more trust and respect for handling this properly than by ignoring the problem.

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/10/08 12:27 PM

I am waiting on 5 wheels. I was told it was not a safety issue but a difference in opinion. Please let me know if this is not the case. I have to admit, the post, with no explanation, was unsettling.
Posted By: Laurens_Babies

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/10/08 12:42 PM

It doesn't concern me, I never ordered one (fully stocked up thank goodness) but since reading the first post I have to raise my eyebrows at this whole thing. If it was a personal difference then that is one thing, if it is a safety issue then I'm sure Bourbon is addressing it. But either way it needs to be stated, otherwise it makes all parties look bad. So back in my corner.
Posted By: sugarglidersuz

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/10/08 12:47 PM

There is NOT a safety issue with the Cruiser Wheel. There was simply a difference of attitude about the direction the wheel was going and TGI did not want to head in the direction Bourbon did. Rest assured, all gliders using the Cruiser Wheel are perfectly safe. No, I'm not a member of the TGI board, but I AM at Karen/sugeebaby's home right now for the Glider Expo and we have discussed the subject at length.

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/10/08 01:00 PM

Is Helen's wheel the ONLY wheel that was made with the screws super glued in? Do we all need to check our wheels for that component? How does TGI know which customers got wheels that had it and which wheels did not?

This is what confuses me...

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/10/08 01:05 PM

The only component that I am aware of that needed to be changed was the screws. Anyone who has the screws in the white part on the back of the wheel is to replace those screws with PVC filler (available at Home Depot and Lowes). There is a minor squeeking that I have found to be easily fixed, but other than that, I heard nothing. dunno

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/10/08 01:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Monster

I may be late in the game, but it has come to my attention that TGI discontinued the wheel because the safety was in question.

TGI NEVER said this. NEVER. It has only come to your attention through the speculation of others.

TGI and Bourbon both are very concerned about safety. IF the safety were in question, TGI never would have suggested that others purchase additional wheels by going directly to Bourbon.

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/10/08 01:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Jackie_Chans_Mom
TGI NEVER said this. NEVER. It has only come to your attention through the speculation of others.

I know TGI never said this Val, TGI never said anything. And you are right, it did come to my attention through speculation. That's what happens when things aren't addressed publicly - people speculate & things get blow out of proportion.

I really want to emphasize that I'm not trying to start drama here, I DO support TGI and what the organization is trying to acheive. But I need to support open communication in the best interest of the suggies first and foremost - all I'm asking for are a couple of answers to give peace of mind to the suggie owners who bought these wheels.

I'm NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMASTANCES saying TGI or Bourbon are liers, I just want to know what steps were taken after the glue was discovered in Helen's wheel to #1: Find out which other wheels had the glue in them, and #2: Notify those owners of the risk involved.

I really don't think I'm being unreasonable here.

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/10/08 01:40 PM

Gina- IF your wheel had glue on it, you would have been contacted directly by Bourbon and instructed how to remove the screws safely and replace them. Just as Amanda posted above.

Bourbon working to ensure that the glue issue was remedied and TGI discontinuing the sale of the wheels are NOT related events AT ALL.

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/10/08 01:47 PM

Bourbon did call me and told me that the screws were there to fill the holes - that the screws had no other purpose and I could take them out if I wanted AND if I didn't feel my gliders might get their toes stuck in the holes. There was NEVER any mention of super glue or any possible health risk other than that IF I took them out, a toe could get stuck in the remaining holes!

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/10/08 01:49 PM

I will remove the screws when I get home & look for glue...

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/10/08 02:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Amanda1981
Anyone who has the screws in the white part on the back of the wheel is to replace those screws with PVC filler (available at Home Depot and Lowes).

What is PVC filler?

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/10/08 02:22 PM

It hardens just like PVC. It's a plastic filler that goes in like caulk.

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/10/08 02:24 PM

Is that safe?

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/10/08 02:25 PM

When it dries it's just plastic, just like the PVC you use in the repts.

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/10/08 02:26 PM

You can also get little plastic inserts I believe to put in the holes at Lowe's and Home depot.

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/10/08 02:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Amanda1981
When it dries it's just plastic, just like the PVC you use in the repts.

Like hard plastic, or like rubber? Sorry, I'm a girly girl...

Originally Posted By: pappy1264
You can also get little plastic inserts I believe to put in the holes at Lowe's and Home depot.

That sounds better - as long as they fit snug, so they can't pull them out & chew em up...I wonder what section they'd be in - have you bought them before Mary?

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/10/08 02:41 PM

I have for other things. They sort of look like the little things that cover screws when you put cabinets together. They are made for covering holes. I will be swinging by there this weekend, so will get the exact name of them.

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 12:47 AM

Update - I just took my screws out, well only 3 of them because the 4th is stuck (don't know what I'm going to do about that). There WAS super glue on my screws that I was NOT made aware of. I am very upset about this, to put it mildly.

If I didn't know, who else doesn't know? Check your screws...

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 12:57 AM

Gina were you told there was no super glue?

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 12:58 AM

I wasn't told there WAS...

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 01:03 AM

I thought it was public knowledge that there was super glue on the wheels??
Posted By: ValkyrieMome

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 01:05 AM

It is now!

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 01:07 AM

Can someone post a picture of one of these Cruiser Wheels?

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 01:07 AM

Obviously not if the people that bought the wheels didn't even know.
Posted By: thefotokat

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 01:22 AM

If I remember correctly, the glue has been discussed in the LGG thread and I thought it was here also. I understood the threads to say that Bourbon was the one handling contacting folks, and that TGI was not involved in it. It was even announced on LGG that Bourbon had designed the wheel. I would think that it would be best to talk to Bourbon since she was the one who made and sent out the wheels. I don't think TGI did anymore than "broker" them in their store. Heck, they probably never even got to see the wheels since they were shipped from Bourbon.

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 01:28 AM

Ummm I have to run out for a minute but I can find the post where a member of TGI not sure I think Karen saw the wheel herself which is when she asked bourbon to make them for tgi

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 01:31 AM

I wasn't a member of LGG until last night, when I was told about the glue. And I shouldn't have to find out about a product safety issue from a third party - the seller should disclose that information directly to the buyer. Since TGI sold me the wheel, I would expect to hear from them if there were a problem. It's called a recall.

Bourbon may be the manufacturer, but TGI still made the sales. Both are responsible to get the information DIRECTLY to the people who bought the wheels.

Frankly, I don't know why everyone is getting so defensive. If any one of you had a glider get sick or die due to a safety issue that a vendor KNEW of and failed to notify you of, you would be irrate. But since this vendor is also a non-profit, everyone is so quick to change their standards.
Posted By: princessmegi

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 01:37 AM

Gina, just throw it out. It isn't worth the risk to your babies and obviously no one cares enough to give a public complete explanation. I wouldn't chance it.
Posted By: Owndbymyfurballs

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 01:45 AM

Neither of my wheels have glue on them, nor screws. Those were replaced by, I believe, the PVC filler.
Posted By: Owndbymyfurballs

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 01:51 AM

Joan... here is one of my two wheels (which my babies and I LOVE!)...

Back
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/OwndByMyFurballs/Daytona/Daytona09-19-08020.jpg

Side
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/OwndByMyFurballs/Daytona/Daytona09-19-08005.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/OwndByMyFurballs/Daytona/Daytona09-19-08003.jpg
Posted By: KarenE

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 01:51 AM

I know there is frustration here wanting answers.

We need to wait for Bourbon to post those answers. It is my understanding she is out of town this weekend, so I am not sure when/if she will post.

Has anyone tried calling her directly?

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 01:59 AM

Gina, I don't have one of these wheels because there was so much confusion/questions and I'm not part of TGI at all. I'm just thinking that I read that Bourbon was the one doing all the contacting since she was the one making and sending the wheels...I may be wrong, but it seemed that TGI didn't know the answers for that reason. Maybe that's why they stopped selling them. Who knows, but I agree that any vendor should contact the purchasers. It just seemed from what I read that there was confusion and that TGI couldn't answer questions about the actual manufacturing and design of the wheel...they always had to go ask Bourbon. That's the only reason I'm saying you may want to ask Bourbon about it.

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 02:01 AM

I am on the phone with her now...
Posted By: ValkyrieMome

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 02:02 AM

Tell her I said Hi!

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 02:14 AM

Hi back...
Posted By: SugarBlossoms

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 02:29 AM

What is the purpose of the screws in the first place if they aren't holding anything? Why the holes?

We've all known and stated many many times to people to NEVER use super glue or glues of any kind on glider things, why was the glue used knowing it could be a serious hazard?

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 02:36 AM

The screws were meant to plug the holes that were pre-fab in the back plates. The holes were not threaded, so the glue was used to keep the screws in.

Bourbon is going to address the issue herself shortly.
Posted By: SugarBlossoms

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 02:42 AM

Thanks Gina, I'll be glad when Bourbon clears this up. smile

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 02:46 AM

Frankly, I don't know why everyone is getting so defensive. If any one of you had a glider get sick or die due to a safety issue that a vendor KNEW of and failed to notify you of, you would be irrate. But since this vendor is also a non-profit, everyone is so quick to change their standards.

I just wanted to make sure Iwasn't coming across as defensive or anything. I'm not on LGG and I'm just trying to get the facts about this wheel.

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 02:48 AM

I just meant people 'in general'...

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 03:05 AM

She as far as I know DID try to reach all parties involved but there were a couple she never got any response from. AGAIN I STATE I WAS CONTACTED IMMEDIATELY ABOUT A POSSIBLE PROBLEM AND OFFERED A SOLUTION BE IT REPAIR OR REFUND. What more do you want from a product vendor, I have never sold anything in the glider community, but if I ever had a problem I would offer replacement or refund and beyond that ... I tried you get your money or new item if you want blood go to the blood bank.

I understand this is a serious concern and I also understand if I were worried about my gliders' safety I'd be the FIRST and LOUDEST raising Cain, cuz these are MY KIDS.

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 03:18 AM

Let's keep this under control and on topic. Please don't post anything that would cause this thread to be locked.

Gina has posted that Bourbon will address the concerns later.

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 03:28 AM

Jennifer, if YOU were the one who wasn't contacted, if YOUR gliders were the ones with the wheel left in the cage all this time unfixed because no one contacted you - are you trying to tell me that you wouldn't be upset about it?

If this happened in your home, wouldn't you want to make sure it wasn't happening in other people's homes too?

All I've asked is for them to make sure that everyone who bought the wheel was contacted. If I got missed on the contact list, someone else probably did too.

I hardly think I'm asking for blood.
Posted By: Bourbon

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 03:44 AM

Okay..

For starts My apologies to anyone and everyone who had the screws in their plates. I am and will, only cover the facts as I know them, I kept working and reworking the wheels, I spoke with Peggy regarding the paint, lacquers,shellac polyurethane, whereas she explained to me that I should NEVER use them in the cages. another discussion, another time.. any way I went back and got more parts and started again.The issue about the super glue was never brought up as I had a plan to use the screws all the way through.. while starting again I found there was no way to proceed as planed, but my concern was that the gliders may get their nails caught in the holes. That is when I cut the heads off of the screws and super glued them in. When I did this I was unaware of any dangers as the glue was behind the screws and the glider couldn't get to it. I shipped out the first wave of wheels. The very next day after the shipping I read a post on LGG from helen, regarding a screw falling out. I immediately made a post which is as follows..

Quote:
Okay this is the first time I have posted to this thread, here are some things to keep in mind .

1. I kept the idea of safety as being a top priority, and that I didn't want just another wheel that just went round and round.
2.I for one do not want and have not compared this wheel to the stealth, the wodent, silent spinners or the rowdy wheels. I still believe as I have said many times before that the Stealth is the Rolls Royce of wheels, I will not cut down another wheel to promote this wheel, and I will continue to make any needed changes to ensure it's safety and functionality.
3.These wheels are not the stealth, they will be unique in their own way, just as a Dodge truck is not for everyone, neither is each of the wheels that are available. each person must decide for themselves exactly what it is they are looking for, for each of their gliders.
4.Just as other wheel manufactures, and toy makers and other vendors, the custom choice cruiser will go through a learning curve, a trial and error period till they are perfect. The will not be for everyone,

I want this wheel to be different. so with that being said.. I also had functionality in mind.

