Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
My male is wet every time he is in his cage. Is he over grooming or something else. Please help!! 😭 #1422126
03/15/20 09:13 AM
03/15/20 09:13 AM
South Carolina
Ruckus_N_Mayhem Offline OP
Ruckus_N_Mayhem  Offline OP

South Carolina
Where do I begin?!?! Ok, first this is my first post and I'm new to the forum. I'm a new glidder mommy and you guy don't even know how often I'm on here reading thru all your wonderful tips and tricks. I figured it was time to join the group plus I'm worried about my lil man.

So a lil back story...
I've been a suggie mom for almost a month now. I got Ruckus Feb. 26th from some people that I have know for a few years and didn't have the time to give him the attention he needed so I was more than happy to take him cause I had already been doing research and looking into getting a Joey for about 6 months. (I wanted to make sure I did all my research first lol)
Anyway I brought him home and when I got him he had already been depressed and most of his head was bald I'm assuming from over grooming because he hadn't been getting any attention for months and was depressed?! He is an older guy (9years old) and had a cage mate about 6 years ago and she died and they were never able to get him another companion. Once I brought him home he done pretty good with us. He wasn't real jumpy and seemed to get used (not bonded) to me fairly quick. Within a week he would come out to me in the morning and get into the bonding pouch willing and would snuggle up and go to sleep. He even feel asleep in my lap one morning outside of the pouch which made me feel.special. (I'll try to post a pic) I have basically devoted my life to him and making him a heathly happy lil man since I brought him home. I had been reading several post on here and talked to alot of people and everybody reccomended getting him a cage mate. I was worried at first cause he is so much old and already been on his own for so long but I spoke with a reputable breeder and she said she had the perfect lil girl for me. (Ruckus is neutered) she is a leucistic 13 month old female and was also looking for a cage mate so I picked her up the next day. (March 4th) when I got her she was a lil crabby pants lol but all I had to do was comfort her and she would calm right down. Anyway when I introduced them it was love at first sight. (I posted a pic) They immediately started grooming each other and playing. It was like she brought life back to my lil man. I was so happy for the both of them and that intro went so well. I went ahead and put them together and keep an eye on them. They snuggle when they sleep and have seemed to do well with each other from the start. We named her Mayhem! 💜

So now the problem...
It's been almost 2 weeks and I've seen improvments with Ruckus. His hair looks like it is finally coming back in on his head and overall just improvement with him. Neither of them are bonded to me but like I mentioned before Ruckus did somewhat trust me. Never crabbed or bit me since I brought him home. Always seems to stay close to me or on me when we did tent time or whenever I had him out of the pouch. I knew mayhem was gonna take time coming around cause she was very jumpy and even her own shadow scared her (literally anything that moves) she doesn't crab anymore but still a lil jumpy at times. All in all it seemed like we were on the right track. So 2 nights ago I went in to see them and hang out by the cage while they were up running around. I noticed Ruckus was soaking wet underneath (belly, legs and arms). It really worried me cause I've read they are not suppose to get wet and at this point I didn't know if he walked thru his water or what so I got him out and dried him off gently and put him back in his cage. He definitely wasn't to happy with me. I let them be and then a few hours later I went to check on them and he was soaked AGAIN!! At this point I'm confused and wondering how he is getting so wet. Looking at him I realized his skin under his fur looked a lil red and I started to wonder if he was over grooming again. But why? He also has started getting jumpy and backs away from me Instead of meeting me at the doorwhen I come to the cage (this started the day before I noticed him being wet) and it seems like we had started all back over from day one except I think he may be a lil worst as far as acting scared and being jumpy with me. I haven't changed nothing so idk what the sudden change was about but I been keeping a close eye on him. This is what I have noticed. He is only wet when he is in his cage and first comes out of his pouch for the night and seems to stay that way until I put him in the bonding pouch. I can keep him and mayhem in a bonding pouch all day and he never comes out wet like that. It's only if he is in his cage. Is something wrong or do you think he is overgrooming again. And if so why all of a sudden out of nowhere is he over grooming again? Do you think it's cause he don't like being away from me or maybe something else? But if it's that why does he act scared of me now? Between him being wet and a change in his attitude toward me IDK if I should be worried. Most times he still wants to get in the pouch with me and mayhem but sometimes he acts like he doesn't want to but she does So i don't want to stop bonding time with her but at the same time I don't want to put any stress on him. Should I continue putting him in the pouch with me during the day or just leave them both alone for a few days or just leave him alone for a few days and continue bonding time with mayhem? Is it normal for them to groom theirselves until they are that wet? Does anybody have any advice for me on what could be wrong or what I should do? It seems like because of him acting like that all of a sudden we are having a set back with bonding with mayhem cause she tends to follow his lead. She still comes out to get in the pouch with me a but usually waits for him to get in too. She likes to.get in my shirt and sleep sometimes and he doesn't so he stays in the pouch and she gets in my shirt lol She will get in and go back to sleep without him but like I said before I don't want to cause stress on him if I do seperate them. Is that a good or bad idea to do one on one bonding time with her like that or should I always have them in the pouch together?

Signed Desperate suggie mom

PS... I'm sorry I wrote a book but I wanted to make sure you knew the whole story. Also im going to post pics of my babies and pics of Ruckus bald spot on his head the day I got him and now. It does look better but now I'm worried he's gonna start going bald all over his body that is so wet. I look forward to hearing back from you guys!!

Attached Files
Current Research, Studies & Resources
Re: My male is wet every time he is in his cage. Is he over grooming or something else. Please help!! 😭 [Re: Ruckus_N_Mayhem] #1422127
03/15/20 09:20 AM
03/15/20 09:20 AM
South Carolina

South Carolina
I don't have a pic of his head now but all his hair around his eyes have started coming back. Also I tried to post a pic of his tail. It's not bald but it's not full like it should be. U can tell it's very thinned out.

Attached Files
Re: My male is wet every time he is in his cage. Is he over grooming or something else. Please help!! 😭 [Re: Ruckus_N_Mayhem] #1422129
03/15/20 10:10 AM
03/15/20 10:10 AM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
:welcome:

Okay, I have read your book rofl and have a few thoughts (I think :lol: )

I want to think about this for just a bit before posting, if you don't mind.

Love your pictures and what a wonderful thing your boy has such a loving home in his senior years. Yep, you got a senior grin And that gal of his. She's a beauty heart

Be back in a bit.

Your Sugar Glider Resource Center
Sugar Glider Help

Re: My male is wet every time he is in his cage. Is he over grooming or something else. Please help!! 😭 [Re: Ruckus_N_Mayhem] #1422131
03/15/20 12:59 PM
03/15/20 12:59 PM
South Carolina

South Carolina

Thank you for taking the time to read my book. :rofl2: sorry it was so long but I figured the only way to completely understand my situation I needed to tell the whole story. 😊 I do love my lil old man so much and just want him to live his best life. And thank you, Mayhem is such a cutie. I love them both so much and can't wait for them to be bonded to me and trust me completely. Please take your time. I look forward to your reply thanks

Re: My male is wet every time he is in his cage. Is he over grooming or something else. Please help!! 😭 [Re: Ruckus_N_Mayhem] #1422132
03/15/20 02:04 PM
03/15/20 02:04 PM
South Carolina

South Carolina
I was able to get some pics of him. Took a while cause I had to have my husband take the pics and wait for him to climb thru my hands (he likes to climb thru both my hands and peak his head out for a min) and move just the right way to get the pics cause I don't want to grab and hold him down but this gives an idea of what I'm talking about. He was in his cage for maybe 30 mins and this is how he comes back out. I've noticed this side is always the worst and usually all under his belly and sometimes chest and back legs. I know his belly is kinda hard to see but I didn't want to force him into a position and didnt want to scare him so that was the best pic I could get of his belly. Seems like it just depends on how long he is in his cage. Also was able to get a pic of how his head looks now. As u can see from the other pics the hair around his eyes is still kinda thin but trying to grow back. I really have noticed any difference in his tail but it may be growing back too. It's hard to tell cause it is still really thinned out.

Attached Files
Last edited by Ruckus_N_Mayhem; 03/15/20 02:08 PM.
Re: My male is wet every time he is in his cage. Is he over grooming or something else. Please help!! 😭 [Re: Ruckus_N_Mayhem] #1422133
03/15/20 06:23 PM
03/15/20 06:23 PM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
Hi and welcome the GC!!!

I'm glad he's taken so well to a mate!

What type of water source do you have?

What kind of water so you offer? Bottled, or tapwater?

Do they have a glider safe wheel?

You say he's wet when he comes out of his sleeping pouch but not in a bonding pouch?

Does his wet belly have a smell? Urine?

Does his sleeping pouch smell? Is it soaking wet too?

Have you observed him going potty/poop? Does he hiss when he goes?

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Grace :bb:

Ruby :grey:

Mom :grey:

Dad :grey:

Fiona, Dot and Stewie :rbridge: wish I could turn back time... Miss you

Re: My male is wet every time he is in his cage. Is he over grooming or something else. Please help!! 😭 [Re: Ruckus_N_Mayhem] #1422134
03/15/20 06:55 PM
03/15/20 06:55 PM
South Carolina

South Carolina
Hey! Thank you. Glad to finally be apart of the GC family. Yal have been my #1 source for info before and after I got my babies. I'm on here several times a day reading and learning everything I can.

I use bottle water, never tap water.

He does have a safe wheel. I double checked on it when I got him cause his wheel came with him when I got him.

Yea only sleeping pouch, log or fake coconut(stuff he has to chill/sleep in while in his cage.) If he's with me in bonding pouch, or my shirt he comes out fine. As long as he is with me I have no issues. But if he is coming from his cage he comes out looking like the pics I posted above. Sometimes worst! But he isn't bonded to me yet. I don't think anyway. He still acts a lil scared of me sometimes and sometimes will stay on me when we have tent time and sometimes he will try to stay as far away as possible. Just depends on his mood I guess.

I have smelled him thinking maybe he tinkled on hisself at first but it doesn't have a smell at all. Plus him and mayhem usually always snuggle if they are sleeping and she is never wet.

The pouch or blankets are never wet just him.

And yes that's one thing I feel like he loves to do on me lol he poops on me on a daily basis and never hisses. Stool is firm but soft and normal size. I did have a problem for a day or 2 when I first got him with him being constipated and he would struggle so bad to go and hiss and try to run around to help go sometimes but I got that all took care off and now he is on a regular reccomended diet (TPG) and seems to be doing good on that. No more constipation.

Re: My male is wet every time he is in his cage. Is he over grooming or something else. Please help!! 😭 [Re: Ruckus_N_Mayhem] #1422135
03/15/20 07:09 PM
03/15/20 07:09 PM
South Carolina

South Carolina
This is where he is currently. Snuggled up to me. This is actually a first for him. Normally he will crawl in my lap and curl up and go in and out of my shirt when he is awake but never fall asleep there. Also doesn't his fur look a lil yellow or is that normal? Could it be from him not being on a regular reccomended diet before I got him? I love this lil guy so much ❤️ he finds ways to steal my heart everyday.

Attached Files
Last edited by Ruckus_N_Mayhem; 03/15/20 07:11 PM.
Re: My male is wet every time he is in his cage. Is he over grooming or something else. Please help!! 😭 [Re: Ruckus_N_Mayhem] #1422136
03/15/20 11:26 PM
03/15/20 11:26 PM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
I would start with a vet check up for both of them. Have them checked for parasites and UTIs. Once that is ruled out, then I would say he is marking in the pouch. Intact males will dribble urine to mark their territory. Now that he has little woman, he has become Macho Man and is claiming her as his.

Hopefully the marking like that will quit after they have been together a while.

But I do think a vet visit is in order to rule out an illness.

Kimberley
Feathers-Sweetie, Mister Peanut & Big Mack
Fur-Guinan, Mr. Spock, T'Mir, Cho, Toothless, Maverick & Maharet :bb: T'Pol, Elizabeth & Curzon :wfb: TY, TJ, Light Fury, Madison & T'Pring :rtmo:
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker, Khayman and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

Re: My male is wet every time he is in his cage. Is he over grooming or something else. Please help!! 😭 [Re: Feather] #1422138
03/16/20 01:01 AM
03/16/20 01:01 AM
South Carolina

South Carolina
They both went to the vet when I first got them and got a clean bill of health. He is actually the one that reccomended getting Ruckus a companion because he had been depressed when he was with his previous owners and came to me with basically no hair on his head at all except a small mohawk from overgrooming. (Got him first so he went first then took her) His pouch or none of his blankets are ever wet, it's just him. And he is neutered. Also he didn't start doing it til almost 2 weeks after we got her. I got her on March 4th and he just started doing this about 2 nights ago.

Re: My male is wet every time he is in his cage. Is he over grooming or something else. Please help!! 😭 [Re: Ruckus_N_Mayhem] #1422139
03/16/20 01:13 AM
03/16/20 01:13 AM
South Carolina

South Carolina
Also the pouch isn't the only place. Basically anytime I put them back in the cage it happens. I've watched him for a few mins sometimes and he grroms hisself. That's why I was kinda thinking he might be overgrooming again but not sure why if that is what he's doing. And he is so wet he looks like he's been swimming so would it be normal for him to be that wet (arms, legs, sides and belly) if it was pee? He never smells like pee. Plus it's like we are back to day one with bonding. He will come get in his pouch to hang out with me during the day and go right to sleep but if we are doing tent time or if he is in his cage at night he tries to stay as far away from me as possible where before he would basically stay on me most of the time.

Re: My male is wet every time he is in his cage. Is he over grooming or something else. Please help!! 😭 [Re: Ruckus_N_Mayhem] #1422140
03/16/20 05:57 AM
03/16/20 05:57 AM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
So you keep blankies in his pouch? (4×4" fleece cut in to squares)

Does he seem to salivate excessively when not overgrooming?

What kind of cleaners do you use to clean the cage? And bedding?

Do you use dryer sheets?

How is the humidity in your home?

What type of pouches/ bedding do you use?

Do you use any air purifiers, frebreeze or other aerosols in their room??

Do you have any other pets?

If he has a clean bill of health, this could be anxiety, but I've never heard or read about it to this extent.

Have you had a fecal done?

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Re: My male is wet every time he is in his cage. Is he over grooming or something else. Please help!! 😭 [Re: Ladymagyver] #1422141
03/16/20 08:36 AM
03/16/20 08:36 AM
South Carolina

South Carolina
I do have fleece in their box and their hammock pouch. The one in the pouch is about and 4*4 or maybe 5*5 and the box is bigger so the one in there is probably about a 7*7 They always like to crawl under the fleece and sleep.

I don't use dryer sheets.

I haven't had them very long (maybe 3 weeks) and I haven't had to wash the bedding yet. I didn't know if that would be a good thing to do til they were bonded to me. Should I go ahead and wash it? If so what should I use? I use tide Laundry soap. Is that ok? I did clean the cage once but that has been weeks ago now. Just use Dawn and water and washed and dried it off really good.

I don't have a humidifier. Do I need to get one? I had read something saying they can be unsafe for them but it so hard to figure out what's true and what's not out there.

I haven't noticed nothing like this with him at all until a couple night ago. Seems to groom himself and mayhem normal just until now. He still grooms mayhem normal when he does groom her. She is never wet like that.

I use fleece for all their pouches and bedding.

I don't spray anything around the house since I got them and definitely not in their room cause I read that's a no-no?

I do have other animals (dog & cat) but they don't go in the suggies rooms. Now that u mention that tho. Just a few days ago maybe right before this started happening. My cat did go into their room when I opened the door to go see them. They were up moving around and seen each other but they was no kind of contact cause the suggies were in their cage and I took my cat back out immediately. I don't think she would mess with them but I still would NEVER take that chance even if they are in their cage. Do u think that could have triggered anxiety?

As far as I know they did not do a fecal matter. Should I call and request one?

I will take some pics of their cage so u can see what they have.

Update: I just went in to take some pics and he came right out and was not wet at all anywhere!!! That makes me feel a lil better but I hope he doesn't do it anymore and just wonder why he started doing it out of nowhere like that. I took pics of their cage. The cage and most of the stuff in it came with him and I would like to change some stuff but I was afraid of changing to much atleast until we are bonded cause I didn't want to stress him out. Do u see anything I should change? I do want to get more toys and I'm going to sew some other type pouches. And I thought I had a safe wheel but somebody just told me last night this isn't one of the safe wheels and now I feel so bad for keeping it in there. Do u know where can I buy a new wheel cause I'm going to order one today.

Attached Files
Re: My male is wet every time he is in his cage. Is he over grooming or something else. Please help!! 😭 [Re: Ruckus_N_Mayhem] #1422142
03/16/20 08:41 AM
03/16/20 08:41 AM
South Carolina

South Carolina
I tried to get the whole cage in one pic but the size of the pic was to big to download so I had to crop it nto 2 pics 😊

Re: My male is wet every time he is in his cage. Is he over grooming or something else. Please help!! 😭 [Re: Ruckus_N_Mayhem] #1422143
03/16/20 09:02 AM
03/16/20 09:02 AM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
Ok, this is when I wish I was on a laptop and not my phone... I could highlight like Karen does and answer questions directly. Lol!

Laundry detergent: some people use Tide, and it seems to be Ok. I use free and clear. If their bedding is especially smelly, I will presoak in the sink with hot water and Dawn dish soap. I don't rinse it out, but will wring out and put straight in washer and wash and dry(or drip dry in sunshine is antibacterial, or dryer temp on medium). I also wash their bedding with my regular laundry so when we are all clean, we smell alike.

Don't feel bad about your wheel. Someone else made the mistake too, or you would have a proper wheel. I've found the best deals on Etsy.

Here:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/620288...allery-1-3&frs=1&bes=1&col=1

If you are comfortable, they are fine. I'm asking because some people use an ionizer, and those aren't good for any animal.

Since you've only had them 3 weeks, their skittishness is normal. New smells, new home/ environment, schedule is still being established.

When I was new at this, I would just sit by the cage and softly sing to them, or softly read a book. Slow montions around the cage are best. If you bump cage, vacuum, or are even entering their room, softly announce yourself. If you bump their cage let them hear your voice to know it's you. No pussy footing around thinking they are asleep. It's ok. Make normal noises

When they start their jumping and packing anxious repeat " it's ok" say it over and over. Over time, they will understand those words and start calming down on this que .. I learned this from a 20+ year glider owner who has helped me with one of my gliders who is constantly on high alert over everything.

Cut up some new fleece blankies. Wash them and then tuck under your pillow, rub them on you, or put in your laundry to get 'your scent' on them. Swap them out every other day with the ones they sleep with. They will grow accustomed to your smell and start associating your scent with a 'safe place'. It's all about trust building.

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Re: My male is wet every time he is in his cage. Is he over grooming or something else. Please help!! 😭 [Re: Ruckus_N_Mayhem] #1422144
03/16/20 09:36 AM
03/16/20 09:36 AM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
You have a nice sized cage.

But there are some safety concerns.

The rope perches are a snag issue with their nails. It will eventually come loose and wrap around toes or feet. For now, I would wrap them with strips of fleece, or remove.

The cute coconut needs to be restrung with fleece strips. I would use anti pill fleece, 1" wide(on the no stretch direction of fleece). You can knot between the ladder rungs.

The open hammock: watch metal rings for rust. Remove them and use shower curtain rings untill you can get c-links.

The wood perches look safe, but if you start getting a smell, they will need to be washed in vinegar or replaced/removed .

I have Pm'd you. Look for the flashing letter in the upper right corner of the main menu

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Re: My male is wet every time he is in his cage. Is he over grooming or something else. Please help!! 😭 [Re: Feather] #1422145
03/16/20 09:59 AM
03/16/20 09:59 AM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
I did follow this thread yesterday, and you were getting some excellent advice, so I did not chime in. I was going to post pretty much what Feather/Kim posted below anyway.
Originally Posted by Feather
I would start with a vet check up for both of them. Have them checked for parasites and UTIs. Once that is ruled out, then I would say he is marking in the pouch. Intact males will dribble urine to mark their territory. Now that he has little woman, he has become Macho Man and is claiming her as his.

Hopefully the marking like that will quit after they have been together a while.

But I do think a vet visit is in order to rule out an illness.

I would give this behavior a week or so more to clear up. They don't do this continuously. If he doesn't stop, then I would suggest you take them both in to make sure there isn't the possibility something might be going on.

Sugar Glider Help

Re: My male is wet every time he is in his cage. Is he over grooming or something else. Please help!! 😭 [Re: Ruckus_N_Mayhem] #1422147
03/16/20 11:46 AM
03/16/20 11:46 AM
South Carolina

South Carolina
Thank you all for the advice. I greatly appreciate u taking time to help me out. I just wanna be the best suggie mom I can be to them and obviously still have alot to learn. 😊
I will make the changes to their cage today. I actually went out and bought alot of fleece before I got them for another project that I didn't end up doing so now I have tons of yards of fleece all different colors so I will definitely cut some up and start changing it. I did that when I first got them both and that's the piece they still have now. I didn't know I needed to change it every other day so I just did it the one time. That makes sense tho so I will definitely start doing that.

I have seen alot of stuff online where people make toys and ropes with fleece so I plan on doing that soon and switching the ropes out and adding more toys. But fi now I will cover the ropes with fleece. They never had anything to forge with before so I'd like to give them that. I made the toy box for them and hide treats in plastic eggs with holes and they both seem to really like that but I'd like to do more than just that. I bought a bunch or plastic shower hooks but will order some c-hooks today. Thanks again for your time.

I'm sorry I have so many questions lol I just feel like so many people have told me wrong...

They are on the TPG diet. I know it says to give them variety so I wanted to make a couple different batches. Do you happen to know how long it stays good for in the freezer. For example if I make 4 different batches that will last 2 gliders for 2 months. Will it stay good for that long?

Also I've seen tons of different things about the diet and it says to feed one cube per glider and sprinkle vitamins on top and feed meal worms as treats throughout the day or night. Should I be feeding anything else with the cubes at night? (I do have staple food in the cage during the day.) I had bought some from exotic nutrition and before I was able to use it somebody told me not to because it has been killing gliders? So I never used it and I'm trying to send it back. I went and bought staple food from the pet glider website.

Then I believe this is my last question (for now at least 😂) ...
Is there such thing as spending too much time with them?

I haven't had to work a whole lot the last few weeks and when I'm home I basically have them with me all day until night time unless I'm cleaning and moving around alot then I will put them in their cage and only have them with me for like the second half of the day. They seem to be fine with it. The climb right I'm the pouch usually in the mornings. I spend a lil time with them either I'm the tent or my bathroom and then they crawl in and go to sleep. They may readjust from time to time but they are not trying to get out or awake while they are in there. They seem to be pretty content when they are with me in the pouch or my shirt. 💜😊

Re: My male is wet every time he is in his cage. Is he over grooming or something else. Please help!! 😭 [Re: Ruckus_N_Mayhem] #1422158
03/22/20 11:31 AM
03/22/20 11:31 AM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
Haven't heard from you for a while. How is your little fella doing?

Sugar Glider Help

Re: My male is wet every time he is in his cage. Is he over grooming or something else. Please help!! 😭 [Re: KarenE] #1422163
03/22/20 12:34 PM
03/22/20 12:34 PM
South Carolina

South Carolina
Not so good I'm afraid 😢

I have him a vet appt first thing in the am.

We have had a few lil scares with him the last few days.

Friday he got real bad dehydrated and was just overall not doing to good. I was able to get him hydrated by staying up with him most of the night and nursing him with a dropper.

Then I realised that I hadn't noticed him at his food at all and normally I see him at it atleast once throughout the night. I've been hand feeding him just to make sure he is getting something on his belly.

He seems to be doing better but is still overgrooming every chance he gets and he is very very skinny. He is on the TPG diet and has been doing good with it but just doesn't seem to be putting any weight on at all. When u pet him u can literally feel every bone in his lil body 💔

He also seems to be very itchy and think that may have something to do with the overgrooming.

I have ordered a humidifier that will be here tomorrow but I figured I would just get him back to the vet and see what they say.

Unfortunately tomorrow was the soonest they could get him in but we will be there first thing in the morning (as long as they dont cancel and close with all this sickness going around) and hopefully the vet can get us back on the right track for my lil old man.

Please keep us in ur thoughts and prayers. I will update tomorrow as soon as we leave the vet!

Thanks so much for ur concerns and checking on us. It means alot to have so much support from everybody.

Re: My male is wet every time he is in his cage. Is he over grooming or something else. Please help!! 😭 [Re: Ruckus_N_Mayhem] #1422169
03/22/20 03:11 PM
03/22/20 03:11 PM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
Make sure you have his teeth checked, an x-ray may be needed.

Kimberley
Feathers-Sweetie, Mister Peanut & Big Mack
Fur-Guinan, Mr. Spock, T'Mir, Cho, Toothless, Maverick & Maharet :bb: T'Pol, Elizabeth & Curzon :wfb: TY, TJ, Light Fury, Madison & T'Pring :rtmo:
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker, Khayman and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 388 guests, and 86 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,555 TEXAS
679,070 OHIO
487,141 OKLAHOMA
432,147 UTAH
321,667 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024