Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Part 2: There's something seriously wrong... [Re: ] #831933
09/02/09 06:43 PM
09/02/09 06:43 PM

B
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
B

My apologies to you Nicole for hijacking!!

Re: Part 2: There's something seriously wrong... [Re: ] #831934
09/02/09 06:44 PM
09/02/09 06:44 PM

B
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
B

Cora.. do you balance out your HPW with fruits and veggies for a 2:1 ratio?

Re: Part 2: There's something seriously wrong... [Re: ] #831940
09/02/09 06:50 PM
09/02/09 06:50 PM
Spring, Texas
Trigger Offline
Glider Addict
Trigger  Offline
Glider Addict

Spring, Texas
Originally Posted By: BabyLoveGliders
I am NOT saying that diet is the cause.. All I am saying is the HPW diet is lacking in calcuim... The mix is lower in calcium than a 2-1 ratio. The diet IF fed using fruits & vegis to balance it, is not lacking.

Peggy you being the "creator" of this diet.. dont you think when people say.."Hey Peggy what fruits and veggies to you feed with YOUR diet"... that, they would indeed take that as your recommendation? but hey...I could be wrong. Kris, that question is debatable. Some do & some don't. I knew what Peggy fed & never have fed the same produce as her. I've read many times what she feeds & just never felt it was right for me, just as half the things I feed you probably don't.

Kris start searching old posts on HPW. ALL Lucky_gliders stuff is still here. He even went so far as to make up "dummy menus" for people that just couldn't figure out the math. Now we have Candy's calculater to figure up anything we can imagine. This is not new.
Look back at some of the Fruits & vegis with HPW posts. There are always a few people that throw in their $.02 about the ratios. I know because I am one of them. Alden also was out front advising the use of fruits & vegis to bring up the calcium.

Sorry why would you link a newby to a diet that requires work without warning them? I don't. I let them know up front they WILL need to calculate ratios & inform them that if they want an easy diet go with BML.
Sorry but in my opinion ALL owners should be doing research on what affects their pets, after all what do we tell newbies..........research, read the threads here, ask questions. LEARN about gliders.

Sorry but this is really just good ol common sense.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»MO MONEY!»-(¯`v´¯)-»
kids Chance, Dylan, John, & Kayla
Skittles, Snupi, Snuki, Lucy, Shanu, Caspian, Ivy, Kalysta, Kaliya, Santee, Cheyenne, Apache, Comanche, Twirpy, Meribelle, Santeria, Shyamalan, Sebastian, Zoey, Naira & Katsu
www.jensfuzzyfriends.com
Re: Part 2: There's something seriously wrong... [Re: Srlb] #831942
09/02/09 06:52 PM
09/02/09 06:52 PM
Ohio
Guerita135 Offline OP
Glider Addict
Guerita135  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Ohio
Thanks Peggy! The gliders won't be going in til Tuesday and it'll probably take another 2 days after that to get the results, so it's no rush. I'll also ask my vet for a copy of the bloodwork so I can know exactly what the numbers were for everything.

I just want to step in real quick and say that I am not saying HPW IS the problem. I'm simply looking at it as one of the POSSIBLE causes. Anyone who reads over all I've written will see that it's just one of about 50 things, lol. We've narrowed down some of the things and it's one of the few that's left.

The reason why I'm getting the bloodwork done on the other gliders is because I want to know, for sure, whether or not their diet is the cause. I LOVE HPW and so do my gliders! It's the easiest and cheapest diet to feed, all my gliders look great since being on it and I've always been an advocate of it. I even SELL it on my website. So, obviously, I'd LOVE for it not to be the cause. However, after reading what I've read, I can't help but to be a concerned glider-mommy. I will NOT make any big changes, however, until I have more info.

If we get the results back next week and Woodrow is, indeed, low on calcium(and iron...I forgot to ask the vet to check the iron on Leda), then I'll be getting some of the other gliders tested as well. I'd like to get a breeding female and at least 1 of the older gliders tested. Perhaps Carmine and Athena or Adore since those gliders are all in tip-top health and eat all their food. Carmine is neutered and a bigger glider(not obese, just big), so it'll be good to have the variety.

I don't have the money to get all my gliders tested at once, otherwise I would, but I'd like to get some variety on who we are tested to see who all is getting effected and WHAT is causing the issues.

This is far from over, I know that, but I'm trying to keep you guys posted on what I find so we can have more brains looking into it than just my one, measly, forgetful one, lol.

Anyways...

Peggy, yes, they did an x-ray on Leda. Not on Rosa because the vet wanted to wait for the test results to come back from the C&S first before putting her under for more stressful testing. Now that she's got joeys IP the vet doesn't want to put her under, so I'm going to have to go off the into from Arby and the other gliders for now until Rosa's joeys are OOP(or, if she pulls them, which, if she's calcium deficient, she very well might). I'll be checking Rosa each day to see what happens with the joeys and if she pulls them I'll take her to the vet to get the bloodwork done.

The vet didn't give me the actual x-ray of Leda, but she took a picture of it for me. I scanned it to my computer. Here it is:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u67/Tortiebaby/other/x-ray.jpg

It was taken about a week before the SGGA.

~Nicole~

Proudly enslaved by lots of silly suggies, 3 crazy kitties, a huffy hedgie, and a pretty puppy! grin
Re: Part 2: There's something seriously wrong... [Re: Trigger] #831951
09/02/09 07:04 PM
09/02/09 07:04 PM

B
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
B

Originally Posted By: Trigger
I am NOT saying that diet is the cause.. All I am saying is the HPW diet is lacking in calcuim... The mix is lower in calcium than a 2-1 ratio. The diet IF fed using fruits & vegis to balance it, is not lacking.

Peggy you being the "creator" of this diet.. dont you think when people say.."Hey Peggy what fruits and veggies to you feed with YOUR diet"... that, they would indeed take that as your recommendation? but hey...I could be wrong. Kris, that question is debatable. Some do & some don't. I knew what Peggy fed & never have fed the same produce as her. I've read many times what she feeds & just never felt it was right for me, just as half the things I feed you probably don't.

Kris start searching old posts on HPW. ALL Lucky_gliders stuff is still here. He even went so far as to make up "dummy menus" for people that just couldn't figure out the math. Now we have Candy's calculater to figure up anything we can imagine. This is not new.
Look back at some of the Fruits & vegis with HPW posts. There are always a few people that throw in their $.02 about the ratios. I know because I am one of them. Alden also was out front advising the use of fruits & vegis to bring up the calcium.

Sorry why would you link a newby to a diet that requires work without warning them? I don't. I let them know up front they WILL need to calculate ratios & inform them that if they want an easy diet go with BML.
Sorry but in my opinion ALL owners should be doing research on what affects their pets, after all what do we tell newbies..........research, read the threads here, ask questions. LEARN about gliders.

Sorry but this is really just good ol common sense.

I have spent countless hours reading every single thread in the diet section here, GG, etc dating back to 1998. I am aware that many people have started balancing out the diet properly but it is not written to do that... people just dont know! They ask and by the person they think is the creator is told frozen veggies.. that's of course what they do. At last account Peggy was not even feeding fruit. So when they see her doing that.. they think she knows best.. and honestly why wouldnt they??

Why do people link to the diet section? I dont know.. I certainly dont.. but you go and read how many posts just in one day that the mods and members link to the diet section.. Heck I even PMed Eddie and asked about it. That is what's being done. Yes people SHOULD research what they feed.. I wish I had 4 years ago when I started but I trusted blindly.. like so many new people do. I just feel it needs to be explained completely!

Re: Part 2: There's something seriously wrong... [Re: ] #831960
09/02/09 07:25 PM
09/02/09 07:25 PM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
Quote:
At last account Peggy was not even feeding fruit

My gliders Do Not eat hardly ANY fruits at all. I do offer it ever night, but they hardly touch it so I do not offer as much as I used to.

