Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Ladymagyver. 03/28/24 09:57 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Anyone know this breeder/Judy Letson [Re: carolinasuggies] #1121352
05/30/11 06:31 PM
05/30/11 06:31 PM
Butte, Mt. USA
lilangels Offline
Glider Addict
lilangels  Offline
Glider Addict

Butte, Mt. USA
I just have to shudder at the thought of trying to kleep up with 30 breeding pairs. Can you even imagine cleaning all those cages daily? The gliders I just bought from Meri show how important a small breeder is. These guys are so friendly and loveable because she handled them all the time. It makes a huge difference in personalities!!!

Connie: soon to be wife to Harold, mom to 3 children, 2 precious kitties, and my treasured gliders.
Re: Anyone know this breeder/Judy Letson [Re: carolinasuggies] #1121413
05/30/11 09:33 PM
05/30/11 09:33 PM
Lake Havasu City, AZ
Marsupial_Mayhem Offline
Glider Slave
Marsupial_Mayhem  Offline
Glider Slave

Lake Havasu City, AZ
I have just spent 2 hours today on the phone with Judy and she is a very nice woman who is overwhelmed with all of this.

She has agreed to send me all the information from the breeder. There was so much, it was handwritten. Most of it is not on the database. This way, I can put it all out and try to make heads and tails of it.

Sadly, I will say, from the few gliders I have looked at, I personally would not breed any of them.

She is willing to neuter any males that need it and retire them for pets.

It wasn't just gliders from Priscilla. She hit two bad breeders as well, Mike Sandridge and S & S Exotics. S & S swears that the line is imported, but imports were banned by those countries 6 or 7 years ago. Unless the parents are really old gliders, this cannot be so.

I will know more once I have the information, but she is willing to listen. She just doesn't do well if she feels she is being judged or attacked at all. I can relate. I was in her shoes with one of my first breeding gliders several years ago.

Danielle G.
USDA Breeder

www.Mylittlesugarglider.com

Slave to Sugar Gliders since 1997

:leu: = Abercrombie

:wfb: = Verbena :rtmo: = Saukura :cream: = Merry Christmas :plat: = Willie Wonka :plat: = Magdalena

Re: Anyone know this breeder/Judy Letson [Re: carolinasuggies] #1121433
05/30/11 10:49 PM
05/30/11 10:49 PM
roseville, mi
H
hwh4ev Offline
Glider Addict
hwh4ev  Offline
Glider Addict
H

roseville, mi
there was a post abt. s&s exotics and their caramel gliders.
she did go over there to indonesia, i believe and get
these caramel gliders and has been breeding them and a few people from gc have bought some and are also breeding them-putting new blood in our lines.
gliderboy in texas is breeding some.

i woulddnt mind a pair myself from s&s exotics.

regards,
nancy in detroit
p.s. hope she doesnt neuter any caramel males if she bought some.

regards,
nancy in roseville (formerly in detroit)
Re: Anyone know this breeder/Judy Letson [Re: carolinasuggies] #1121503
05/31/11 12:55 AM
05/31/11 12:55 AM
North Dakota
kjgoulet Offline
Glider Slave
kjgoulet  Offline
Glider Slave

North Dakota
I'd have to agree with the fact that she does have so many I'd prefer going through a smaller scale breeder. I'd feel more comfortable with knowing that they have that much more time to spend with joeys and tame them and make little bra babies before they even come home smile My advice would be to shop around for breeders instead of settling with this one. I've become friends with a couple breeders in MN not too far from me and I'm excited to get babies from each! Neither have a lot of gliders and the one only has one breeding pair so it's great laugh I know they spend time with their babies and have lots of time to give to them.

Kristi

Mommy to..
Daughter Abby
:grey: :wfb: :rtmo:
And my many fuzzy children <3
www.tenderlovingsuggies.webs.com
Re: Anyone know this breeder/Judy Letson [Re: kjgoulet] #1121517
05/31/11 01:19 AM
05/31/11 01:19 AM
Ohio
LiveInTheMoment Offline
Glider Slave
LiveInTheMoment  Offline
Glider Slave

Ohio
Originally Posted By: kjgoulet
I'd have to agree with the fact that she does have so many I'd prefer going through a smaller scale breeder. I'd feel more comfortable with knowing that they have that much more time to spend with joeys and tame them and make little bra babies before they even come home smile My advice would be to shop around for breeders instead of settling with this one. I've become friends with a couple breeders in MN not too far from me and I'm excited to get babies from each! Neither have a lot of gliders and the one only has one breeding pair so it's great laugh I know they spend time with their babies and have lots of time to give to them.

Yup!! I just don't understand how ANYONE could own that many gliders. I feel like 6 is more than plenty, and only one is a breeding pair. I wouldn't want more than one breeding pair, because I want to be confident in my joeys being hand-tamed while my other gliders still get all their love n attention tounge.

I met a lady who owned 15 and I mean good for her, they were all rescues, but I don't know how she does it. I think it's absolutely wonderful.. but I just feel like I PERSONALLY would not be able to give them all the love and attention they deserved/needed.

SOO, as I was saying.. I prefer smaller breeders. I got my breeding pair from a breeder in my area. She didn't had a handful of breeding pairs, and a nice little setup with a cute glider room. Definitely the right choice for me.

Erika (AKA ProudParent) & my kids:

Suggie :grey: Rocky :bb: Killara :plat: Willoughby :grey:

Re: Anyone know this breeder/Judy Letson [Re: carolinasuggies] #1121527
05/31/11 01:57 AM
05/31/11 01:57 AM

M
Megs
Unregistered
Megs
Unregistered
M

I have 6 (soon to be 7) and I'll probably most likely almost definitely be done. wink

But yes, I do think 30+ breeding pairs is ridiculously high. I don't know what really went on. What we've been shared is merely hearsay (not that I'm necessarily doubting).

Re: Anyone know this breeder/Judy Letson [Re: carolinasuggies] #1121528
05/31/11 02:00 AM
05/31/11 02:00 AM
80 acres of paradise in KS
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

80 acres of paradise in KS
How many gliders a person can handle is going to vary from person to person. And when you are wanting joeys that are handled a LOT by the breeder, well, you have to first realize that there is a limited amount of time each joey can be handled even if it is the only joey in the house because they need that time with their parents more. Time to nurse and time to be cared for by their parents and time to learn from their parents how to be a glider.

For the first 2 weeks, I don't take my joeys from the parents for more than 5 minutes at a time. I don't want to stress the parents. Then as the weeks go by, the time with each joey goes up.

At one time I had 25 cages (only 3 breeding cages) and it was very over whelming just with basic care. Now I'm at 12 cages (2 breeding cages) and want/need to go down even further. But my life has changed over the past 2 years causing me to have more limited time with the gliders (due to health reasons). There is just NO WAY I could handle 25 cages now, even with my hubby's help.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: Anyone know this breeder/Judy Letson [Re: Dancing] #1121532
05/31/11 02:07 AM
05/31/11 02:07 AM
Ohio
LiveInTheMoment Offline
Glider Slave
LiveInTheMoment  Offline
Glider Slave

Ohio
Originally Posted By: Dancing
How many gliders a person can handle is going to vary from person to person. And when you are wanting joeys that are handled a LOT by the breeder, well, you have to first realize that there is a limited amount of time each joey can be handled even if it is the only joey in the house because they need that time with their parents more. Time to nurse and time to be cared for by their parents and time to learn from their parents how to be a glider.

For the first 2 weeks, I don't take my joeys from the parents for more than 5 minutes at a time. I don't want to stress the parents. Then as the weeks go by, the time with each joey goes up.

At one time I had 25 cages (only 3 breeding cages) and it was very over whelming just with basic care. Now I'm at 12 cages (2 breeding cages) and want/need to go down even further. But my life has changed over the past 2 years causing me to have more limited time with the gliders (due to health reasons). There is just NO WAY I could handle 25 cages now, even with my hubby's help.

Aww, I'm sorry to hear about your health frown!!

I do agree it varies person to person, I just feel like suggies are pets first and breeders second. I feel like I would want to give enough time to all of my suggies and having SO MANY suggies would prevent me from doing so. ESPECIALLY having a bunch of breeding pairs.

Re: Anyone know this breeder/Judy Letson [Re: LiveInTheMoment] #1121536
05/31/11 02:18 AM
Vulcan, MO
Meg_n_Von Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Meg_n_Von  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Vulcan, MO
Originally Posted By: ProudParent

I do agree it varies person to person, I just feel like suggies are pets first and breeders second. I feel like I would want to give enough time to all of my suggies and having SO MANY suggies would prevent me from doing so. ESPECIALLY having a bunch of breeding pairs.

I totally agree! My gliders are my pets first and foremost! The joeys I get from my two breeding pairs are just a bonus, lol.

Megan & LaVaughn

Sugar Exotics

:bb: Kira :grey: Sadie - Neal :wfb: Pip - Violet :rtmo: Logan - Charli - Tyler - Seamus :plat: Chloe - Cas :leu: Boone

RIP David
Your life was short lived, but your memory will last forever.
Re: Anyone know this breeder/Judy Letson [Re: Meg_n_Von] #1121538
Ohio
LiveInTheMoment Offline
Glider Slave
LiveInTheMoment  Offline
Glider Slave

Ohio
Originally Posted By: Meg_n_Von
Originally Posted By: ProudParent

I totally agree! My gliders are my pets first and foremost! The joeys I get from my two breeding pairs are just a bonus, lol.

A cute little bundle of joy bonus tounge.

Re: Anyone know this breeder/Judy Letson [Re: carolinasuggies] #1121669
05/31/11 11:08 AM
05/31/11 11:08 AM
Lake Havasu City, AZ
Marsupial_Mayhem Offline
Glider Slave
Marsupial_Mayhem  Offline
Glider Slave

Lake Havasu City, AZ
There have been some mistakes added to the Pet Glider Database with Judy gliders and they are being fixed. Judy may have accidently switched tags on the gliders and is not 100% sure who some of them are, so this now makes my task impossible.

I know that she told me she had a difficult time figuring everything out to add it and I think she is intimidated by it. It can be overwhelming for a newbie.

I will be recommending that she not breed any of the gliders which is a shame, but without really knowing for sure, it's not a good thing to do.

There is also a balance owed to Priscilla on the gliders. How she handles it and the breedings are up to her, but hopefully, she will not breed them any longer.

Perhaps if she makes pets of them and neuters the males, she and Priscilla can come to an agreement on that.

Last edited by Marsupial_Mayhem; 05/31/11 11:11 AM.

Danielle G.
USDA Breeder

www.Mylittlesugarglider.com

Slave to Sugar Gliders since 1997

:leu: = Abercrombie

:wfb: = Verbena :rtmo: = Saukura :cream: = Merry Christmas :plat: = Willie Wonka :plat: = Magdalena

Re: Anyone know this breeder/Judy Letson [Re: carolinasuggies] #1131812
06/17/11 11:34 PM
06/17/11 11:34 PM
NC
C
carolinasuggies Offline OP
Glider Guardian
carolinasuggies  Offline OP
Glider Guardian
C

NC
Any new info Danielle? I should def make my friend aware to not purchase a baby from her since she plans to breed and well of course she cant do that with no lineage!

Mommy to my kid's & slave to my suggies

Re: Anyone know this breeder/Judy Letson [Re: carolinasuggies] #1131833
06/18/11 12:09 AM
06/18/11 12:09 AM
Missouri
tammyangel Offline
Glider Slave
tammyangel  Offline
Glider Slave

Missouri
Originally Posted By: carolinasuggies
Any new info Danielle? I should def make my friend aware to not purchase a baby from her since she plans to breed and well of course she cant do that with no lineage!

Judy is retiring all the gliders that have no lineage. I have spoken to her she is also rehoming a bunch of the gliders as pet only .The only pairs she will be breeding will have lineage and it can be gotten off the pet glider.

Having Faith and Hope that some day soon.That all the world will come to see that all of gods babies deserve love and affection.

gangel My little three precious angels :rbridge:

http://suggieshack.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=login

Mom to some really spoiled little ones.

:rtmo:
:leu:
:grey:

Re: Anyone know this breeder/Judy Letson [Re: carolinasuggies] #1131873
06/18/11 01:31 AM
06/18/11 01:31 AM
Southern MN, USA
ciara_lynn Offline
Glider Guardian
ciara_lynn  Offline
Glider Guardian

Southern MN, USA
Who is this Judy? Where is she even located? I have a friend that is looking for a glider to join her 6 yr old glider...

Ciara
Loved by:
My boyfriend Jeff (jeffrey1881)
Zeke my 4 yr old cat
:wfb: :grey:
Joanie - Chachi - Baby
Ruger - Mieshka - Comfrey

:rbridge:
Captain, Morgan, and Spaz

www.ciarajessen.com (Graphic Design Work)
www.fuzzielovers.weebly.com (Fuzzie Lovers - Sugar Gliders Site)
Re: Anyone know this breeder/Judy Letson [Re: ciara_lynn] #1132028
06/18/11 11:14 AM
06/18/11 11:14 AM
NC
C
carolinasuggies Offline OP
Glider Guardian
carolinasuggies  Offline OP
Glider Guardian
C

NC
clap Thats great news Tammy! Thanks for letting me know!

Mommy to my kid's & slave to my suggies

Re: Anyone know this breeder/Judy Letson [Re: carolinasuggies] #1132186
06/18/11 06:40 PM
06/18/11 06:40 PM
Wv,USA
AmandaSnyder Offline
Glider Guardian
AmandaSnyder  Offline
Glider Guardian

Wv,USA
Yeah tammy thats great!Im glad she is taking good advice!

Amanda Lynn Snyder
Mommy & Slave To:
3 young human boys(Caleb,Cayden,Cameron)
4 :grey: Ma & Pa/ Adam & Eve

1 :rtmo: Oreo 1 :lue: Almond :wfb: Joy
1 German Shepard JaJa
Most of all Very Happy Hubby!
RIP Twix i miss u!!!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 546 guests, and 82 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,161
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,677 TEXAS
679,114 OHIO
487,244 OKLAHOMA
432,264 UTAH
321,771 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024