GliderCENTRAL

Poor Brodie - Part 3

Posted By: glidrz5

Poor Brodie - Part 3 - 09/30/10 02:17 PM

See Part 2 here

I just got off the phone with my vet. Don't worry, it was just a call back from him to find out how baby bear is doing, which is amazingly incredible. He was delighted to hear that Brodie was now 88 grams and his normal perky, bouncy self. We are still going to keep him on the baytril for another few weeks to make sure the bugs are good and dead. I really don't want them to simply be hiding and come back again in another form. We also decided to lower his pheno barbitol dose to nearly 1/2 of what he is taking to see how he does. Dr Kaiser was thrilled that Brodie hadn't had any seizure since the day 2 of taking his meds. Hopefully we will be able to get him totally off the pheno barb, but even if he has to take it for the rest of his life in order to stay seizure free, it's a small price to pay to have him around. Brodie also gets to start weaning off of his prednisone. We are going to take it slow because I don't want psycho glider again. So yea! Brodie will be happy to not have to take as much medication laugh
Posted By: Dani4Hedgies

Re: Poor Brodie - Part 2 - 09/30/10 02:22 PM

YEA FOR BRODIE AND CHRIS,
You have both worked so hard to get here I can't wait to meet little Brodie at the FIGG gotta whole much of hugs and kisses to give him from everyone here at LOL Hedgies we are so glad he is doing so good and will soon be on less meds.
Posted By: Gizmogirl

Re: Poor Brodie - Part 2 - 09/30/10 03:13 PM

Originally Posted By: glidrz5
So yea! Brodie will be happy to not have to take as much medication laugh

clap whooo hoooo clap I knew the two of you could pull it off! smile
Posted By: sugarlope

Re: Poor Brodie - Part 2 - 09/30/10 07:41 PM

clap That's wonderful news, Chris (I know Brodie thinks so too!)
Posted By: suggiemom1980

Re: Poor Brodie - Part 2 - 09/30/10 07:58 PM

Woohoo! Way to go Brodie and Chris!!!
Posted By: Feather

Re: Poor Brodie - Part 2 - 10/02/10 01:41 PM

Awesome News!
Posted By: saturngirl

Re: Poor Brodie - Part 2 - 10/02/10 02:15 PM

Yay Chris and Brodie. smile
Posted By: Bozeman

Re: Poor Brodie - Part 2 - 10/02/10 06:59 PM

Wonderful news.

Re: Poor Brodie - Part 2 - 11/15/10 02:58 PM

Hey Chris! How's Brodie doing?
Posted By: glidrz5

Re: Poor Brodie - Part 2 - 11/16/10 02:12 AM

Brodie is doing awsome! No more seizures and his sinus issues have not reared their ugly head for over 2 months. However, his sinus's do appear that they could be a tad swollen at times ..... it's hard to tell tho since the fur just seems to be standing up, so it could be bed head. He doesn't have any other symptoms tho so that's a good thing.

Re: Poor Brodie - Part 2 - 11/16/10 03:07 AM

That's great to hear!
Posted By: sugarlope

Re: Poor Brodie - Part 2 - 11/16/10 03:13 AM

clap I'm so glad to hear that the infection is staying away!! clap
Posted By: ozzi

Re: Poor Brodie - Part 2 - 11/16/10 03:55 AM

clap clap dance dance Yeah for the Brodie Man. I have been following the Brodie Man and I am so happy to hear that he is doing better dance dance clap clap
Posted By: Gizmogirl

Re: Poor Brodie - Part 2 - 11/16/10 08:10 AM

Brodie, you are a strong little star! hug2
© 2020 GliderCENTRAL