Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1078488
02/27/11 11:27 PM
02/27/11 11:27 PM
North Dakota
kjgoulet Offline
Glider Slave
kjgoulet  Offline
Glider Slave

North Dakota
I just got a reply and was told that she will be trying to add more information as she can to the website to try and cover any questions that can and will be asked. Like what was said earlier there are clinical trials going on.

If you'd like to try it contact her for more information on the site above. I'm going to wait and see reactions of other people if they try it before I try it myself.

Kristi

Mommy to..
Daughter Abby
:grey: :wfb: :rtmo:
And my many fuzzy children <3
www.tenderlovingsuggies.webs.com
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1078489
02/27/11 11:29 PM
02/27/11 11:29 PM
Florida
T
Teresa56 Offline
Glider Lover
Teresa56  Offline
Glider Lover
T

Florida
I am thrilled as a glider owner to know Peggy, she is more than just a glider breeder. She cares about all animals and would only want the best for any of our gliders. I dont think it is fair to attack anyone for any reason. Peggy is a kind and giving person. Give her the opportunity to answer your questions and concerns by contacting her directly.She even has her phone number on her site-- it could not be any easier to learn about her products. I think the golden rule needs to be posted here-- shame on people for treating other humans with so little respect. We should talk the way we would want to be spoken to....it is such a basic concept.

Mom to JayP
Owned by 2 :kitty:

Slave to 2 colonies
Colony #1= Trio
Skeeter :grey: and MissHarmony :wfb: and Miss Sanora :wfb:

Colony # 2 pair
Flora :rtmo: and her huney Freddy :grey:

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: vhenke11] #1078490
02/27/11 11:30 PM
02/27/11 11:30 PM
North Dakota
kjgoulet Offline
Glider Slave
kjgoulet  Offline
Glider Slave

North Dakota
Originally Posted By: vhenke11
I did but she doesnt really tell me much about it , and before she told me she wasnt worry about the calcium that it didnt need it and now , she made a new one with calcium I feel like she being double face frown I mean this was just 2 weeks ago when she said this to me . So why 2 weeks later I see she made new one with calcium ?? I just dont understand her thinking. And sorry not trying to be rude .

That's understandable smile it's always hard to tell online (or anything that isn't in person) how the person really meant it to be said.

Kristi

Mommy to..
Daughter Abby
:grey: :wfb: :rtmo:
And my many fuzzy children <3
www.tenderlovingsuggies.webs.com
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1078494
02/27/11 11:35 PM
02/27/11 11:35 PM
80 acres of paradise in KS
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

I use Reep's Wambaroo diet. aka Reep's diet. It contains Wambaroo High Protein Suppliment.

My understanding was that HPW diet stood for High Protein Wambaroo diet because it contained Wambaroo High Protein suppliment.

Wambaroo is a BRAND name. Not a generic ingrediant.

These new "HPW" diets do NOT contain Wambaroo so why use the same name?

I feel it is VERY misleading.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1078495
02/27/11 11:36 PM
02/27/11 11:36 PM
FL
V
vhenke11 Offline
Glider Explorer
vhenke11  Offline
Glider Explorer
V

FL
Yea agree , this why I wish she could be her I dont know why she was banned make me wonder tho lol . But why now she make it and told me before she didnt think it needed calcium , it just seem like it away to make money now . After so many people were worry about the calcium and Candy step up and help us with that then told her to stop telling us to do that , that it didnt need it and now she has made one ??? Just seem double face to me sorry just how I feel .

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Temulin] #1078496
02/27/11 11:39 PM

N
NGS
Unregistered
NGS
Unregistered
N

Originally Posted By: Temulin
So I got a couple questions/concerns about the American HPW.

1.) Why the vegetable oil preserved with BHA/BHT? That wasn't in the original (at least not the one I have?). BHA/BHT is one of the ingredients I stay away from both in my food and in pet food. Isn't that bad for gliders?

I also have a big concern about using BHA and BHT as a chemical preservative in any food. Most all the studies I have read believe BHA and BHT in being linked to causing Cancer.There are other safe alternatives to preserve the food with, without having to worry about the possibility of it causing Cancer.

I never use any food for myself, family or pets that has BHA and BHT in it.

I have sent Peggy an email asking about the use of these chemicals and if she is aware of it? dunno
I am happy for Peggy just have some concerns with this.

Edited to add:
Peggy knows I think highly of her and respect her. As with anything new, I think it will take some future thoughts, work, and tweaking to make it even better.

Last edited by NGS; 02/28/11 12:19 AM.
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: vhenke11] #1078497
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
Peggy is more than welcome to post here if she wishes.

Your Sugar Glider Resource Center
Sugar Glider Help

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1078499
02/27/11 11:41 PM
02/27/11 11:41 PM
FL
V
vhenke11 Offline
Glider Explorer
vhenke11  Offline
Glider Explorer
V

FL
Thank you owner ^_^ I think she should

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1078501
02/27/11 11:46 PM
02/27/11 11:46 PM
USA
I
IowaMisty Offline
Glider Guardian
IowaMisty  Offline
Glider Guardian
I

USA
I agree we should not be doing any bashing. I would just urge people to always be cautious & ask questions, so you can be informed & comfortable with your food choices for your fur-kids. I'm interested in hearing about any responses any of you get from Peggy. I haven't had time to formulate an email to her or call her myself yet. I just learned about this tonight. I know nothing about BHA/BHT, but if it can cause cancer, I would definitely be interested in hearing her response about that.

Misty

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: vhenke11] #1078502
02/27/11 11:47 PM
02/27/11 11:47 PM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
Quote:
Rule GliderCENTRAL is a family oriented "G" rated board. Be polite, courteous and respectful to other board members at all times. This means illegal substances, illegal activities, flaming, sexually explicit subjects, cursing, spamming, harassing, policing, diet bashing, and abusive or negative personal posts are not allowed. Posts and sometimes entire topics that contain such content will be removed, and the poster(s) may be warned, suspended or banned at the discretion of the board administrators. Abuse, flaming or inappropriate comments directed toward GliderCENTRAL, its Moderators and Administrators, or failure to comply with the direction of a Moderator or Administrator, the poster(s) may be warned, suspended or banned at the discretion of the board administrators. Please keep any personal matters off the board. Take it to email or pm. Please keep in mind that board rules do apply when using the PM feature. Since we are a G rated board, the decision has been made not to allow any web blog links like below due to non G rated material on them.

There will be NO name calling or bashing in this thread. If anyone cannot post as an adult, they will be removed from the thread and possibly give a little time off.

Your Sugar Glider Resource Center
Sugar Glider Help

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1078503
02/27/11 11:55 PM
02/27/11 11:55 PM
Long Island, NY
gliderdad79 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
gliderdad79  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Long Island, NY
This seems like a mass produced diet, with the just add water. Where the heck did the funding come from for all of this, was there a silent backer who has the money that will come forward at a later time? Money for a study and to create and produce a whole new powder that has everything included. We all know us regular glider folks can't fund something this large, especially in this economy!!

I am not saying this is a bad diet or anything, just have a some questions like the others! Until I knew more about the results and such of this year long scientific study I would hold off switching diets, but thats just me.

Eddie

In the Tropics somewhere between the port of indecision and southeast of disorder!

"Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people."

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching!
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1078508
02/28/11 12:05 AM
02/28/11 12:05 AM
Florida, USA
oakley Offline
Glider Slave
oakley  Offline
Glider Slave

Florida, USA
I love the fact that people are trying to develop and research diets for sugar gliders. Only good can come from the continued pursuit of knowledge in this area, as well as many others.

I might have to try out Peggy's new formula. Although the HPW name is a little confusing, she really does have full right to the use of the acronym "HPW" because she developed the original diet which happened to use the Wombaroo High Protein Supplement. After all, the glider community has had name confusion before (anyone still have trouble with the platinum mosaic/true platinum mosaic distinction?). Honestly, the name confusion should be the very least of anyone's concerns.

I'm excited about this new product, and I'm curious to see what it is like, and how well it will incorporate into the glider community as well as the current diets that are out there. I think we can all agree that it would be nice to have a product that we did not have to import. Perhaps this new formula will make a better diet out of the blended diet? Perhaps it will result in more research on the dietary needs of gliders? Perhaps it will spur debate that will ultimately lead to new innovation and knowledge? Perhaps it will ultimately be regarded as the best diet for gliders, perhaps it will be just a stepping stone for something better, perhaps it will be discovered that it is incomplete...

Any number of things could come of this, but NONE of those scenarios are bad ones... I'd MUCH rather see someone feed a new diet like this than exotic nutrition pellets.

So, KUDOS to Peggy for all of her dedication and investment into this project. thumb

Meghan

~__/>
{{ }}

Suggies: Basil, Mausi, Bagheera/Baloo, & the Trio
Dogs : Pretzel/Snickers
Horse: Nugget
RIP: Gato, Pepito, Pepper, and Mowgli gangel

Oakley's Glider Site
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: gliderdad79] #1078509
02/28/11 12:08 AM
02/28/11 12:08 AM
Big Sandy TN
Sherri Offline
Glider Addict
Sherri  Offline
Glider Addict

Big Sandy TN
Originally Posted By: gliderdad79
This seems like a mass produced diet, with the just add water. Where the heck did the funding come from for all of this, was there a silent backer who has the money that will come forward at a later time? Money for a study and to create and produce a whole new powder that has everything included. We all know us regular glider folks can't fund something this large, especially in this economy!!

I am not saying this is a bad diet or anything, just have a some questions like the others! Until I knew more about the results and such of this year long scientific study I would hold off switching diets, but thats just me.

I'm sorry Eddie, but I have to disagree with one question that you have about this.

I don't feel that its any of our business who or where the money came from to fund this kind of product. I'm just happy that there are some very responsible and willing people and/or organizations that have finally seen the need to to do more for glider diets. And I for one, could care less who funded it.

Yay Peggy! I know you have worked very hard on this and I applaud what you have done and can only see good things coming from this in regards to all the diets out there. This is a HUGE step in finding out what IS best for our babies!

sherri

Forever home to a wide variety of animals, domestic, farm and exotic.
My passion is my little suggie sweethearts! 731-441-9814

http://www.newbysglidernook.com/index.html
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Sherri] #1078510
02/28/11 12:09 AM
02/28/11 12:09 AM
Florida, USA
oakley Offline
Glider Slave
oakley  Offline
Glider Slave

Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Sherri
Originally Posted By: gliderdad79

I'm sorry Eddie, but I have to disagree with one question that you have about this.

I don't feel that its any of our business who or where the money came from to fund this kind of product. I'm just happy that there are some very responsible and willing people and/or organizations that have finally seen the need to to do more for glider diets. And I for one, could care less who funded it.

Yay Peggy! I know you have worked very hard on this and I applaud what you have done and can only see good things coming from this in regards to all the diets out there. This is a HUGE step in finding out what IS best for our babies!

Sherri I couldn't agree more!

Meghan

~__/>
{{ }}

Suggies: Basil, Mausi, Bagheera/Baloo, & the Trio
Dogs : Pretzel/Snickers
Horse: Nugget
RIP: Gato, Pepito, Pepper, and Mowgli gangel

Oakley's Glider Site
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1078511
02/28/11 12:11 AM
02/28/11 12:11 AM
Long Island, NY
gliderdad79 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
gliderdad79  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Long Island, NY
I will be first to say, if this winds up being the best available diet we can feed to our gliders I am all for it. As with anything I may switch my animals or even products I use I research everything and want to know everything I can.

I do that with all my vitamins and supplements I take and if I do it for myself I do it for my pets also! By knowing where and who we can also check and see if any other products they produced had issues with cross contaminations and other issue with manufacturing that could pose a danger to our pets.

Last edited by gliderdad79; 02/28/11 12:13 AM.

Eddie

In the Tropics somewhere between the port of indecision and southeast of disorder!

"Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people."

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching!
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1078512
02/28/11 12:12 AM
02/28/11 12:12 AM
san antonio tx
valerie Offline
Joey Member
valerie  Offline
Joey Member

san antonio tx
i dont care what its called....it could just be called peggy's for all i care....i think its awesome that she made this.....i have never feed hpw before so i just have one question.....

how much of the hpw complete would i have to buy to last my 7 gliders a month?

i hope to just order once a month or every other month

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1078514
02/28/11 12:20 AM
02/28/11 12:20 AM
FL
V
vhenke11 Offline
Glider Explorer
vhenke11  Offline
Glider Explorer
V

FL
o wow that a lot of gliders . Ok Peggy just email me again hehe and I was wrong to say she was double face atleast I can meant when I am wrong >_< she broke it down for me why she did it and it make since to me now . I told her I will try it and I will I like that I dont have to cook anything . She still doesnt use calcium in hers but she want people to be worry free about their gliders and not worry about the calcium in the diet so their no bad fur bad health bad smell joey being rejected or eaten . or runny poop ^_^ ok so thank you I hope this will be a great diet then .

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1078519
02/28/11 12:28 AM
02/28/11 12:28 AM
san antonio tx
valerie Offline
Joey Member
valerie  Offline
Joey Member

san antonio tx
yeah i just ordered 500g just to be sure....lol

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1078531
02/28/11 01:09 AM
02/28/11 01:09 AM
Lutz Florida
CandyOtte Offline
Serious Glideritis
CandyOtte  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Lutz Florida
Oakley wrote:
Quote:
Perhaps this new formula will make a better diet out of the blended diet?

These new products should absolutely NOT be used in the Blended Diet as a replacement for Wombaroo High Protein Supplement.

Peggy has not yet shared the mg AMOUNTS of calcium and phosphorus in the new products, although she stated on LGG that she would get this information from the manufacturer. Use of either of these products would change the amounts of calcium, phosphorus, protein, fat, fiber, sugar in the Blended diet if substituted for Wombaroo High Protein Supplement.

Candy Otte
& the Glider Kids
Sassy, Corky, Mehitabel & Missy
Wacco, Yacco, & Dot
Mindy, Kanobles, Elmo, & Chipper

http://www.gliderkids-diet.com

CandyOtte@aol.com
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1078570
02/28/11 02:56 AM
02/28/11 02:56 AM
Northeast U.S.
angelic4296 Offline
Glider Addict
angelic4296  Offline
Glider Addict

Northeast U.S.
I understand Candy's concern that people might mistake the diets and end up making up the recipe wrong recipe. This is going to sound harsh, but honestly, if you can't CAREFULLY read a recipe and distiguish it and it's name from the original HPW recipe...that's not Peggy's problem, it's whoever is messing up the recipe's fault.

It is ALWAYS said on here that it is up to each owner of gliders to READ AND RESEARCH these diets - it's our responsibility at the end of the day to make sure we're feeding the CORRECT diet with the CORRECT ingredients and amounts of those ingredients to our suggies. If someone is CARELESS, and to me that's exactly what they would be, enough to not read the directions thoroughly and make the recipe exactly as it's called for (which is also always said on here, to follow a recipe exactly as it's written or it throws off the recipe), that's the OWNER'S problem, not Peggy's. It is not hard for me to look at the original recipe, then look at the HPW Plus recipe and the HPW Complete recipe and see they have different names with different recipe make-ups. If I am careless enough to mess it up, that's MY fault for not reading carefully, not Peggy's fauly for naming it what she did.

I agree, the name should be among the least of our concerns. Peggy will happily provide the mg content as soon as she has it available for the Ca:P ratio.

And I also agree that it is absolutely nobody's business but Peggy's how all of this got funded. Like you said Eddie, it's one thing to want to know who the manufacturing company was so you can check and see if they've had good or bad issues in the past with other projects/products, but that has nothing to do with how this got paid for. That is something none of us has the right to ask or have answered.

Jess

2 spoiled gliders, Gizzy (6/05) and Ruthie (?/05) <3

Please consider rescuing first!

Please remember to complete your surveys at http://www.sugargroup.org/ - help better the lives of gliders everywhere smile
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1078603
02/28/11 05:48 AM
02/28/11 05:48 AM
New Jersey
JillMarie Offline
Serious Glideritis
JillMarie  Offline
Serious Glideritis

New Jersey
Wow I have alot to say here and very little time to say it as I need to head to work...ugh.

OK, here's my 2 cents worth: And this is not a "hey I am all for this diet" or "I am all against this diet" My response here is just meant to state some reality. This also has nothing to do with my feelings for Peggy. Or her standing in the "community," Or where the money came from.

Name problem? coke, coke classic, diet coke, coke zero, blah blah blah.

I dont think there is a problem with the name. There is HPW, HPW Plus, HPW Complete. Not hard to understand. I can see where some could be confused, and we are all concerned about that. But we need to realize there are alot of things in the world that we should be concerned about, but doesnt "each day have enough troubles of its own"? We can worry about everyone else under the sun, but we cannot change any of it, only try to change our little section of it. So we educate as many as we can and pray for the best.

As for some of the other comments like, contamination, she's out to make money, etc etc. No one is twisting any one's arm to buy and use this diet.

Do you realize how much contamination is in the foods we eat everyday? Did you know the FDA (and other government organizations in charge of those things) allows a certain amount of sewage waste in your city water? Bug parts in your chips, rat droppings and chopped frogs in your frozen veggies?

As for making money. God bless her. I hope she makes a ton of it. For example: so many of us make and sell products, dont we all want to make money? If you say you are sewing pouches and selling them to NOT make money, then why aren't you selling them for the cost of the material only? I would like to see all of us making money, then maybe we can all pool our money and do more research and figure out a way to bottle the diet gliders eat in the wild so none of us have diet worries.

Is this diet good or bad? Only time will tell. I repeat what Jessica (angelic) said when she stated it is the responsibility of each owner to research diets for themselves and if it turns out to be bad, it is no ones fault other than their own.

Look at the pet food industry. You have cat food makers swearing vets say their bagged food is the best. Organic/grain free makers swear theirs is the best, the raw food advocates swear their way is best. Add to that one cat thrives on friskies, and another looses all his hair on it and needs a raw meat diet.

There are just too many variables for one person to be responsible for all the gliders out there. Then add to that the fact some glider owners feed treats and others dont. Oh so lets blame Peggy because I gave my glider too many tastes of my meal when eating out and it got sick. Silliness.

Buy it or dont buy it. But it is silly to attack the creator of the diet. I feed my own diet. If someone else uses it, and their gliders dont flourish, that isnt my fault either. While I fully understand the (affectionately called) "cow mentality" that we follow what others do, and if someone has had gliders a long time and is well respected in the community, others will follow their lead, when it comes to glider care, especially diet, people really need to make their own educated decisions. Cant do the research? As Jess said, dont own the pet. Learn from others? Sure! But that knowledge needs to be applied in a practical sense to be considered wisdom.

When I first got gliders, I fed BML. As it had all the ingredients I could obtain easily. But I had researched gliders for 3 years before getting them, and something insided me had an issue with BML. And then I learned more, and adjusted, then 6 months later, the same again.

We never stop learning, and we shouldnt stop wanting to learn. I want to try this and see if my gliders like it, see if I notice any changes in them.

:grey: Bosom Buddy Creations:grey:
^website link wink

Remember that God Loves You!
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1078605
02/28/11 05:58 AM
02/28/11 05:58 AM
FL
V
vhenke11 Offline
Glider Explorer
vhenke11  Offline
Glider Explorer
V

FL
tounge

Last edited by vhenke11; 02/28/11 05:59 AM.
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1078606
02/28/11 06:30 AM
02/28/11 06:30 AM
FL
V
vhenke11 Offline
Glider Explorer
vhenke11  Offline
Glider Explorer
V

FL
:bb:

Last edited by vhenke11; 02/28/11 10:12 AM.
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1078631
02/28/11 11:16 AM
02/28/11 11:16 AM
Bee-Bopping round SnakePit USA
B
Bourbon Offline
Serious Glideritis
Bourbon  Offline
Serious Glideritis
B

Bee-Bopping round SnakePit USA
for years people complain about all the commercial diets, this is one, that the glider community at the minimum has had a chance to watch evolve, I can assure you, in peggy's words, she is not a nutritionist, she is not a scientist, she does however, know what she wants to accomplish, and has been offered the resources to do so.. by utilizing those resources, nutritionist, scientists etc.. and this has been in the testing process and not paid by the community as a whole.

Eddie there are some great people out there with the resources, financial and otherwise to help accomplish many things in this community, everyone doesn't need to know who they are or what it is they contribute.

Those with the VCA knows this to be a fact, as there are many donors who doesn't wish their contributions be known.

I watch many diets get slammed talked down about and totally misrepresented, without people even knowing anything about them.

Misty, I am sorry you feel that honey can not be dehydrated without losing the nutrients, I can reassure you that it is possible and has been done.

as for the complete diet. Peggy , I believe has taken the things she wanted to see changed and made the changes, based on nutritional info
She has listened and heard the community concerns and worked hard on addressing them.

this is more than I have seen with another diet here.

peggy is offering an alternative diet. what people choose to do with that is their choice, they can buy it, they can not buy it, the choice ultimately is up to the individual owner.

the fact is, she is not going to go away, the glider community is merely a cup of sand in the sahara desert, and that cup will not stop forward attempts at progress, in fact it makes for more determination to get more things accomplished.

Peggy Kudos to you, good luck with this new venture, and I hope this diet works out really well for the gliders out there.

Quote:
Until I knew more about the results and such of this year long scientific study I would hold off switching diets, but thats just me.

I have never heard anyone tell someone not to try all these new variations, combo diets etc.. because studies were not done, is there a reason why peggys diet was singled out for that.

Last edited by Bourbon; 02/28/11 11:57 AM. Reason: added respose to end
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1078645
02/28/11 11:55 AM
02/28/11 11:55 AM
Florida
LabNGliderMom Offline
Glider Addict
LabNGliderMom  Offline
Glider Addict

Florida
Amen, B - I am with you laugh

I will say pretty much the same here as I said on LGG:

For those who think this came up recently or "after Celeste and the powdered egg issue" or who believe this was "Stealing a similar idea by Sweet Sugar Gliders" I can VOUCH for the fact that Peggy has been working on this a LONG time. I've been dying for the reveal! grin

For those concerned with the NAME of the diet: I am a PEPSI girl myself, but some places I go, I still tell them I want a COKE and they ASK "what kind of Coke?" so those folks need to get OVER the name... you want to fix that? Here ya go:

--HPW Classic (W.H.P.S. plus eggs, water, honey, & bee pollen)
--HPW Plus ("Peggy's Powder" PLUS eggs, water, honey, & bee pollen
--HPW Complete ("Peggy's Powder" COMPLETE WITH the eggs, water, honey, & bee pollen already IN it, PLUS add water only to finish it before serving)

Wow. I just fixed it - took all of 1/2 a second. No need to argue over semantics, people. I mean - like Peggy said on LGG - how do *we* know HPW doesn't stand for Here's Peggy's Way? roflmao the ORIGINAL may be "commonly known" as the HPW diet but it is really "The W.H.P.S. diet Plan"

For those arguing about it because they don't like Peggy: Get a grip, folks - Some of you don't like Obama but you still live in the country he runs... some of you don't like big conglomerates taking over America but you still use Bank of America and shop at Wal-Mart. You don't have to like the inventor to enjoy the product. Maybe I don't like Alexander Graham Bell - but I am still going to call my Momma once in awhile. smile

For those concerned that Peggy is not posting on GC or GG: GC & GG members are welcome to email Peggy or post to her on one of the other MANY boards she DOES frequent. If someone has questions, they should take them to the person who can provide ANSWERS - that person should not have to come to them. If I want to know what's in my shampoo, I don't sit around and wait for Aussie to come to me - I contact the company myself.

For those who just want to create drama and issues: feed it if you want to - recommend it if you like it - but "don't knock it til you try it," as my grandma used to say... she also used to say" if more people grew up and acted like adults the world would be a much more pleasant place to live" and in this case, if more people approached issues like this (ones they felt passionately about) like mature adults, the boards would be a better place to get good information... just sayin'... ('cuz I have surely been guilty a time or two of letting my resentment or anger get the best of me on the boards - it doesn't pay folks - trust me on this one). wink

Anyway, Peggy did a great job and worked really hard for this. I can VOUCH for how great her stuff is and how wonderful her gliders are. I cannot WAIT to go get some HPW complete! dance

Last edited by LabNGliderMom; 02/28/11 11:57 AM. Reason: spelling

Julie
Hubby: George
Kids: Ayla & Michael
Grandsons: Trysten, Dayton, KJ & Nathyn
The Zoo: Midnight, Severe & Nala - Claude, Pixie, Tippy & Chili - Scout & Soluna, Theo & Deegie

http://hammockhavenpetsplus.com

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1078709
02/28/11 01:40 PM
02/28/11 01:40 PM
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

I am interested in the "clinical" trials that are being done and the details about those because there has been so very little (barely any) clinical trials about anything related to sugar gliders.

Yes, I feel the name is misleading. Just as Bourbon gets irritated when someone says they are feeding BML yet they have done alterations to it. It is no longer BML. Since this does NOT have Wambaroo in it, I feel the name should be something entirely different.

Also, funding could be an issue for me if Virgil Klunder is providing the funding for all this. I will NOT support him or any of his "investments" and I do know that Peggy is or has been working with him in the past.

But I think that if full disclosure is made as to the funding and the "clinical" studies and such, and it does all "prove out" as healthy, I think it is great. Lord knows I have a difficult time getting Wambaroo unless I order it from Geoff. Having a US made product would be great.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1078732
02/28/11 02:16 PM
02/28/11 02:16 PM
Northern VA.
GliderGuyVA Offline
Glider Lover
GliderGuyVA  Offline
Glider Lover

Northern VA.
Don't you just love how people like to speculate on something they have no clue about? Who cares what it's called, if it's good, or even better for our Gliders, then I'm all for it. Not to mention it will be easier to make smile Whether Virgil K has anything to do with it or not(I'll say not) the proof is in the results and quality of the product being offered.

What if Virgil K opted to purchase large quantities to sell with his Gliders? Would that make her a bad person? Absolutly NOT. There would many more healthy Gliders out there smile

I am waiting for my first order to arrive. My wife( A top notch vet) will be conducting her own "Clinical Survey" with our 13 Gliders(and along with many of my local Glider friends).

It's nice having a choice in our Gliders diet. Congrats to ALL that attempt to make our Gliders life much better.

Peggy RULES!!!!!!! smile

Last edited by GliderGuyVA; 02/28/11 02:16 PM. Reason: I can't spell :)

Slave to:
My Wife
Four - Dogs
Two - Cat's
Four - Ferrets
Eight plus - Gliders
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1078738
02/28/11 02:24 PM
02/28/11 02:24 PM

M
Megs
Unregistered
Megs
Unregistered
M

I don't feed HPW, have no desire to feed HPW. I have my own issues with it. HOWEVER... I really couldn't give a rip who gave Peggy all the money to do this.

Really, there are products you and I use daily that I HATE it's source. But, I have no choice but to use it.

Like GliderGuyVA said, as long as good, or the best, for the gliders, that's ALL that should matter.

GliderGuy, could you share with us the result of your independent studies? I'm very curious.

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1078740
02/28/11 02:26 PM
02/28/11 02:26 PM
United States
Temulin Offline
Glider Lover
Temulin  Offline
Glider Lover

United States
I am also of the neutral stance at this point. The question for me is that it's a new diet - it could be good, it could not, but I'd like to watch how the feedback and clinical trials start sounding before I switch or mess with a good thing. There are also ingredients that I have concerns with at this point - the BHA/BHT is pretty high up on my list of "do not eat" foods for me and the pets. I believe it's used in HPW Plus and Complete as an antioxidant to prevent the vegetable oil from spoiling (I'm not sure why vegetable oil is used in the new powder either - seems like added fat that isn't necessary).

I am interested to see who has success with it though. I do feel the name is a little misleading because when I first saw it I thought it was just the American equivalent of the old HPW, but the ingredients are different from the one I usually order.

"If we sliced today's tomatoes yesterday, they'd be yesterday's tomatoes."

:grey: Lord Feverstone
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1078745
02/28/11 02:33 PM
02/28/11 02:33 PM
Northern VA.
GliderGuyVA Offline
Glider Lover
GliderGuyVA  Offline
Glider Lover

Northern VA.
I will share the info if the Admins will allow me too smile The reason I say this is that it will be her info and not mine. She is not a member here nor will she be. Reguardless it will take some time to test and compile all the info so hang in there.

From what I have read, and what I have discussed with Peggy, it looks to be an awesome product and my wife approves so far. This is not something she just invented overnite. She has been hard at it developing, testing, and working with the manufactuers and vets on developing this product. It's off to a great start so far and I am sure it will benefit our Gliders.

Robert

Slave to:
My Wife
Four - Dogs
Two - Cat's
Four - Ferrets
Eight plus - Gliders
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 378 guests, and 88 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,600 TEXAS
679,086 OHIO
487,178 OKLAHOMA
432,185 UTAH
321,703 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024