GliderCENTRAL

Not So Merry in Maryland

Posted By: Terry

Not So Merry in Maryland - 01/28/18 11:18 PM

Ugh, missing my desert, especially views of the Superstitions! Why can't my family have lived in AZ? AZ is my soul state! Lol
Posted By: Feather

Re: Not So Merry in Maryland - 01/29/18 01:44 AM

What are the superstitions?

Re: Not So Merry in Maryland - 01/29/18 04:18 AM

Beautiful mountains! I don't know how to explain it, but since the first time I saw them, the sight of them gives me a sense of peace and belonging , like everything is going to be okay.

The Grand Canyon is awesomely beautiful, and Sedona is as well, far beyond the beauty of the Supes, but the Supes just have an allure to me.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Not So Merry in Maryland - 01/29/18 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Terry
Beautiful mountains! I don't know how to explain it, but since the first time I saw them, the sight of them gives me a sense of peace and belonging , like everything is going to be okay.

The Grand Canyon is awesomely beautiful, and Sedona is as well, far beyond the beauty of the Supes, but the Supes just have an allure to me.

Completely understand what you mean, Terry. It's your Happy Place agree

I think many of us have a place just like that where we go to recharge. Where we feel grounded and everything is okay. Once a year I visit my place. Wish it could be more but then it probably wouldn't be so special.

Re: Not So Merry in Maryland - 01/29/18 11:29 PM

You nailed it Karen! My happy place! That's exactly correct!
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Not So Merry in Maryland - 01/30/18 12:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Terry
You nailed it Karen! My happy place! That's exactly correct!

If I were where you with all the cold weather you're having, I would choose the Catalina mountains I can see from my Dad's Front yard in Tucson.

My true happy place is Cumberland Falls, KY. I want to go back and see a Moonbow. It's a rainbow seen by the full moon. It is also where Hubby took me on our first date.

Re: Not So Merry in Maryland - 01/31/18 12:56 AM

Dawn, that sounds both fascinating and romantic! Hope you two get to get back there someday.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL