GliderCENTRAL

Abbi's Story........... :*(

Posted By: Anonymous

Abbi's Story........... :*( - 09/12/09 04:05 AM

Abbi was my very first mosiac female born at my house. She along with her twin brother were healthy in every way. On August 18th she got all spiffied up, had her nails clipped and went to see the vet for a health check-up as she was to fly out within the week to her new Mommy (Sandi). All went perfect. Lafayette went to his new home that day after his check up and Abbi had a few days to stay and get a bit more spoiled.
On Sunday August 23rd Abbi pulled one of her nails off. I have no idea how, but just to be on the safe side we ran over to the ER vet and had her look at it. She was put Baytril and sent home, with advise to let her regular vet recheck her before she flys out. Monday we had a recheck with the vet and he wanted to give her a few more days to be on the antibiotics to make sure she didn’t SM or get worse before leaving home.
On Friday Auguse 23rd we went back to Dr. King . He put her under to check her out and he seen the infection was up under where her nail bed was, so he scraped the tiny part of the nail that was coming in and scraped the nail bed, she had made a tiny tiny chew on her patagium he said he wasn't going to say she was SMing just itching intensly because the antibotic maybe wasn't strong enough sooooooooo after putting her under and cleaning her back up he put a covering on it so she couldn’t get to it.

On Tuesday September 1st we went back to DR King for him to take off the bandage and recheck it. Which meant he had to put her back under, take her bandages off do blood work and xrays and rewrap her. Each time he did something he would bring me into the operating room to show me how she was doing, explain everything in great detail, and tell me the game plan from there. At this point she looked like she was healing VERY well. He rewrapped her and sent us home for another 2 days.

On Thursday September 3rd we were back at Dr Kings for our recheck he put her under, seen the hand was dead, showed me and explained he would try to take the minimum he had to to save her. The hand.didn’t do it………the elbow didn’t do it………he had to go all the way up into the shoulder to amputate to free her of any infection. She was sent home with Torb and was still on Baytril. After him working with her all morning, we thought we were at a place that would be good for her. He handed her limp little body to me all wrapped up in a hot pink bandage without an arm. And I cried like a baby ( just like I am doing now) while I kissed her all over and promised her she wouldn’t hurt anymore and if her new mommy didn’t want her, she would spend ALL of her waking and sleping hours in my bra next to my heart that she had stolen. On the way home she woke up went CRAZY and ripped off her bandage. So back to the vet we went, he had to put her under once again rewrap her and then off we went once again for the hour and 20 minute ride home.Abbi slept in my bra the whole way home. When we got home I called Sandi and told her once Abbi woke up I would send her new pics of her in her bandages……….Abbi never woke up. She passed away while in my bra with my hand rubbing her head and stroking her back.

I immediately called Dr King once again bawling asking what happened what went wrong how could things have been different. We took Abbi back for a necropsy that afternoon. The results came back Abbi Died from a blood clot in the lung. She was so young and it was so hard on her body from being put under so many times. She just didn’t have any fight in her.

Abbi is home with me she is burried under the oak tree in the back yard. She won’t ever have to suffer or hurt or be in pain. I just wish my heart could heal as fast as her pain went way.

Even tho Abbi was seen right away by the vet and had continued care it still wasn’t enough. I really don’t know what anyone can learn from it but I just wanted to share.

Re: Abbi's Story........... :*( - 09/12/09 04:10 AM

That is so sad... poor little thing. My heart is breaking for you Cindy cry

:rbridge: Fly free Abbi... you were only here a short time but you will be missed.

Re: Abbi's Story........... :*( - 09/12/09 04:22 AM

Oh thats so sad. I am crying just from reading it. I am so sorry you had to go through that

Re: Abbi's Story........... :*( - 09/12/09 04:33 AM

cryI'm so so so so sorry for you. Your story touched my heart cry cry cry cry . May she pass over the rainbow gently, and be at peace.
Posted By: SugarBlossoms

Re: Abbi's Story........... :*( - 09/12/09 04:48 AM

Cindy, I wrote to you at the other place.

I am so very very sorry she had to leave you so soon.

HUGS
Posted By: Laurens_Babies

Re: Abbi's Story........... :*( - 09/12/09 04:52 AM

I'm very sorry Cindy.
Posted By: ValkyrieMome

Re: Abbi's Story........... :*( - 09/12/09 04:57 AM

cry

I'm so sorry Cindy. What a sad tragedy.

upset
Posted By: LSardou

Re: Abbi's Story........... :*( - 09/12/09 04:58 AM

cry cry hug2 hug2 cry cry
I am so sorry Cindy. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Glider Free Precious Baby Girl. heart :rbridge:
Posted By: StitchsMom

Re: Abbi's Story........... :*( - 09/12/09 05:03 AM

I'm responding to your PM now. I just had to say something here too. I'm so sorry! hug2 cry

If you need anything, call me!!!
Posted By: ozzi

Re: Abbi's Story........... :*( - 09/12/09 05:50 AM

cry I am so very sorry Cindy cry
I am just heart broken reading this upset
Glide free little Abbie :rbridge:
gangel angel gangel
Pat, Boo-Boo, and BJ
Posted By: Judie

Re: Abbi's Story........... :*( - 09/12/09 08:59 AM

I am sooooo sory for the loss of Abbie. Sometimes... the little ones are only with us ever so briefly so they are truely a special gift.

I think the only thing I would have done differently would have been an E-Collar instead of wraping the hand. My guess is the circulation to her hand was cut off due to the bandage having been too tight for her tiny hand.

I have to commend you.... you did your very best and that is all one can do.

Take Care... and may your heart heal in time.
Posted By: reeny

Re: Abbi's Story........... :*( - 09/12/09 10:44 AM

So sorry for your loss Cindy.

Re: Abbi's Story........... :*( - 09/12/09 11:30 AM

cry Cindy I'm so sorry about Abbi :rbridge: - now she isn't in pain but I'm sure that doesn't ease yours - I will say a prayer for Abbi and know even in her short life she knew she was loved by Mommy #1 -

Sue
owned by
Posted By: LabNGliderMom

Re: Abbi's Story........... :*( - 09/12/09 12:09 PM

Cindy, I am so sorry for your loss...

I hope the poem in this thread brings you some peace knowing Abbi wants that peace for you

A Glider's Prayer thread

Re: Abbi's Story........... :*( - 09/12/09 01:23 PM

Oh my goodness, that just breaks my heart! I am so sorry for your loss! Take some comfort in knowing that she passed quietly while she was sleeping, it was very peaceful. You did everything you could and gave her a fighting chance. Now she is your little angel
Posted By: Feather

Re: Abbi's Story........... :*( - 09/12/09 03:25 PM

Awe, I am so sorry that little Abbi had to go through all that to save her life only to have her pass away from a blood clot.

Don't blame yourself for any of it, you and your vet did all they could to save this baby.

May your memories of that precious little soul comfort you in the day to come.

Glide Free little Abbi :rbridge:
Posted By: tbull

Re: Abbi's Story........... :*( - 09/12/09 05:25 PM

cry hug2 hug2 hug2 cry

Re: Abbi's Story........... :*( - 09/12/09 06:25 PM

Cindy, just know i feel your pain i never had her I sure miss her. Sandi

Re: Abbi's Story........... :*( - 09/12/09 08:27 PM

Wow, Abbi sounds like a sweet little baby. I'm so sorry that you lost her, but I know that she died knowing she was safe and loved.

Re: Abbi's Story........... :*( - 09/12/09 11:26 PM

I only wish this was a real hug2

Re: Abbi's Story........... :*( - 09/12/09 11:50 PM

So sorry for your loss. Prayers and good thoughts being sent your way. hug2
Posted By: hwh4ev

Re: Abbi's Story........... :*( - 09/13/09 01:39 AM

how heartbreaking.

take care,
nancy in detroit

Re: Abbi's Story........... :*( - 09/13/09 03:44 AM

thank you everyone I think this has been one pf the most devestating things any glider mommy could go thru
Posted By: StitchsMom

Re: Abbi's Story........... :*( - 09/14/09 01:24 PM

More hugs for you Cindy....

hug2 hug2 hug2
Posted By: mommawannabe

Re: Abbi's Story........... :*( - 09/14/09 01:41 PM

cry Oh Cindy my heart is breaking for you!! hug2
I am so very sorry for you loss. I know it had to be hard to share your story. Thank you. Glide free little one :rbridge:

Anna
Posted By: sugarlope

Re: Abbi's Story........... :*( - 09/15/09 12:10 AM

cry I'm so sorry, Cindy. hug2 hug2 hug2
Posted By: SugarPaws

Re: Abbi's Story........... :*( - 09/15/09 04:38 AM

Thats so sad. I am so sorry to hear what happened to Abbi. frown How are you holding up? It's never easy lossing a pet.

Re: Abbi's Story........... :*( - 09/15/09 04:44 AM

I'm so sorry cry hug2
Posted By: Their_mommy

Re: Abbi's Story........... :*( - 09/15/09 06:17 AM

I am so sorry for your loss, but remember, Abbi was near your heart when she died and knew the love of a perfect mother.
And that is you.
Fly free little one and I know she is flying with my little lost suggie and all the others that have passed before her.
God bless.
Posted By: chattrbabe

Re: Abbi's Story........... :*( - 09/15/09 09:25 AM

Godspeed Abbi. angel

I started crying right when I started reading. I am SO so sorry for your loss. hug2
Posted By: SugareeErin

Re: Abbi's Story........... :*( - 09/16/09 02:13 AM

I am sorry sorry cry How heartbreaking. Rest in Peace little one gangel
Posted By: suggiebabylover

Re: Abbi's Story........... :*( - 09/17/09 02:54 AM

:sorry: Really sorry to here about Abbi. She was with someone that loved her and someone I'm sure she loved. I'm sure she passed knowing that you had done all you could for her.
Posted By: SandysMommy

Re: Abbi's Story........... :*( - 09/17/09 03:31 AM

I am so sorry!!! hug2 hug2 hug2 hug2 I'm sure little Abbi is gliding around now with all of the other gliders that have crossed the rainbow bridge gangel.

:rbridge: Abbi, your momma loved you greatly and will miss you very much.

Re: Abbi's Story........... :*( - 09/17/09 04:01 AM

What a heartwrenching story. I am so sorry this happen to you and her!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL