Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Taking your suggie out with you? [Re: melek007] #372110
08/28/07 12:35 AM
08/28/07 12:35 AM
Mesa, AZ
konotashi Offline OP
Glider Addict
konotashi  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Mesa, AZ
As far as I've seen so far, the only smoke I've seen at all around the school are off campus. There's probably some smoke activity in the bathrooms, but I never go in there.

If it was on a half day, the teachers usually just let us sit around and do whatever. I think the same goes for yoga, because there's no point in taking all the time to dress out, do class for a few minutes, then dress back out. I think half days would be the safest. smile

Re: Taking your suggie out with you? [Re: konotashi] #373271
08/29/07 07:58 PM
08/29/07 07:58 PM
Mesa, AZ
konotashi Offline OP
Glider Addict
konotashi  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Mesa, AZ
Today was a half day, and I think that it'd be safe to take a suggie out with me to school (having the administration and teachers' permission) once a month on half days like this. smile
In P.E. we had to dress out, but we just watched a movie. (Not sure why they made us dress out.) :/
But I got home around 12 and then went to work, then I was done by four. (I like having a job where I can choose when I want to work. lol)
But as far as I can see, the only danger to the suggie would be if it were to get out and/or become curious. In first hour we did a little worksheet. In second hour we did another little worksheet. In third hour, we got a pop quiz. In fourth hour we read the whole hour. Fifth hour was a free period. Sixth hour, we just graded things, pretty much. And last hour, we watched a movie. (As said above.) smile

Re: Taking your suggie out with you? [Re: konotashi] #373431
08/29/07 10:27 PM
08/29/07 10:27 PM

N
NammyPants
Unregistered
NammyPants
Unregistered
N

yeah, half days are best. full days with all the crowds and noises wouldn't be good because school is so long. im in school, a rather good sized one, and it seems long enough for us the students, let alone a little guy trying to get some good z's. some of the kids can be so flat out dumb...i know more than one person who would think it funny to yank the bonding pouch from me. don't let anything bad happen to you! stick to the half days and keep it on the D.L. the experience would be best as a bonding day away from home for you and your suggie, i'd think. and the bra baby idea mixed with yoga could be a bad thing. down dog is the most common pose and that would be *very* uncomfy for the both of you!

Re: Taking your suggie out with you? [Re: ] #373458
08/29/07 10:59 PM
08/29/07 10:59 PM
Mesa, AZ
konotashi Offline OP
Glider Addict
konotashi  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Mesa, AZ
I HATE the downward facing dog... But we watched a video, and I asked her about other half days, and she said that we watched videos on half days almost every time.
Plus, the people I know, or even the people whose existance I will acknowledge, are the ones who aren't total idiots that act like they're four.

Re: Taking your suggie out with you? [Re: konotashi] #374060
08/30/07 08:03 PM
08/30/07 08:03 PM

L
loupsgarou333
Unregistered
loupsgarou333
Unregistered
L

I'm in Diesel Technology. Would it be ok to take them with me? We only have half days, but I would have to leave them in their pouch in the classroom if we did any engine work. Is that ok or should I just leave them at home?

Re: Taking your suggie out with you? [Re: ] #374103
08/30/07 08:59 PM
08/30/07 08:59 PM
Manitowoc, WI
BeckiT Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
BeckiT  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Manitowoc, WI
I would just leave them home. the point of taking them out in the pouch is to bond with them, but if they're just sitting by themselves in the pouch without you, they may as well be home in their nice safe cage wink

Re: Taking your suggie out with you? [Re: ] #374304
08/31/07 12:38 AM
08/31/07 12:38 AM
Mesa, AZ
konotashi Offline OP
Glider Addict
konotashi  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Mesa, AZ
I'm pretty sure that if you checked with your teacher for what you're doing on a particular day, that you could find a day that would be best to take 'em in.

Re: Taking your suggie out with you? [Re: konotashi] #374403
08/31/07 07:46 AM
08/31/07 07:46 AM
Garland, TX
Mel2mdl Offline
Glider Addict
Mel2mdl  Offline
Glider Addict

Garland, TX
My son's teacher said he could bring them in for a day (he's in 7th.) But I'm checking with Grandma to see if she will pick them up!

When I take mine to school, I take a small cage so I can put them up if they get to restless. Haven't tried to take one in yet - but I probably will one day. grin

Molly, son & husband:

Chairman Meow
Oscar & Thomas
Sam, Diego, Delilah, Delia :wfb:
Nevada, Noel
Marcel, Dakota, Latte
Dexter, Didi, Almond, Joy and Fitz
:grey:
Karl,Lenny,Jynxie,Chamille, Kee & Mr. Beans in my heart forever.
Teaching teenagers-part joy, part guerilla warfare! :rbridge:
Re: Taking your suggie out with you? [Re: Mel2mdl] #374620
08/31/07 05:28 PM
08/31/07 05:28 PM
Manitowoc, WI
BeckiT Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
BeckiT  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Manitowoc, WI
my son's teacher called me today and asked about bringing the gliders in a few weeks down the road because they're doing a science chapter on marsupials smile I told her I would if she has room for the Genji because I think that'll be the safest way to do it this year (bigger class than last year..)

