GliderCENTRAL

Dr. Dolittle Movie

Posted By: theresaw

Dr. Dolittle Movie - 01/14/20 11:45 PM

Hey did anyone see this movie poster :lshower: Isn't that exciting!!!

Attached picture dolittle_125790_ar_480x.jpg
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Dr. Dolittle Movie - 01/15/20 04:13 AM

Yes, absolutely adorable. He was guest host on Ellen today.
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Dr. Dolittle Movie - 01/15/20 12:16 PM

I do want to see this movie!
Posted By: theresaw

Re: Dr. Dolittle Movie - 01/15/20 01:18 PM

DId you see the sugar glider tucked in his shirt???
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Dr. Dolittle Movie - 01/15/20 03:12 PM

Absolutely saw that little cutie. One of the first things that caught my eye heart
Posted By: Feather

Re: Dr. Dolittle Movie - 01/15/20 03:54 PM

I am looking forward to seeing the movie, but I am hoping it doesn't turn into a Finding Nemo or 101 Dalmatians where everyone runs out and buys sugar gliders.

I have edited a fact sheet (it's at the printers now) that I am dropping off at the movie theaters in my area.

Hopefully they will find my news paper articles and my small piece in Madison Magazine and do their homework.

My fact sheet sends them to research here and on Facebook at ABC'S and 123's pus the Wisconsin Sugar Glider Group.

My small column.
Posted By: BYK_Chainsaw

Re: Dr. Dolittle Movie - 01/15/20 09:37 PM

I saw the preview to the movie and thought it would be cool to have a sugar glider. lets hope the little guy gets more then one scene.

Re: Dr. Dolittle Movie - 01/16/20 12:58 PM

Is it me, or did the animators kind of change the looks of the glider?

They are difficult to draw especially if done from pictures and not from first hand observation.

Re: Dr. Dolittle Movie - 01/16/20 12:59 PM

Is it me, or did the animators kind of change the looks of the glider?

They are difficult to draw especially if done from pictures and not from first hand observation. Almost mouse movements to me I watched the preview.

Re: Dr. Dolittle Movie - 01/31/20 11:23 AM

So I haven't seen this yet. Was it any good? And how many times did the sugar glider show up?

Re: Dr. Dolittle Movie - 01/31/20 05:59 PM

Mary and I liked it, but I guess you have to be young or old to like it. The reviews for it are poor.

Yes you see the sugar glider. The first scene it has isn't accurate at all and I will not spoil it for you. Go see the movie.

Re: Dr. Dolittle Movie - 01/31/20 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Feather
Mary and I liked it, but I guess you have to be young or old to like it. The reviews for it are poor.

Yes you see the sugar glider. The first scene it has isn't accurate at all and I will not spoil it for you. Go see the movie.

I'll wait till it's out on DVD. I'm not a fan of movie theaters.

Re: Dr. Dolittle Movie - 01/31/20 11:14 PM

I can't wait that long, do you want the spoiler?
Posted By: Paani

Re: Dr. Dolittle Movie - 02/24/20 03:29 PM

Saw this yesterday and it was delightful. Not as good as the original Rex Harrison movie (although the CGI was a welcome upgrade from the obvious costumes and puppets in the original) but much better than the Eddie Murphy versions. Mimi the sugar glider isn't seen a lot and her movements/gliding are modeled incorrectly but she does have a rather critical role. Downey's attempt at an accent is abysmal but he does a great job conveying the doctor's eccentricities. Banderas is fantastic as the pirate captain/king.

The showing I went to was lightly attended and attendees were quiet/respectful so it was an enjoyable experience (sometimes a movie audience can be so loud or obnoxious that I'd rather wait and watch at home).

Re: Dr. Dolittle Movie - 02/24/20 05:28 PM

I loved Mimi's scene where she is wet,even though it was very inaccurate, it was cute.
Posted By: mechnut450

Re: Dr. Dolittle Movie - 02/25/20 08:39 PM

I agree Feather the movie was cute and inaccurate..
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL