Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: ] #705100
01/03/09 07:04 PM
01/03/09 07:04 PM
Las Vegas, NV/Columbus, OH
DeeDancer Offline
Glider Guardian
DeeDancer  Offline
Glider Guardian

Las Vegas, NV/Columbus, OH
Yeah, for being so detailed earlier I haven't heard anything from Jen today. What have ya got for us girl?

~Deanna~
Chinchillas: Luke, Yoda, and Pronk
Gliders: Nika, Ranger, and DeeGee

(702)250-5236
Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: DeeDancer] #705111
01/03/09 07:11 PM
01/03/09 07:11 PM

B
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
B

LOL Dee! I have to stay up pretty late to wait for updates since these little guys do so much better with social skills when its late at night, being nocturnal and all.

Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: ] #705119
01/03/09 07:18 PM
01/03/09 07:18 PM

D
DelilahsMom
Unregistered
DelilahsMom
Unregistered
D

I can tell you that my crazy pair can now be out around people, held and be allowed to play with company. And, my baby loves bras.

Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: ] #705133
01/03/09 07:38 PM
01/03/09 07:38 PM

B
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
B

Hey Brittney... Imagine my 14 year old son's shock to have Bella dive down the front of his shirt frantically looking for a cup to snuggle in! LOL She needed her nails clipped too... he shows the battle wounds today. smile

Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: Bourbon] #705138
01/03/09 07:51 PM
01/03/09 07:51 PM
Long Island, NY
gliderdad79 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
gliderdad79  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Long Island, NY
Originally Posted By: Bourbon
I have read what the little group has said, I have tried to address each issue, seems that now the drama has set in, you all have succeeded in drawing attention away from these techniques that work for some, and seems these people don't agree. but i guess they will continue to harp and harp on each post regardless of what is said.

Kate, and Val I am so sorry you have chosen to bring your personal vendettas onto this thread that was set to help others BY people that were using the techniques that was working for them. I now will bow out of this thread, for those that still want help, you know how to reach me, I left the drama behind many months ago, and I will continue to stay on this path of drama free. I will continue to help the gliders in spite of what you all think I should do with my life and my time,

You have not come in here with questions, nor with the desire to really understand how the techniques work.

Robin, dee, connie, erin, jen, chasity, chris,laura, lisa,Nikki, tara,and cindy..

you all have worked very hard to gain the trust of your gliders, in spite of what others want to make it seem like, you have done so with your gliders best interest in mind, looking at life through their eyes, feeling what they feel, and working hard to make them feel safe and secure.

sadly I will have this same group following me , trying to undermine anything good that I do in the community. Have faith in yourself. love those babies. and show them the life that they will enjoy and cherish.

as I said before, I am sorry that you all had to infiltrate a great thread mainly with posts by the people that was working the hardest.

Now I will step in. There has been no drama in this thread one bit Lori. There has been nothing but healthy debate, discussions, and opinions in which our rules state will be left as long as they follow the rules. As far as i can see no personal issues have been brought up except you stating there is personal issues involved.

I am sorry that you feel its drama because some don't agree with you on this topic but it is not. The admin, owners, and mods are the only ones who decided if a post is indeed a drama post.

Everyone is entiled to their own thoughts, beliefs, and opinions. It is not a crime to disagree, please keep it within the rules. Please lets get this post back on topic and keep drama and personal issues off of here.

Eddie

In the Tropics somewhere between the port of indecision and southeast of disorder!

"Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people."

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching!
Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: DeeDancer] #705154
01/03/09 08:11 PM
01/03/09 08:11 PM

J
JenShigles
Unregistered
JenShigles
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted By: DeeDancer
Yeah, for being so detailed earlier I haven't heard anything from Jen today. What have ya got for us girl?

HAHA Thanks Dee. Was just looking over things, have been busy with my hubby's kids today (and my own furry ones too...)

Day 3: Aside from ferret bites (I have a mouthy baby that's starting to assert himself on the older male and had to separate them with Bourbon on the phone, sorry Bourbon. *sigh*)

Was able to feed the girls off of my FINGER!!! No bites at all! They were very disappointed when I did 3 licks x3 each. But they didn't grab at me or bite AT ALL! Emma jumped forward towards my finger, I expected teeth but was all tongue! They had never had that kind of yogurt before so it was really cute - they loved it!

They slept in the make-shift pouch yesterday evening but were in another corner of the cage this morning. But when I say hello to them and pet them etc, no shaking, no biting, no crabbing. It's amazing!

I took Pae out on my hand (and she didn't want to go back in) and showed her to my husband's kids (from a distance as we are working on hand trust issues right now). They thought it was awesome. I explained that I'm working with them on a new method and that I haven't heard them crab in 2 days. I pet Emma in front of them too and they were SHOCKED that she was quiet! They are teenagers and remember last summer when she was like a psycho glider.

Then we took the ferrets out and were playing with them, when I came back into the room, the girls came to do the door and looked at me like, "Hey Mom, what's going on? Got any more yummies for us!!!???" it was soooo cute. Ears were perked up and they are just so happy and calm.

It's day 3 but it's only the second full day. I will continue this work and I'm so thankful that Bourbon is working with me on this! laugh

Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: ] #705179
01/03/09 09:16 PM
01/03/09 09:16 PM
80 acres of paradise in KS
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

80 acres of paradise in KS
Little Miss Sassy may need a new name. Day three was spent with belly rubs and contented clicking. So sweet!

I'm get so excited reading everyone's posts about their progress with their gliders. I've seen the difference in gliders when they have made the transition from fear to trust and it is incredible. There can be no "bond building" until there is trust first. HUGE YEA for your gliders and their progresses.

With all the gliders I've had through my home over the years, I have to say that I usually start off slowly with them, working with them in the "old" methods but many of them respond so much better to the (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets than any thing else. Many have been placed into homes where they are loved and spoiled instead of STILL being in my home working with the old method. For me, ANY glider that comes into my home whether be it a rescue, rehome or new joey will be treated the same. BASED on the initial behavior of the glider. Sassy, based on her history, leaving her in a regular pouch would have been a disservice to her and would have only intensified her fear based on my experience with YEARS of GLIDER behavior issues and modifications.

What needs to be realized is in most cases, these gliders are NOT the normal everyday newly home gliders but ones that other methods have not worked with.

Just how long are you supposed to try the "old" methods with the glider living in fear and terror before you are willing to try something new?

And I'm not a newbie. I can tell the difference in a "go away I'm sleeping" crab and a "Please don't eat me crab". The grumbling (I'm sleeping) crab is not normally accompanied by a fierce attack stance followed by lunging.

Crabbing is their FIRST line of defence against what they are afraid of or are displeased with. How such a small animal can make such a LOUD vicious noise...

The attack stance with crabbing is their second line of defense and when that doesn't work, the lunging and biting.

Why let a glider get so terrified that it reaches that point?

As has already been said, the (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets is open so that the glider KNOWS it has a way of escape if needed. A regular pouch does NOT offer such an escape route. By forcing a glider in a regular pouch to "calm down" and to accept your attention, seems THAT would be most likely to cause the "Stockholm Syndrom" that that way would be cruel. Putting a glider into a bonding pouch and zipping it closed is forcing that glider into a situation where he/she may not want to be but has no choice. The (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets method being used gives gliders choice.

To say that all enrichment avenues are taken away is just not accurate. My gliders have toys, just not ones they can hide in.

Buffy was an EXTREME glider. The methods used on her were extreme. But with other gliders, these methods are flexable and can be geared to each individual glider and their individual needs.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: Dancing] #705193
01/03/09 09:57 PM
01/03/09 09:57 PM
Quincy, IL
glidrz5 Offline
Serious Glideritis
glidrz5  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Quincy, IL
Bourbon, I wanted to let you know that I have tried the pouch with my Happy and Gary. The very next morning when I came home from work and went to check on them I wasn't greeted by their usual crab until Mom gives us a yoggie but by happy chirping that Momma was coming to give them their morning yoggie. WOW to say the least. They love their new pouch and snuggle down into it waiting paitently for me to give them their treat and cuddles. They enjoy peeking out and seeing me coming and then will sit up and wait for me. I still get the occasional startled out of a sound sleep crab and I hate the sound of the zipper crab but they are few and far between.

Chris
Illusion, Malcom, Isabell, Annabelle, Zach, Isis, Aly & Indy
AND Miss Emmy & Miss Chloe kitties

:rbridge: My Angels: You are always in my heart.

You've flown to the rainbow
and wait there for me
Someday I will join you
together to be

Re: Bonding with Pouch Protective glider - Part 2 [Re: glidrz5] #705196
01/03/09 09:59 PM
01/03/09 09:59 PM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
See Part 3 here

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 379 guests, and 83 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,551 TEXAS
679,068 OHIO
487,134 OKLAHOMA
432,138 UTAH
321,663 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024