Re: Taking your suggie out with you? [Re: konotashi] #374849
09/01/07 12:21 AM
09/01/07 12:21 AM

M
msizemore
Unregistered
msizemore
Unregistered
M

Just out of curiosty...when you carry them in your bra, which I plan on hopefully starting to do....where do they go potty?? haha...in your bra??

Re: Taking your suggie out with you? [Re: ] #374956
09/01/07 10:07 AM
09/01/07 10:07 AM
Eastern NC
melek007 Offline
Glider Addict
melek007  Offline
Glider Addict

Eastern NC
Originally Posted By: msizemore
Just out of curiosty...when you carry them in your bra, which I plan on hopefully starting to do....where do they go potty?? haha...in your bra??

Sometimes. During they day they usually just sleep and don't "go". Mine will come out if they need to. Hint: when they start trying to come out, get them somewhere accommodating.

~ I miss my Alev, Nese & Levent ~
Re: Taking your suggie out with you? [Re: melek007] #376885
09/05/07 02:42 AM
09/05/07 02:42 AM
Mesa, AZ
konotashi Offline OP
Glider Addict
konotashi  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Mesa, AZ
Where would somewhere accommodating be? On someone else? lol

Re: Taking your suggie out with you? [Re: konotashi] #376966
09/05/07 10:33 AM
09/05/07 10:33 AM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
I carry a puppy pad and baby wipes with me when I take my two out. When they start fussing in my bra or pouch I take them out and sit them on the puppy pad....for those who's gliders are not quite bonded, you can hold them over a waste basket or hold a piece of paper towel or tissue under them to go on.

Re: Taking your suggie out with you? [Re: LSardou] #378355
09/07/07 10:18 AM
09/07/07 10:18 AM
NW Missouri
princessmegi Offline
Serious Glideritis
princessmegi  Offline
Serious Glideritis

NW Missouri
Ok, here's some 1st hand experience. I took my glider (when I just had Cerulean) to school with me every now and then. For some reason teenage boys find it funny to hide your purse. What happens when your glider is in your purse? To keep them from taking my purse, I watched it like a hawk and had it sitting in my lap constantly. Ever tried to explain to a teacher why you can't just sit your purse on the floor? One time, I was giving Cerulean water during Home Ec and the teacher told me to put my cell up because she thought I was texting. Like an idiot I said, "It's not my cell phone." Of course, she wanted to know what it was and flipped out. She didn't say anything to anyone, but told me not to bring her back to school. Another time, I was running late and just grabbed Ceruean and popped her in my bra. Grabbed the bonding pouch and was going to put her in it in the bathroom after I checked in. Well, while checking in there were a few teachers in the office. Well the Home Ec teacher was in there, and said Good morning and Cerulean decided to pop out of my shirt and say Good morning back. I immediately grabbed my throat to cover C's head and said, "I don't feel well." Went to the bathroom and put C in her pouch. Of course, I was then called into the Principal's office and acted like he was nuts for thinking I had an animal at school. Anyway, that was the last time I took Cerulean (or any glider) to school. I really wouldn't recommend it. All it would take was one rude kid bumping into you or trying to be a jerk and your glider could be seriously injured.

"My doctrine is this: that if we see cruelty or wrong that we have the power to stop, and we do nothing, we make ourselves sharers in the guilt." ~ Anna Sewell, English Novelist
Re: Taking your suggie out with you? [Re: princessmegi] #378414
09/07/07 12:16 PM
09/07/07 12:16 PM

P
PeeperKeeper
Unregistered
PeeperKeeper
Unregistered
P

I agree that school is not a good place for gliders, unless it's a planned event where there is a cage in a classroom to put them in just in case. Even in a "normal" crowd of adults, you never know how someone will bump into you, whether you have them in your bra, a pouch around your neck, a purse, or even a Sissy pouch. In a crowd of teenagers, you really never know when someone is going to come running by, or get pushed into you, or whatever. When I have my gliders in my bra and I get caught in a crowd, I'm always nervous about that, and try to keep my hand up, ready to hold someone back if they bump me, but even that's not fool proof. Imagine if someone accidentally bumped into you and scared the glider, who then jumped out of your shirt, fell to the floor and went running off. That is not a far-fetched scenario and if it happened, the glider would most likely get stepped on or lost.

As fun as it sounds to take them to school, this is one of those times when you need to be a true, responsible glider slave and put the well being of your glider ahead of your personal pleasure.

As for taking them out in regular public places, go right ahead! I love to have my girls in my bra when I go to get-togethers like family reunions (as long as it's not in a sweltering hot park) parties, etc. I usually wait an hour or two, til I've been visiting for a while, then I do something subtle like drop a grape in my shirt. roflmao Then we get lots of attention, with everyone being amazed, like "you mean you've had those animals in your shirt this whole time?" roflmao Of course now all my friends and family know about them, so I can't shock them like I used to. ohwell I take them in restaurants all the time too. Mine don't generally try to come out at all unless it's getting to be late evening.

Re: Taking your suggie out with you? [Re: ] #379235
09/08/07 05:01 PM
09/08/07 05:01 PM
Mesa, AZ
konotashi Offline OP
Glider Addict
konotashi  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Mesa, AZ
That would be fun. My parents throw get togethers all the time at the house, and whenever they come over, they always want to hold my snake. But they stopped after I let her bite me and emphasized the bleeding (squeezed my finger) and made it look painful. (When snakes bite, depending on their size, it doesn't really hurt if they let go, but it can still be surprising.)
And I know that suggie bites aren't like that, from all of the stories I've read. Especially on the 'pit bull' biters. o_o
I could've just told them, "No, I don't want the snake out right now," and they would've left it at that, but I just wanted to make it where they'd leave me alone, along with her.
But if we got the suggie crabbing at them, I'm sure that there would be enough to make them not want to hold her. lol
That was kind of (totally) off_topic lol.

I would only bring her in on planned days, and confirm that all of my teachers will know that she'd be there and won't be completely shocked if they act up at all.

I was looking at a bonding pouch from SunCoast, and they zip up with the little lookouts.
You can be sure that she'd go with me everywhere else! (Excluding movies, because we usually go see ones with a lot of screaming and/or explosions.)
And (also off topic) what kind of bras do they like? Sports bras? lol

Re: Taking your suggie out with you? [Re: konotashi] #379246
09/08/07 05:29 PM
09/08/07 05:29 PM
Syracuse, NY
Kiiru Offline
Glider Addict
Kiiru  Offline
Glider Addict

Syracuse, NY
Some people wear a normal bra with a sports bra over it and put the gliders inbetween the 2. Some people also wear a tight fitting tank top and tuck it under their bra good so it's like a little shelf.

-Nicole
2 doves,1 dog,and 5 gliders...
* Yin and Yang
* Razzle, Tictac, and Kitkat - "The trio"
Re: Taking your suggie out with you? [Re: Kiiru] #381580
09/12/07 01:51 AM
09/12/07 01:51 AM
Mesa, AZ
konotashi Offline OP
Glider Addict
konotashi  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Mesa, AZ
Usually, all I wear are sports bras, and I never really paid attention, but there's some room in there that they could hang out in. lol

Re: Taking your suggie out with you? [Re: konotashi] #382227
09/13/07 07:18 AM
09/13/07 07:18 AM
NW Missouri
princessmegi Offline
Serious Glideritis
princessmegi  Offline
Serious Glideritis

NW Missouri
I don't think it will be as easy as you think to get the permission to bring a glider to school. If they allow you, they have to allow everyone. I can't imagine a school allowing all of it's students to bring pets (or even just gliders) to school for obvious attention and liability reasons.

"My doctrine is this: that if we see cruelty or wrong that we have the power to stop, and we do nothing, we make ourselves sharers in the guilt." ~ Anna Sewell, English Novelist
Re: Taking your suggie out with you? [Re: princessmegi] #382298
09/13/07 09:43 AM
09/13/07 09:43 AM

E
Edan
Unregistered
Edan
Unregistered
E

University lectures would probably work eh? I probably wouldnt be as bored

Re: Taking your suggie out with you? [Re: princessmegi] #383735
09/15/07 04:59 AM
09/15/07 04:59 AM
Mesa, AZ
konotashi Offline OP
Glider Addict
konotashi  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Mesa, AZ
Hm...
I didn't think about that... worried

Re: Taking your suggie out with you? [Re: konotashi] #383778
09/15/07 10:16 AM
09/15/07 10:16 AM

S
shasha
Unregistered
shasha
Unregistered
S

Hi all,
I was reading over the thread and I just wanted to add that I go to UT in Austin. I just my glider a week ago and I took her to one class and it went well however we are not bonded yet so after talking to a few of you on the forum I decided to wait before taking her all the way to campus again. Anyways once you are in college no one really cares or notices...most of the time people are just trying to stay awake! The classes are large (a couple hundred people) so you can just sit off to the side in case he/she starts crabbing or needs to get out. And of course you can come/go as you please so if you need to rush out its not a problem. I dont know what year you are in high school but you can always look forward to taking your glider to class in the future.

Owned by
Pepper (Lab mix)
Popcorn and Mcat (kitties)
and Kiwi (my baby and the suggie!)

Last edited by shasha; 09/15/07 10:17 AM.
Re: Taking your suggie out with you? [Re: ] #384195
09/16/07 01:53 AM
09/16/07 01:53 AM
Mesa, AZ
konotashi Offline OP
Glider Addict
konotashi  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Mesa, AZ
I'm in my freshman year right now, but I think that the suggie(s) and I should be pretty bonded by college. wink

Re: Taking your suggie out with you? [Re: konotashi] #428174
12/04/07 11:47 PM
12/04/07 11:47 PM

R
RaiSaix
Unregistered
RaiSaix
Unregistered
R

Hello! I have read over this thread as I was wondering if it would be a good idea to take gliders to middle school. (I now know you shouldn't, so I won't.) But one of the biggest concerns I have about getting a glider now is what I will do with them when I go to college. I see that it isn't a problem to bring them to class so I deffinately will! But my problem is I plan on going to a dorm. So do most colleges allow suggies in dorms (in the states where it is legal to own them)?

Re: Taking your suggie out with you? [Re: ] #428183
12/05/07 12:06 AM
12/05/07 12:06 AM
Lenexa, KS
TracieB Offline
Glider Addict
TracieB  Offline
Glider Addict

Lenexa, KS
I have read that lots of dorms don't allow gliders. I guess it would be a question you would have to ask the dorm you would be staying in. I know that's not of much help right now since you are in middle school and probably have no idea where you'd actually be attending college. ohwell Also, don't forget that you'd have to do without much social life at night away from your dorm/home since gliders need their playtime at night. wink

Tracie
1 wonderful husband - Chris
1 goofy Yorkie - Dexter
2 naughty kitties - Chloe & Alek

Waiting at the Rainbow Bridge:
1 spoiled Yorkie, Myles - April 5, 1993-June 5, 2007
1 sweet :wfb: Xavier - August 5, 2007-May 20, 2010
2 sweet :grey: :grey: Nara & Alkina - February, 2006-November, 2011

Re: Taking your suggie out with you? [Re: TracieB] #428185
12/05/07 12:11 AM
12/05/07 12:11 AM

R
RaiSaix
Unregistered
RaiSaix
Unregistered
R

Originally Posted By: TracieB
I have read that lots of dorms don't allow gliders. I guess it would be a question you would have to ask the dorm you would be staying in. I know that's not of much help right now since you are in middle school and probably have no idea where you'd actually be attending college. ohwell Also, don't forget that you'd have to do without much social life at night away from your dorm/home since gliders need their playtime at night. wink
Don't worry smile I'm willing to give it up! (by give it up, I mean I don't have a social life anyway. LOL)

Re: Taking your suggie out with you? [Re: ] #428424
12/05/07 01:19 PM
12/05/07 01:19 PM
Alagaesia
BarkinMarsupial Offline
Glider Explorer
BarkinMarsupial  Offline
Glider Explorer

Alagaesia
I'm going to have this same problem! I've been working hard on bonding with my suggies but with college next year, I don't know what I'm going to do! I maybe could get an apartment and share the rent with some people, but it's more likely that I will only be able to do that a few years into school. Maybe just sneak them in? wink I don't want all the time I've spent with them to go down the drain...

Sugar Gliders: aka Barking Marsupials or Roos.

1 Sugar Glider-Mirrhi
1 Cat-Lucas
Re: Taking your suggie out with you? [Re: BarkinMarsupial] #428432
12/05/07 01:39 PM
12/05/07 01:39 PM
Eastern NC
melek007 Offline
Glider Addict
melek007  Offline
Glider Addict

Eastern NC
Hey RaiSaix and BarkinMarsupial,
I did my first two years of college at the community college. I took most classes online and some at night, so I never had my suggies with me during campus classes.
I am transferring to a private school and will be attending the branch in my town (rather than the main campus). That way I'm able to live at home and not worry about the suggies. Also, I do like the school too (this is important!). HTH

~ I miss my Alev, Nese & Levent ~
Re: Taking your suggie out with you? [Re: melek007] #428570
12/05/07 05:47 PM
12/05/07 05:47 PM
Alagaesia
BarkinMarsupial Offline
Glider Explorer
BarkinMarsupial  Offline
Glider Explorer

Alagaesia
It's an idea. I'm actually considering (about 50/50 right now) staying in state, but I was planning on living on the campus. I could easily live at home though, but I want to get a little independence and living at home won't really teach me anything about that...still, if it's for the suggies, I might. That is, depending on if my parents let me, lol.

Sugar Gliders: aka Barking Marsupials or Roos.

1 Sugar Glider-Mirrhi
1 Cat-Lucas
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 372 guests, and 89 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,586 TEXAS
679,082 OHIO
487,164 OKLAHOMA
432,170 UTAH
321,695 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024