GliderCENTRAL

Ice cube trays for BML diet

Posted By: BrendaR

Ice cube trays for BML diet - 10/13/12 01:27 AM

I purchased these "ORKA by MASTRAD" silicone ice cube trays with lids. I didn't want to post until I tried them. They work wonderfully! I found them for $7.99 each online. They have lids and the trays all stack on top of each other hooked together so they stay in one unit in your freezer. Each cube holds one ounce and each tray has fifteen cubes. I highly recommend them. The BML pushes right out with your thumb. Not sure if we're allowed to post links? dunno But if you just google orka by mastrad you'll find them smile
Posted By: Meg_n_Von

Re: Ice cube trays for BML diet - 10/13/12 01:53 AM

Sounds neat! Would love to see photos of them... :O)
Posted By: nancy1202

Re: Ice cube trays for BML diet - 10/13/12 02:01 AM

Are these the ones? If so, they hold 1-1/3 Tablespoons per cube. I've been using them for years. thumb

Re: Ice cube trays for BML diet - 10/13/12 02:03 AM

That's the one Nancy! Guess I don't fill them way to the top...reviewers said the cubes pop out easier if you don't fill them way up...so what I get is an ounce. I should have just asked on the boards instead of searching all over the internet...I bought some mini ones by accident that I gave away frown

Re: Ice cube trays for BML diet - 10/13/12 02:54 AM

An ounce is 2 tablespoons - these don't quite hold that much. Believe me, I've measured! I have some other silicone trays that hold exactly one tablespoon. Babies 'R Us has plastic trays with lids for baby food that hold exactly 2 tablespoons, but they aren't silicone and you have to get the BML out with a knife around the edges.
Posted By: StowawayGliders

Re: Ice cube trays for BML diet - 10/13/12 04:59 AM

Nice! Didn't know those were out there. I am going to have to get those to make freezing easier. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: disneyfreak

Re: Ice cube trays for BML diet - 10/13/12 01:25 PM

Originally Posted By: nancy1202
Are these the ones? If so, they hold 1-1/3 Tablespoons per cube. I've been using them for years. thumb

They're available in purple?!? I could use two new trays to go with my orange trays... smile

Re: Ice cube trays for BML diet - 10/13/12 01:56 PM

I know!!!! Let me send you a link... wink
Posted By: Madnienke

Re: Ice cube trays for BML diet - 10/13/12 02:06 PM

What is the website for these trays?
Posted By: CandyOtte

Re: Ice cube trays for BML diet - 10/13/12 03:21 PM

I love the trays I got on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Mumi-Bubi-Starter-...7417&sr=8-2

The cubes hold exactly 2 TBS. The trays are hard plastic but the cubes formed are round on the bottom - I just stick a fork in the frozen GliderKid staple and push down on one side and the cup comes right out.

The trays make 21 cubes each and come in a pack of 2.
Posted By: tab

Re: Ice cube trays for BML diet - 10/13/12 03:54 PM

Ty now I have another addiction mastard geez... shakehead

I want one of everything they sell...

Re: Ice cube trays for BML diet - 10/13/12 04:12 PM

OOPS, Nancy, I meant tablespoon...so I give one each for my babies one cube, but it's not filled clear to the top.

Also, here's the link Madnienke:
http://www.shopmastrad.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=silicone+trays&Submit=Search

I like that I just press on the bottom with my thumb and one just pops right out. With regular trays I was having to dig it out with a knife frown Not fun! These are also pretty inexpensive compared to others I saw...

Sorry for the adiction Tab... :nanana:
Posted By: Lunalove

Re: Ice cube trays for BML diet - 10/13/12 04:20 PM

Maybe I'm ole fashion but I just use normal ice cube trays..cheap and work great Imo!
Posted By: Madnienke

Re: Ice cube trays for BML diet - 10/13/12 06:46 PM

I like the idea of removing easier and having a lid.

Re: Ice cube trays for BML diet - 10/13/12 07:05 PM

:agreed: They can be stacked too and stay fresher.

1 T. sounds right, Brenda!
Posted By: sitkasmom

Re: Ice cube trays for BML diet - 10/13/12 07:10 PM

Thank you so much! I have been looking for trays that hold one tbs.
Posted By: DCMuffin

Re: Ice cube trays for BML diet - 10/13/12 08:39 PM

These are the ones that I use. They hold 1 Tbsp.

I love the covered ones because the cubes don't get freezer burned and they stack SO well.

© 2024 GliderCENTRAL