GliderCENTRAL

Home-Made Toys (Part 2)!

Posted By: SariYappa

Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/06/11 07:07 PM

Please see pics of the wonderful home-made toys, let's see 'em PART 1 HERE
Posted By: MissTiesa

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/07/11 01:23 AM

I have only made one toy so far, I'm expecting LOTS of packages this week with toy parts. smile

It's not very good, but I had very little materials.
Posted By: suggiemom1980

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/07/11 01:46 AM

Cute! It reminds me of "rings" in the Olympics! I bet the gliders love it!

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/07/11 01:56 AM

Awe thank you. ^_^ I'm hoping that they will. I'm putting it in the cage for Simba that I'm preparing for when I separate him in a few weeks. smile
Posted By: Gizmogirl

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/07/11 07:28 AM

Nice toy!! WARNING: Once you start making toys, you can't stop. grin
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/07/11 12:18 PM

Mmm, thats what I am worrying about!!! Have started collecting all sorts of materials and hope to start making toys early this week....... The earlier posts have got the creative juices going (the one or two that I have!!!)and created lots and lots of inspiration so thatnk you to eveyone who has posted their home made toys and ideas!

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/07/11 03:36 PM

@ Liezl, Oh yeah...I know that already because I've been relentlessly checking my email from my phone checking on my order updates all weekend, even though I know that they won't update until today. >.<

@Munchkin, Me too!! I don't even know how much money I spent last thursday/friday on orders for toys and materials. >.<

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/07/11 04:47 PM

You go girls!! clap We wanna see pics when you are done.

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/07/11 04:51 PM

You bet! smile My tent will be here by the time I get home from work, so I know this workday is going to drag SO BADLY.

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/07/11 04:58 PM

Tapping fingers...counting seconds...

Hang in there! tounge
Posted By: Holly1221

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/07/11 06:55 PM

i love making toys ! but sometimes i get an idea in my head and the toy just doesn't look like i want it to so i get fustrated.

maybe Aimee and Cole (myliljadagirl) would be kind enough to post pics of the toys i made them at the First Annual Monkey Palooza ?

i will be making more toys when i move because i will have a lot more room, right now i have no space. Jeff has a BIG rubbermaid storage basket full of toy making supplies that i've bought over time. and i usually forget all what i have and he reminds me.

Jeff is going to buy me a soldering iron so i can use duckies and boats and cones and such in my toys.

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/07/11 11:56 PM

Hehe Well my tent has arrived and I just recieved an email that my first package of toy making stuff has FINALLY shipped laugh Super stoked for it >:)

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/08/11 07:54 AM

jump Guess what you'll be doing? jump

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/09/11 10:39 PM

I have to tell you, my dremel is my best friend! If you have one of those, you can make anything!

Can't wait to see more pics! jump

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/09/11 10:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Holly1221
Jeff is going to buy me a soldering iron so i can use duckies and boats and cones and such in my toys.

Holly, I was wondering what you would be doing with the soldering iron? I make all sorts of toys, and my best friend is the dremel. I don't know this for a fact, but would think that the rosin and lead may be a problem with suggies? (in the solder)... let's look up more info before you go that route... I'll have to see if we have more info on that...

Also, I love to use split "O" rings to attach stuff, as well as C clips. Hope this helps?

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/09/11 11:55 PM

OMG FINALLY my first package of actual toy materials has arrived!!!!! laugh

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/09/11 11:56 PM

i figured i'd use the soldering iron to make the holes in the toys ? is the dremel easier to use do you think ?

Posted By: WintersSong

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/10/11 12:10 AM

Originally Posted By: SariYappa
Originally Posted By: Holly1221

Holly, I was wondering what you would be doing with the soldering iron? I make all sorts of toys, and my best friend is the dremel. I don't know this for a fact, but would think that the rosin and lead may be a problem with suggies? (in the solder)... let's look up more info before you go that route... I'll have to see if we have more info on that...

Also, I love to use split "O" rings to attach stuff, as well as C clips. Hope this helps?

I have never heard of an issue with using soldering irons.
Posted By: SugarCrazy

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/10/11 12:12 AM

I LOVE my dremel!!!!! I use it for everything. You can get all kinds of bits for it to cut and drill holes.
Posted By: xoerikae

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/10/11 12:13 AM

i was told to just be careful that there was no left over material on the soldering iron itself. i also wash whatever i use it on once its cooled.

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/10/11 02:21 AM

FYI for all you creative toy making people.( I'm so jealous) I was at Michaels today and they had some really cute things for making toys. If you have a garden or beach cage set theme they had some really cute things and cheap.
They had a plastic watering can for 2 bucks, plastic shovel for a dollar. There not to big and not to small. I'm not creative but I think they could definately be used for making toys. I'll attach a picture and you can see for youself watering can photo

I wish I had taken pictures of some of the other stuff too
If anyone creates a toy do show it off!!

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/10/11 03:13 AM

Very cute watering can!

Ok, back to the soldering iron thing...
I think it is worthy for it's own thread, so lets talk about it HERE "tools for toymaking"

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/10/11 05:30 AM

Pics incomming! Gimme one sec to upload em smile

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/10/11 05:54 AM

My tent, still in progress obviously. Still have toy parts on the way. smile
Posted By: Vona

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/10/11 05:57 AM

Hey there...just wanted to show my first attempt at actual toy making smile I had soooo much fun doing it...hope y'all like it...our babies LOVE it!!!

Attached picture DSCI0004.JPG

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/10/11 05:59 AM

SUPER cute!!! LOVE those huge plastic balls that u have strung together that's so cool! smile

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/10/11 06:00 AM

Thanks smile they're ping pong balls

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/10/11 06:03 AM

nice smile I'm uploading another toy I made for my joey's cage. Getting it prepared for when I separate him.

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/10/11 06:04 AM

awesome can't wait to see laugh

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/10/11 06:06 AM

We went to like a Salvation Army store but not really today and for .50 I found 5 of the CUTEST bowls and I can't wait to make a toy with 'em smile On top of that we found this baby ball toy and I can't wait to see what they think of it but only want to add a couple things at a time because they like to bark all night when there's a new toy added lol

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/10/11 06:18 AM

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/10/11 06:20 AM

thumb Very cute!!! I bet your babies love it smile

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/10/11 06:23 AM

They haven't gotten to play with it yet. It's in the cage I'm preparing for Simba and (eventually, when I adopt her) Tinkerbell. But I'm sure they'll love it. smile

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/10/11 06:25 AM

OOH yeah lol you said that up there ^I'm not all here lol well he'll love it

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/10/11 06:36 AM

hehe ty smile Cant wait till people show us some more toyssss

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/10/11 06:43 AM

http://www.glidercentral.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/1045275/1

have you seen this thread??? AWESOME laugh
Posted By: Bozeman

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/12/11 05:18 PM

Here is a picture of the tree I made today!

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/12/11 05:55 PM

oh nice!! How did u make it?!?!

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/13/11 03:20 AM

tomorrow I will be making some toys with poker chips. I might put duckies on the end of them, not sure. I will post pics after I finish!

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/13/11 04:34 AM

Can't wait to see!

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/13/11 07:30 PM

Casper, I LOVE the tree! I've been thinking about making one for a long time, but I'll be thinking still for a long time... roflmao

Vona and MissTiesa, the toys are coming along great clap
Posted By: fox0r

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/13/11 07:32 PM

Very awesome tree!

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/14/11 01:45 PM

Hi
I am preparing for my first glider to arrive at the end of this month and here are a few toys I have made so far. I do not have a crafty bone in my body but this site and others certainly helped to inspire!!

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/14/11 02:40 PM

@Krissym - I think you have more crafty bones than you think. You did great!!! Love the colors. Keep going... you will need loads of things. Isn't glideritis wonderful!!! clap

@Bozeman - I will be attempting my own tree later this week. You have inspired me! thanks

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/18/11 08:24 AM

It was really easy to make. I had some PVC pipes in the garage and used a heat gun that I borrowed from a friend to shape the tree the way I wanted it. Note that I worked outside as I believe the heating of the PVC pipes could create toxic fumes and that I wiped the completed tree with a damp cloth when done.

To see them jump on the tree every night is great! Gizmogirl and I think that they are now enjoying the glider room even more. LOL.
Posted By: carolinasuggies

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/21/11 04:47 PM

Here is a cute toy I made at Sari's (SariYappa) Saturday night! It is HER design I just added my own twist's to it!

And I also made this toy from my own idea's at Sari's Saturday night!

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/21/11 08:26 PM

clap Looks great!

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/22/11 08:10 AM

Love it! clap

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/22/11 08:21 AM

You guys are all so TALENTED!!!! Well done to all of you!

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/22/11 08:32 AM

Hey, Munchkin, where are your pics? grin
Posted By: saturngirl

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/23/11 08:06 PM

Alicia put up the picture of the coconut toy I made you at Sari's smile

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/24/11 02:50 AM

Originally Posted By: saturngirl
Alicia put up the picture of the coconut toy I made you at Sari's smile

Tara, post the pics of the monkey toy jump
Posted By: dewbug91

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/24/11 03:47 PM

laugh I just bought a whole bunch of toy parts! I'm getting my first pair of gliders this weekend! I can't wait to start making the toys for them!
Posted By: saturngirl

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/24/11 04:08 PM

Here's the monkey toy that Sari is talking about. It's been a huge hit with my suggies smile

Attached picture 005_crop.jpg
Attached picture 008_crop.jpg

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/24/11 04:29 PM

Love the monkey toy!! It's cute. clap and looks like fun. clap

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/24/11 04:35 PM

How do you guys drill the holes into like the cups and stuff?

Edit: haha, Never mind. Sorry guys just woke up smile
Posted By: BattyCoda

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/24/11 05:18 PM

WOW that is an AMAZING tree and very inspiring !!!
Posted By: sugarhut

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/25/11 04:10 AM

Here is one I finished just the other day it's 3 in 1.

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/26/11 01:04 AM

I love it that all of your gliders are getting so spoiled!! thumb

Keep in mind, as you scroll through the pictures in this thread, these toys are being made for people's personal gliders. Therefore, they are not for sale.
Of course not, or they would be in the classifieds! roflmao

For this reason, you may see some designs (like the one Alicia made) that are very similar to those you see sold on vendor's websites.

Thanks for the compliment Alicia laugh
Posted By: ssuver

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 02/28/11 06:36 AM

I can make sleeping and bonding pouches, vines, and hamics but that is the extent of my creativity. I sure wish I had some of your crafty bones!
Posted By: sunjana1

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/01/11 10:21 PM

So um, this is kinda lame, but my boys LOVE it!!

It's just euc sticks and a ball. I actually jammed it full of them, they were in there pretty tight.

But look at the mess they made with it! They managed to get a few out too. smile

Posted By: angelic4296

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/02/11 07:21 AM

Jana,

They went TO TOWN on those euc. sticks, wow....isn't it funny that the simplest toys are always the ones they go for??

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/02/11 10:05 AM

Jana, looks like they had a blast. It doesn't have to be fancy to be fun... great idea. thumb

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/04/11 02:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Bozeman
Here is a picture of the tree I made today!

Just wanted to bump this up. Leigh (leighwhit), I know you want to make this tree. laugh

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/04/11 05:08 PM

My kids had lots of large bead type rattles and I recycle them into toys for Maxey. I'll add some fleece vines to them and makes swings, etc. He loves them! And it allows me to constantly change things up and have new things for him to play with!

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/04/11 07:24 PM

I absolutely want to make that tree and everything else in your glider room!!

Its amazing. You did a great job.

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/04/11 07:27 PM

Liezl,
I was looking through the past posts and saw pictures of the toy around and the forage around. Do you have instructions on how you did those? Is the toy around made with the pvc cable stuff and is that a hula hoop for the forage around? You are so creative. I'm not sure I can copy you fast enough grin

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/04/11 07:38 PM

Go for it Leigh, but remember, for every copy, you owe me a picture of your creation. grin

The forage around is a hoola hoop yes :), for the toy around I used thick electric cord/cable, twisted it around a bottle to shape it, and covered it in fleece. thumb

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/04/11 08:44 PM

Love your cage Krissy!!
How did you make the fleecey vine with the foraging cups hanging down from it. I think its your first picture. Its really cute and would love to attempt to do something like that but I'm creatively challenged confused

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/05/11 06:06 PM

Here is a fleece swing I've made Max. I will do another when I have time!

Attached picture max swing.jpg

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/05/11 06:08 PM

I like it! Did you use a plastic bracelet or ring?

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/05/11 07:14 PM

Habibti812, I think that is a super cute toy. Great idea. smile

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/06/11 02:59 AM

Thank you!

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/06/11 02:59 AM

It's actually a plastic ring type thing... It came from a Leap Frog toy and they were on the back to attach it to the kids Crib.. I figured it would work well!

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/06/11 03:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Habibti812
It's actually a plastic ring type thing... It came from a Leap Frog toy and they were on the back to attach it to the kids Crib.. I figured it would work well!
You can always use a swim ring as well, I've done a similar toy, and it's great when you have several, with different length braids thumb

clap Great job

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/06/11 04:40 AM

here is 2 toys i made with poker chips. currently my toymaking has come to a halt at the moment. i'm waiting for the muse to return !!

toys

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/06/11 05:02 AM

I made a post for hardware net toys but I guess I should posted here. Another reason to read first..LOL sorry but heres my new items for the babies..

So we built our 3 babies a new cage a few months (or more) back. I still had about half a roll of the net left. I was cleaning out the garage and the roll was taunting me. I kept hearing it say make me into something!! Well tonight I did! Here is my babies newest toys! Hope this gives others who hear the same call some ideas.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/justinlovewithu/THE%203PS%202011/SAM_0201.jpg ---bottom of the cage toy

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/justinlovewithu/THE%203PS%202011/SAM_0203.jpg --inside the tunnels

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/justinlovewithu/THE%203PS%202011/SAM_0202.jpg inside 2nd tunnel

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/justinlovewithu/THE%203PS%202011/SAM_0205.jpg ---corner toy that lines up with the bottom one

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/justinlovewithu/THE%203PS%202011/SAM_0206.jpg hanging sleeper

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/justinlovewithu/THE%203PS%202011/SAM_0208.jpg --cross bar toy with forager

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/justinlovewithu/THE%203PS%202011/SAM_0209.jpg bottom of the cage

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/justinlovewithu/THE%203PS%202011/SAM_0207.jpg ---top of the cage

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/06/11 07:20 PM

Looks GREAT clap
Love the cage too thumb

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/06/11 10:38 PM

Georgiaanddonald- great toys and your cage is amazing. Can you post a picture of that too!! That's what I'd like my next cage to look like. Did you make it with the hardware net and how difficult was it??

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/08/11 02:30 AM

back by request here are picts of the cage my hubby and I made a few months back. This cage also has a rope light in the top cross bars for "moon" light for the girls. it wasnt to difficult to make, it was a lot of zip ties and sore fingers and back. but oh so worht it, were already planning an add on to this one! cant wait to get it built!

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/j...ff/DSC08316.jpg

here is my cage done with here is the side view
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/j...ff/DSC08336.jpg

we also put in predrilled holes for the food and water dishes. http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/j...ff/DSC08292.jpg

here is my glade ware forager for the floor of the kennel.
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/j...ff/DSC08374.jpg

and their coconut hangout- yummie and fun to make http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/j...ff/DSC08333.jpg

apple stick chewie thing-- http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/j...ff/DSC08280.jpg

Posted By: angelic4296

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/08/11 05:41 AM

Cool cage!!

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/08/11 01:08 PM

Thanks for posting pictures. That is an awesome cage!!
Posted By: lilangels

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/08/11 08:35 PM

I have spent the last few days doing nothing but making sugar glider toys and cage sets. I seriously think someone needs to step in and take my toy making basket away from me...my kids are starting to complain all I do is make glider stuff smile
I need to figure out how to post a picture of all their new easter bunny collection of toys. I also made a cool ball pit for them where the balls shouldn't get thrown all over the cage. I'll take some pics and try to post them later tonight.

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/08/11 08:42 PM

gorgiaanddonald I love all your toys....they are just wonderful. What a great use for the extra cage stuff. You guys are very creative!!!!

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/08/11 10:17 PM

lilangels, nobody here is going to take away that toy making basket (unless they want to use it!) because we actually encourage glideritis! roflmao

If there was a cure, we wouldn't tell anyone! thumb

Now, where are the pics of those toys you made while ignoring your skin kids? roflmao

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/14/11 06:41 PM

I totally just made my first toy!!! I used two green plastic shot glasses drilled 11-13 holes at the bottom of them. Took some relax and weeved it in and out of the holes. Tied it off and cut it. Then I drilled a hole on the top put some relax there for hanging. Then I took some black pony beads and put them inside and took a soldering gun and melted the 2 halfs of the glasses together! It looks so cute. I will post pictures later smile So happy I got my soldering gun and dremel piece kit today!!

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/14/11 08:07 PM

clap can't wait to see the pics!

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/14/11 10:28 PM

I'm also working on a clown one. I'll post pictures of that one too!! I love this!!!

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/14/11 10:29 PM

Sorry about the double post!

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/15/11 12:29 AM

I just made a pvc pipe tree for my gliders but i am wondering how some people made their pipe bend to look more like tree branches. Someone mentioned heating it but how do you heat it? All advice would be greatly appreciated. My 4 yr old has been playing with her newly sewn stuffed sugar glider on the new tree...hopefully my real babies will like it as much as the stuffed one does...lol!!!

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/15/11 03:20 PM

These are the toys that I made so far smile

http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb478/3babies2/?action=view&current=Picture079.jpg

The first one is a clown toy that I made:) I used my dremel to carve out the eyes,nose,mouth,hair,and bow tie. Then I took food coloring and added the color. I drilled holes on the top and the sides for arms and legs and for the hanging. I used pony beads for the legs and arms smile and put 4 white beads inside then solder it together.

The next is a barrel of monkeys toy smile Simple to make. I had fun with it!

Then I have the next one that was already described in a previous post.

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/15/11 03:29 PM

How did you hold the two cups together?

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/15/11 03:48 PM

I used a soldering gun! I melted them together. The soldering gun I got for 4.00 plus free shipping on ebay. Its a plug in so it makes things easier for me smile My sugar gliders love the last toy! I haven't put the clown one it yet.

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/16/11 01:05 AM

Oh the clown is so cute! clap

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/16/11 03:27 AM

I haven't put it in their cage yet. I don't want them to think that they are spoiled! LOL

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/16/11 09:21 AM

Bozeman used a heat gun to bend the tree branches. thumb

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/18/11 02:25 AM

Gizmo is bending the tree branches with a heat gun hard? Do the pvc pipes go flat when you heat them to bend them? My boyfriend told me this would never work. I sooo want to prove him wrong smile

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/18/11 02:39 AM

I would end up with burnt PVC. For sure. wink

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/18/11 07:47 AM

Originally Posted By: lilangels
Gizmo is bending the tree branches with a heat gun hard? Do the pvc pipes go flat when you heat them to bend them? My boyfriend told me this would never work. I sooo want to prove him wrong smile

dunno Casper surprised me with the tree one afternoon. Will ask him to give his thoughts. thumb

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/18/11 07:56 AM

LOL. It is not difficult at all. No hard work. Just make sure that you wear gloves as the pipe tends to get really warm when you heat it with the heat gun.

You must make sure that you do not actually "touch" the pipe with the heat gun and that you keep the nozzle about 1 to 2 cm away from the pipe. You also need to move the nozzle the whole time, like a hair dryer. Do not concentrate on one area, then you will see the pipe goes darker.

You need to bend the pipe slowly, then the pipe will NOT go flat.

Remember to do this in a well ventilated area.

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/18/11 07:10 PM

I was also told that you can put sand in the pipe before heating. That way, as you bend it, it still keeps it's shape. It's always nice to prove our men wrong. roflmao Sorry Casper.
Posted By: Kryssidog

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/18/11 07:36 PM

Oh but "noooo". If I know I gonna be proving my hubby wrong I have to do it when he's there and pretend I didn't know it really was gonna work. Otherwise, I'm the bad guy. Just sayin-

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/18/11 10:18 PM

Thanks you guys...Now I wanna get a heat gun and make another tree with curved branches. My babies are loving the tree we just made them...it is adorable but me being me I now have to try to do it better...lol!!! Today I am on my 3rd bonding pouch because I just haven't been happy with all the regular designs of bonding pouches. Has anyone tried over the neck pouches that would rest kinda like a purse under your arm. I hate how the pouches flop and toss my babies around and how they seem to be getting pushes on all the time. I have daycare so always picking kids up. Any ideas?
Posted By: rubberduc

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/19/11 09:16 PM

saw this post, and it inspired me! heres my first attempts after a walmart run and some dollar store finds. they love the barrel of moneys one, and they look adorable sitting in the train! havent tried the others out on them yet. windmills are simple, but might be entertaining? i got the choo-choo at petsmart. its a tunnel for hamsters, but theres a rim on the bottom so i put mealies in the tunnel for them to find, and the worms cant crawl out.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/40269917@N08/5541025692/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/40269917@N08/5541027036/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/40269917@N08/5540447363/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/40269917@N08/5540449091/in/photostream/

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/19/11 09:58 PM

how do i make them show up as a picture or link??

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/19/11 11:27 PM

I use photo bucket and just copy and paste the addy. Also photo bucket can re-size so it is allowed here.

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/20/11 01:16 AM

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/20/11 01:16 AM

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/20/11 12:01 PM

st0386 , Love it, love it, love it!!!!!!! clap

Re: Home-Made Toys (Part 2)! - 03/20/11 05:47 PM

Home-made toys ' let's see 'em, PART 3 HERE
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL