GliderCENTRAL

Our Crazy Colony

Posted By: Pixel

Our Crazy Colony - 11/07/16 11:01 AM

It's been a crazy night!!

Pixel is being kept separate from the new colony for awhile (quarantine reasons). Per our nightly routine, I let him have some time in the bathroom to explore and play. I'm fresh out of bugs and our order of yogurt drops hasn't arrived yet, so he was mad I had no goodies! He thought my attempts to appease him by offering feathers and straws were rude and treacherous.

I see, I'm only as good as my treats.

Pixel went back to his cage after awhile and it was time to release the terrible trio! Aurora immediately came bounding out of the door and spazzed all around their little glider closet.

She was bouncing from their cage - to their climbing toys - to my head - to the shelves where I keep all the animal supplies - to the metal bar where I hang my dog collars - back to my head - down my back to go nibble my toe - you get the idea.

But Link and Gaia were being quiet in the pouch. They're usually up by now and bouncing around the wheel. 'That's not good!' thought this ever paranoid glider mom. Someone must be hung up by a toe! Someone's dead! Someone's bleeding out in there!! I had to get them out, something horrible must be happening to my babies!

I managed to flush them out. Link was on top of Gaia's back. Hmm. Gaia clambered out of the pouch - Link riding on top of her - to grab some food and then she tried to explore a bit. This didn't go so well as Link clearly had other ideas.

Gaia's very clearly in estrus as of today. Link's obsessed; between cuddles, grooming, mating and smelling her *lady area* his mind was on romance tonight. I kept an eye on them to make sure it didn't get too rough, then lured Aurora back into their cage.

Okay. All the animals are in bed. Everything is clean and the entire household zoo has been tended to for the day.

Only 2:00 am? I usually get to bed around 6 am - night schedules and all - I can go to bed early and get up early and be super productive tomorrow!! Sounds great. I do my far less important human care routine and get to bed...

And wake up about an hour ago (4:00 am) to the sound of crabbing. Well that's weird. Drag myself out of bed, check in on the glider closet. It's chaos!!

Aurora managed to get the cage door open, Link and Gaia are back in the pouch but she's clambering around enjoying her illegal freedom. She was crabbing because she wanted to get BACK to her cage to play on the wheel or eat or something, but she somehow shut the door behind her and couldn't figure out how to pull it open from outside.

I again herd her crazy butt back into their cage, then haul out my box full of parrot/opossum/possum toys and fiddle around until I manage to rig a chain of baby link things to secure the cage against naughty marsupial fingers.

Back to bed! Wait...maybe I should share a glimpse of the chaos with everyone else? I wasn't really going to wake up early anyway.

Final Thoughts: Need to get some treats tomorrow. Aurora is a lunatic. We might have our first joeys soon!!
Posted By: MelissaVoicer

Re: Our Crazy Colony - 11/07/16 05:13 PM

Such a cute glimpse into your glider world!Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Hutch

Re: Our Crazy Colony - 11/08/16 10:43 AM

My Arthur use to 'magically' get out too. I eventually gave up & replaced the cage shakehead

Thank you for sharing your story grin
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL