Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Haley Has to go back to the vet #809832
07/20/09 06:42 PM
07/20/09 06:42 PM
Cornersville TN I'M HOME :)
cyndiekb Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
cyndiekb  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis

I thouhgt I posted this here but can't find it. I will move my posts from the other board over for you.

The spot on her underarm is now double in size and she is starting to mess with it. She goes in tomorrow at 9 am. I already let Sheila know. I am worried more that Haley will mess with this spot and open herself up. I need to and want to get her cage buddy in wihther but I have to wait till I KNOW Haley is going to be ok. The last thing I need is 2 gliders messing with this spot. I am ready if she ends up needing surgery. As already as I can be anyway. I love this girl and I am worried!

I wont know anything till tomorrow. We went in a couple weeks ago and she was given antibiotic and anti fungal along with a topical skin soother. that was just for the bald area. The vet said other than being fat she was fine. The fecals were clear and the health check was ok too. So what ever this spot is had grown and she is picking at it. Then the spot was about the size of my pinky fingernail. It looked like over grooming then but I thought it was a hard spot in her fat. (this is on the place we call man 'Boobs' on the fat boys) I thought maybe she did it running in the wheel but it didn't make since they the fur was gone in a perfect circle. So now this is a limp about the size of the top part of my finger (from the knuckle to the tip) it is red and has what looks like a small scab.

It's just stress!?! Hers and mine but stress none the less.

She is over grooming and has aggravated the area causing swelling and she has a puncture now. Looks like her tooth went in to the lump.

She is on antibiotics, anti anxiety, and anti inflammatory pain meds. She also has a topical soother for the area.

now if having to give meds 2 times a day doesn't stress US both out more all should be good. The vet made her meds chicken flavored and she seems to take it better than last time.

They want me to get her in with a cage mate as soon as the hole is healed up. Cage by cage and then try tent time. I will be a worry wart tho. He better be nice to my girl.

OH she didn't eat well last night and she was still 2 grams more than last visit frown

Haley is in an ecollar. The meds do not seem to be helping and she continues to over groom. I have tried keeping and eye on her and if i hear her grooming I stop her. today during meds time I saw she has put a hole in her skin in addition to the small puncture she had. It looks like she was trying to eat her arm pit. I have cleaned and dress the area. She is on pain meds and antibiotics already. I am just in tears. I feel so helpless.

I called Linda. She must have known I was having problems with my fluffy butt and ecollars. I couldn't keep them on. Seems Haley has no neck. She has spent most of the last 12 hours wrapped like a burrito. I let her out to eat and run in her wheel under my eagle eye only and when she thought it was time to groom her sore I burrito-ed her again. We slept on the couch that way all nigh and my back hurts!

I wasted my time (3 hours) and money last night going to the ER vet. They told me everything I already knew. I am sooo angry. I will have Haley back at Dr Dan's office in the morning. They will have to clean the necrotic skin off and THEY WILLLLLLL have to fix my girl. With all the pain meds and nerve meds and antibiotics she is on there is absolutely NO reason she should still be chewing her self unless this is more than simple over grooming.

OK it was confirmed I wasted my time and money with the ER vet. Seems when they called to confirm the new pain meds they lead my vet to understand they were going to treat the wound. THEY DID NOT. She was a little shocked when she saw they left it untreated. I showed up at 10 am. The vet was totally booked till 2. Anyone who knows me knows that is unacceptable. So I ended up leaving Haley so they could see her between patients. I knew they were going to sedate her and remove the dead tissue from the area. I thought it would be done when I got back at 2. Imagine my disbelief when it wasn't. The vet said we must have crossed wires they thought I wanted to talk to them before it was done. NO I WANT HER FIXED. So anyway they went over what I wanted done and the cost (sometimes is best not to know *know what I mean lol*) I asked for rays, blood work, and biopsy from the wounded skin area.

This is what they wrote in the notes from the vet

Today we debrided Haley's wound and removed the necrotic tissue. On cytology of the area I found a lot of inflammatory cells, but no infectious organisms other than the occasional bacteria as we suspected. We have submitted a biopsy of the area that will hopefully confirm this, but let us know if there is something else going on that is contributing to her issue. The results should take about 7-10 days. Her blood work showed mildly elevated liver enzymes, but they seem to be fairly consistent with a lot of gliders I see, so I'm not sure if this is clinically significant or not. I will call you with the rest of her blood work as soon as it is in. On her x-rays we did find that there is possible arthritis in her left shoulder joint, so if this is painful that could certainly explain why she is mutilating in this area over others. Today we have started 2 additional medications of pain, Tramadol (an opioid like morphine, but shouldn't make her sleepy), and Cosequin which is a joint supplement that is beneficial for animals with arthritis. The Cosequin can be given indefinitely if it seems to help her, but may take longer to start showing effect where the Tramadol should start to work immediately. I suggest you save the Ace/Torb combo the Er vet gave you and use it if you see her mutilating or she is having a particularly bad day. Please continue giving the antibiotic as instructed and Meloxicam as needed for pain.

Today we wrapped the area to keep her from chewing at it. If she leaves the bandage in place please change it every other day by applying the soother plus or neosporin, cutting Telfa pad to cover, a wrapping with vetwrap.

I recommend seeing her for a recheck in 7-10 days as long as everything is going ok. This can be done here or at your regular vet in Nashville, where ever you are at the time. Thank you so much for trusting us with Haley's care and thanks for taking such good care of her!

And with all that said why do I still fell like i let Haley and Sheila down frown and why is it taking so much to fix my baby girl? I have to have her all better she has a hunk of a man waiting to go in with her. then I will have a happy pair and the world will be a perfect place for all.
I DREAM BIG

Oh the bacteria at the wound site was from Haley's mouth. The new hole is the size of a quarter and I think it is going to take FOR EVER to close up. Pray for Haley and a speedy recovery.

cyndiekb

I heart & miss you HALEY

My runaways 4/04 Lilo, 5/04 Dash & Angel

angel Sprite Says GO STEALTH!! at
AtticWorx
Re: Haley Has to go back to the vet [Re: cyndiekb] #809844
07/20/09 07:08 PM
07/20/09 07:08 PM
Sedona, AZ
ozzi Offline
Glider Addict
ozzi  Offline
Glider Addict

Sedona, AZ
I am so sorry you and your Haley Girl are going through all of this. I know the anguish believe me. Many, many, Prayers are going out for you and Haley angel
Believe me, I dream Big too angel

Pat, Boo-Boo, and BJ

Pat
You have not lived until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.....Unknown

Rest in Peace our little sweet friends that have crossed over the "Rainbow Bridge".
I miss you gangel Boo-Boo, Lucy, BJ, and Fivel gangel
Re: Haley Has to go back to the vet [Re: cyndiekb] #809845
07/20/09 07:15 PM
07/20/09 07:15 PM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
Cyndie, At least you know now that the problem has nothing to do with stress. Hopefully with all that is being done things will start to subside for her.
If you need anything please don't hesitate to call.
Keeping you and Haley in my prayers.
Oh, and don't you even think for a minute that you've let her down. Your doing a fantastic job with her Cyndie, and Haley couldn't be luckier. hug2

Re: Haley Has to go back to the vet [Re: LSardou] #809853
07/20/09 07:37 PM
07/20/09 07:37 PM
Wichita Falls, Texas
DirtyPaws Offline
Glider Slave
DirtyPaws  Offline
Glider Slave

Wichita Falls, Texas
Cyndie I'm so sorry. cry You must be exhausted over this little girl. Hang in there. May be a long road but it sounds like she's headed in the right direction.

I'm trying to understand. They're not real sure what started it all but that pain from arthritis may have caused her to figit with the area? Arthirits like from running like mad in a wheel all night? dunno This is all making MY own wheels turn.

Don't know if this is any new knowledge or not, but humans take tramadol. My husband and I have both had it. For pain to take as needed and for help sleeping/stress related to take on a daily basis.

Thanks for sharing Haley's (and your) troubles with us. If I lived near you I'd sure take shifts helping you care for her. hug2

If you'd like to try a different type e-collar I can help you with a sour creme lid. Our vet sends home our neuters like this. They can lick food and water but only need help with fruits and veggies. I have pictures.

Sending prayers for you and your Haley heart

Last edited by DirtyPaws; 07/21/09 10:05 AM.

~~~ Crystal ~~~

Dot Dot heart Woobie heart Isabella heart Beetlejuice

heart Blitzy&Ella ~ Twinkie&Tiramisu ~ Dolly&Doobie

heart Taaska & Sadie ~ Teddy Bear Doodle & Sasha

heart Tiki, MoJo, Ruckus, Napoleon
Re: Haley Has to go back to the vet [Re: DirtyPaws] #810064
07/21/09 09:54 AM
07/21/09 09:54 AM
USA
I
IowaMisty Offline
Glider Guardian
IowaMisty  Offline
Glider Guardian
I

USA
Cyndie,

Sending well wishes to you & Haley. I know how much you love that sweet fuzzbutt of yours. It stinks that you have to go through all of this with her & after only having her for such a short time. I hope she heals quickly for you. I know you're taking awesome care of her. I can just picture you sleeping on the couch with her all burritoed up. She probably makes for an adorable burrito. Keep us posted on her recovery.

Misty

Re: Haley Has to go back to the vet [Re: IowaMisty] #810074
07/21/09 10:17 AM
07/21/09 10:17 AM
IL (St. Louis area)
StitchsMom Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
StitchsMom  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

IL (St. Louis area)
I will be praying for little Haley. I know how much she means to you, Cyndie. hug2

~*~Jenny and the fur kids~*~
>>> Sugar Glider Slave <<<
Re: Haley Has to go back to the vet [Re: StitchsMom] #810085
07/21/09 10:53 AM
07/21/09 10:53 AM
Wyoming
tbull Offline
Glider Addict
tbull  Offline
Glider Addict

Wyoming
Our thoughts are with you and Haley. Hoping she gets well VERY soon. hug2

T~
www.lovegliders.com

** Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for
you are crunchy and taste good with catsup **

*Proud to forever be a Boo-Boo and BJ Fan!*

Re: Haley Has to go back to the vet [Re: tbull] #810099
07/21/09 11:15 AM
07/21/09 11:15 AM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
Awe, Poor Haley.

Good thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Kimberley
Feathers-Sweetie, Mister Peanut & Big Mack
Fur-Guinan, Mr. Spock, T'Mir, Cho, Toothless, Maverick & Maharet :bb: T'Pol, Elizabeth & Curzon :wfb: TY, TJ, Light Fury, Madison & T'Pring :rtmo:
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker, Khayman and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

Re: Haley Has to go back to the vet [Re: Feather] #810148
07/21/09 12:29 PM
07/21/09 12:29 PM

P
PixTrix
Unregistered
PixTrix
Unregistered
P

hug2 hug2 hug2 and more hug2 hug2 and just one more extra tight hug2 are sent your way, Cyndie!

Jen

Re: Haley Has to go back to the vet [Re: ] #810260
07/21/09 04:23 PM
07/21/09 04:23 PM
in my happy place
S
sugarlope Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarlope  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
S

in my happy place
My thoughts are with you both and many prayers are headed out for her. hug2

~Gretchen

If we never loved, then maybe we would never feel pain. Love anyway. It's worth it.
Re: Haley Has to go back to the vet [Re: sugarlope] #810272
07/21/09 04:37 PM
07/21/09 04:37 PM
New Jersey
JillMarie Offline
Serious Glideritis
JillMarie  Offline
Serious Glideritis

New Jersey
Prayers, happy thoughts of healing going your way

Dear Lord she is such a pretty little girl, send an angel her way to sooth, comfort, and heal her....both of them. Haley's mom need comfort in this time too.

Amen

:grey: Bosom Buddy Creations:grey:
^website link wink

Remember that God Loves You!
Re: Haley Has to go back to the vet [Re: JillMarie] #810635
07/22/09 01:45 PM
07/22/09 01:45 PM
cyndiekb Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
cyndiekb  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis

I feel so guilty.Today when I went to give Haley her morning meds her leg and foot were swollen. I didn't thing the vet wrap was that tight. I don't know if I did it or if she did trying to get out of it. I cut off the bandage after meds and let the air get to the wound. She is passed out in my lap in her pouch. I can see her every move. I will re bandage her later but for now she is resting better than she has in days and the swelling is going down in her leg and paw. She looks like a little princess when she is asleep. She was sleeping with one eye open. I guess she figures I an ok now or the meds are just really really good lol.

cyndiekb

I heart & miss you HALEY

AtticWorx
Re: Haley Has to go back to the vet [Re: cyndiekb] #810641
07/22/09 02:05 PM
07/22/09 02:05 PM
Lisle, Illinois
SugareeErin Offline
Glider Addict
SugareeErin  Offline
Glider Addict

Lisle, Illinois
She is lucky to have such a good mommy to take care of her! I am sorry you and Haley are going through all this hug2 i hope she gets better soon!

:leu: Sugaree Gliders :rtmo:

Simba, Nala, Rain, Snow & Sugaree

Shadowdancer, Sugar Magnolia, Sunshine Daydream, Winter, Twinkle, Twilight, Everlette, Sparkle, Polar Bear, Indigo & Willow

Re: Haley Has to go back to the vet [Re: SugareeErin] #815579
08/01/09 03:43 PM
08/01/09 03:43 PM
cyndiekb Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
cyndiekb  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis

OK I guess I need to update. I took Haley to the vet in TN for a follow up on Wed. She had another surgery. The vet felt the wound was too large and he stitched it closed. I can't vet wrap her because it is pulling her hair out and making another wound on her back. I left her at the vet I was not about to bring home a glider with no ecollar or bandage with stitches.

She did ok the first night, the second night he used a drop of glue to fix a small gap. I told him NOW she is going to open it up Keep an eye on her. I was wrong she left it alone. HOWEVER she made a new hole next to the old one. The vet said she has a pinched or inflamed nerve. He feels I can get her better but she will keep doing this. This is the same thing the NC vets told me ( a permanent ongoing issue). I need you all to be praying HARDER.

cyndiekb

I heart & miss you HALEY

AtticWorx
Re: Haley Has to go back to the vet [Re: cyndiekb] #815605
08/01/09 05:03 PM
08/01/09 05:03 PM
Vincennes, IN, USA
suggiemom1980 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
suggiemom1980  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Vincennes, IN, USA
Poor baby! I'm praying as hard as I can. I'm so glad she has such a wonderful mommy!

Connie

812-890-9734, 24/7 Emergencies/Joey issues

SmallWorldSuggies

"The greater the challenge, the sweeter the reward"

"Glide free :rbridge: Silly "Ozball" Ozzie. You left us 11/21/12..way too soon. You're forever loved, remembered, missed."
Re: Haley Has to go back to the vet [Re: suggiemom1980] #815833
08/02/09 10:19 AM
08/02/09 10:19 AM
Wichita Falls, Texas
DirtyPaws Offline
Glider Slave
DirtyPaws  Offline
Glider Slave

Wichita Falls, Texas
Praying for you and little Miss Haley

"Haley! You leave your wounds alone so you can heal up, quit stressing Mommy (and us) out, and get back to bonding! You hear me! Straighten up girlie. We all love you heart

Thank you for the update ~ have been thinking about you guys.

~~~ Crystal ~~~

Re: Haley Has to go back to the vet [Re: DirtyPaws] #815863
08/02/09 11:24 AM
08/02/09 11:24 AM
Mims, Florida, USA
hushpuppy Offline
Glider Slave
hushpuppy  Offline
Glider Slave

Mims, Florida, USA
KB, hugs hun. I know what you are going through and how this is tearing you apart. You know that you are in my prayers.

Anita Rae
StealthWheels, MagnumWheels and more at Atticworx

Play with us on Facebook

Haley please PRAY [Re: hushpuppy] #819254
08/08/09 12:41 PM
08/08/09 12:41 PM
cyndiekb Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
cyndiekb  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis

Haley removed her stitches today. I have her with glider friends and they took her to the vet for me. I told them no more surgeries. She has been put under to much and she has been thru [censored] and back all ready. She needs your prayers. She is not looking good. If she doesn't turn around fast I will be forced to end her suffering. She is just a shell of her former self. This is breaking my heart!

cyndiekb

I heart & miss you HALEY

AtticWorx
Re: Haley please PRAY [Re: cyndiekb] #819256
08/08/09 12:46 PM
08/08/09 12:46 PM
80 acres of paradise in KS
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

80 acres of paradise in KS
Oh Cyndie, I'm so sorry. Prayers big time for Haley. I know how she has had your heart for so long. This has to be so difficult for you. TONS of prayers for you and Haley.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: Haley please PRAY [Re: Dancing] #819294
08/08/09 02:21 PM
08/08/09 02:21 PM
Kansas
queenduck Offline
Serious Glideritis
queenduck  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Kansas
I am so sorry frown

Alicia aka Queenduck, Bentley's Nana

We need role models who are going to break the mold ~ Carly Simon
Re: Haley please PRAY [Re: queenduck] #819296
08/08/09 02:27 PM
08/08/09 02:27 PM
Mims, Florida, USA
hushpuppy Offline
Glider Slave
hushpuppy  Offline
Glider Slave

Mims, Florida, USA
Dang I am sorry to hear that. You know that I am praying for that baby. I feel so bad for her and for you. If you need to talk, just give me a hollar. Luvs Ya. Hugs.

Anita Rae
StealthWheels, MagnumWheels and more at Atticworx

Play with us on Facebook

Re: Haley please PRAY [Re: hushpuppy] #819305
08/08/09 02:43 PM
08/08/09 02:43 PM
in my happy place
S
sugarlope Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarlope  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
S

in my happy place
I am so sorry, Cyndie hug2 My prayers are with you both. hug2

~Gretchen

If we never loved, then maybe we would never feel pain. Love anyway. It's worth it.
Re: Haley please PRAY [Re: sugarlope] #819307
08/08/09 02:54 PM
08/08/09 02:54 PM
Kilgore, Texas
Cora Offline
Serious Glideritis
Cora  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Kilgore, Texas
(((((HUGS))))) and Prayers!

USDA Licensed Breeder
903-808-1142

http://www.freewebs.com/angelfish_37/index.htm
Re: Haley please PRAY [Re: sugarlope] #819308
08/08/09 02:56 PM
08/08/09 02:56 PM
Wichita Falls, Texas
DirtyPaws Offline
Glider Slave
DirtyPaws  Offline
Glider Slave

Wichita Falls, Texas
Man, I was hoping no news was good news. I am so sorry for you and Haley, and Sheila too. This must be so hard for all of you to go through. I'm still hoping someday I'll get to meet that beautiful little girl heart

~~~ Crystal ~~~

Re: Haley please PRAY [Re: DirtyPaws] #819316
08/08/09 03:26 PM
08/08/09 03:26 PM
Wichita Falls, Texas
DirtyPaws Offline
Glider Slave
DirtyPaws  Offline
Glider Slave

Wichita Falls, Texas
Cyndie I wish there was some way I could help you frown

~~~ Crystal ~~~

Re: Haley please PRAY [Re: DirtyPaws] #819320
08/08/09 03:39 PM
08/08/09 03:39 PM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
I am so sorry Cyndie, I wished there was more that I can do to help. You know that I'm here for you, so please, call me anytime. My prayers are with you and for Haley. hug2

Re: Haley please PRAY [Re: LSardou] #819321
08/08/09 03:42 PM
08/08/09 03:42 PM

M
monluvspagen
Unregistered
monluvspagen
Unregistered
M

Haley I will be thinking of you and your momma...

Re: Haley please PRAY [Re: ] #819326
08/08/09 03:46 PM
08/08/09 03:46 PM
Missouri
tammyangel Offline
Glider Slave
tammyangel  Offline
Glider Slave

Missouri
So sorry to hear this Cindy prayers going out for you and your loving baby haley.

Having Faith and Hope that some day soon.That all the world will come to see that all of gods babies deserve love and affection.

gangel My little three precious angels :rbridge:

http://suggieshack.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=login

Mom to some really spoiled little ones.

:rtmo:
:leu:
:grey:

Re: Haley please PRAY [Re: ] #819327
08/08/09 03:47 PM
08/08/09 03:47 PM
IL (St. Louis area)
StitchsMom Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
StitchsMom  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

IL (St. Louis area)
I'm so sorry, Cyndie. hug2 I will be keeping you and Haley in my prayers. Stay strong! hug2

~*~Jenny and the fur kids~*~
>>> Sugar Glider Slave <<<
Re: Haley please PRAY [Re: DirtyPaws] #819333
08/08/09 03:55 PM
08/08/09 03:55 PM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
KB, My biggest hugs are going out to you girl. I know you are hurting right now and you know like we talked the other day, if you need someone to talk to, I am here.

I know you will only do what is best for Haley girl. I am so so sorry you are going through this. hug2

Peggy
Critter Love
Critter Love� Diet Center

If you want to know what a person is like, watch how he treats others.

You'll never know what the outcome is if you don't step up and try.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 385 guests, and 92 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,598 TEXAS
679,085 OHIO
487,177 OKLAHOMA
432,185 UTAH
321,700 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024