I had a couple of gliders that would not run in any of the three wheels I had in my cage, so by making some adjustments, I found they really loved to play in one of the new wheels. it moves. it is wide enough I had 3 gliders running in it at the same time, I also had a glider running on the top while 2 was running inside.. as for stability.. no, the wheel should not fall over, however as with any wheel It may need secured with cable ties. The Stand pole could be secured with stainless steel screws to avoid them from working loose after desired height is decided upon.

I spoke with Jason Karadeema and Priscella Price at the SGGA, they both tighten their wheels to add more tension to make the gliders exercise a bit. That got me thinking more of the reason for the wheels. they are to excercise in, so why not, give them an excercise wheel, I also spoke with others that had gliders that thought the wheel was moving faster than the gliders, joeys as well as older and over weight gliders.

Then came the thoughts of them having fun and playing not only in their wheel but around it safely, so it has the bearing assembly in the back that is covered and an area where they can run, jump and play all at the same time.

Are they taller? wider? yes by all means, do they spin true and slick no.. but for the most part should be quiet, but then again most toys hanging in the cage are not stationary or move in a specified pattern either, they kinda like the slight movement when they jump on and off of things. I was watching mine jump in and out of the wheel and it was a joy to see them playing , really playing with their wheel.

The purpose for the higher stands was several,

1. some I even sent multiple lengths to try different heights for their gliders to see which one they like the bestas high as 10 inches from the base.
2. the higher it is the more the wheel flexes on the stand causing more movements
3. to make the gliders work to get into their wheels, watching them find different ways to do this has been great to watch.
4. For the gliders that love to ride on the outside so they don't get injured.

Michele Peace is getting a special wheel made for not only her buddy, but also her play cage. it is big, so will the wheel be that she will be receiving, it is 4ft tall and the wheel has a 10 inch track. I am trying to accommodate the wheels for the cages they are going into.

I have spoken at great lengths to those that have ordered these wheels, some more than others. Most are very excited to see what it is I am trying to accomplish.
[bold]
now as for the screws..
1. I did not paint them, they are the ones that came with the plate.
the heads, I believe are only 1/8 of an inch wide. I did cut them down and tried to only super glue the bottom of the shaft.. to only hold them in place. sadly, I found something I could use only after these all shipped out. but it was too late to do anything directly with the shipped wheels.

However; now that one did fall out that is an issue I must deal directly with , with each person that is receiving the wheels. I have no problem addressing the problems directly, and as efficiently as possible. I have contacted a few people earlier before I read this, and now I am going to go back and contact all again, for ideas to replace the screws altogether.

Thank you Helen for bringing this to my attention, so I can get is addressed quickly

I am trying to contact Helen to discuss the one with the possible bad bearing as well as the screw issue. [/bold]

I then proceeded to call each person that had wheels shipped out to them, I offered wheels, money back or options to fix the issue. I tried repeatedly to contact Helen to discuss the options, as she did not contact me to let me know there was an issue, I tried many times left messages etc.. and even pm'ed her after seeing her make a post. I only got the response from that pm today as I wasn't able to get on LGG till tonight. I honestly thought that Gina's wheel was in the next wave of wheels that had been fixed(no screws, no superglue) my apologies to anyone who I didn't contact,

I plead that anyone who purchased the custom cruiser please look to see if the holes have screws in them, if they do please remove the wheel from your cage and please contact me directly
Posted By: USMom

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 03:45 AM

Well, the question was asked. Gina, you were going through a trying ordeal at the time. It's possible that you didn't realize what you were getting from B, and just overlooked it.

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 03:57 AM

What do you mean "I didn't realize what I was getting" - I was getting a wheel. It should have come ready to go - I should have been able to put it in my cage & not had to worry. What part of ordering a new wheel is there for ME to overlook? I didn't have access to LGG - I wouldn't have seen that post from Bourbon or Helen - and I shouldn't have had to.

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 04:00 AM

I knew I read that Bourbon was doing the contacting somewhere...just didn't remember that it was said by Bourbon, herself. Glad it's all sorted out.

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 04:19 AM

Originally Posted By: USMom
Well, the question was asked. Gina, you were going through a trying ordeal at the time. It's possible that you didn't realize what you were getting from B, and just overlooked it.

I was trying to refer to an e-mail and since it would have come when Fawkes was dying you might have overlooked it.
Posted By: Srlb

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 04:26 AM

Quote:
I spoke with Peggy regarding the paint, lacquers,shellac polyurethane, whereas she explained to me that I should NEVER use them in the cages. another discussion, another time.

This is true, we did indeed discuss the paint and such at a different time...

With that being said we also discussed the super glue issue right after Helen posted her concerns about the wheel, and I posted directly after her...
You then tried to call me on my cell phone, I was with a customer, you then called the store phone, Stephanie my Groomer answered the phone, told you I was finishing up with a customer, you held, I then got on the phone with you and told you then you could NOT use Super Glue on the wheel, as it was dangerous...
You explained to me about how the holes were there, you were concerned about toes getting caught so the holes had to be filled...so you only put glue on the end of the screw to hold it in place inside the wheel, as the hole itself was not threaded.
I told you it was not SAFE to do so, and used Helens wheel as an example...
I then said, lets say the screw did NOT fall out until AFTER she put it in her cage, she went to bed, the glider ran on it, and the screw fell out...
The glider would then smell it, and start chewing on it, and I even used getting your nails done at the nail fairy, the gliders always mess with the smell of freshly painted nails...especially if they are acrylic and they can smell the glue...

We talked a few more minutes trying to figure something else out you could use instead, I had another customer come into the store, had to get off the phone, you said you wouldnt use the super glue anymore, and contact the people who you sent wheels to that did have it in there and we said our good byes...

But yes, we DID discuss the glue issue....

I believed and still do that you have not used glue since. And I do not in anyway think you would ever use it if you thought it would be a potential threat to a glider.
Posted By: GliderLove

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 04:32 AM

I have not been online much lately, and have not kept up with this wheel at all. It sounds great after a few minor things to fix. But I have to agree 100% with Gina. Safety is not taken lightly when it comes to some one or something you love. Imagine if a recall notice missed you on a baby crib or something...I would be fuming.

It does sound like Bourbon is trying her best to make sure safety comes first, and that is commendable to me.

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 04:44 AM

Quote:
But yes, we DID discuss the glue issue....

we did peggy, a serious reaming I did get, but only after the fact, I was not saying that it was never discussed, just that it wasn't discussed until after the screw issue. I am sorry if I was not clear on that.

I did not use it again, and I did not know it would have been an issue. a hard lesson learned, but I am trying and had been trying very hard to rectify since.

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 04:55 AM

Shawna, I talked with each person, on the phone or tried very hard to reach them directly, even before many had received the wheels. as soon as I seen the post which was the day after I sent them out. I tried to contact each person asap telling them to please not put the wheel in the cage till it was either replaced or repaired. I did speak with Gina at the same time frame as she stated above about the screws. It may have been an oversight on my part to mention the glue, specifically, or maybe it got lost in the whole discussion, I don't know, but I am very very sorry i didn't make myself more clear. I tried to address the issue as quickly and expediently as possible.

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 05:12 AM

I know that, B. That is what I am trying to point out to Gina. She was going through the whole thing with Fawkes at that time, and may not have clicked or whatever. I was thinking maybe an overlooked e-mail, but a conversation not 100% paid attention to, also could have happened. As I said before, we've all lost babies and know how trying it can be.

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 05:16 AM

I am still trying to make it right by Gina, I really hope she understands I would never ever knowingly do anything that may harm a glider in any way

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 05:20 AM

I don't think anyone on here or any other board believes that. I think the biggest irritant, which is now addressed, is the lack of communication. I'm thrilled to see it, even though I didn't buy a wheel (I bought 15 wheels 3 months before this was introduced). But, I like everyone here, like to have options and open communication. I will reiterate, I don't think anyone, anywhere thinks there was a thought at all by you or TGI to harm a glider. I think you would rip a wheel out of my hands if you thought it would hurt my babies, as would anyone on the TGI board. I'm glad it's finally being discussed, on both sides, not just the complaining side.

