GliderCENTRAL

Various platinum colors

Posted By: shelly3788

Various platinum colors - 04/02/11 05:20 PM

Does anyone know if there is a site that explains the Platinum coloring and the variations of it? I am very confused on that color in particular. I see gliders listed as Platinum, Silverbelle Platinum, Snow Leopard Platinum. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it! Thanks. smile
Posted By: sugarlope

Re: Various platinum colors - 04/02/11 07:27 PM

From what I have read, I *think*, some of the name difference has to do with lineage. Otherwise, as with the Snow Leopard, it is supposedly a slightly different color pattern or shade. I'm not sure that it has 'proven out' in adults yet, though. Meaning I wonder if there is an adult with this coloring yet. There is a thread in Glider Talk looking for adult Snow Leopards and I don't think one has been posted yet. dunno
Posted By: wildlifeangel

Re: Various platinum colors - 04/02/11 07:40 PM

ok. Silverbelle platinum has to do with the lineage, same with Haley Platinum.

Snow Leopard Platinum is based solely on the coloration of the joey.

There is also a breeder who has a coloration of platinum that she calls Strawberry Platinum.

Re: Various platinum colors - 04/02/11 08:34 PM

Thanks for that information. I saw the "strawberry platinum" too and forgot to mention that one. It's a bit confusing but I would say that has cleared it up about 80% for me. smile Thank you!!
Posted By: sphynxie

Re: Various platinum colors - 04/02/11 09:26 PM

I used to think I didn't like platnium, but really I just don't like their price hehe
Posted By: gliderboy4life

Re: Various platinum colors - 04/02/11 11:04 PM

There are 2 lines of platinum, silverbell and haley.

As far as snow leopard goes, that is just a description. It is not a new color, gene, or anything. The breeder who named this just saw a difference in the first snow leopard from the original platinums, he was lighter. Now we are producing super light platinums that surpass that of the snow leopard.

Just because you may see light, or strawberry, or snow leopard does not mean that it will pass on those characteristics, it is just describing the physical appearence of that particular glider, and that is it!!!!

Re: Various platinum colors - 04/02/11 11:35 PM

Thanks for the additional information tyler. Things are definitely getting easier to understand. If you don't mind me asking, do you know if Silverbell and Haley is the Gliders that it started with (I hear something similiar about "snow white" lines) or is that just a name someone associated with that particular color? Thanks again!!
Posted By: sphynxie

Re: Various platinum colors - 04/02/11 11:46 PM

Snow white I believe has to do with the Mosaics, I know nothing of platniums so not sure.
Posted By: gliderboy4life

Re: Various platinum colors - 04/03/11 01:09 AM

Haley is the first mosaic in her line. Silverbell is where we believe the color started in her line, although the original pair to produce the platinums was Dandy and Hazel.

Snow White is an original mosaic producing line.

Re: Various platinum colors - 04/03/11 11:27 AM

Okay - I see how the pattern works. Alot of times it appears things are named after the first glider that produced it - or the first in that line. Thanks again for trying to set me straight! smile
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL