Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!" #1423556
05/25/21 09:57 AM
05/25/21 09:57 AM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline OP
Ladymagyver  Offline OP

SW Missouri USA
A week or so ago, sitting and watching TV, we had a little excitement... I'll start with a small backstory...

For about 3 weeks before, Stewie and Grace have been real interested with the bottom of their Congo cage. We weren't sure why. It could have been looking for left overs, something the other had dropped, who knows. But they would relentlessly pace around, sit and watch from the bottom grate.

After a while, I'd watch Grace when she would come out of the sleeping pouch for her morning wheel run. She would peek out and look at a particular corner on the bottom behind her favorite wheel. Then she would slowly climb out, and her tail would snake. Then make her way down to her wheel and carry on as usual.

One night after I placed dinner in their cage, Stewie poked his head out (he's always first to the dinner plates). He slowly came out and was fixated to the same corner that Grace watched.

After seeing them watch that corner for a couple of weeks, I blew it off as maybe that mouse is there, or they smell that he had been there. Well, when Stewie cleared his pouch, he was intently still watching the corner, but with his white tail snapping like a snake...

I thought to myself it must becoming a game. But this time it wasn't. Out of the corner of my eye, I watched him make his way to the bottom... He was deliberate and very slow, his eyes never left his prize.

He climbed out of site, so I continued to pay more attention to television. Hubby's on his phone checking out what ever guys do or read. Maybe the latest news, maybe research, maybe one of his forums, etc... Anyway he wasn't paying attention to the cage at all. Stewie was that quiet.

Then the Freedom wheel (it's black in color) started spinning. I glanced at it and saw bits of white, so knew it was Stewie. Grace must not be up yet. No biggie.. I continue to watch TV.

Then I hear him pounce on the tread mill (which is between both wheels which are mounted on each side of it). But I don't hear him running... more like walking... Ok I think without looking, he's wondering where to go from that spot... Then he jumps back on the freedom wheel and starts running, but not real fast... Then back to the treadmill... Walking, but it sounds different. So I look over at the cage, and he's trying to run on it, but seems to be stumbling. So now he has my full Attention... He looks strange. He's not all white... There's something dark in front of him... Is it Grace? No too small... I whisper to Hubby: " look at Stewie something's not right, what is it? " Hubby looked and at the same time we said," it's a mouse!"

OMG! He caught a mouse!!! And he's trying to go somewhere, but where? Why?

Then there is commotion at the top of the cage. It's Gracie. She's got a pea in her mouth and is heading to their sleeping pouch!

Hubby and I both get out of our chairs and head across the room. Gracie drops her pea and dives into the pouch. Stewie climbed the cage bars with his prize in his mouth and dangling between this legs. You can't see it, his mass covers it completely, but you can tell he's got it.

Grace is watching from the pouch intently, but won't come out. We're watching Stewie make his way to his fleece bridge. Once he got there, he paced back and forth looking for the perfect spot to sit. I'm sure he had no clue what to do, and he was very excited!

We are both still just watching probably mouth agape... Stewie finally sits down, puts a paw over the mouse and let's go with him mouth. He glances up at us and quickly his focus was back on his prey... He then started munching down...

Hubby looked at me and asked what should we do? I wasn't sure, so I told him to let Stewie have it for a bit. We both turned away from what would be total carnage. I thought to myself, I'll clean that up tomorrow...

I sat down, and hubby turned back to the cage and said," I can't let him do that. What if the taste of blood makes him turn on Gracie?" My answer to that was, "Well, good luck." As I put my feet up.

I didn't get the best view of what happened next as hubby had both hands in the cage and there was a struggle. And some quiet cussing and scolding. And hubby came out the victor...

As hubby turned holding the dead mouse by the tail to show me, I saw Stewie inside the cage on the door shaking and rattling it as hard as he could. He was mad!!!

Hubby tossed the dead thing outside and came back in. He said it was the first time he has ever held Stewie, that he didn't fight to get away. I asked if he got bit, and he said "No, but Stewie gave a good fight to hang on to that d##n mouse!"

I looked over at Stewie. So pitiful looking... He was still hanging on to the door looking where for his mouse!!! So I went to the freezer, got 2 pieces of cooked chicken ( their chicken for cheat nights), thawed it under warm water somewhat and opened the cage door... He sniffed and slapped it at first, looked over at hubby who was back at his phone, and reluctantly took one piece in his mouth, climbed back to the bridge when he had started eating on his now gone mouse, and ate quietly, sadly.. He made do.

I gave Grace, still in the bottom of their pouch, the other piece. Closed the door, and I walked away. I really felt sorry for him, but I think it was for the best...

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Grace :bb:

Ruby :grey:

Mom :grey:

Dad :grey:

Fiona, Dot and Stewie :rbridge: wish I could turn back time... Miss you

Current Research, Studies & Resources
Re: Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!" [Re: Ladymagyver] #1423563
05/25/21 10:14 PM
05/25/21 10:14 PM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
To bad you didn't get this on video.

I remember years ago when Suggiemom1980 had to gliders tag team her when they caught a mouse and she tried to get it away from them. They managed to eat half of it before she got it away.

Kimberley
Feathers-Sweetie, Mister Peanut & Big Mack
Fur-Guinan, Mr. Spock, T'Mir, Cho, Toothless, Maverick & Maharet :bb: T'Pol, Elizabeth & Curzon :wfb: TY, TJ, Light Fury, Madison & T'Pring :rtmo:
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker, Khayman and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

Re: Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!" [Re: Ladymagyver] #1423567
05/28/21 09:39 PM
05/28/21 09:39 PM
in the void
M
mechnut450 Offline
Glider Guardian
mechnut450  Offline
Glider Guardian
M

in the void
also good thing to take them away never know what kind of rodent poison they been in or other nasty crude these days.

Bowie,Misha :leu:
Peso, Bemo :rtmo:

Kahless :rtmo:

rehomed and missed Sasha, Sammi, Elda,
:rbridge: Momo, Sterling , Vino, Freya, Leeloo,
Muffin our first true fur master
Re: Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!" [Re: Ladymagyver] #1423591
06/13/21 10:18 AM
06/13/21 10:18 AM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline OP
Ladymagyver  Offline OP

SW Missouri USA
Thanks guys!

Stewie still keeps a diligent eye out for another mouse. But he must hone his hunting skills...

A couple of nights ago, a mouse appeared in the drop pan. I think it caught him off guard because (you have heard of the expression " bull in a china shop"?) He made quite a rukus jumping to the bottom of the cage, and chasing the mouse, and grabbing through the bottom grate just missing his prey...

So far, the count is Stewie 1, and almost another, and me 5...

I thought I had caught them all, and then a shadow raced across the kitchen floor... mad

So Stewie and I are still on the hunt! :elaugh:

It's not easy catching mice safely (only safe for gliders), it's a slow process... I think I know where they're hiding, I just don't have the nerve to seal myself in that room to dig them out yet. I HATE mice!!!!!

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Grace :bb:

Ruby :grey:

Mom :grey:

Dad :grey:

Fiona, Dot and Stewie :rbridge: wish I could turn back time... Miss you

Re: Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!" [Re: Ladymagyver] #1423601
06/20/21 10:25 AM
06/20/21 10:25 AM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
:lshower: :lshower: :lshower: :lshower: :lshower: Go Stewie! Go Stewie! Go Stewie! :lshower: :lshower: :lshower: :lshower: :lshower:

Kimberley
Feathers-Sweetie, Mister Peanut & Big Mack
Fur-Guinan, Mr. Spock, T'Mir, Cho, Toothless, Maverick & Maharet :bb: T'Pol, Elizabeth & Curzon :wfb: TY, TJ, Light Fury, Madison & T'Pring :rtmo:
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker, Khayman and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

Re: Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!" [Re: Ladymagyver] #1424187
03/04/24 12:12 AM
03/04/24 12:12 AM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
Oh the antics I have missed! Go Stewie!!

- Hutch

:grey: Morgana (11/15)

:rbridge:
Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

The epic saga begins here!

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 385 guests, and 92 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,598 TEXAS
679,085 OHIO
487,177 OKLAHOMA
432,185 UTAH
321,700 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024