Now, once again, this is NICOLES thread trying to find out what is wrong with HER GLIDERS Kris. I will not sit and argue diets with you or anyone else. Why not just open your own thread and post what you are really trying to get at and get it over with. I know I for one am interesting in seeing the diet *YOU* created!! grin I also wish you and your gliders well with it.

Peggy
Critter Love
Critter Love� Diet Center

If you want to know what a person is like, watch how he treats others.

You'll never know what the outcome is if you don't step up and try.

Re: Part 2: There's something seriously wrong... [Re: Srlb] #831979
09/02/09 08:13 PM
09/02/09 08:13 PM

B
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
B

Originally Posted By: Srlb
Quote:
At last account Peggy was not even feeding fruit

My gliders Do Not eat hardly ANY fruits at all. I do offer it ever night, but they hardly touch it so I do not offer as much as I used to.

Now, once again, this is NICOLES thread trying to find out what is wrong with HER GLIDERS Kris. I will not sit and argue diets with you or anyone else. Why not just open your own thread and post what you are really trying to get at and get it over with. I know I for one am interesting in seeing the diet *YOU* created!! grin I also wish you and your gliders well with it.

Who's arguing? I have no hidden agenda here Peggy.. I am speaking the truth and only the truth as always.. trying to make people stop caring for their gliders off blind faith. I think whoever created the HPW diet needs to step up and take some responsibility for it.

Re: Part 2: There's something seriously wrong... [Re: ] #832002
09/02/09 08:50 PM
09/02/09 08:50 PM
Kansas City, MO
Laurens_Babies Offline
Glider Addict
Laurens_Babies  Offline
Glider Addict

Kansas City, MO
This isn't about diet bashing people! The HPW diet is unbalanced in 2:1 it just IS. There is not enough calcium and Nicole who followed HPW to the letter of the law possibly a little too blindly is now having calcium deficiency problems. Peggy/Tammy everyone else its time to work together to improve what is going into our gliders mouths. I think HPW was a good diet a great step up, I went from feeding all natural diet of my own like a bagillion years ago to Sun Coast 3 years ago and for the past 2+ years I've been feeding HPW. Each move was a step up in my thinking and care for my gliders but now is the time to make another step up. You don't fix something thats not broke huh? Well I disagree you aren't an MRI or CAT scan machine you don't know there is a problem usually til there is one. Yes Peggy I know you do blood panels and xrays but if you take a to the eye, a health glider and just to random tests you don't always catch something if your not looking for it. My dog has been sick for 3 months!! Xrays, blood panels ... yadda yaadddaa yadddaaa they couldn't find anything til finally the started doing the most random test and they figured it out , so screenings don't always catch whats to come in two years. I say fix it before it gets broke!

Peggy have you ever worried about the soy amounts in HPW (not the diet )?

Last edited by Laurens_Babies; 09/02/09 08:51 PM.

~Lauren

Lauren's Animal Kingdom
*Website is down temporarily should be back up by November!*
Re: Part 2: There's something seriously wrong... [Re: Laurens_Babies] #832004
09/02/09 08:56 PM
09/02/09 08:56 PM
Kansas City, MO
Laurens_Babies Offline
Glider Addict
Laurens_Babies  Offline
Glider Addict

Kansas City, MO
Just because we aren't seeing more health problems with gliders on HPW for many years doesn't mean there isn't a problem. People who have owned gliders for around 10 years many of them will tell you when they first started feeding they fed fruits, veggies maybe some protein. MANY of them lived into their teens, its where we get our numbers for how long they are supposed to live.. does that mean that was a GOOD diet and well balanced for healthy living?? No. A person can live off burger and fries, does it mean they should?

~Lauren

Lauren's Animal Kingdom
Re: Part 2: There's something seriously wrong... [Re: Laurens_Babies] #832007
09/02/09 09:01 PM
09/02/09 09:01 PM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
Quote:
Peggy have you ever worried about the soy amounts in HPW

No I have not.

As I have stated MANY times before, everyone should consult with THEIR vets prior to using ANY diet...

If you are NOT happy with the diet you see in front of you, by all means DONT use it.

I am trying to say here, Nicole has sick gliders, several different reasons apparently...to me this shows all signs of a secondary HLP problem and I would LOVE for her vet to call and speak with mine. Tristan will not call to discuss a vets clients issues unless they call him first.

I believe, if it were indeed the diet with as many folks that feed it we would see more issues than just one glider. Or should I say one persons gliders.

And yes, I DO the exams, they are called WELLNESS exams, I take them in when they are HEALTHY to make sure they STAY healthy...knock on wood and thank God, so far I have been EXTREMELY fortunate with my gliders and their health.

For me and my gliders, their diet is fine and is not and has not been an issue. WHY would I change it now and take the chance of their chemicals becoming imbalanced from the change of things entering into their bodies?

IF my gliders were ill from their diet, YES, I would change it in a minute. Do I think the HPW is the *perfect diet*....NO, I dont think there will EVER be a *perfect diet* no matter how many people work on it and study it...

Lauren you say that Nicole followed her diet to the letter of the law...how do we KNOW she did? How do we know how many mealies she fed, or how many treats she fed, or if she ran out of something she didnt substitute anything?? Even I dont feed a diet to the letter of the law all the time...and ANYONE who says they do...will be trying to pull wool over your eyes. NONE of us are perfect when it comes to that.

I have said in the beginning and I will say it now, I do NOT believe this is diet related. Too many other things going on at Nicoles house and if it WERE diet, ALL of her gliders would be experiencing something similar.

Peggy
Critter Love

Re: Part 2: There's something seriously wrong... [Re: Srlb] #832009
09/02/09 09:17 PM
09/02/09 09:17 PM

B
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
B

Quote:
Lauren you say that Nicole followed her diet to the letter of the law...how do we KNOW she did? How do we know how many mealies she fed, or how many treats she fed, or if she ran out of something she didnt substitute anything??

Those are great questions... How many mealies does the HPW call for? Treats? what kind and how many? can you substitute anything?

Re: Part 2: There's something seriously wrong... [Re: ] #832013
09/02/09 09:23 PM
09/02/09 09:23 PM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
These are things YOU should ask YOUR vet Kris when researching if this diet is the right one for you and your gliders. thumb

Peggy
Critter Love

Re: Part 2: There's something seriously wrong... [Re: Srlb] #832019
09/02/09 09:33 PM
09/02/09 09:33 PM

B
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
B

LOL How would he know if it was right for us or not without these questions answered?? He didnt create it and it is not complete without them correct?

Also Peggy you say you have no health problems with your gliders... isnt one ill with liver issues? and didnt one die from kidney issues?

Re: Part 2: There's something seriously wrong... [Re: ] #832023
09/02/09 09:36 PM
09/02/09 09:36 PM

B
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
B

anyway... this is Nicoles thread and I'm sorry again I hijacked it!!

Hugs Nicole!

Re: Part 2: There's something seriously wrong... [Re: ] #832026
09/02/09 09:39 PM
09/02/09 09:39 PM
Kansas City, MO
Laurens_Babies Offline
Glider Addict
Laurens_Babies  Offline
Glider Addict

Kansas City, MO

This shows that Dashers liver is indeed failing.

http://www.glidercentral.net/ubbthreads/...mber#Post811115

Peggy this is exactly my point, I'm not trying to rub salt in the wound I know you love Dasher very much but he has been on HPW for 4 years how do you KNOW that soy in the HPW isn't causing issues? Health problems can lead to cancer or cancer can magnify those health issues. HPW isn't balanced for calcium and the soy in it can cause health problems in the gliders such as liver issues.

~Lauren

Lauren's Animal Kingdom
Re: Part 2: There's something seriously wrong... [Re: Laurens_Babies] #832034
09/02/09 09:47 PM
09/02/09 09:47 PM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
diet has NOTHING to do with Dasher. His calcium levels and everything BUT the bile acid test was GOOD...so if we are going to start pulling things out, we need to pull it ALL out.

Also, once again, IF it were diet related, why are there not MORE gliders??

You all point at diet because it is the *Easy* answer...just like when a glider dies of liver problems, you automatically ASSUME it is from diet...the vets will tell you it is probably from diets because they dont understand the way a glider body works, but if folks would get the proper testing done we might have more answers.

Once again, this is NOT about MY gliders, mine are Healthy, yes Dasher DOES have *Something* going on, but I have chosen not to do any of the *testing* on him when he is living a perfectly happy life right now. When he does finally go, and lets all face it, they all will one day, he will have a COMPLETE Histopath done from Brain to tail...and yes, that will be hard and I know I will not be able to get him back to bury him, but if it will help find answers, then his death wont be in vain.

Lauren how many times have you taken your gliders in for a blood work up or xrays just to make sure they were on the right track?

This will be the LAST time I post in Nicoles thread. Unless it is about HER SICK GLIDERS...you know the ones that were having seizures, that only lasted short times, or the outbreak of giardia that she is having a heck of a time getting rid of, or the mite issues, even though we are only going on BLIND FAITH that her word is correct and they are indeed grain mites, as her bedding nor the bugs were ever tested...

Peggy
Critter Love

Re: Part 2: There's something seriously wrong... [Re: Laurens_Babies] #832112
09/02/09 11:12 PM
09/02/09 11:12 PM

T
TWilson
Unregistered
TWilson
Unregistered
T

Originally Posted By: Laurens_Babies
This isn't about diet bashing people! The HPW diet is unbalanced in 2:1 it just IS. There is not enough calcium and Nicole who followed HPW to the letter of the law possibly a little too blindly is now having calcium deficiency problems. Peggy/Tammy everyone else its time to work together to improve what is going into our gliders mouths.

No Lauren, this isn't about diet bashing nor is it about a calcium deficiency from a diet. This is about sick gliders with neuro problems, mastitis, giardia, these babies have had several issues and trying to find any and every thing that could be a factor.

And where or when did you get the idea that we're not working together to improve the quality our gliders lives in EVERY aspect possible?

Re: Part 2: There's something seriously wrong... [Re: ] #832129
09/02/09 11:44 PM
09/02/09 11:44 PM

B
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
B

Quote:
You all point at diet because it is the *Easy* answer...just like when a glider dies of liver problems, you automatically ASSUME it is from diet...the vets will tell you it is probably from diets because they dont understand the way a glider body works, but if folks would get the proper testing done we might have more answers.

These are the same vets you are telling everyone to take the HPW diet to for their opinion? shakehead

There is nothing easy about the diet issue Peggy.. and no one is blaming any diet for Nicole's gliders issues..

Re: Part 2: There's something seriously wrong... [Re: Srlb] #832132
09/02/09 11:49 PM
09/02/09 11:49 PM
Kansas City, MO
Laurens_Babies Offline
Glider Addict
Laurens_Babies  Offline
Glider Addict

Kansas City, MO

...the vets will tell you it is probably from diets because they dont understand the way a glider body works, but if folks would get the proper testing done we might have more answers.

So we can only depend on our vet for full diet advice not you but yet you say if Nicoles vet says the problems her glider is having is calcium related problems and its due to diet issues, we should believe them because they don't under stand the way the glider body works? Doesn't make any sense to me.

~Lauren

Lauren's Animal Kingdom
Re: Part 2: There's something seriously wrong... [Re: ] #832133
09/02/09 11:50 PM
09/02/09 11:50 PM
Kansas City, MO
Laurens_Babies Offline
Glider Addict
Laurens_Babies  Offline
Glider Addict

Kansas City, MO
Quote:

These are the same vets you are telling everyone to take the HPW diet to for their opinion? shakehead

There is nothing easy about the diet issue Peggy.. and no one is blaming any diet for Nicole's gliders issues..

roflmao I didn't see your post.

Last edited by Laurens_Babies; 09/02/09 11:50 PM.

~Lauren

Lauren's Animal Kingdom
Re: Part 2: There's something seriously wrong... [Re: ] #832134
09/02/09 11:52 PM
09/02/09 11:52 PM
Austin, TX
USMom Offline
Serious Glideritis
USMom  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Austin, TX
Nicole, I apologize if this has already been asked, has your vet done a snap test? It's another thought to consider.

Shawna
Who are you networked with? Networking could save your gliders life. Create one now.

Re: Part 2: There's something seriously wrong... [Re: Laurens_Babies] #832135
09/02/09 11:53 PM
09/02/09 11:53 PM
Kansas City, MO
Laurens_Babies Offline
Glider Addict
Laurens_Babies  Offline
Glider Addict

Kansas City, MO
Its EASY to blame the owner or lil bugs or toxins, it isn't EASY to have to admit when your wrong, it isn't EASY to modify a whole diet.

Just have to put what is easy and even hard aside and just do whats best for the fuzzbutts.

~Lauren

Lauren's Animal Kingdom
Re: Part 2: There's something seriously wrong... [Re: Laurens_Babies] #832138
09/03/09 12:05 AM
09/03/09 12:05 AM
Ohio
Guerita135 Offline OP
Glider Addict
Guerita135  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Ohio
Shawna, yes, I already had Giardia snap tests done and they were negative. I also had regular fecal smears and floats done as well. The vet doesn't think it's giardia because all the tests and smears/floats are coming back negative.

~Nicole~

Proudly enslaved by lots of silly suggies, 3 crazy kitties, a huffy hedgie, and a pretty puppy! grin
Re: Part 2: There's something seriously wrong... [Re: Guerita135] #832142
09/03/09 12:23 AM
09/03/09 12:23 AM

B
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
B

giardia is very easy to test for and to treat.

Re: Part 2: There's something seriously wrong... [Re: ] #832174
09/03/09 01:27 AM
09/03/09 01:27 AM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
Please keep this Thread on Topic. If you wish to discuss diets, please start a new thread in our Diet and Nutrition Forum, and remember to follow Rule#4.

Originally Posted By: Rule#4
GliderCENTRAL is a family oriented "G" rated board, be polite, courteous and respectful to other board members at all times. This means Illegal substances, Illegal activities, flaming, sexually explicit subjects, cursing, spamming, harassing, diet bashing, and abusive or negative personal posts are not allowed. Posts and sometimes entire topics that contain such content will be removed, and the poster(s) may be warned, suspended or banned at the discretion of the board administrators. Abuse, flaming or inappropriate comments directed toward GliderCENTRAL, its Moderators and Administrators, or failure to comply with the direction of a Moderator or Administrator, the poster(s) may be warned, suspended or banned at the discretion of the board administrators. Please keep any personal matters off the board, take it to email or pm. Please keep in mind that board rules do apply when using the pm feature.

Thank you

Re: Part 2: There's something seriously wrong... [Re: LSardou] #832217
09/03/09 07:57 AM
09/03/09 07:57 AM
Spring, Texas
Trigger Offline
Glider Addict
Trigger  Offline
Glider Addict

Spring, Texas
Nicole are you having your vet check out the possibility of toxins?
I would check any and all stones instead of just guessing which one a snake is under. If you stop at just thinking diet & change that with no further search you will find out later if you & the vet were wrong but at what cost.

I think there is a lot here that does point to possible toxin. It could explain all the problems you have had.
And when farming our own bugs & feeding fresh produce there is ALWAYS a possibility of introducing our gliders to parasite & toxins.

Yes we wash our produce but there are chemicals that get taken up into the plant thru the water it pulls from the earth.

It should be no trouble for the vet to humor you with testing for toxins & if she's wrong hopefully you find out in time to fix problems, if you are wrong oh well you had a couple extra tests done.

Lauren, I think others are trying to help or they wouldn't be here. In all reality Nicole, nor her gliders in Ohio have any effect on my life way down here in TX but they are ill gliders & I would like to see them be well so here I am.

Skittles, Snupi, Snuki, Lucy, Shanu, Caspian, Ivy, Kalysta, Kaliya, Santee, Cheyenne, Apache, Comanche, Twirpy, Meribelle, Santeria, Shyamalan, Sebastian, Zoey, Naira & Katsu
www.jensfuzzyfriends.com
Re: Part 2: There's something seriously wrong... [Re: Trigger] #832481
09/03/09 04:47 PM
09/03/09 04:47 PM
Ohio
Guerita135 Offline OP
Glider Addict
Guerita135  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Ohio
Originally Posted By: Trigger
If you stop at just thinking diet & change that with no further search

Have you read this entire 2-part thread? If you have, then you'll see that I've been doing a TON of research and looking into a TON of areas, not just diet. wink

~Nicole~

Re: Part 2: There's something seriously wrong... [Re: ] #832519
09/03/09 05:48 PM
09/03/09 05:48 PM
Blue River, Oregon
Damiana Offline
Glider Lover
Damiana  Offline
Glider Lover

Blue River, Oregon
ok lets get back on track here everyone. Stop bickering about diets. no matter how hard we try to replicate the actual diet these little ones eat in nature ours will never be perfect and some gliders body's may or may not except it.

Now this is Nicole's thread can we get back on topic please? smile

Nicole how are you doing? has any other stuff happened with your baby's? Is there anymore tests going on at the moment?

your story has touched my heart and there will always be a bump in my heart for them

heart

Misty W.

Loving Husband Steve

1 awesome little skin kid

:grey: Tiva & :wfb: Kisuke

:MO: Madoka & :grey: Ren

:wfb: Esperanza & :Pied: Mr. Handsome

http://www.cozyflowers.weebly.com
http://www.sugarsprouts.weebly.com
Re: Part 2: There's something seriously wrong... [Re: Damiana] #832540
09/03/09 06:26 PM
09/03/09 06:26 PM
Ohio
Guerita135 Offline OP
Glider Addict
Guerita135  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Ohio
Thanks Misty. hug2

No, there are no updates and nothing new at the moment. Well, Leda seems to have a TINY bit more strength, but is still pretty bad. frown

Rosa hasn't had any more shaking or feet-clenching and seems to be acting perfectly normal. If I hadn't seen her "seizing" that night, then I would have never know something was wrong. :\

So, as of now, we're just waiting til Tuesday to get Arby and Woodrow's blood drawn. I tried to get them in earlier, but there weren't any openings.

Everyone else is doing great. smile Everyone's eating great, got lots of energy, and the babies are all growing like weeds. wink

Thanks for asking! grin

~Nicole~

Re: Part 2: There's something seriously wrong... [Re: Guerita135] #832546
09/03/09 06:38 PM
09/03/09 06:38 PM
Spring, Texas
Trigger Offline
Glider Addict
Trigger  Offline
Glider Addict

Spring, Texas
Originally Posted By: Guerita135

The reason why I'm getting the bloodwork done on the other gliders is because I want to know, for sure, whether or not their diet is the cause. I LOVE HPW and so do my gliders! It's the easiest and cheapest diet to feed, all my gliders look great since being on it and I've always been an advocate of it. I even SELL it on my website. So, obviously, I'd LOVE for it not to be the cause. However, after reading what I've read, I can't help but to be a concerned glider-mommy. I will NOT make any big changes, however, until I have more info.

That statement made it sound as if you have/had decided it is most likely diet & the fact that you seemed to have dismissed the chance of toxins due to the vet not feeling like that was the problem but more likely your diet.
I was simply pointing out that there could be causes for the calcium dificiency that may not be diet related. A serious underlying problem could be missed/overlooked IF you do not look at & test for all possible culprits. Wishing your gliders well.

www.jensfuzzyfriends.com
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 395 guests, and 108 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,596 TEXAS
679,084 OHIO
487,175 OKLAHOMA
432,180 UTAH
321,698 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024