Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Newbie here! 2 babies next week!!! [Re: KarenE] #1407042
02/02/17 07:14 PM
02/02/17 07:14 PM
Wallington, NJ
K
kidqwik Offline OP
Glider Explorer
kidqwik  Offline OP
Glider Explorer
K

Wallington, NJ
Originally Posted By: KarenE
Originally Posted By: joanneM
I use BML because that's what they've been on since I got them but I also ordered a month supply of Critterlove plus to try. The Bml is very easy to make and the fruits and veggies aren't exotic so you can get them anywhere. I live in a very small town and we don't get things like papaya, so the Critterlove might be a bit harder for me to make the salads.

Critterlove Salad Mix Page

On that page you will find there are four different mixes to choose from as will as a List of Substitutions for those items that may be hard to find or are seasonal. You need to read the entire page as well as each ingredient of each of the salad mixes including the substitution list before deciding it is too hard. If you ever have a Critterlove question, you can PM or e-mail Peggy directly for an answer.

HTH

Karen,

Thanks for the info! With the Critter Love Salads, are you supposed to choose 1 to use or make all 4 and alternate them nightly?

:grey: Kara :grey: Lilo :cream: Yuki :grey: Roxie
:leu: Princess :rtmo: Buttercup
Current Research, Studies & Resources
Re: Newbie here! 2 babies next week!!! [Re: kidqwik] #1407044
02/02/17 08:53 PM
02/02/17 08:53 PM
Canada
J
joanneM Offline
In Pouch
joanneM  Offline
In Pouch
J

Canada
I believe you can make 1 or 2. I bought the ingredients for 1 today and I made the Critterlove plus. Tomorrow I will make salad 4. I did find papaya for another salad but no bok Choy.

Joanne
Nyx :grey: and her sister Nova :grey: Mew :plat:
Re: Newbie here! 2 babies next week!!! [Re: kidqwik] #1407046
02/02/17 11:42 PM
02/02/17 11:42 PM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
Originally Posted By: kidqwik

Karen,

Thanks for the info! With the Critter Love Salads, are you supposed to choose 1 to use or make all 4 and alternate them nightly?

Originally Posted By: from Critterlove website
If you are feeding ANY of the Critter LoveŽ Staples, Critter LoveŽ Original, Critter LoveŽ Plus, Critter LoveŽ Complete & Critter LoveŽ breeders Formula (all formerly known as HPW diets) they should be fed alongside one of our Critter LoveŽ salad mixtures.

Serving size is 2 Tablespoons (24g) per glider to be fed alongside your choice of a Critter LoveŽ staple.
​**Preparation instructions for salads located below.

Peggy, gives you four salads to choose from so you can alternate in case there are things you know for sure your glider/s does not like or possibly you cannot find in your area.

Some people like to make a couple of the mixes and keep the frozen so they can alternate them to give their gliders some variety.

It is really up to you since you know what your gliders prefer.

Your Sugar Glider Resource Center
Sugar Glider Help

Re: Newbie here! 2 babies next week!!! [Re: KarenE] #1407147
02/06/17 05:59 PM
Wallington, NJ
K
kidqwik Offline OP
Glider Explorer
kidqwik  Offline OP
Glider Explorer
K

Wallington, NJ
Hey Everyone!

So we got our two little girls this weekend. I have a feeling they are 5 or 6 weeks old OOP at the moment though judging by their size, weight, and the way the look and act. They weren't quite sure when they were OOP at the pet store. That being said I was very afraid they wouldn't eat or drink when they got home. The sugar glider girl at the pet store said to watch if they poop and pee and I'm happy to say that since we got them Saturday they have no only been eating, but pooping and peeing.. All over us at times. :-) So that's good.

They definitely don't always want to come out of the pouches in the cage for bonding times sometimes, but other times they want to climb all over us and explore. And as for eating.. They LOVE apples. They can't get enough apples it seems. Right now I've been giving them more then the recommended here at there because I wanted them to stay hydrated and eat. Today I saw one actually went to one of the 3 water bowls in the cage that's mixed with water and clear pedialyte and was drinking from it. Along with the apples they've enjoyed the pieces of cantaloupe I put in.

So now that I know they're eating and drinking and are capable of doing these things I feel much more relieved. Here's my concerns at the moment. Both of them like the Exotic Nutrition Baby Glider food. They both go to that and nibble on that quite a bit. I know they're not supposed to eat dry food a lot but my main concern was they eat. Now that I know they can I want to cut down the dry food to less. They love the apples and can't get enough of them. I've made the BML formula, Exotic Nutrition HPW, and Critter Love Plus formula(not all together of course :-b) so I have all three batches of that in the freezer. The first night I made the EN HPW cause that's what they have in the store with their parents. I don't know if they even touched it tbh. Stuff doesn't smell like much to me. Yesterday I gave them the Critter Love Plus along with the #3 Salad. I saw one of them lick it a little bit in the bowl but not much and not for long before it went over to the salad bowl and went for the apples and cantaloupe mostly. I'm not sure which if any of the greens they ate. I haven't tried the BML on them with the vegetable and fruit suggestions because tbh, the Critter Love Plus mix smells soooo good lol! Here's a pic of all the stuff I bought.. Way too much, but I wanted to make sure there would be options for them if they didn't eat one thing or the other. Also a few pics of them. :-b Should I stick with the Critter Love plan with a little of the EN Baby glider food? Should I give them as many thin apple slices as they want for now until they gain more weight?

Terry

Attached Files
5.jpg (13 downloads)

Re: Newbie here! 2 babies next week!!! [Re: kidqwik] #1407148
Wallington, NJ
K
kidqwik Offline OP
Glider Explorer
kidqwik  Offline OP
Glider Explorer
K

Wallington, NJ
Pic 1

Attached Files
2.jpg (18 downloads)

Re: Newbie here! 2 babies next week!!! [Re: kidqwik] #1407149
02/06/17 06:00 PM
Wallington, NJ
K
kidqwik Offline OP
Glider Explorer
kidqwik  Offline OP
Glider Explorer
K

Wallington, NJ
Pic 2

Attached Files
3.jpg (16 downloads)

Re: Newbie here! 2 babies next week!!! [Re: kidqwik] #1407150
Wallington, NJ
K
kidqwik Offline OP
Glider Explorer
kidqwik  Offline OP
Glider Explorer
K

Wallington, NJ
Pic 3

Attached Files
1.jpg (20 downloads)

Re: Newbie here! 2 babies next week!!! [Re: kidqwik] #1407152
02/06/17 06:12 PM
02/06/17 06:12 PM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
Such cuties!

- Hutch

:grey: Morgana (11/15)

:rbridge:
Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

The epic saga begins here!
Re: Newbie here! 2 babies next week!!! [Re: kidqwik] #1407165
02/07/17 11:23 AM
02/07/17 11:23 AM
Free Like the Wind!
Stef333 Offline
Glider Explorer
Stef333  Offline
Glider Explorer

Free Like the Wind!
Such sweet babies! It sounds like you're off to a great start with offering lots of options, and watching them closely to see what they like. Thanks for the pics. smile

:grey: Yoda (Yodins) :grey: Jabberwinky (Winklefritz)
Re: Newbie here! 2 babies next week!!! [Re: Stef333] #1407168
02/07/17 12:09 PM
02/07/17 12:09 PM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
So cute. I know you are so excited.

Sugar Glider Help

Re: Newbie here! 2 babies next week!!! [Re: kidqwik] #1407172
02/07/17 12:20 PM
02/07/17 12:20 PM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
mlove

Kimberley
Feathers-Sweetie, Mister Peanut & Big Mack
Fur-Guinan, Mr. Spock, T'Mir, Cho, Toothless, Maverick & Maharet :bb: T'Pol, Elizabeth & Curzon :wfb: TY, TJ, Light Fury, Madison & T'Pring :rtmo:
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker, Khayman and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

Re: Newbie here! 2 babies next week!!! [Re: KarenE] #1407184
02/07/17 06:05 PM
02/07/17 06:05 PM
Wallington, NJ
K
kidqwik Offline OP
Glider Explorer
kidqwik  Offline OP
Glider Explorer
K

Wallington, NJ
Originally Posted By: KarenE
So cute. I know you are so excited.

I'me totally excited and now relieved at the same time since they're eating lol. I weighed them on Sat and Sun and they each weighed 25g. Today I weighed them again and one was 27g and the other I think 29g. Both seem to have gained weight. On doesn't have the cracks in the fur so much and almost seems to have plumped up. The other one still has the cracked fur a little and weights 27g but omg, she lives at the dry food thing. She was eating a lot of it today for like an hour. So I'm going to put even less dry food in, but I'm afraid she'll end up eating it all before the other one will get a chance to touch it. Is it alarming to have them gain 4g in like 3-4 days?

Re: Newbie here! 2 babies next week!!! [Re: kidqwik] #1407190
02/08/17 11:44 AM
02/08/17 11:44 AM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
Originally Posted By: kidqwik
Hey Everyone!
So now that I know they're eating and drinking and are capable of doing these things I feel much more relieved. Here's my concerns at the moment. Both of them like the Exotic Nutrition Baby Glider food. They both go to that and nibble on that quite a bit. I know they're not supposed to eat dry food a lot but my main concern was they eat. Now that I know they can I want to cut down the dry food to less. They love the apples and can't get enough of them. I've made the BML formula, Exotic Nutrition HPW, and Critter Love Plus formula(not all together of course :-b) so I have all three batches of that in the freezer. The first night I made the EN HPW cause that's what they have in the store with their parents. I don't know if they even touched it tbh. Stuff doesn't smell like much to me. Yesterday I gave them the Critter Love Plus along with the #3 Salad. I saw one of them lick it a little bit in the bowl but not much and not for long before it went over to the salad bowl and went for the apples and cantaloupe mostly. I'm not sure which if any of the greens they ate. I haven't tried the BML on them with the vegetable and fruit suggestions because tbh, the Critter Love Plus mix smells soooo good lol! Here's a pic of all the stuff I bought.. Way too much, but I wanted to make sure there would be options for them if they didn't eat one thing or the other. Also a few pics of them. :-b Should I stick with the Critter Love plan with a little of the EN Baby glider food? Should I give them as many thin apple slices as they want for now until they gain more weight?

Terry

Morning Terry,
Well you certainly prepared for these little ones, didn't you smile Most times we see new glider parents who are not prepared for feeding their gliders. Not you, huh rofl

If I may, let's talk about this. You have feeding plan choices, only two of which most of us here would recommend. Those would be the BML and Critterlove. Exotic Nutrition HPW is a simply knock off of the Critterlove product. You have the best with the Critterlove.

These little guys are so young, and you need to guide them rather than just letting them make the choice in what they will eat (unless they absolutely refuse). Pick one a feeding plan and stick with it rather than switching around.

Critterlove does make a Complete where all you add is water. Makes it very easy for you, however, you already have the Critterlove Plus, so may as well use that. Don't worry if they don't eat some of everything each night from the salad. They will eat what they need and may choose something else other nights. Just don't overwhelm them with portion size.

As for the pellets, not all gliders like pellets. Possibly one of yours does, and one doesn't. I would also limit how many of these you put in the cage for daytime snacking. If they fill up on pellets, they will be less likely to finish their meal. Try taking the pellets out when you put their meal in.

Hope this has helped.

Sugar Glider Help

Re: Newbie here! 2 babies next week!!! [Re: KarenE] #1407315
02/14/17 09:25 PM
02/14/17 09:25 PM
Wallington, NJ
K
kidqwik Offline OP
Glider Explorer
kidqwik  Offline OP
Glider Explorer
K

Wallington, NJ
Hi everyone! So the babies are doing well I think. Kara is up to 35g and Karou is now 30g. Karou is just a little smaller and lighter than Kara but I'm attributing this hopefully due to her use of the wheel. She loves the wheel at night! Kara, on the other hand, I haven't seen using the wheel just yet.

They both have been eating their Critter Love Plus mix every night. I can't say the same for the Salad 3 mix. They don't seem to like the defrosted mix when it melts. Since the batch I made for 5 days finally is finally almost finished I decided to put some fresh veggies and fruits and not freeze them to see how this works. I think they take the kale and bok choy and are eating some of it because it falls in between the bars at various parts of the cage away from their baby dish. They don't seem have to have touched the green beans(frozen or fresh) or peas. They nibble on the cantaloupe some nights and not others. Same with the blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries. The apple they are now ignoring in the mix even if fresh but will eat it if in the pouch or curled up in my hand.

They both like some of the dry food. I put a few pieces of each of the sample packs of the Happy Glider mixes I got in with the Exotic Nutrition Baby Glider pellets. I haven't figured out which they like because there are some kinds left when I get home and others all gone. I guess I should be trying one kind a night. :-) They didn't touch the dry food when I sprinkled a little of the eucalyptus powder in it. I also have the Blueberry Fortifier Complete Vitamins and Calcium which I sprinkle on apples once a week and they seem to still eat them. Should I be mixing a little of this with the Critter Love Plus or doing this more than once a week? I'm afraid they're not getting enough calcium but are getting enough "food" to eat as per say. It's hard to judge since they are being picky about the salad. Also, they love the Caramel Apple treats from Happy Glider. I give them one a day from hand as a treat and they'll sit in my hand when they calm down and gobble it up.

Kara at first was the one that wouldn't sit still. She'd climb all over me and wouldn't calm down. Now I can get her to curl up in my hand and sleep. She still crabs the most in the pouch. Karou will crab too, but not as much and will let you hold her. She's always seems afraid though and wanting to run around(complete reversal from the two when we first go them). When she's in my hand with Kara she usually tried to hide under Kara and will bite my hand here and there. I do the Tsst and she'll stop. My BF says it seems like Kara is always trying to protect Karou the ways she crabs in the pouch. No idea lol. Any tips or suggestions with food and bonding? Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Attached Files

Re: Newbie here! 2 babies next week!!! [Re: kidqwik] #1407316
02/14/17 10:55 PM
02/14/17 10:55 PM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
Congratulations!!! They are lovely!!!

I wouldn't worry about size, they'll all different. If you do get concerned then you may consider a check up.

I also don't recommend adding any supplements, that changes the diet's formulation and then it isn't the diet anymore, but something else. Critter Love is precisely formulated to provide nutrients needed in accordance with current information on diets.

As far as fruit and veggie, they will pick and choose, and may eat some things one day and not another, that's normal.

When I first got Happy Glider pellets, I got the sample packs also. I did offer a different pellet (all one flavor) each night so I could note which were preferred. My trio all seemed to eat the fruit flavored, so that's the one I get for them.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
R.I.P. Lulu (2/28/12-10/13/17)
R.I.P. Skadoosh (2/28/12-3/26/18)
Re: Newbie here! 2 babies next week!!! [Re: kidqwik] #1407317
02/14/17 11:53 PM
02/14/17 11:53 PM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
Adorable pic! :lshower:

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Grace :bb:

Ruby :grey:

Mom :grey:

Dad :grey:

Fiona, Dot and Stewie :rbridge: wish I could turn back time... Miss you

Re: Newbie here! 2 babies next week!!! [Re: kidqwik] #1407327
02/15/17 11:00 AM
02/15/17 11:00 AM
Free Like the Wind!
Stef333 Offline
Glider Explorer
Stef333  Offline
Glider Explorer

Free Like the Wind!
Such sweet little faces! Thanks for sharing the pic. smile

Re: Newbie here! 2 babies next week!!! [Re: kidqwik] #1407572
03/01/17 01:46 PM
03/01/17 01:46 PM
Wallington, NJ
K
kidqwik Offline OP
Glider Explorer
kidqwik  Offline OP
Glider Explorer
K

Wallington, NJ
Hey Everyone,

Here's an updated pic of Lilo and Kara sleeping in my hands the other day. They've both doubled in weight since we got them at the beginning of February. Kara was 47g the other day and Lilo(previously known as Karou, my BF can't stick with a name it seems) was 43. Up from the 25g they each were when we got them. They love their Critter Love Mix and run all over the cage tackling each other, then to the wheel, then back to have more Critter Love at night. They still love their apples fed to them or in the pouch and barely touch the fruits and vegetables in the tray next to the Critter Love. Last night though they seems to go for the Blackberries and Blueberries and had some Kale. They get a mealie worm or two here and there. I don't feed them more and do it some days and not others.

Lilo this morning went to the bottom of the cage and reached through the bars and grabbed a piece of the recycled newspaper pellets and starting eating it. I was like no no no!!! I'm not sure she wanted it because it had some food debris on it or what. They had some hard food pellets in the cage (Exotic Nutrition Baby Glider Food mixed with a few pieces of Happy Glider pellets). It kinds of freaked me out because she shouldn't be eating that. Should I worry? I added some Insectavore to a dish and threw some apples and one of those little cheerio Happy Glider treats into their pouch as I was leaving for work. Anything to not have her eat the cage litter. I know they eat and all and they get ample amount of food, but... Ugh. Eating the cage litter?? This is the first time I saw this happen.

Attached Files
Lilo&KaraLove.jpg (15 downloads)

Re: Newbie here! 2 babies next week!!! [Re: kidqwik] #1407574
03/01/17 02:45 PM
03/01/17 02:45 PM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
Okay, it should be illegal for anything to be that adorable!!

- Hutch

:grey: Morgana (11/15)

:rbridge:
Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

The epic saga begins here!
Re: Newbie here! 2 babies next week!!! [Re: Hutch] #1407578
03/02/17 11:23 AM
03/02/17 11:23 AM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
Originally Posted By: Hutch
Okay, it should be illegal for anything to be that adorable!!
agree

Sugar Glider Help

Re: Newbie here! 2 babies next week!!! [Re: kidqwik] #1407579
03/02/17 11:25 AM
03/02/17 11:25 AM
Free Like the Wind!
Stef333 Offline
Glider Explorer
Stef333  Offline
Glider Explorer

Free Like the Wind!
Oh, such sweet sleeping babies! Thanks for sharing. smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 374 guests, and 85 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,569 TEXAS
679,073 OHIO
487,151 OKLAHOMA
432,154 UTAH
321,673 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024