GliderCENTRAL

Kansas Part 2

Posted By: KarenE

Kansas Part 2 - 12/20/07 11:30 PM

Part 1
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 12/24/07 05:48 AM

Whoo-hoo!! Kansas is big enough to have two parts now!!

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 01/26/08 08:30 AM

i think it's fantastic that there are so many suggie lovers in kansas! i can't wait to meet at least some of you as time goes by.

rho
Posted By: SugarBlossoms

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 01/26/08 08:41 AM

I was born in Kansas, does that count? grin

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 04/27/08 10:16 PM

WHOOT! Hadnt realized there were so many of us in Ks ^^
currently trying to adopt a pair of wonderful suggies hope it works out.
But anyway are there any meets around the Wichita area?
Posted By: Owndbymyfurballs

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 04/27/08 10:39 PM

Hi Inali! There are a few of us around Wichita. I'm in Andover. smile

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 05/08/08 07:15 PM

I'm from the Wichita, Salina, Great Bend, Hutchinson area.

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 07/06/08 08:03 AM

I'm in Newton. New to suggie owning and so far, LOVING IT! If there is a Wichita Area meeting, I'd love to go! Name's Melissa for anyone who cares.
Posted By: TracieB

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 07/06/08 03:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Inali
But anyway are there any meets around the Wichita area?

You could start a new thread in the Special Events forum to set up a luncheon or something. I'm sure there would be plenty of people wanting to come!
Posted By: dranger1108

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 09/07/08 03:38 PM

I just moved to Parsons Kansas
Posted By: Dancing

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 09/07/08 04:24 PM

Michelle! You are only about 45 minutes from me now!

On the 20th, we are doing a KC area lunch. If you want, you can drive to my house and then ride up to KC with me.

Well, just map quested it and it says Parsons is 1 hour 40 minutes away from Prescott but that can't be. I'm only 40 miles from Pittsburg.

Only 82 miles from Prescott to Parsons. The way I drive, about an hour.
Posted By: dranger1108

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 09/08/08 06:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Dancing
Michelle! You are only about 45 minutes from me now!

On the 20th, we are doing a KC area lunch. If you want, you can drive to my house and then ride up to KC with me.

Well, just map quested it and it says Parsons is 1 hour 40 minutes away from Prescott but that can't be. I'm only 40 miles from Pittsburg.

I'm going to have to sit this one out. I'm still getting settled and working on finding my "own" place. But that is so cool that we are that close. Do you recomend any good vets? grin
Posted By: hipbchik

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 09/08/08 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Dancing

roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 09/08/08 06:58 PM

I don't know of any "glider" vets down this way. I have my one vet that neuters for me in Ft. Scott but for "other issues" I have to go up to Kansas City (Belton).

But if you need any neutered...Dr. Jim only charges $40 for neuterings.

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 09/09/08 01:57 AM

Hi! I'm Rachelle and I'm in Shawnee (Kansas City). Right now I've got just the two suggies that I took in, and I'm told more on the way. Anyone know of a vet in the KC area that neuters cheap? Or should I just go to ft. Scott?

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 11/11/08 12:04 AM

I'm in Wichita! Wanting 2 get sum gliders!!! Anyone know of someplace atleast close 2 wichita?

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 11/11/08 01:14 AM

suggieluvr4ev,

You seem VERY excited and in a very big hurry to get gliders. How long have you researched them? Also, how old are you? Your use of "texting" type abrevations makes me think younger.

There are many gliders in KS needing/looking for homes. Both new joeys (from breeders) as well as rescued gliders.

Tell us more about yourself.

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 01/15/09 07:07 AM

Hi i live in wichita. And I have 4 suggies! Hope to get to know some of you guys!!

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 01/15/09 07:41 AM

Belleville, KS here!!!
Posted By: Dani4Hedgies

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 04/26/09 05:53 PM

Overland Park Here and am still in the gathering information stage but I will be getting my suggies from JustForFuzzies. I am a breeder of hedgehogs.

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 06/18/09 01:26 AM

Heya everyone soo finally back lol - took a bit of a break. Still here all is well and dandy in wichita.
Posted By: LSardou

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 06/18/09 01:43 AM

clap I'm happy to see that your back! I'm just up the road at the Marion County Lake! wink

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 06/21/09 11:28 PM

thanks - its been crazy and school kickin my butt - finally a break in life and then jump right back in again.

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 06/29/09 11:22 PM

Hi,
I'm in Hiawatha, Kansas!

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 09/10/09 12:52 AM

Hi all. New mom in Wichita. I have two babies. Need to find a vet to have Yani neutered. Has anyone used the El Paso Clinic in Derby?

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 09/10/09 05:14 AM

wave It's Great to see a fellow Kansan who's just down the road from me. I'm up in Marion (east of Newton).
I've not used ElPasso Animal Clinic, but there are a couple of members on here from Wichita/Derby that have.
Dr. Jess Hered is supposed to be excellent.

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 09/16/09 06:57 PM

Hi I'm a soon to be glider Mom in Wichita/Derby area.

To answer your question frog El Paso is a wonderful vet clinic. I use them for my dogs and cats. They're knowledgable, friendly and always answer my questions. My one dog is a skittish thing and afraid of everything it seems. They always take their time to make her feel comfortable before doing what needs to be done.

I highly recommend them.

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 10/15/09 03:29 AM

I'm in Pratt Kansas. Great to see so many other kansans here!!

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 12/24/09 12:01 AM

Hey, I'm in Wichita! I'm also new and wanting to get to know some more people!
Posted By: queenduck

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 12/24/09 12:17 AM

Welcome Addi, there are lots of us in the Wichita area.

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 12/24/09 01:35 AM

wave Addi, WELCOME to GliderCENTRAL! I'm just up the road from you too. If you need anything, or have questions, don't hesitate to call. thumb

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 04/04/10 05:33 AM

Hey peeps! Sedan, KS here! smile Or for most people that don't know this microscopic town, it's near Independence.

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 09/18/10 12:46 PM

We're here in Lawrence, KS. Anyone thereabouts? Maybe we could meet up for lunch or something sometime.

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 12/14/10 08:22 PM

Hello everyone wave!! Glad to see so many from Kansas on here. I am in Hutchinson, KS.
Posted By: N2Wild

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 05/08/11 05:04 PM

Just settled into Hays, Kansas. Doing background research and potentially looking at adopting my first couple sugar gliders once I'm prepared. smile

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 08/21/11 10:49 PM

Hello, I'm in Olathe, KS smile
Posted By: toots1973

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 12/21/12 12:17 AM

We are moving to the Lenexa KS area the beginning of April or so. Just wanted to say HI! :hdance:
Posted By: Jayhawk

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 06/28/13 02:46 AM

Kansas here as well! Doesnt look like this thread has been used in a few years lol
Posted By: Judie

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 02/01/14 09:33 PM

As of Nov 13th, 2013.... my husband and I became residents here in the huge little town of Edwardsville, KS.

Have not located a vet yet for my Sugar Gliders. Last four neuters I had to go back to Grain Valley, MO to have the procedure done.

I live in the land of Oz and I have a terrible fear of getting lost. Everything is only accessible by highways. frown

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 02/01/14 11:54 PM

Hi Judie! How close are you from me now? Miss you tons....

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 02/03/14 05:38 PM

I am one hour closer to you than I was in Grain Valley, MO.

I use to live on the far East side of the Kansas City metro area. Now I am on the far West side of the KC metro area.

Do you still do your October gathering in the fall?

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 02/03/14 06:03 PM

Closer is better! I haven't done a 'large one', but still do a smaller group. I will keep you posted as to when there will be another one. Would LOVE to see you again.
Posted By: Mrs_S4man

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 10/13/14 06:21 PM

Hello all in I'm Kansas City Kansas! New mommy to Marcellus and a son to be new mommy of a little girl fingers crossed!

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 10/21/15 05:52 AM

My Goodness.... no one has posted in this Kansas Forum for over a year!

Am I the only living person (Yes, I am old as dirt but still alive. lol) remaining in the State Of Kansas with sugar gliders?

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 10/21/15 02:28 PM

Ummm, Judie, it shows in your avatar you live in Grain Valley, MO (Missouri) wink Did you move? rofl Did you slip over the boarder :dizzy:

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 11/05/15 05:04 AM

Karin... We slipped over the Kansas boarder two years ago.

We live in a really small town named Edwardsville which is about 12 min from the Kansas Speedway and shopping area called the Legends. We are close to Shawnee Mission also.

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 11/05/15 02:58 PM

Aaahhh, well I will need to get Grain Valley out of my head, now won't I rofl
Posted By: ebkmommy

Re: Kansas Part 2 - 11/10/15 10:53 PM

I'm in the Wichita area
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL