GliderCENTRAL

The Sugar Glider Genetics Project

Posted By: GliderNursery

The Sugar Glider Genetics Project - 05/08/13 08:44 PM

Dr. Clare Holleley, PhD is conducting The Sugar Glider Research Project in Australia. She created a video commercial that I was honored to debut at the 2013 OSGA to help us better understand her research. If you are interested in her research project, please visit her website:

The Sugar Glider Genetics Project
Posted By: KaliKatka

Re: The Sugar Glider Genetics Project - 05/09/13 06:24 AM

If you are interested in contributing DNA samples to this project please contact me. I have a non invasive method for collection that does not require neutering.

Re: The Sugar Glider Genetics Project - 07/21/13 08:27 PM

There are only 10 days left to donate to this wonderful research project! Currently at 76% of the goal, we still have a ways to go!

This is just the beginning for reseach on sugar gliders. For years we have wanted this, and now its being done! This is going to open the doors for so much for these wonderful pets! Please, if you are a breeder, an ower - or even if you just think they are cute, please consider making a donation. We're not asking for a lot, every $10 will help! 100% of all donations goes directly to the research project. Thank you!!

DONATE HERE

Re: The Sugar Glider Genetics Project - 07/24/13 02:42 PM

There are only 7 days left for this funding campaign! This is the first real research project being done for sugar gliders. It is going to offer us so much information and opportunities to do more for them. This project has drawn international interest, wouldn't it be great to know you were involved?

We are currently at 78% of the goal!

Please donate HERE!

Re: The Sugar Glider Genetics Project - 07/27/13 08:46 PM

Thank you to those at the SGGA that are doing cash donations! And the live auction, with proceeds going to the reasearch project...Absolutely Awesome!! smile :yes:

Re: The Sugar Glider Genetics Project - 07/27/13 10:33 PM

dance Today, those at the SGGA made cash donations and held an auction and raised $920.00! :yes: This donation will be made tomorrow (in case there are others that donate later today). Once this donation is in, we only need $756.00 to meet the goal.

24-HOUR CHALLENGE!

Let's hit that goal of $8,200.00 "before" the deadline. Anyone that hasn't donated yet - please do so within the next 24 hours! Let's show everyone how much we care about our gliders!

Re: The Sugar Glider Genetics Project - 07/28/13 07:41 PM

The SGGA raised $1,000.00!!! Yep, you heard me! $1,000.00!!! smile

Just a little bit more to go!
Posted By: jacknsally

Re: The Sugar Glider Genetics Project - 07/29/13 03:07 PM

Originally Posted By: GliderNursery
The SGGA raised $1,000.00!!! Yep, you heard me! $1,000.00!!! smile

Just a little bit more to go!

It was amazing!!

We are so close. Donate today, every little bit counts!

Re: The Sugar Glider Genetics Project - 07/30/13 11:46 PM

I'm happy to announce that the funding goal for the Sugar Glider Genetics Project has not only been met, but has been exceeded! Thank you to each and every one of you that donated!

thanks thanks thanks

Re: The Sugar Glider Genetics Project - 07/31/13 03:30 AM

Thank you to everyone that donated. Every little bit helped. It doesn't matter if you contributed $1 or $1,000, it all helped.

I know this started out as a "breeders" thing with the color genetics, but the doors really have been opened for addtional research. I'm happy to have been a small part in this by doing what I do best, "running my mouth" and getting the word out. Funny how this funding campaign literally started by me asking Dr. Holleley to do that video for the OSGA. She now has over $9,000 for this project because of so many glider owners and their love for gliders.

I'm so excited over this project and the answers it will provide, but I'm equally excited to see so many people come together and making donations. Many of those that donated were not breeders, and that really made me happy!
Posted By: CindyBee

Re: The Sugar Glider Genetics Project - 07/31/13 09:32 PM

:yes: jump clap :party2: :ghug: jump

That is awesome news!!! Great job in spreading the word Shelly!!
Posted By: Dayton Gliders

Re: The Sugar Glider Genetics Project - 08/01/13 02:24 AM

I am very excited to see what we can gain from this research!

Re: The Sugar Glider Genetics Project - 08/28/13 12:41 AM

I am too Reggie! I'm hoping the findings will answer a lot of questions we currently have as well as open doors for other forms of research regarding sugar gliders. smile

Re: The Sugar Glider Genetics Project - 10/01/13 03:13 PM

The University of Canberra has set up a specific secure payment portal for future and on-going donations for anyone who would like to contribute to the Sugar Glider Genetics Project. All funds will go directly to the project.

Donate Today!
Posted By: Marsupial_Mayhem

Re: The Sugar Glider Genetics Project - 10/18/13 02:33 AM

Like, like, like.

LOL.

Re: The Sugar Glider Genetics Project - 09/20/14 06:22 PM

Update from the Sugar Glider Genetics Project By Dr. Clare Holleley, PhD:

© 2024 GliderCENTRAL