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 05:27 AM

Gina as I posted above "if there was a concern I'd be the first and loudest" to complain.
If you slipped through somehow NO I don't blame you at all. I would have been blowing up B's phone with my concerns.

I don't think that B or TGI would set out or intentionally allow harm to any glider and as already stated I think it was being taken care of post haste.

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 03:26 PM

What do you mean "I didn't realize what I was getting" - I was getting a wheel. It should have come ready to go - I should have been able to put it in my cage & not had to worry. What part of ordering a new wheel is there for ME to overlook? I didn't have access to LGG - I wouldn't have seen that post from Bourbon or Helen - and I shouldn't have had to.

From GliderCENTRAL members' standpoint, Gina, brings up an excellent point. One that I wish every member would take into consideration.

Most people do not belong to every message board.

When something as important as this is an issue, it is absolutely the responsibility of the person making the product to post any concerns on every board rather than assume that people will read the discussion on another board.

When a post is made like the one yesterday, I can imagine the feeling in the pit of someone's stomach who has no idea there has been any discussion anywhere else on the internet. There is no reason this can't be done in a drama free open discussion atmosphere.

None of us think any of these ladies would intentionally do anything to harm gliders, but that does not make it any less unsettling waiting for some sort of explanation.

Bourbon, thank you for posting and working with Gina to put her fears at ease.

We want to keep this thread open but in order to do that, everyone knows it must stay within our No Drama Policy .

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 07:11 PM

I am not a member of LGG and when I read about Helen's wheel, I was like, "Uhhh, what happened with Helen's wheel? Where is the thread about that wheel?" Apparently it is over at LGG but not here. I really wish that important issues like this one be addressed to at every board. Frankly, I am getting tired of seeing "over at LGG" repeatedly. I agree with Gina. We shouldn't have had to find out things at LGG. Why not address it right here at GC?

Jen

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 08:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Laurens_Babies
I thought it was public knowledge that there was super glue on the wheels??
I was told when Bourbon called me that there was. dunno She actualy sounded like she had a checklist of things to tell me and such too. I never read the LGG thread and I was very aware of the issue just because of whispers and that was before Bourbon ever called me. dunno I even mention the problem in my review (it's in the video on my website): http://www.glidercentral.net/ubbthreads/...Pics#Post629716

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 10:47 PM

Quote:
I really wish that important issues like this one be addressed to at every board. Frankly, I am getting tired of seeing "over at LGG" repeatedly.

Well Pix, you see, we are not allowed to copy and paste from other boards here, so that couldnt be done,and we are not allowed to post the link to LGG here as LGG is NOT a G-rated board. So that is why most of us will say...its on LGG. Because we CANT share it here with you without breaking the rules.

But I do agree, Bourbon should have made a blanket statement on this issue on ALL the boards. I am sure though that she thought she HAD contacted everyone that had one.
Posted By: MatchMakerMagic

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 11:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Srlb
Well Pix, you see, we are not allowed to copy and paste from other boards here, so that couldnt be done,and we are not allowed to post the link to LGG here as LGG is NOT a G-rated board. So that is why most of us will say...its on LGG. Because we CANT share it here with you without breaking the rules.

But I do agree, Bourbon should have made a blanket statement on this issue on ALL the boards. I am sure though that she thought she HAD contacted everyone that had one.

Im confused on this, as wasn't this from LGG?

Originally Posted By: Bourbon
I read a post on LGG from helen, regarding a screw falling out. I immediately made a post which is as follows..

Quote:
Okay this is the first time I have posted to this thread, here are some things to keep in mind .

1. I kept the idea of safety as being a top priority, and that I didn't want just another wheel that just went round and round.
2.I for one do not want and have not compared this wheel to the stealth, the wodent, silent spinners or the rowdy wheels. I still believe as I have said many times before that the Stealth is the Rolls Royce of wheels, I will not cut down another wheel to promote this wheel, and I will continue to make any needed changes to ensure it's safety and functionality.
3.These wheels are not the stealth, they will be unique in their own way, just as a Dodge truck is not for everyone, neither is each of the wheels that are available. each person must decide for themselves exactly what it is they are looking for, for each of their gliders.
4.Just as other wheel manufactures, and toy makers and other vendors, the custom choice cruiser will go through a learning curve, a trial and error period till they are perfect. The will not be for everyone,

I want this wheel to be different. so with that being said.. I also had functionality in mind.

I had a couple of gliders that would not run in any of the three wheels I had in my cage, so by making some adjustments, I found they really loved to play in one of the new wheels. it moves. it is wide enough I had 3 gliders running in it at the same time, I also had a glider running on the top while 2 was running inside.. as for stability.. no, the wheel should not fall over, however as with any wheel It may need secured with cable ties. The Stand pole could be secured with stainless steel screws to avoid them from working loose after desired height is decided upon.

I spoke with Jason Karadeema and Priscella Price at the SGGA, they both tighten their wheels to add more tension to make the gliders exercise a bit. That got me thinking more of the reason for the wheels. they are to excercise in, so why not, give them an excercise wheel, I also spoke with others that had gliders that thought the wheel was moving faster than the gliders, joeys as well as older and over weight gliders.

Then came the thoughts of them having fun and playing not only in their wheel but around it safely, so it has the bearing assembly in the back that is covered and an area where they can run, jump and play all at the same time.

Are they taller? wider? yes by all means, do they spin true and slick no.. but for the most part should be quiet, but then again most toys hanging in the cage are not stationary or move in a specified pattern either, they kinda like the slight movement when they jump on and off of things. I was watching mine jump in and out of the wheel and it was a joy to see them playing , really playing with their wheel.

1. some I even sent multiple lengths to try different heights for their gliders to see which one they like the bestas high as 10 inches from the base.
2. the higher it is the more the wheel flexes on the stand causing more movements
3. to make the gliders work to get into their wheels, watching them find different ways to do this has been great to watch.

Michele Peace is getting a special wheel made for not only her buddy, but also her play cage. it is big, so will the wheel be that she will be receiving, it is 4ft tall and the wheel has a 10 inch track. I am trying to accommodate the wheels for the cages they are going into.

I have spoken at great lengths to those that have ordered these wheels, some more than others. Most are very excited to see what it is I am trying to accomplish.
[bold]
now as for the screws..
the heads, I believe are only 1/8 of an inch wide. I did cut them down and tried to only super glue the bottom of the shaft.. to only hold them in place. sadly, I found something I could use only after these all shipped out. but it was too late to do anything directly with the shipped wheels.

However; now that one did fall out that is an issue I must deal directly with , with each person that is receiving the wheels. I have no problem addressing the problems directly, and as efficiently as possible. I have contacted a few people earlier before I read this, and now I am going to go back and contact all again, for ideas to replace the screws altogether.

Thank you Helen for bringing this to my attention, so I can get is addressed quickly

I am trying to contact Helen to discuss the one with the possible bad bearing as well as the screw issue. [/bold]

I then proceeded to call each person that had wheels shipped out to them, I offered wheels, money back or options to fix the issue. I tried repeatedly to contact Helen to discuss the options, as she did not contact me to let me know there was an issue, I tried many times left messages etc.. and even pm'ed her after seeing her make a post. I only got the response from that pm today as I wasn't able to get on LGG till tonight. I honestly thought that Gina's wheel was in the next wave of wheels that had been fixed(no screws, no superglue) my apologies to anyone who I didn't contact,

I plead that anyone who purchased the custom cruiser please look to see if the holes have screws in them, if they do please remove the wheel from your cage and please contact me directly

I sure dont want to break any rules by accident. frown

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 11:14 PM

Match her copy and pasting her OWN post .. well I'm no mod or admin but I don't think thats against the rules if she is just restating something that is HERS. Would be really silly.

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 11:18 PM

I didnt know it was allowed at all, I was not trying to make trouble Lauren. I always avoid doing it so as to NOT break the rules. If Im mistaken then great - big relief so I dont have to worry about doing that in the future.

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 11:21 PM

I guess the "quotes" had me thinking it was quoting from another board. dunno

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 11:25 PM

Kinue, YOU can share your OWN post with all the boards, as long as they comply with the rules, but lets say you or I felt this needed to be shared over here after we saw it on LGG, and copied and pasted it...WE would be in violation of the rules.

Thats what I was trying to get at. We can not copy and paste other peoples posts from other boards, nor are we allowed to post the link for LGG. So, we post it is on LGG and if someone reading our posts would like to see it, than they can even pm us for the link, or go over there to view what we are talking about.

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 11:25 PM

dunno we can wait for a mod/admin to answer I think KarenE pretty much stated that this tread will be watched for drama so I'm sure someone "offical" can answer. I think the fact that she pretty much just copy and pasted something she didn't want to retype. It should be fine

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 11:35 PM

Ah okay. I just wanted to make sure. Im being much more careful with my links as well, since I've noticed they often times lead to not so G-rated things... Just trying to be mindful of the rules is all. smile

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 11:35 PM

Making a blanket post is just that Match. Again, I really did believe in my heart that I had contacted everyone or at least tried to.

Amanda if you heard whispers before my contacting you, then others were told prior to her post, cause as soon as I seen the post I immediately tried to contact everyone.

If Helen would have contacted me or TGI regarding the issues, It would have been done even sooner. I don't know when she received her wheels or what the time line is between that and when she made her post. but I am not here to slam her at all, she choose not to contact either of us, and that was her choice. as SOON as I was made aware of the problem, I went to work right away to rectify it.Helen received her wheel the very next day after I shipped them out. No one else had received theirs yet. I am sorry I am new at this and had no clue what else I should have done.

I read a lot of how if it were Alicia or Peggy they would have replaced or refunded.. In all vendors cases, if they are not given the knowledge something may be wrong how could it be addressed? Replacement, refund or a way to fix it was offered to all I was able to contact. I honestly feel in my heart I attempted to address the problem as SOON as I was made aware that there was a problem.
Posted By: LSardou

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 11:45 PM

Originally Posted By: MatchMakerMagic
Originally Posted By: Srlb

Im confused on this, as wasn't this from LGG?

Originally Posted By: Bourbon
I read a post on LGG from helen, regarding a screw falling out. I immediately made a post which is as follows..

Quote:

[bold]
now as for the screws..

I sure dont want to break any rules by accident. frown

Originally Posted By: LSardou
As long as this was Bourbons post and she copied and pasted it here it's in compliance with the rules.

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/11/08 11:49 PM

Okay! Good enough for me! Thanks Linda. smile

Re: An Important Message re: the Custom Cruiser Wheel - 10/12/08 12:58 AM

Hello all - I apologize for neglecting this thread today, I was tending to intros (will post separatly on that in a minute smile )

I will try to address all the comments made to me in this thread by memory, but I just cannot go back & pull quotes right now, I have had a long day & I'm seeing double. crazy

Shauna - I understand what you are saying now about Fawkes. There was no email sent, however, as with any phone conversation, it is possible I missed something. I had spoken to Bourbon about once a week around that timeframe - generally about the bearing assembly. That being said, knowing myself and knowing that I am very safety concious when it comes to my gliders - I would think that if I heard the words "super glue", in a conversation about glider products that I use in my cages, my ears would snap to attention.

Bourbon (and for the record) - Like I said on the phone yesterday, I do not believe for a minute that you would ever intentionally put a glider in harms way, making that implication was never my intent. My gliders love the wheel, so I'm very glad there was a fix for this, and I hope you continue your improvement process and keep giving glider owners something new and safe for their babies.

To ALL vendors - This is my personal opinion, there are many of them in the world. If you have an issue with your product, your responsibility is to the customer. I could care less if you post on a board or not. You may have customers that don't frequent the boards, they perhaps only go there when they need to ask a question, or purchase supplies - so a post, even if it's on all the boards may not reach all your customers. I think Bourbon tried to go about it the right way by calling each person, but somehow there were still holes. You will have the email addresses of each of your customers, so it does no harm to send a quick email, just to make sure you didn't miss anyone.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL