GliderCENTRAL

How To Embed Videos

Posted By: KarenE

How To Embed Videos - 08/12/13 03:28 AM

Thanks for the tutorial, Eddie wink

Originally Posted By: gliderdad79
You will now notice a new image in the text editor next to the image button as shown below

(Click for larger image)

When you click that you will have a drop down where you can select Youtube

(Click for larger image)

After you select Youtube, a box will pop up where you enter either the full url or just the last part of it as seen below.

(Click for larger image)
Posted By: KarenE

Re: How To Embed Videos - 08/13/13 01:36 AM

Thank you, StitchsMom/Jenny. This is the same as embedding when you use the IMG code for videos.

Originally Posted By: StitchsMom
This is all about how to add pictures using an IMG code. Once you get the hang of it, this is a very quick and easy way to upload a photo to your post.

This method does require that you use a picture hosting site such as Photobucket (which is what I will use for this tutorial). Just a reminder that you can right click and select View Image or Open in New Tab to see the full-size of any image in this tutorial.

Go to your hosting site and click upload:

Click Select Photos and Videos:

Select the photo you want to upload. You can select multiple pics at this point by holding Control as you choose your pictures. For the sake of this tutorial, I will only be using one.

Click on View Album:

Once in your album (again, this is using Photobucket), you can hover over the picture and little links appear below the pic. You want the IMG code! Click on it to copy it in photobucket. Now, go to your post and click paste. Once this code is pasted into your post, your pic has been added!

There are other ways of doing this, but I find this way to be the most direct and simple. You can click on a picture in your photobucket album and find the same IMG code on the right side of the screen and use that as well.

You can also use the direct link. Let's say you have a picture on Facebook that you want to share. Go to that picture and open it in a new tab or window. Right click on the picture and click on View Image Info:

A new window opens. Copy the location of the picture (make sure to get the entire thing!):

Now, go back to your post here on GliderCENTRAL and select the enter an image icon:

Select the way you want your pic to post. Most choose the top option (Insert a non-floating image). This produces pictures as seen in this tutorial. Paste the address you copied previously (control + V) into the box and click okay. This will add your picture directly to the post!

I hope this tutorial helps out with how to add pictures to posts. I know it may look complicated at first glance, but I promise that it gets really easy with just a little practice. wink

Good luck and enjoy sharing pictures!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL