Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Perfect Pocket Pets #618071
08/21/08 06:19 PM
08/21/08 06:19 PM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
DOWN!! Who am I speaking of??

Perfect Pocket Pets Of course...

Dr. Tristan's office just called me. He is out of town so Tiffany, his assistant calls me when she has ??'s about gliders (that are not of course medical....)

Anywho, she says she got a call from a lady in Iowa I believe (might be wrong, we were talking about a couple different states) and the lady said she was given Tims number to ask some questions....

(PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets were at a fair, of course...selling gliders like crazy...
But guess what? They told her it would be a couple weeks before she could have it because it has GIARDIA...but not to worry EVERY GLIDER is BORN with it and it is normal...just give it pepto-bismol and yogurt and it will just fine....

WHAT???? Are you serious???

Told her not to worry as Pepto was an ANTIBITOIC!!

She said she decided she did NOT want this little glider, she would keep the cage and all but wanted a refund for the glider, of course they are telling her no, so Tiffany called asking if I knew anything at all about (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets....boy did she get an earful shock

I told her to have Tammy call me and I would help her anyway I could...

Tammy did call, just got off the phone with her. She has been reading as much as she could already over here, just hasnt registered, but said she would now...so she could come on and tell her story...

I am LIVID....just LIVID.... tant

Last edited by KarenE; 02/21/09 06:40 PM. Reason: Change Title

Peggy
Critter Love
Critter Love� Diet Center

If you want to know what a person is like, watch how he treats others.

You'll never know what the outcome is if you don't step up and try.

Re: Time to get together to REALLY shut these people [Re: Srlb] #618074
08/21/08 06:25 PM
08/21/08 06:25 PM

T
Tasmina
Unregistered
Tasmina
Unregistered
T

OMG. What is the matter with them??? Telling people to give those babies pepto.

Re: Time to get together to REALLY shut these people [Re: Srlb] #618077
08/21/08 06:28 PM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
Peggy, there is a project being formed over on SESG called the Mill Breeder Project.
Have them (Dr. T's office) check over there too.

Re: Time to get together to REALLY shut these people [Re: ] #618078
Texas
Jackie_Chans_Mom Offline
Glider Addict
Jackie_Chans_Mom  Offline
Glider Addict

Texas
Peggy - I know the feeling. Just had another (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets baby die on her way to me yesterday. They NEED to be shut down. CCW as well.

~~ Val B ~~ 806-803-0318
Daily giving the abused, unloved, unwanted and neglected SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN

PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR SUGAR GROUP SURVEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Time to get together to REALLY shut these people [Re: Jackie_Chans_Mom] #618083
08/21/08 06:39 PM
08/21/08 06:39 PM
Missouri
tammyangel Offline
Glider Slave
tammyangel  Offline
Glider Slave

Missouri
Tammy contacted me on tuesday when she was trying to get a refund on her glider that she hadnt recieved from (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets since she found out what kind of company they were through postings and things.She contacted her bank and they refused to help her .I recieved another email today from another lady she purchased one and it died within four hours this was last year and they brought her a replacement and it died two weeks later.Ive been recieving emails and phone calls on gliders that are already sick or worse they have already died since they started selling them in Iowa this past week.

Having Faith and Hope that some day soon.That all the world will come to see that all of gods babies deserve love and affection.

gangel My little three precious angels :rbridge:

http://suggieshack.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=login

Mom to some really spoiled little ones.

:rtmo:
:leu:
:grey:

Re: Time to get together to REALLY shut these people [Re: Jackie_Chans_Mom] #618084
08/21/08 06:40 PM
08/21/08 06:40 PM
Lenexa, KS
TracieB Offline
Glider Addict
TracieB  Offline
Glider Addict

Lenexa, KS
I agree...CCW as well. I was looking over their page on Common Health Care Problems and they are suggesting that if you are feeding your glider as they recommend and it gets diarrhea (probably from some sort of bacteria it picked up caused by stress from being too cold) that you should give it a broad spectrum antibiotic that is usually used in cattle - you can pick it up at most feed stores! shock Their recommendation wasn't "take it to the vet", but give it cattle antibiotic mixed in with some canned peach juice. tant

Tracie
1 wonderful husband - Chris
1 goofy Yorkie - Dexter
2 naughty kitties - Chloe & Alek

Waiting at the Rainbow Bridge:
1 spoiled Yorkie, Myles - April 5, 1993-June 5, 2007
1 sweet :wfb: Xavier - August 5, 2007-May 20, 2010
2 sweet :grey: :grey: Nara & Alkina - February, 2006-November, 2011

Re: Time to get together to REALLY shut these people [Re: TracieB] #618095
08/21/08 06:55 PM
08/21/08 06:55 PM
USA
SugarBlossoms Offline
Serious Glideritis
SugarBlossoms  Offline
Serious Glideritis

USA
I asked on the site but I'll ask here too.

Can I include Peanut in this? She came from a mill breeder at a local flea market. I can have her records sent also. She was treated since Jan of this year.

Keeper of Handprints on my Heart, You left your Footprints on my soul.
My precious loves that left to quickly, Peanut, Katie
Isabella, Kiwi, Bonnie and Monroe.

Spread your wings and glide free of pain,
Until the day I see you again.

God speed my precious angels. I love you. Mama.
Re: Time to get together to REALLY shut these people [Re: SugarBlossoms] #618121
08/21/08 07:28 PM
08/21/08 07:28 PM
Austin, TX
USMom Offline
Serious Glideritis
USMom  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Austin, TX
Peggy, they are [censored] people. They care nothing for the animals, their only care is for the money. And this is what seperates them from the other breeders out there. Even some of the larger scale breeders. You don't have these issues with those. And they do need to be shut down. We need to start getting proof that these gliders were purchased from those people. A bill of sale is best. Anything else can be made to look like supplies. As those compile, they will start shutting down.

Shawna
Who are you networked with? Networking could save your gliders life. Create one now.

Re: Time to get together to REALLY shut these people [Re: USMom] #618167
08/21/08 08:20 PM
08/21/08 08:20 PM

C
chastity
Unregistered
chastity
Unregistered
C

OMG! I don't even know where to start? This is absolutely horrible. Those poor babies. It just sickens me to think any one could harm an animal, any animal. Don't people know they can be imprisoned & fined for animal cruelty now a days. What dumb (censored). If I can do anything at all to help shut them down, please let me know.

Re: Time to get together to REALLY shut these people [Re: USMom] #618174
08/21/08 08:25 PM
08/21/08 08:25 PM

S
SugarMomma81
Unregistered
SugarMomma81
Unregistered
S

Does (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets not offer a health guarantee with their gliders? When I purchase any purebred animal from a breeder they always come with a health guarantee of some sort be it congenital or infectious. I find it to be ridiculous that they expect people to pay this sort of price for a pet and NOT include some kind of health guarantee. Even my shelter kitty came with 30 day health insurance FREE. That to me is a sure sign that they care nothing for the gliders, just the money. I wish people would STOP purchasing from them, but most people are ignorant when it comes to gliders, (ignorant is not used here as a put down).

Last edited by SugarMomma81; 08/21/08 08:26 PM.
Re: Time to get together to REALLY shut these people [Re: ] #618197
08/21/08 08:58 PM
08/21/08 08:58 PM

A
AliaBrown
Unregistered
AliaBrown
Unregistered
A

they were here at the fair in iowa in august. I tried to tell as many people as possible but it's impossible to stop them all. I do know there are a lot of people here trying to do something about it. The animal rescue league was monitoring them.

Re: Time to get together to REALLY shut these people [Re: ] #618206
08/21/08 09:07 PM
08/21/08 09:07 PM
Southern Iowa
T
TTrusty Offline
Glider Lover
TTrusty  Offline
Glider Lover
T

Southern Iowa
Hello, Well I got registered and here I am. I finally got it done. They are refunding me on the glider. I have been worried about buying a sick glider all week. I have been doing research and calling all week. Found out that about everything they said was wrong. Thank goodness I found some articles about (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets from a couple of people on here. Thank You every one that put up with me this week. I have been trying to figure out how to get my money back. So today she finally got back ahold of me and I was down right blunt with her. I got a email that said they were going to refund my money with in 24-72 hours. Thank you everyone for all your help. Now I can get a healthy baby. Thammy

Mommy to:

Zoey and Teeka

Rockie, Bo and Hamilton

Sadie, Levi, Maggie, and Radar (dogs)
RIP Tippy (rescue)

Three human kids Natosha, Skylar, Keith
And a now new grand baby Abby

Glide Free My Boy MoMo
We will always Love You
Re: Time to get together to REALLY shut these people [Re: TTrusty] #618223
08/21/08 09:19 PM
08/21/08 09:19 PM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
Hey - glad you made it over.

Hope you are keeping your records and such for the mill breeder Project? So that we can SHUT these people DOWN!!

Alden
"Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored." Alice Walker

Mom to Valhalla; 6 cats; 1 macaw; 2 hedgehogs;
and very many great gliders!

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Kyrie, nothing will ever fill the hole you left in my heart.
Re: Time to get together to REALLY shut these people [Re: ValkyrieMome] #618229
08/21/08 09:25 PM
08/21/08 09:25 PM
Southern Iowa
T
TTrusty Offline
Glider Lover
TTrusty  Offline
Glider Lover
T

Southern Iowa
Thanks, I will keep them. It is terrible what they are doing. They take advantage of people because they are so cute. Lucky I didn't get mine or I would of been one of them with a sick glider. Or dead for that fact.

Mommy to:

Zoey and Teeka

Rockie, Bo and Hamilton

Sadie, Levi, Maggie, and Radar (dogs)
RIP Tippy (rescue)

Three human kids Natosha, Skylar, Keith
And a now new grand baby Abby

Glide Free My Boy MoMo
We will always Love You
Re: Time to get together to REALLY shut these peop [Re: ] #618415
08/22/08 01:30 AM
08/22/08 01:30 AM
Missouri
tammyangel Offline
Glider Slave
tammyangel  Offline
Glider Slave

Missouri
Originally Posted By: SugarMomma81
Does PPP not offer a health guarantee with their gliders? When I purchase any purebred animal from a breeder they always come with a health guarantee of some sort be it congenital or infectious. I find it to be ridiculous that they expect people to pay this sort of price for a pet and NOT include some kind of health guarantee. Even my shelter kitty came with 30 day health insurance FREE. That to me is a sure sign that they care nothing for the gliders, just the money. I wish people would STOP purchasing from them, but most people are ignorant when it comes to gliders, (ignorant is not used here as a put down).
Actually the contracts that (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets had these people at the Iowa state fair said that it guarantees the glider only for three days only.A lady just lost her recently purchased glider and it passed away on the second day and they refused to refund her money or replace it.Also there are people in iowa that are still getting gliders from these people and apparently they have set up shop in a hotel in the area and are having the people actually come there to get the glider.A lady contacted us and she listened to everything but still is going to the hotel in the next days to pick up the glider.

Having Faith and Hope that some day soon.That all the world will come to see that all of gods babies deserve love and affection.

gangel My little three precious angels :rbridge:

http://suggieshack.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=login

Mom to some really spoiled little ones.

:rtmo:
:leu:
:grey:

Re: Time to get together to REALLY shut these peop [Re: tammyangel] #618426
08/22/08 01:56 AM
08/22/08 01:56 AM
WI USA
G
gliderlover1 Offline
Glider Guardian
gliderlover1  Offline
Glider Guardian
G

WI USA
Very disturbing...
And so very sad!

Re: Time to get together to REALLY shut these peop [Re: ] #618432
08/22/08 02:34 AM
08/22/08 02:34 AM
Orem, UT
kipluck Offline
Glider Explorer
kipluck  Offline
Glider Explorer

Orem, UT
I have been reading such terrible things about this most recent fair. Not that I haven't heard enough horrid things about (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets before but I just want to cry more and more every time. I hate them. I HATE THEM.

Last edited by kipluck; 08/22/08 02:34 AM.

BethAnn aka: Kipluck
I miss you, my babies, Epiphany Jo, Lilo,& Heber! :rbridge: :rbridge: :rbridge: http://www.sugarshock.homestead.com
http://www.critters2go.homestead.com
Re: Time to get together to REALLY shut these peop [Re: kipluck] #618556
08/22/08 09:58 AM
08/22/08 09:58 AM
Ft. Pierce, FL
thefotokat Offline
Glider Slave
thefotokat  Offline
Glider Slave

Ft. Pierce, FL
More and more people are posting about the mill breeders, especially about Perfect Pocket Pets. They've been touched by the stories of the gliders that were bred and sold by these mills. They want to help...to do whatever they can to shut these terrible mills down. It can be done, BUT...we have to work together as a "team". There must be ONE unified front. We must have a focus and a direction. We must be organized.

The mill breeder Project has been working on shutting down the mills for over 6 months. We have short and long term goals, and we have a staff and volunteers who are working hard to make those goals a reality.

Many of the ideas we see being posted are ones we have planned and are currently working on. Having several separate groups or individuals working on similar projects will actually hurt all of our efforts. It's vital that we all come together as one. Come and volunteer and work with us on these projects. By working together, as ONE unified community project, we will be able to achieve our goals.

Oh, and SugarBlossoms, I answered you on SESG and please do include Peanut's records.

Re: Time to get together to REALLY shut these peop [Re: tammyangel] #618571
08/22/08 10:21 AM
08/22/08 10:21 AM

M
Missourigal
Unregistered
Missourigal
Unregistered
M

Good grief! I was at the Iowa State Fair last Saturday and met those guys! They are from Florida and they told me that they will keep in touch for 30 days after purchase. I would NEVER buy a pet from a vendor or a pet shop.These guys were letting the public hold their Sugar Gliders and I felt that the poor little ones were being stressed out.I did bring home all the pamphlets they were giving out. I didn't know they set up a place at a hotel. Very interesting. They wanted to sell their Gliders right then and there and when someone asked about shipping them, they tried to avoid her questions. I have never seen them at the fair before. I go every year and never have seen them before.
I raise Chinchillas and Dachshunds and they are not kennel raised either. I raise them in my home with a lot of TLC. I only raise one litter at a time. Since my husband is in the vet business, we have come across many puppy mills and they are disgusting! The breeders that we recommend, are clean and well cared for.I guess it takes all kinds of people who want to make the almighty buck out there..If I can help in anyway, please let me know.
Donna

Re: Time to get together to REALLY shut these peop [Re: ] #618585
08/22/08 10:34 AM
08/22/08 10:34 AM
Colorado Springs, Colorado
kyro298 Offline
Glider Explorer
kyro298  Offline
Glider Explorer

Colorado Springs, Colorado
We purchased ours from CCW in January of 2007 not knowing any better...I do know that they also had a 3 day guarantee but when I tried to call Steve on day 2 with some questions, I couldn't ever even get a hold of him. I used to get emails stating when he was coming through our area if I wanted to add to my "collection" but those stopped coming a few months later. Probably when I started vocally talking smack about them. There is NO way my girls were older than 6 weeks. It's a pure fluke I even bought 2. I thought I was getting one for each of my kids since that's what they said would be ideal. I even bought the year's worth of Glider Grub which was promptly trashed after I learned that is not their source of protein. I guess I got really lucky with their health.

Before I knew anything of the mill breeder Project, I did actually contact my local Expo center where they come to sell at home shows with a long, detailed letter of their practices, their alleged join up with (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets and their new name..Pocket Pets of Dallas. I added SO many links and websites, for the coordinators of the home shows, that could back up the things I was saying but have never heard back at all.

Kylah

5 sugar babies-Skitzi, Daddy, Zoomerang, Shiloh, Maddox

Re: Time to get together to REALLY shut these peop [Re: kyro298] #618587
08/22/08 10:38 AM
08/22/08 10:38 AM
MA
pappy1264 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
Sadly, when it comes down to money, some have no problem turning the other way. Every time I see someone new here who bought a glider from these people, my heart just breaks. Not just for that baby (which is usually sick or worse) but for all the others that are waiting in those tiny cages waiting for that hand to reach in and grab them. I just don't know how these people look in the mirror. I am glad your babies are ok and glad you did research them to learn how to really take care of them.

Timmy, Gidget(RIP), Bandit, Petey(RIP), Phoebe, Jake (RIP) Piper(RIP), Pru(RIP), Paige, Cole, Molly(RIP), Oliver, Wyatt, Roo(RIP), Romeo, Pennie, Mandy(RIP), Madison, Garth, Kikipoo, Stasia, Bella, Petunia(RIP), Helen, Sydney, Kizzy and Sweet Pea's mom,
Mary
Re: Time to get together to REALLY shut these peop [Re: kyro298] #618595
08/22/08 10:44 AM
08/22/08 10:44 AM

M
Missourigal
Unregistered
Missourigal
Unregistered
M

I just got the pamphlet out and it is www.pocket-pets.org. these guys were from Florida. they has some babies in a pouch and I know they were not very old at all. They hardly had any hair. This pamphlet gives quote "two other reputable websites " to check them out. You were very lucky that your babies were healthy.I can't find any guarantee on this pamphlet. Just a statement that they will stay in close touch with you for 30 days.

Re: Time to get together to REALLY shut these peop [Re: ] #618605
08/22/08 10:51 AM
08/22/08 10:51 AM

M
Missourigal
Unregistered
Missourigal
Unregistered
M

I didn't buy from those vendors. Fortunately, I am wiser than that. I am buying mine from a member on Glider Central.
I agree, these people who sell gliders to just anyone, has no conscience. I am glad that you have to meet certain criteria on this forum to buy a suggie. That is how it should be. I won't sell my Chins or my pups to a home that is dirty or to people that won't give them a forever home. I know I sound fussy, but that is just the way I am. I gave them love from the minute they were born, and I want them to continue to be loved all their life. I want responsible parents of my animals that I sell to. I have adopted so many pets that have come from terrible homes. My heart just breaks when I see them. I am lucky that we can afford to treat sick pets since my husband is in the business,but the cost can get high even for us, but that just means we don't go out to eat that week or something of that nature. We aren't rich, but rich with love!..

Re: Time to get together to REALLY shut these peop [Re: ] #618824
08/22/08 03:08 PM
08/22/08 03:08 PM

S
suggiesweatpea
Unregistered
suggiesweatpea
Unregistered
S

I think I still have an e-mail they sent me awhile back that says something about the pepto and yogurt!!!!

Re: Time to get together to REALLY shut these peop [Re: ] #618840
08/22/08 03:36 PM
08/22/08 03:36 PM
Utah
S
silverwolf Offline
Glider Slave
silverwolf  Offline
Glider Slave
S

Utah
Well I just got off the phone with our local state fair and they have not signed up as a vendor there unless they have changed their name completely. I gave the state fair people the names of Perfect Pocket Pets or Pocket Pets of dallas I also gave them the name of custom cage works. They said there is no one listed to sell these guys here that he can find. I also told him that if someone signed up to sell them they needed to check for current health certificates and have the utah health admin that is at the fair to run a check on the animals as most of them are sick. He stated that he would stay up on it and make sure that no gliders were being sold there.

Re: Time to get together to REALLY shut these peop [Re: silverwolf] #626491
09/01/08 10:08 PM
09/01/08 10:08 PM
Las Vegas, NV/Columbus, OH
DeeDancer Offline
Glider Guardian
DeeDancer  Offline
Glider Guardian

Okay, I've never posted on this forum before as I only got my sugar glider three or four weeks ago. My glider came from Perfect Pocket Pets, who were selling at the Ohio State Fair. They were VERY convincing and I naively bought into it. The two people representing Perfect Pocket Pets there were EXTREMELY different in personality. The obviously more experienced one seemed almost indifferent to the welfare of the animals...it was very odd. The other one didn't seem to know what he was doing, but was much more gentle with the gliders and actually paid attention while prospective customers were holding the gliders.

I decided that I wanted a girl, so I was allowed to select one from a small cage full of joeys. It was extremely hot outside and the two cages (one for females and one for males) were fully covered by towels. When the sales representative opened the cage, I saw at LEAST 35 joeys all in this one little cage. They were walking on top of each other, and I swear each of them started crabbing as soon as he opened the door. I was SHOCKED, because he had not at all explained that I was getting an unbonded, baby glider who was scared to death and had probably never been handled. Those poor gliders...I remember thinking how uncomfortable they had to be in that super hot tiny cage. And the fair is two weeks long...imagine them having to live in there for two weeks.

When I went to buy my glider (yes, just one-they convinced me that one glider living it's entire life alone was perfectly acceptable), my boyfriend paid by credit card. Their credit card machine "wouldn't scan" and they tried several times. Finally they decided to do it "the old fashioned way" and made a carbon copy of his credit card. A few days later when the charge came through, he realized that he had been charged TWICE. This is quite a big deal, considering that everything that they required us to buy amounted to a total of 560 dollars...a glider, a bonding pouch, a lizard heat rock, a two week supply of their pellet food/vitamins, and a cage so small I wouldn't put a hamster in it. When my boyfriend contacted them about the double charge, they responded within an hour and stated that they would get it taken care of right away. A week later, they still had not taken care of it and he had to harass them for a couple more days before it was taken care of, and they offered an apology and a ten dollar gift card to their online store. But man were we freaked out for a bit that we wouldn't be able to get that money back...

More to come in the next post, this is too long...

Last edited by DeeDancer; 09/01/08 10:27 PM.

~Deanna~
Chinchillas: Luke, Yoda, and Pronk
Gliders: Nika, Ranger, and DeeGee

(702)250-5236
Re: Time to get together to REALLY shut these peop [Re: DeeDancer] #626502
09/01/08 10:22 PM
09/01/08 10:22 PM
DeeDancer Offline
Glider Guardian
DeeDancer  Offline
Glider Guardian

...continued...

I followed their "bonding procedure" EXACTLY. This included their biting procedure, which tells you to shove your thumb as far into the glider's mouth as possible for at least five minutes with something that tastes terrible on your fingers. I tried this procedure when my girl began to bite me (probably because their other techniques were so frightening that she was scared to death). I swear that it absolutely slaughtered any bonding that may have worked until that point. I sent them a detailed email asking what I should do about this, and they said "Just keep working with her, she'll come around." I continued to follow their suggestions with no improvement, and emailed again. They responded with another "Just keep working with her" email. This is when I began to consult glidercentral-something that Perfect Pocket Pets EXPRESSLY states is a BIG no-no. They say several times in their introductory CD and on their website that under NO circumstances should you EVER consult a forum because ALL information there is WRONG.

My little girl is currently asleep in my bra-something that never would have happened without the information provided by this forum. She will even let other people hold her without crabbing. I am shocked at her improvement after I dropped the suggestions of Perfect Pocket Pets. I am not impressed by their "knowledge" (or lack thereof) and their false concern for their animals.

I apologize for the length of these two posts, but I wanted to be certain that I provided as much information as I have on this company-if they can be called that. If there is anything I can possibly do to help your efforts, please let me know.

Oh, in response to some other posts I saw here: when I bought my glider, I was informed that there was a three day health guarantee on her, and yes, they absolutely do say to give your joey Pepto Bismol to treat any stomach issues-including Giardia.

~Deanna~

(702)250-5236
Re: Time to get together to REALLY shut these peop [Re: DeeDancer] #626691
09/02/08 09:01 AM
09/02/08 09:01 AM

M
Missourigal
Unregistered
Missourigal
Unregistered
M

Those people sounds very similair to the two men that were at the Iowa State Fair that I saw. They had severl Joey's in a punch much too small to hold them. I also heard that after the fair ended, they got a motel and starting selling them out of there.
I am so glad we didn't buy from them. Althoug,now I feel guilty for the little Suggies that have to endure that type of treatment. You were very lucky that your little girl is now safe and doing so well. I trust this foum before I would even trust someone in a pet store! These people on this forum have helped me so much with my two little guys..I even joined the forum before I got my Suggies and I asked questions and did a bunch of research.
We are still in the bonding process, doing tent time etc. They now know who I am and will come to me, but I still can't hold them for very long, but they will come around. They love tent time and I made some new toys for them the other night and when they woke up, they could care less that I was there, they were interested in all the new toys! Just like a little kid.It was so cute..
Good luck with your little guy and trust these people, they know what they are talking about and welcome to the forum.
By the way, I also raise Chinchillas! I have seven and have had several litters of babies. Talk about escape artists!..Wow, these little guys can get out of anything. We have to have double locks on their cages..lol..
I also want to mention again, that if you need any help on shutting down these (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets, please let me know! I will do anything I can to help. Just tell me what to do..I can be very candid when it is needed! Nothing infuriates me more, then to see a mis-treated animal! Please let me know if you need my help..
Donna

Re: Time to get together to REALLY shut these peop [Re: ] #627362
09/03/08 03:35 AM
09/03/08 03:35 AM
DeeDancer Offline
Glider Guardian
DeeDancer  Offline
Glider Guardian

OH MAN, you're absolutely right about chins being escape artists! They can get out of anywhere and into anywhere.

You are also right about the people on this forum. I've just changed my gliders diet because I previously fed her the (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets diet (eek!) and man, she's loving it!

But back to the main topic: They gave the the cell phone number of someone supposedly an expert on gliders and said that I could call it any time of day. They also said to feel free and email to see when they will be back in Ohio if there's anything else I need. I don't know if any of that can help, but if it can please let me know.

~Deanna~

(702)250-5236
Re: Time to get together to REALLY shut these peop [Re: DeeDancer] #627411
09/03/08 08:53 AM
09/03/08 08:53 AM

M
Missourigal
Unregistered
Missourigal
Unregistered
M

Yesterday I went down to feed my chins and the three babies that were born on the 4Th of July, wouldn't leave me alone. I thought maybe they smelled my Suggies on my hands but I had just washed the dishes before going down to feed them..they have never been this interactive before. One even sat in my hand and let me feed him!
A lady from my area bought one of the Gliders from the Iowa State Fair 3 weeks ago. He is still alive. My daughter told her what we have been trying to do ( shutting them down). My daughter also suggested that she take her new little baby to a vet to be checked out. When I was at the Fair, they had several little Joey's in a pouch and they were so young that they barely had any hair on them. It sickens me to think that these poor little pets are being treated in this manner.
They told me that they would keep in contact with me for 30 days if I bought one. They never mentioned that they should be sold in pairs for companionship.In fact, they mostly talked about shipping them out of Florida and nothing was mentioned about diet other than what they were selling. My two little boys were on that same diet,( my owner before me also bought the mom and dad from the fair two years ago but he immediately took them to a vet to be checked out!) My two boys are from that mom and dad and are healthy but I changed their diet as soon as I found out how bad it was for them. We are still going through the transitional phase, they seem to like it one day and then not another day. I am using the BML diet which I can see how much better it is for them when I made the mixture up. I am gradually changing them over so that it isn't so much of a shock to their system...
Good luck with your little new friend, and yes, the people on this forum are great!
Donna

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 374 guests, and 85 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,569 TEXAS
679,073 OHIO
487,151 OKLAHOMA
432,154 UTAH
321,673 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024