GliderCENTRAL

Bonded with one and not other.

Posted By: KC16

Bonded with one and not other. - 07/12/19 06:30 PM

Hi there!
I'm new to this forum and my sugar babies. I have 2 bonded neutered males. I got them from a lady who wanted to rehome them about 1.5 months ago. I'm not really sure of their exact age but under a yr old. Their names are Rocket and Pocket. I have pretty successfully bonded with rocket. He comes to the front of the cage when he hears me and will climb on my hand when he's out. I am in fact trying to type this with one hand bc my other is snuggling him in his pouch. Pocket on the other hand does not want much to do with me. He is in my pillow case where he always goes. I have read several things on here and know that it's normal for one to bond before the other. I am giving him his time and being patient. What I did want to know, is it ok to take just rocket out to play with and snuggle and leave pocket in his cage where he feels safe? I dont want him to be lonely or sad but I feel like I could start taking rocket around the house with me and we'd really enjoy each other.

On a side note: I'm also going on vacation for a week. I have a very capable and sweet person to take care of them but I have to take their cage to her house. I am going to sleep with their pouch and some fleece to keep my scent in the cage but does anyone have any tips or advice while I'm away? I'm gonna miss them so much.

Thank you in advance,
KC
Posted By: wvglidermomma

Re: Bonded with one and not other. - 07/12/19 07:47 PM

I have one girl who is completely bonded to me. I can pull her out of the cage and she will sit on my shoulder throughout the house. If I tried it with any of my others, I'd be sugar glider chasing for forever lol

I just leave the rest in the cage and then have tent time with them later, so they can still run around at free will in the tent, but still be hanging out/bonding with me at the same time. They definitely bond at their own pace, Ivy took months to get her off the side of the tent and hanging out on us, while the others had been doing it basically the whole time.

As for travelling, I am no help. I have a friend come over and feed them daily when we are away.

Hope this was helpful!
Posted By: Feather

Re: Bonded with one and not other. - 07/12/19 11:41 PM

Seeing as they are going to be in a strange house, I would make sure she gets their dinner in the cage well before they wake up. Also stress the importance of securing doors on the cage.
Posted By: KC16

Re: Bonded with one and not other. - 07/13/19 12:10 AM

Thank you both very much. Both replies helped a lot.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL