GliderCENTRAL

Fat sugar glider or something else?

Posted By: Karaxd

Fat sugar glider or something else? - 11/16/20 03:54 AM

I have three sugar gliders that I earlier this year as a result of rehoming one mother and two females. The mother snail is around 2-3 years old, The first born girl leaf is most likely around one and a half and the youngest pebble is almost or just past a year. I don't know any of their exact ages as the previous owner just gave me estimations. Snail had the two girls in separate litters each were a litter of two with only one suggie making it from each litter. Since I've had them they all were relatively the same size though the youngest has been smaller. Today I noticed leaf the older daughter was a lot larger than the other two so I weighed them all (crudely). Snail was 90 Pebble was 80 but Leaf was 110. Leaf doesn't have the most dominant personality and I don't think she'd be that controlling of food they all get along well and eat at what I see as similar paces and amounts. Has anyone had similar experiences, is there a possibility the previous owner misgendered one of them, or is it any health concern. They are all within a healthy weight range but one is just so much bigger than the others
Posted By: Feather

Re: Fat sugar glider or something else? - 11/16/20 05:07 AM

I don't consider the one over weight.

To make sure she isn't hogging the food, divide their dinner into several station throughout the cage.

I personally would like to see them all at a minimum of 100 grams. The other two may run in the wheel more than the little chub.
© 2021 GliderCENTRAL