GliderCENTRAL

How should I tame my adopted sugar glider

Posted By: Jobaby123

How should I tame my adopted sugar glider - 02/24/19 06:45 PM

So I just adopted a sugar glider. He five years old never been handled because he bites an very energetic he will bite everything that comes his way even dry wall. I was told from the last owners. I put a shirt that I wore everynight for a week inside so he gets my smells an I usually rub his back when he eats an he seems fine so idk what to do I will grab him an handle but I dont know the steps to do so I've watch videos an read from websites need help asap wanna give him a good home his cage is upgraded an everything from wheel to food bowls
Posted By: KarenE

Re: How should I tame my adopted sugar glider - 02/24/19 06:59 PM

Building a Relationship with your Glider

Into the Bonding Pit

These two articles are invaluable for new owners, especially with an older one who has never been handles. Do NOT grab the glider and force it to be held shakehead You must be patient and go at the gliders pace rather than yours.

Rubbing the glider's back while eating is a step in the right direction, however, when you know he has had enough, don't force him to take any more.
Posted By: Jobaby123

Re: How should I tame my adopted sugar glider - 02/24/19 07:28 PM

Okay thank you🤕
Posted By: kiev44

Re: How should I tame my adopted sugar glider - 03/10/19 04:33 AM

Gliders hate being constrained, so I advice you to never attempt holding him in your hand. It's not a dog... It really is a wild animal that you can eventually tame and teach not to be afraid of you. I advice you not to force him to do anything. Just be patient.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL