Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Expectaions for bra baby daily life #1220817
01/24/12 07:21 PM
01/24/12 07:21 PM
Mo
H
hypnotist321 Offline OP
Glider Explorer
hypnotist321  Offline OP
Glider Explorer
H

Mo
I believe I'm ready any time to convert 2, possibly 3 of my girls to bra babies. The only thing holding me back is not reading enough daily life type stories. I've only talked to 1 person about her bra baby, but this person is exceptional with her babies and I wondered what a more typical persons day was like.

Few things I wonder about:

As a bra baby, during the day they usually sleep - do they pretty much stay in there other than the little face poking out to say hi now and again?

Are you worried at all that while your at moms or shopping or in the car etc that one of the bra babies might want to come out and run around a bit?

Do you feel like you need to stay home in a glider safe environment to have the babies in the bra? Or can you go about a typical day (work, shop etc) and just bring a zippy pouch and maybe some 'wet fruit' treats just in case?

Do you worry about walking outside from the house to the car? Do you wait till AFTER they are really bonded to you before attempting to do bra baby outside the house - so that you know they'd come to you if they got loose? And if so, how would you know your 'there'?

I cook and do dishes ALOT (no dishwasher, we're talking real sink full of water here)... I wonder about a glider jumping out into a hot skillet, a pot of stew, or a sink full of soapy water.
I drive several times a day for several hours at a wack (school bus driver, dump trucks and box trucks) - I wonder if they'll get curious and want to run about the vehicle.

What about cleaning the house? There's alot of bending over to be done while we're cleaning. How do the fuzz butts feel about this?

I had (think I'm going to name her Bella) in bra several times as I was hand taming her from the pouch. Each time I kind of sat there on the couch or computer and tried not to move too much etc. I assume you guys don't do that.

And how long can I feel comfortable being away from the cage with them? Figure they sleep all day usually so... so long as I have a wet fruit treat in case they get thirsty they should be good all day if need be?

And one other thing - if you have a bra baby, and they are use to this - will they be sad, lonely or depressed if you for some reason can't have them with you for a spell?

Can you guys tell me about your typical bra baby day (when you put them in, when you take them out, how they behave, what you bring with you, and if they've gotten out and what you do kind of stuff).

Angela
Spike & Lola (mom and dad/neutered) OOP 2009
Peek-A-Boo (joey #1) OOP 8/20/2011
Fancy & Stash (twins girl & boy/neutered) OOP 11/20/11
Re: Expectaions for bra baby daily life [Re: hypnotist321] #1220823
01/24/12 07:46 PM
01/24/12 07:46 PM
Washington D.C. Metro Area
DCMuffin Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
DCMuffin  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Washington D.C. Metro Area
Originally Posted By: hypnotist321
I believe I'm ready any time to convert 2, possibly 3 of my girls to bra babies. The only thing holding me back is not reading enough daily life type stories. I've only talked to 1 person about her bra baby, but this person is exceptional with her babies and I wondered what a more typical persons day was like.

Few things I wonder about:

As a bra baby, during the day they usually sleep - do they pretty much stay in there other than the little face poking out to say hi now and again?

Yep - they typically sleep during the day like they would in their pouch. You may feel them move around a bit. If they really start to wiggle around or try to climb out, it's probably because they have to go potty. Mine don't come out to do this - they sleep.

Are you worried at all that while your at moms or shopping or in the car etc that one of the bra babies might want to come out and run around a bit?

This should always be a concern, no matter where you are. This is why I carry a bonding pouch with me AT ALL TIMES. I don't go anywhere without one, even if they're sound asleep. You never know when you may be in a situation where you need to get them out.

Do you feel like you need to stay home in a glider safe environment to have the babies in the bra? Or can you go about a typical day (work, shop etc) and just bring a zippy pouch and maybe some 'wet fruit' treats just in case?

If your gliders are bonded with you, then that's less of a concern. I can go anywhere with mine in my bra and I'm not concerned. But again, I always have the bonding pouch, just in case. If we are going to be out for a good length of time, I always bring a water bottle, treats and a watery fruit, such as watermelon or grapes.

Do you worry about walking outside from the house to the car? Do you wait till AFTER they are really bonded to you before attempting to do bra baby outside the house - so that you know they'd come to you if they got loose? And if so, how would you know your 'there'?

When you're "there" is only a question you can answer. Do they come to you if they hear a loud noise? Do they want to be on you and not try to get away? These are two good indications that they are comfortable with you and consider you a safe zone. However, always keep in mind that ANY glider can take off if scared - even the most bonded of gliders. Again, if they're sound asleep in my bra, I don't worry about walking outside or going places with mine because they stay sound asleep. If I ever feel them waking up or wanting to get out, I switch them to a pouch.

I cook and do dishes ALOT (no dishwasher, we're talking real sink full of water here)... I wonder about a glider jumping out into a hot skillet, a pot of stew, or a sink full of soapy water.

Some people will tell you that they will never, ever cook or be close to a hot stove with their glider. I will tell you that I am guilty of it from time to time, if my gliders are asleep on me. If they are even the least bit wiggly or unsettled, I will not.

I drive several times a day for several hours at a wack (school bus driver, dump trucks and box trucks) - I wonder if they'll get curious and want to run about the vehicle.

The loud noises of the vehicles may be of concern and they might not like it. You need to be the judge of it, but I'd be cautious.

What about cleaning the house? There's alot of bending over to be done while we're cleaning. How do the fuzz butts feel about this?

They'll just snuggle up and sleep. smile I clean, vacuum, do laundry - basically anything and everything I would do without them in there. Mine are used to it and as you continue to keep a routine of them in your bra, yours will, too.

I had (think I'm going to name her Bella) in bra several times as I was hand taming her from the pouch. Each time I kind of sat there on the couch or computer and tried not to move too much etc. I assume you guys don't do that.

I move and make noise as I normally would. This way, they get used to the movement and sounds and they will learn that they are still safe where they are.

And how long can I feel comfortable being away from the cage with them? Figure they sleep all day usually so... so long as I have a wet fruit treat in case they get thirsty they should be good all day if need be?

Yep - again, have a water bottle, treats, etc., along with a pouch and even a travel cage if it's going to be later in the evening before you're home, and they should be fine.

And one other thing - if you have a bra baby, and they are use to this - will they be sad, lonely or depressed if you for some reason can't have them with you for a spell?

I'm sure there are some single gliders that would probably feel a little lonely if they're very used to this, but if you have other gliders, they will be just as happy to curl up with the others for a day or days in the pouch if you aren't able to do bra time.

Can you guys tell me about your typical bra baby day (when you put them in, when you take them out, how they behave, what you bring with you, and if they've gotten out and what you do kind of stuff).

For me personally, on most days my gliders are in their pouch during the day so they can sleep. Sometimes, I have one (or more) that want to crawl into my shirt in the morning and that's fine, I let them. But most times, they want to curl up together and go to sleep. If this is the case, I generally go down to their room anytime after 6 pm and will take them out for either pouch or bra time for the rest of the evening. If it's a day when they want to be on me earlier, I go about my day as I normally would and they sleep.

Re: Expectaions for bra baby daily life [Re: hypnotist321] #1220827
01/24/12 08:02 PM
01/24/12 08:02 PM
Inman, SC
J
Johannasgliders Offline
Glider Slave
Johannasgliders  Offline
Glider Slave
J

Inman, SC
Aimee's glider day sounds like mine. I would like to add that I keep a small pop up in my car. Just in case I'm out late. It's so hard to drive with a glider trying to get out of your shirt to go play. :nanana:

"While I Breath, I Hope."

Johanna
Johanna's Gliders and Rescue
Gliders and Designs by Johanna

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 155 guests, and 86 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,547 TEXAS
679,062 OHIO
487,124 OKLAHOMA
432,131 UTAH
321,659 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024