Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Just a few random questions #1414440
01/26/18 04:56 AM
01/26/18 04:56 AM
Atlantis
billytense aka Lisa11 Offline OP
Joey Member
billytense aka Lisa11  Offline OP
Joey Member

Atlantis
Hi everyone! Lucy and Wendy would say hello as well but one is exploring a palm and the other is furiously nibbling at the nub on my ball cap. Which leads me to question number one. Why? As soon as Lucy is out she makes a beeline for my cap but only if it's on my head. There probably isn't a definitive answer but I thought I would ask.

Also I've been finding brown beetles in my cricket box luckily they haven't got out and I don't know if the gliders have any interest in eating them but I didn't really bargain for that. Do they just come with the territory?

Also, I built a nice Criss-Cross trellis on the ceiling out of a fallen bamboo which is all in good shape it's not rotten or anything but they only use it a couple times I'm wondering if it's too slippery for them and I need to wrap it and felt or they're just not into bamboo or maybe it's too warm up by the ceilings I mean it's about 78 degrees 78 degrees cage level so I'm guessing around the ceiling it's probably around 80 plus.

Next question I wonder if when I take pictures of the gliders if that bothers them what the flash sometimes they'll be somewhere that they haven't been before so I'll take a picture and I'm wondering if they associate that new place with a giant painful flash in the eyes if so how do you people all get those really good pictures??

I'm a sucker for a Glide good you know irresistible glider treat so of course I ordered the eucalyptus sticks and the eucalyptus leaves the sticks are pretty big hit they like those are obviously chew on them leisurely like but the eucalyptus leaves which are a little bit more like dust I didn't see any interest in whatsoever..

Okay last question sometimes if there are playing outside of the cage I have considered just letting them stay out there while I go to bed figuring they will find a way back to the cage or they'll just snooze and one of the many places they like to curl up and I was wondering if that's a good thing to do or if they need that routine of like "hey, playtime is over you know everyone has to be back in her back in the cage and blah blah blah. Obviously the room that I have them in as their own room and it is completely glider proof and there's a million things in there for them but maybe I don't know I guess that's me n looking for a reason to be lazy.

Ok thank you all so much. You really make this adventure so much more enjoyable and less stress full. I should be starting regular hours soon so hopefully I can spend more time here. 😉😊😉😁

Great googley moogley

Current Research, Studies & Resources
Re: Just a few random questions [Re: billytense aka Lisa11] #1414441
01/26/18 03:19 PM
01/26/18 03:19 PM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
Howdy! I don't have good answers or opinions on all your questions, but I'll try to address the ones I do. Someone will be along soon to provide further (better?) help wink

Originally Posted By: billytense aka Lisa11
Hi everyone! Lucy and Wendy would say hello as well but one is exploring a palm and the other is furiously nibbling at the nub on my ball cap. Which leads me to question number one. Why? As soon as Lucy is out she makes a beeline for my cap but only if it's on my head. There probably isn't a definitive answer but I thought I would ask.
Howdy girls! you're right, nothing definitive, but that is the type of thing mine like to fixate on too. Things that seem to not belong (such as a 'bump' where they think one shouldn't be) attract their attention.

Also, I built a nice Criss-Cross trellis on the ceiling out of a fallen bamboo which is all in good shape it's not rotten or anything but they only use it a couple times I'm wondering if it's too slippery for them and I need to wrap it and felt or they're just not into bamboo or maybe it's too warm up by the ceilings I mean it's about 78 degrees 78 degrees cage level so I'm guessing around the ceiling it's probably around 80 plus.
That sounds too warm to me, but maybe someone else with more experience will offer a more educated opinion. Mine get cranky when the room gets above 80. It could also be mine have just adjusted to the cooler weather that I have most of the year.

Next question I wonder if when I take pictures of the gliders if that bothers them what the flash sometimes they'll be somewhere that they haven't been before so I'll take a picture and I'm wondering if they associate that new place with a giant painful flash in the eyes if so how do you people all get those really good pictures??
No one or thing likes getting hit with bright light in that dark, but as long as you don't go crazy with it, I believe they'll adjust. Mine did, anyway. In fact, Morgana is a bot of a diva when I pull my phone out :-/

Okay last question sometimes if there are playing outside of the cage I have considered just letting them stay out there while I go to bed figuring they will find a way back to the cage or they'll just snooze and one of the many places they like to curl up and I was wondering if that's a good thing to do or if they need that routine of like "hey, playtime is over you know everyone has to be back in her back in the cage and blah blah blah. Obviously the room that I have them in as their own room and it is completely glider proof and there's a million things in there for them but maybe I don't know I guess that's me n looking for a reason to be lazy.
I'm a bit on the paranoid side, so I wouldn't... but I've read posts from others that do. I believe that's a personal choice for you to make.

Ok thank you all so much. You really make this adventure so much more enjoyable and less stress full. I should be starting regular hours soon so hopefully I can spend more time here. 😉😊😉😁
That would be great, we all love stories & pictures!

- Hutch

:grey: Morgana (11/15)

:rbridge:
Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

The epic saga begins here!
Re: Just a few random questions [Re: Hutch] #1414447
01/27/18 12:08 AM
01/27/18 12:08 AM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
Hi Billy, Lucy, and Wendy wave

I'm sorry that I know nothing about crickets and beatles.
I agree with Hutch on flash photos, if not excessive, they'll be fine. And this brings me to glider fixations (really missing photobucket now), my Lulu had a fixation with my X's hair brush, I got a pic of her and it never deterred her from continuing. She had also had fixation with my bathrobes. Skadoosh developed a fixation for the doorknob once, but it didn't last like Lulu's brush and robe fixations. Anyhow, a few pics with flash shouldn't be too traumatizing or disruptive.

Also sorry I have nothing on the bamboo either, but do agree again with Hutch with as a personal choice, if it were me, I'd keep them in the cage overnight. I do understand that their room is glider proofed, and it may possibly be safe for a night out in there now and then, I'm just stating my comfort level on the matter.

It would be nice to see you on here on a more regular basis agree

Last edited by Terry; 01/27/18 12:09 AM.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
R.I.P. Lulu (2/28/12-10/13/17)
R.I.P. Skadoosh (2/28/12-3/26/18)
Re: Just a few random questions [Re: Terry] #1414454
01/27/18 01:15 PM
01/27/18 01:15 PM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
Bamboo: You might try cutting some fleece strips and wrapping some of the poles just to see if the slipperiness is indeed the problem. See if they avoid the unwrapped poles before wrapping all of them. If you find it is, then you can decide how you want to proceed with the rest of the poles.

Temp Up Top: Gliders will normally adjust to whatever temperature you keep your home, however, I wouldn't think a few degrees difference from the floor to the ceiling area would make that much difference to them. They are running around and warming up their bodies naturally anyway dunno

Free Reign At Night: From personal experience I have to strongly urge you NOT to do this. There are just too many things that can happen to a glider that could cause injury or death. We have also had members post their stories in Rainbow Memorials, and it is heartbreaking. Better to let them stay in their enclosures where they are safe.

Your Sugar Glider Resource Center
Sugar Glider Help

Re: Just a few random questions [Re: billytense aka Lisa11] #1414480
01/28/18 06:10 AM
01/28/18 06:10 AM
Atlantis
Joey Member
Joey Member

Atlantis
It's funny, tonight of course the girls were all over the bamboo! But I did notice that they lost footing more there than anywhere else. So I think I am going to wrap some fleece around the poles, it'll jazz'em up!
Definitely will put them to bed every night as well.
Lately they have been pausing play time for a little shoulder rub or a head scratch. Lucy even feel asleep in my tee shirt for a minute.

Great googley moogley

Re: Just a few random questions [Re: billytense aka Lisa11] #1414481
01/28/18 07:31 AM
01/28/18 07:31 AM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
It's funny, tonight of course the girls were all over the bamboo! But I did notice that they lost footing more there than anywhere else. So I think I am going to wrap some fleece around the poles, it'll jazz'em up!
Definitely will put them to bed every night as well.
Lately they have been pausing play time for a little shoulder rub or a head scratch. Lucy even feel asleep in my tee shirt for a minute.

We stayed in a hotel a couple of nights, and turned the girls loose for a brief out of cage play, during OSGA last year. I watched both of them shinny up a brass floor lamp. My jaw dropped....The post was an inch in diameter.

At home, our 4 poster bed has 4" spindles. Unless they just had their nails clipped, they can climb those too, but a lot slower.

Wrapping with fleece strips will help them till they get their confidence.

Oh, and mine go through phases of playing with things and then getting bored. The bamboo will become their highway. It was strange to them at first, and high. I still wish I could get my hands on some.

I'm glad you guys are coming along with the bonding process. smile

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Grace :bb:

Ruby :grey:

Mom :grey:

Dad :grey:

Fiona, Dot and Stewie :rbridge: wish I could turn back time... Miss you

Re: Just a few random questions [Re: billytense aka Lisa11] #1414508
01/28/18 07:12 PM
01/28/18 07:12 PM
Atlantis
Joey Member
Joey Member

Atlantis
I could send you some in a big tube, I wish I still worked at a place that got free mailing.
OSGA eh? That sounds like A LOT of fun!
What happens there?

Great googley moogley

Re: Just a few random questions [Re: billytense aka Lisa11] #1414828
02/12/18 05:18 PM
02/12/18 05:18 PM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
Hey Billy,

I just wanted to make sure you caught this:

http://www.glidercentral.net/ubbthreads/...rum#Post1414794

I went last year, my first time, and had a blast!!!

Shelly is a great host. I met Peggy aka Srlb, she owns Critter Love, I met her Dallie and hubby who run Spinzone and Glide-ariums. I met Feather of course,and Bourbon (As in BML diet: Bourbon's modified Leadbetter diet). I met Ken, who is the owner of Pet-pro, (Happy Glider pellets). And many more I can't remember their names.

It's worth the trip. Take extra cash, many vendors!

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Re: Just a few random questions [Re: Ladymagyver] #1414833
02/12/18 11:57 PM
02/12/18 11:57 PM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
I put in the time off from work, my next step is to see if it's feesable for me this year, I'm really hoping so, I e been wanting to go. I google mapped it and it's an almost 7 hr drive, I'm not much on long distance driving, but since I did way more than that on my return from AZ, I can handle it, I'm sure.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
Re: Just a few random questions [Re: billytense aka Lisa11] #1414862
02/14/18 03:18 AM
02/14/18 03:18 AM
Atlantis
Joey Member
Joey Member

Atlantis
Oh wow! That's only two hours away from me! I mean it would be if I lived in somewhere like Pennsylvania which I most certainly do not. Nope, not me. I'm going to schedule that off from work tomorrow and register tomorrow evening,!!
Very excited thank you for letting me know!!!

Great googley moogley

Re: Just a few random questions [Re: billytense aka Lisa11] #1414867
02/14/18 10:21 AM
02/14/18 10:21 AM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
You will be in for a treat! But you might want to keep your home base a secret.

We're tentavely planning to go, but sometimes life happens. We live 800 miles away, but have family we may visit near Columbus, and hop over from there for the weekend.

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Re: Just a few random questions [Re: billytense aka Lisa11] #1414895
02/14/18 09:09 PM
02/14/18 09:09 PM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
Oh wow! That's only two hours away from me! I mean it would be if I lived in somewhere like Pennsylvania which I most certainly do not. Nope, not me. I'm going to schedule that off from work tomorrow and register tomorrow evening,!!
Very excited thank you for letting me know!!!

Oh Billy, everyone already knows you live in Atlantis, who are you trying to fool, lol. But hey, if Atlantis is only a couple of hours away, then lucky you!

Dawn, wow, you are also lucky that you can hang out close by, well if you can this year, I'll be praying for you to make it!

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 400 guests, and 77 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,586 TEXAS
679,080 OHIO
487,163 OKLAHOMA
432,166 UTAH
321,694 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024