GliderCENTRAL

Our first babies

Posted By: CChipman

Our first babies - 02/13/21 02:20 AM

Hi everyone. We are planning on getting our first sugar gliders. Before jumping in, I am trying to research everything. I have read articles, watched videos, and talked with another owner. I have so many questions still. The more I learn, the more I want to know. There is so much I formation out there, and I'm finding some of it very interesting, and some of it contradictory. I can't wait! But I want to be certain to be prepared first.
Posted By: Feather

Re: Our first babies - 02/13/21 06:08 AM

Hi and Welcome to GliderCENTRAL!!

There are a lot of good archived posts on the forum. If you run into any questions feel free to post in the appropriate subforum.
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Our first babies - 02/13/21 06:56 AM

wave :welcomegc:

In the glider world, there are many contradictions. Gliders are new to this country compared to many other exotics.

We can help guide you through many facets of glider ownership.

I'm excited that you are doing research before becoming a glider slave ...

Diet, safe wheels, vet database, pouches, safe toys, enrichment toys...

Keep in mind while doing your research that gliders can live up to 15 years too. They are a long term commitment and do require some special care along with a lot of patience.

Please ask any questions. smile
Posted By: CChipman

Re: Our first babies - 02/15/21 02:14 PM

Thank you. I'm sure I will be posting lots of questions. I have read about their lifespan and that isn't a problem at all, in fact it's a bonus. We have a pekingese that will be 13 years old next month. I research because I know it is a lifetime commitment and those little lives are depending on me to do right by them. The contradictory info I find is very confusing. I guess everyone has their own way of doing things. I am enjoying reading through your forums. Thanks for being here!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL