GliderCENTRAL

pregnancy

Posted By: Chase_

pregnancy - 07/27/15 05:48 PM

Is there any way to tell if a sugar glider is pregnant without seeing her give birth? Or do you have to wait for about a month until you can feel them.?
Posted By: SuggieGirl16

Re: pregnancy - 07/27/15 05:58 PM

This was a question I had as well after I suspected my female was pregnant. What I can tell you is, there will not be any physical signs she is pregnant or has given birth (if you miss it) until the joey(s) gets big enough that you can see a bump when they are in the pouch. However, here are a few thing I personally have noticed: my glider is paying a lot of attention to her stomach/pouch area, she has been licking a path that the joey will crawl up to get to the pouch after birth, she has been singing as well (which is very distinct and is a sound gliders only make to their joeys). However, all this being said, every glider is different and may be pregnant even if you don't notice any of these things. There is no way to 100% guarantee your glider is/was pregnant until you can see a bump (or two) after the joeys have gotten big enough in the pouch.

Hope this helps!
Posted By: Chase_

Re: pregnancy - 07/27/15 06:02 PM

Thank you! They give birth 15-17 days after mating right?
Posted By: SuggieGirl16

Re: pregnancy - 07/27/15 06:36 PM

Yep that's correct smile (Of course that is given that the female has in fact conceived during mating.)
Posted By: LSardou

Re: pregnancy - 07/28/15 04:18 PM

For more information you will find tons of wonderful info on the Suz Sugar Gliders Breeding & Babies following web site.
Posted By: Feather

Re: pregnancy - 07/28/15 11:03 PM

Linda has given you the best information.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL