GliderCENTRAL

Breeding question colors please help Breeders

Posted By: Gliderlove87

Breeding question colors please help Breeders - 10/14/19 05:59 AM

Ok my question is. I have a male luecistic paired with a female grey 100% het platinum (mom was mosaic and dad was platinum) please correct me if I’m wrong on the het percentages but question is what is the probability outcome of the offspring of my pair???

Re: Breeding question colors please help Breeders - 10/14/19 12:47 PM

As far as colors that is will they all be hets only or lues or can they have platinums
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Breeding question colors please help Breeders - 10/14/19 01:49 PM

This is a topic for someone other than me, but in the meantime take a look at the article below. Hopefully it will help you.

Determining Genetic Compatibility in Sugar Gliders

Re: Breeding question colors please help Breeders - 10/14/19 08:40 PM

Thank you KarenE I have owned gliders for 5 years and know the het percentages and the dominants and recessives and how they work however not to Familiar with platinums and this pair was already paired together when I got them I’m just trying to understand the outcome a little bit more if anyone has had a pair and if they have had offspring from them I appreciate all the info I can get
Posted By: BeckiT

Re: Breeding question colors please help Breeders - 10/14/19 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Gliderlove87
As far as colors that is will they all be hets only or lues or can they have platinums

Is your female a leu het? As far as what I understand there is only a very minute possibility that leu can carry plat (it’s only happened once in my 13 years in gliders).

Re: Breeding question colors please help Breeders - 10/15/19 12:22 AM

No she doesn’t have any lue hets in her line

Re: Breeding question colors please help Breeders - 10/16/19 04:37 AM

With a leu and a gray 100% plat het you will only get grey joeys (they will be 100% leu het/50%plat het). If the leu is a possible whiteface you could also get wf leu/plat het joeys.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Breeding question colors please help Breeders - 10/16/19 01:50 PM

Thank you, Becki

Good to see you wave

Re: Breeding question colors please help Breeders - 10/17/19 07:46 AM

Thank you BeckiT

Re: Breeding question colors please help Breeders - 10/17/19 09:34 PM

You’re welcome smile
© 2020 GliderCENTRAL