Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Ladymagyver. 03/28/24 09:57 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
How to deal with a jealous girlfriend... #1416725
06/22/18 02:44 AM
06/22/18 02:44 AM
Atlantis
billytense aka Lisa11 Offline OP
Joey Member
billytense aka Lisa11  Offline OP
Joey Member

Atlantis
Sooooo here is my update.

I have Wendy, she is almost a year old and she is my bonded baby.
I have Pricilla , she is about five I think and she has been in my care for about two months. She is coming along nicely and seems to be healthy and happy. She no longer crabs at me and is gentle at taking treats. She still doesn't dig being picked up but her bites have taken on a lesser severity as if she is getting used to letting me know and not out to tear my finger off at the knuckle. She is starting to enjoy the little face rubs but isn't relaxed enough to curl up and doze off like Wendy.
I also have the gruesome twosome. Ethel and Herky. I purchased this pair, (male intact) off a less than reliable individual and they were in not the best of shape. They are very committed to each other but Herky does have a wondering eye. I have no idea how old they are, only that they have produced babies in the past. I keep them separated around mating time and Herky is going under the knife or laser this monday.
Everyone is enjoying Critterlove plus, fresh fruit and each glider's personal favorite snack. Because god forbid everyone like the same thing, Oh, no that would be too easy. The only thing we can all agree on is that freeze dried chicken necks are yummy.

this is where it gets complicated

Pricilla, Wendy and the Happy Couple all have their own cages. I think its a madagascar and two congos. For a while they all shared a room and I would wheel them out one by one and let one out to play and explore. this didn't seem to work out for everyone. Either the spare room was too small or just too many smells.and all that wheeling around was time consuming and noisy.
I converted the living room to another glider room and now the Odd Couple live there and are happy to be let out and play on the ropes and stuff.

Wendy and Pricilla share the spare room now but Wendy gets to run and play in my bedroom. She is the only glider that goes in there and it seems it is there that she is the most relaxed. If I let wendy out in the spare room or the living room, she spends all of her time marking and covering up everyone else's scent and I worry sometimes that she is exhausting herself. Even with just the two ladies in the spare room, it seems that Wendy is full of nervous anxiety always running back and forth and keeping watch on Pricilla even if I cover the cages.
Pricilla could care less. She hangs out, and scampers onto my hand and explores whichever room I put her in. She doesn't bother marking or covering but she is curious about the other gliders.

Here are my questions for you Giants of Glider Guideology.

First, Nobody stinks and everyone's fur is in good shape. But I have been hearing about bath's lately. Is that something I should be doing on a schedule?

Second, I read in a post somewhere about a spray that helps gliders get along. sounds like horsefeathers to me but is there such a thing?

Third, Once herky is done with the whole "shave and a haircut.......Twoooo Biiiits! (gone)" I know he is still married but would it be okay to let him have play dates with the other females? Will that cause marital distress in the Dynamic duo's household?

Finally, Wendy is very posesive. If I handle other gliders, especially Pricilla, she is super aggressive at marking me and scenting me, even skunking on a regular basis. I tried to explain to her that they were just professional relationships but last week I caught her going through my wallet looking at receipts. She had pulled one out in particular that was for the canned mealies that pricilla happens to like. I played it off pretty cool, telling her that it was for a pot luck work function and I think she believed me. However, my laptop keyboard was covered in crumbs this morning and Gmail was left open so I think she may be trying to read my mail as well....
Seriously Wendy is super happy around me but there has been no reduction in the ferocity to which she displays her dislike for the other female gliders. I have been switching pouches but when I move the cages closer she stalks pricilla like hungry lioness. I don't even dare think about an introduction at this point.
I guess my point is I feel like all the gliders are suffering from my lack of time to spend one on one with them. I don't worry about the couple that much but they are way behind in the bonding area. It's Pricilla and Wendy that worry me, mostly Wendy. I'm not sure how to proceed. As it is now, two out of three get played with for about 45 minutes every night and I try to rotate evenly. About once a week my schedule bunches up and there is just a quick hello and maybe an extra treat. Also about twice a week I'm able to take wendy into my room and give her a little rubdown and she will fall asleep on me for a while.

Ok Masters of Mini Marsupials, Pontiffs of Possums and Fuzzbutt Fanatics, hit me up.

Thanks for everything, I hope you enjoyed this.

Great googley moogley

Current Research, Studies & Resources
Re: How to deal with a jealous girlfriend... [Re: billytense aka Lisa11] #1416729
06/22/18 04:59 PM
06/22/18 04:59 PM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
Originally Posted By: billytense aka Lisa11
Sooooo here is my update.

I have Wendy, she is almost a year old and she is my bonded baby.
I have Pricilla , she is about five I think and she has been in my care for about two months. She is coming along nicely and seems to be healthy and happy. She no longer crabs at me and is gentle at taking treats. She still doesn't dig being picked up but her bites have taken on a lesser severity as if she is getting used to letting me know and not out to tear my finger off at the knuckle. She is starting to enjoy the little face rubs but isn't relaxed enough to curl up and doze off like Wendy.
I also have the gruesome twosome. Ethel and Herky. I purchased this pair, (male intact) off a less than reliable individual and they were in not the best of shape. They are very committed to each other but Herky does have a wondering eye. I have no idea how old they are, only that they have produced babies in the past. I keep them separated around mating time and Herky is going under the knife or laser this monday.
Everyone is enjoying Critterlove plus, fresh fruit and each glider's personal favorite snack. Because god forbid everyone like the same thing, Oh, no that would be too easy. The only thing we can all agree on is that freeze dried chicken necks are yummy.

this is where it gets complicated

Pricilla, Wendy and the Happy Couple all have their own cages. I think its a madagascar and two congos. For a while they all shared a room and I would wheel them out one by one and let one out to play and explore. this didn't seem to work out for everyone. Either the spare room was too small or just too many smells.and all that wheeling around was time consuming and noisy.
I converted the living room to another glider room and now the Odd Couple live there and are happy to be let out and play on the ropes and stuff.

Wendy and Pricilla share the spare room now but Wendy gets to run and play in my bedroom. She is the only glider that goes in there and it seems it is there that she is the most relaxed. If I let wendy out in the spare room or the living room, she spends all of her time marking and covering up everyone else's scent and I worry sometimes that she is exhausting herself. Even with just the two ladies in the spare room, it seems that Wendy is full of nervous anxiety always running back and forth and keeping watch on Pricilla even if I cover the cages.
Pricilla could care less. She hangs out, and scampers onto my hand and explores whichever room I put her in. She doesn't bother marking or covering but she is curious about the other gliders.

First, Nobody stinks and everyone's fur is in good shape. But I have been hearing about bath's lately. Is that something I should be doing on a schedule?No, the only time a glider needs a bath is if it is sick, got into something that would make him or her sick if they were to clean themselves up.

Second, I read in a post somewhere about a spray that helps gliders get along. sounds like horsefeathers to me but is there such a thing?I wouldn't use that stuff, swapping pouches is much better.

Third, Once herky is done with the whole "shave and a haircut.......Twoooo Biiiits! (gone)" I know he is still married but would it be okay to let him have play dates with the other females? Will that cause marital distress in the Dynamic duo's household?
I would start swapping pouches with everyone and see if you can integrate them into one colony after the male is neutered. Check out my article on introductions HERE

Finally, Wendy is very posesive. If I handle other gliders, especially Pricilla, she is super aggressive at marking me and scenting me, even skunking on a regular basis. I tried to explain to her that they were just professional relationships but last week I caught her going through my wallet looking at receipts. She had pulled one out in particular that was for the canned mealies that pricilla happens to like. I played it off pretty cool, telling her that it was for a pot luck work function and I think she believed me. However, my laptop keyboard was covered in crumbs this morning and Gmail was left open so I think she may be trying to read my mail as well....
Seriously Wendy is super happy around me but there has been no reduction in the ferocity to which she displays her dislike for the other female gliders. I have been switching pouches but when I move the cages closer she stalks pricilla like hungry lioness. I don't even dare think about an introduction at this point.
I guess my point is I feel like all the gliders are suffering from my lack of time to spend one on one with them. I don't worry about the couple that much but they are way behind in the bonding area. It's Pricilla and Wendy that worry me, mostly Wendy. I'm not sure how to proceed. As it is now, two out of three get played with for about 45 minutes every night and I try to rotate evenly. About once a week my schedule bunches up and there is just a quick hello and maybe an extra treat. Also about twice a week I'm able to take wendy into my room and give her a little rubdown and she will fall asleep on me for a while.

I would start with introducing Wendy and Priscilla then start swapping stuff with the other pair once the girls are together.

Ok Masters of Mini Marsupials, Pontiffs of Possums and Fuzzbutt Fanatics, hit me up.

Kimberley
Feathers-Sweetie, Mister Peanut & Big Mack
Fur-Guinan, Mr. Spock, T'Mir, Cho, Toothless, Maverick & Maharet :bb: T'Pol, Elizabeth & Curzon :wfb: TY, TJ, Light Fury, Madison & T'Pring :rtmo:
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker, Khayman and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

Re: How to deal with a jealous girlfriend... [Re: billytense aka Lisa11] #1416730
06/22/18 11:08 PM
06/22/18 11:08 PM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA

So, I went and chopped up your post in to little quotes. I read this post while I was waiting for my coffee this morning...

I should have stopped when I read your quote below:

this is where it gets complicated...

Wow... Pure un awake brain fry... I'm so glad Feather was able to answer... I'm still confused...

Awwwwe how sweet!!!

Third, Once herky is done with the whole "shave and a haircut.......Twoooo Biiiits!

Ok try this on for size:"No shave and a nut cut, two bits¡!!!!!!"

What kind of neuter is he getting?
Lazer? They don't like to be shaved. That wasn't Stewie's issue.

His first bath I gave him was to clean up the travel poo from being in a small cage overnight. It was also to keep his wound clean. The second bath was poo and tried to clean/soften the glue the second time.

a

Love your stories! I do enjoy your stories!

Note to self: Drink coffee and wake up before reading. Lol!!!

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Grace :bb:

Ruby :grey:

Mom :grey:

Dad :grey:

Fiona, Dot and Stewie :rbridge: wish I could turn back time... Miss you

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 545 guests, and 75 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,161
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,635 TEXAS
679,102 OHIO
487,225 OKLAHOMA
432,221 UTAH
321,741 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024