Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
SGGA Location Information/Little Rock, AR #1419514
02/20/19 12:35 PM
02/20/19 12:35 PM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline OP
Owner
KarenE  Offline OP
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
Originally Posted by queenduck
I can't believe it, after many attempts...... I REMEMBERED MY PASSWORD. Hello old friend GC, I have missed you and I apologize for my years of absence.

For those of you who have no idea who I am... which is probably most of you. My name is Alicia, aka Queenduck for all of you that have been around for a decade plus. I was here for may, many years. Before life and Facebook (sorry again). And while I no longer breed sugar gliders frown
I am still in the community but I can not log onto GC at work except once a week, and when I am not at work (I work nights) I am usually asleep or surfing from my phone. I still sew and sell the The Original SIssy Pouch on Etsy and at sugar glider gatherings. And I still assist with the magic of the SGGA
What is the SGGA you say?

For me it is a place to meet with other sugar glider enthusiasts, breeders, vendors, and most of all FRIENDS. Old friend, new friends, family. To learn new tips and tricks related to sugar gliders and expand my knowledge from computer based education to round table, word of mouth, and hands on education.

The 2019 SGGA will be in
Little Rock, Arkansas
July 26th - 27th, 2019

Hosted by Donnie and Laura Ross, owners of River City Sugar Gliders

This weekend will be filled with laughter, learning, and making life long connections.

Please visit the SGGA 2019

I want to tell you about my first SGGA.

I had owned 2 gliders for just a few months- March to July. I had 3 day weekend off from EMS, and teenager with a drivers permit needing to get some drive time in, and a huge amount of adventure and curiosity. So I loaded 3 of my 5 kids up and drove from the middle of Kansas to Illinois. I did not have one single "friend' on GC and I didn't know one other actual owner, my family and co-workers thought I was crazy.

We arrived at the assigned hotel 10 hours late and while sitting in my mini van one of the kids said "Mom, are we here".

Just at the moment and man walked in front of my van and he had a tight white t-shirt tucked into a pair of jeans. As he walked passed us I thought I saw 2 large mounds move under his t-shirt (on his back), at closer look I could tell he had sugar gliders just roaming around under his shirt.... no pouch or anything. That man's name was Marvin.

I said "I think we are here". LOL

At that SGGA, I met one of the nicest couples in the world, both would become my lifelong friends. They were Karin and JIm Leonhardt.

I found out that Lima beans would not instantly kill a glider, that yes they can be woken in the daytime, and that Bourbon can seem really scary at first... but really is just one of us.

Fast forward to 2019... my oldest Son Chase fell in love with another sugar glider owner, Lysine from Lucky You Gliders, and I now have two wonder grandbabies from that 'pairing'. My closest friends have all been met at sugar glider gatherings, most at SGGA's. I created a fantastic product that has lasted for the past 15 years and is my part time job. And at the worst times of my life, the death of my father, my son's house burning down, and the best times of my life, the birth of my 6th child.... my sugar glider family has always supported me.

Had I NOT gone to my first SGGA, I would not be the person I am now.

Please join me and all of my friends and family.... grandbabies included, this year at the 2019 SGGA.

I'll try to come back every Tuesday night and answer questions, but if I am not here.... you can friend me at Alicia Kyriss Rudd or Sweet and Sour Sugar Gliders on Facebook, message me if you like. I am rarely ever sitting in front of a real computer screen but I almost always have a phone in my pocket.

I can't wait to meet you smile

Your Sugar Glider Resource Center
Sugar Glider Help

Re: SGGA Location Information/Little Rock, AR [Re: KarenE] #1419833
03/23/19 03:26 AM
03/23/19 03:26 AM
Bee-Bopping round SnakePit USA
B
Bourbon Offline
Serious Glideritis
Bourbon  Offline
Serious Glideritis
B

Bee-Bopping round SnakePit USA
2019 SGGA

www.sgga.info

Hosted by Donnie Ross and Laura Gaskin Ross in Little Rock Arkansas
July 28th,2019

The SGGA is much different than the forums and Facebook. .you get to meet people face to face, you can see their passion and there isnt any drama. You can sit at a table with 5 people and hear 5 different ways people do things and why..

It is a weekend of making memories, and education is at every turn, whether it is at the convention, sitting at the tables socializing, or even sitting and enjoying a meal. It is a weekend of fun, games and adventures.

The opportunity to meet and purchase from vendors, meeting and talking to the many breeders, everyone from want-to-be-new owners to veterans. .last years suprise guest was Judie Hausmann..the grandmother and goddess of the leus.. a great friend full of information with a great sense of humor, she kept everyone smiling and waiting to learn more. .

The Sgga now has a sewing and craft room addition that is the sole baby of Denise Rainwaters where they teach safe sewing at every level, from teaching you how to use your own machine, loading a bobbin and threading a needle. .to complicated sewing techniques. .to include toy making as well..

You can learn a large variety of topics from clipping your gliders nails, discussions regarding care, diets and medical to breeding, colors, and rescues,

You can teach or learn based on your own experiences.

The SGGA is what you want it to be. .if you want fun, education, or just to extend your networking resources. .you will find it there.

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 368 guests, and 77 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,576 TEXAS
679,076 OHIO
487,156 OKLAHOMA
432,161 UTAH
321,685 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024