GliderCENTRAL

Suggested research?

Posted By: Bella

Suggested research? - 03/19/19 01:55 AM

Hi! I have been researching suggies for a while and I have run out of places to look! I want to research as much as possible! I have watched YouTube channels such as, “cataleah”, “awesome sugar glider mommy”, “Lauren”, “Elissa brianne”, and others. I have read too many articles than I can count. Does anyone know any other youtubers or articles for me to check out? I want to be as prepared as possible for my babies❤️ Thank you so much in advance!
Posted By: Feather

Re: Suggested research? - 03/19/19 02:28 AM

Hi and Welcome to GliderCENTRAL!!!

Have you read in the archives here on GliderCENTRAL?

I would suggest reading, write any questions down that you come up with while reading and then ask them in the appropriate forum.
Posted By: Hutch

Re: Suggested research? - 03/19/19 03:41 AM

An archive of Sun Coast's discontinued newsletter:
GliderVet Archive
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Suggested research? - 03/19/19 01:16 PM

:welcome2: to GC!

Have you started your check off list yet? Like the following:

Have you found a breeder?

An exotic vet experienced with sugar gliders?

Safe wheels?

Sleeping pouches?

A safe cage with 1/2" or less spacing?

Enrichment toys?

Bonding bag?

A plan for tent / bathroom time?

Picked out a diet?

Will you get Joey's or rescues?

Nail clipping supplies?

What kind of dishes will you use?
I probably forgot something...

There are several utubers that have very good information, some not so good, and some have tips that work for them, but not for everyone.

Here in the archives, is a ton of info, depending on what questions/ concerns you still may have.

Good luck and please ask any questions you may have.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Suggested research? - 03/19/19 02:12 PM

:welcomegc:

You have been given some great advice/suggestions. I would also caution you about the YouTube videos. As already stated, some are very good while others are sketchy at best.

We have wonderful Archives here and are always willing to answer any questions you might have. You can embed any YouTube video you find with questions as well.

We would love to help you on your journey to glider ownership agree
Posted By: Bella

Re: Suggested research? - 03/19/19 02:44 PM

Ladymagyver, I have figured out everything on the list except for breeder/rescue and vet, I’m still looking! I also haven’t bought anything yet becuase I don’t want to buy the wrong thing and later find out that it is wrong! I will check out GliderCENTRAL archives that you mentioned! Thanks!!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL