GliderCENTRAL

Is jersey safe?

Posted By: lilqwen

Is jersey safe? - 04/28/17 09:00 PM

So it's already starting to get hot where I live, and it'll stay that way through about October/November. So I was wondering if jersey/tshirt fabric was safe to use in my glider cage. I want to make new sleeping and bonding pouches out of jersey so they don't overheat. I run fans and the ac in my house but I still want them to feel comfortable. Or is fleece the only safe fabric?
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Is jersey safe? - 04/28/17 10:27 PM

I would not use jersey because it can snag which could cause them to get a toe or nail caught.

You can make single layer fleece pouches and not use blankets in the very hot months. With a/c they should be fine.

If you think their room is warm, a fan to circulate the air is also fine. Just don't blow it directly on them.

Re: Is jersey safe? - 04/29/17 12:27 AM

What about flannel? Because if I leave the house with them in their bonding pouch I don't want them to overheat outside
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Is jersey safe? - 04/29/17 08:29 AM

Fleece does breathe and wicks moisture.

Some have made pouches out of cotton or flannel, however, I won't risk it.

In their cage in summer, I offer a double fleece and single fleece pouch. If it gets too warm, mine will sleep on a corner hammock. I need to make an OE pouch for this purpose.

I use antipill fleece for summer single wall pouches. Make them a bit roomy.

Re: Is jersey safe? - 04/29/17 05:20 PM

If you make them a single layer fleece pouch where do you leave the seams? Are they seams better on the outside of the pouch?

Re: Is jersey safe? - 04/29/17 10:09 PM

Yes. They are keep your stitches tight and thread trimmed.

Re: Is jersey safe? - 05/01/17 03:38 AM

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the help ☺

Re: Is jersey safe? - 05/01/17 11:09 AM

:urwelcome:

If you have any concerns please let us know.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL